Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 13941 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 13:47 - Apr 23 with 462 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 13:32 - Apr 23 by GasGiant

Yes agreed. When the dust settles he will be accountable and will lose his post, and maybe his reputation depending on findings, But the key there is the difference between responsibility and accountability. Various Civil servants and NHS managers will be responsible for smaller failures that emerge only as numbers o a graph. We may feel satisfaction when the minister falls on his sword but the competence of many Quangos in the pyramid remains a major unresolved issue.

Now you see, that's a more balanced view, one which i agree with. When this is over if he has f*cked up like the hysteria Soggy is bleating out then he'll be gone, unfortuantely rather than Pointing and screaming like a lot seem to want to we are where we are, Hancock is in charge. Completely pointless copy and pasting every single bad new story you see, all it does is spread negativity and also ignores the fact that a lot of it comes from people with agendas. BUt then Soggy knows best, he was a manager once and gave a bol1oking to someone who didn't do as he was asked dontcha know...

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 13:51 - Apr 23 with 455 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 13:22 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Okay "Ian" you keeping spending all day googling "Cornavirus bad news reports" and i'll carry on taking a more balanced view.

How is your view more balanced when all you do is attack those who critique the government? You have even taken to silly personal insults. Balanced? It really doesn’t look like it does it?
Tough read on 13:57 - Apr 23 with 448 viewsSadoldgit

Yes agreed. When the dust settles he will be accountable and will lose his post, and maybe his reputation depending on findings, But the key there is the difference between responsibility and accountability. Various Civil servants and NHS managers will be responsible for smaller failures that emerge only as numbers o a graph. We may feel satisfaction when the minister falls on his sword but the competence of many Quangos in the pyramid remains a major unresolved issue.

Then those responsible also need to be held to account as I expect they will be. When I worked at the CPS one of the biggest worries was letting the Custody Time Limit of a suspect on remand run out so that they were released before the trial. Fortunately it didn’t happen very often and when it did there usually was an understandable explanation, but everyone in the chain from admin to senior manager had to submit a report and were interviewed. Everybody was he’d responsible buy depending on the findings individuals could face serious repercussions. I can’t see that it would be any different in other government agency departments. Thing is you only hear about those higher up the food chain.
Tough read on 13:58 - Apr 23 with 447 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 13:23 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Ian and Soggy appear to be trying to be the Corbyn and Abbot of mongboards.

You and Dr Goebbels are working nicely as a team today.

You keep your hands clean by letting him post the seriously deranged stuff, but you're always there to give him a pat on the back and a bit of encouragement.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 13:59 - Apr 23 with 445 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 13:51 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

How is your view more balanced when all you do is attack those who critique the government? You have even taken to silly personal insults. Balanced? It really doesn’t look like it does it?

im havent' attacked you, ive simply stated the fact that all you do is spread bad news. I notice you didnt' respond to my post about the incredible feat of creating a number of hospitals in a matter of days, yet bang on relentlessly about how bad Hancock is.

Tough read on 14:02 - Apr 23 with 444 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:52 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

The widespread criticism seems to centre around a lot of ranting on twitter and sensationalist headlines repeated verbatim by the hard of thinking.

This really doesn’t help your credibility. Perhaps spread your media information outlets wider, or even just look at the BBC news everyday. Take the blinkers off pal.
Tough read on 14:07 - Apr 23 with 436 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 13:23 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Ian and Soggy appear to be trying to be the Corbyn and Abbot of mongboards.

Okay, while I am waiting for your definition of what makes a good a manager and why Matt Hancock meets that criteria, perhaps you can add an explanation of what this is supposed to mean? Whilst not wanting to fall into the trap of becoming a poster like this, you are rapidly becoming like the Donald Trump of the mongboards.
Tough read on 14:11 - Apr 23 with 433 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:07 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Okay, while I am waiting for your definition of what makes a good a manager and why Matt Hancock meets that criteria, perhaps you can add an explanation of what this is supposed to mean? Whilst not wanting to fall into the trap of becoming a poster like this, you are rapidly becoming like the Donald Trump of the mongboards.

What do you think of the building of multiple hospitals in a matter of days?

Login to get fewer ads

Tough read on 14:11 - Apr 23 with 432 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:02 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

This really doesn’t help your credibility. Perhaps spread your media information outlets wider, or even just look at the BBC news everyday. Take the blinkers off pal.

i'll start worrying when my credibility gets near your level thanks all the same

Tough read on 15:24 - Apr 23 with 409 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:11 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Great job. I have already said so. Are you going to answer my questions? Are you serious about having a discussion about these things or are you just here to dig at people?
Tough read on 15:30 - Apr 23 with 403 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 15:24 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

Great job. I have already said so. Are you going to answer my questions? Are you serious about having a discussion about these things or are you just here to dig at people?

I already have, commision and delivering a number of hospitals in a short period of time is great leadership. Or maybe we should concentrate on the fact the NHS hasn't run out of PPE yet, or people aren't going for test?

Tough read on 15:37 - Apr 23 with 401 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 15:30 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

I already have, commision and delivering a number of hospitals in a short period of time is great leadership. Or maybe we should concentrate on the fact the NHS hasn't run out of PPE yet, or people aren't going for test?

So build a few hospitals, sit down and put your feet up as job done? Seen the current death rate? It doesn’t stop there pal.
Tough read on 15:56 - Apr 23 with 388 viewsDorsetIan

Tough read on 15:30 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

It might be me, but isn't the essence of a 'balanced view' that you can see both the good and bad in things?

We all agree that the building of hospitals has been great. Managing the outbreak so that the health service has not been overrun likewise.

The consensus is that the PPE situation, the position in relation to care homes, and the testing hasn't been so good. Are you able to acknowledge that or do you agree with Dr Goebbels that 'the people's government' has not put a foot wrong and that anyone who suggests that it has must be a 'vile extremist lefty'?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tough read on 16:09 - Apr 23 with 381 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 15:37 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

So build a few hospitals, sit down and put your feet up as job done? Seen the current death rate? It doesn’t stop there pal.

yeah stick a few hospitals up, nothing too it is there.

There you go again, death rate is all the fault of the government isnt it.

Tough read on 16:09 - Apr 23 with 381 viewsgrumpy

Its no good having capacity for testing if people cant get there.
Tough read on 16:10 - Apr 23 with 379 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 15:56 - Apr 23 by DorsetIan

It might be me, but isn't the essence of a 'balanced view' that you can see both the good and bad in things?

We all agree that the building of hospitals has been great. Managing the outbreak so that the health service has not been overrun likewise.

The consensus is that the PPE situation, the position in relation to care homes, and the testing hasn't been so good. Are you able to acknowledge that or do you agree with Dr Goebbels that 'the people's government' has not put a foot wrong and that anyone who suggests that it has must be a 'vile extremist lefty'?

I think i've already said several times that they haven't been perfect, but you and Soggy carry on pretending i haven't.

Tough read on 16:33 - Apr 23 with 369 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 16:10 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

I think i've already said several times that they haven't been perfect, but you and Soggy carry on pretending i haven't.

So why spend so much time defending them, especially as you say you are neautral? So someone who isn’t bothered that much you seem very bothered to the point where you are getting quite personal with complete strangers.
Tough read on 16:37 - Apr 23 with 367 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 16:33 - Apr 23 by Sadoldgit

So why spend so much time defending them, especially as you say you are neautral? So someone who isn’t bothered that much you seem very bothered to the point where you are getting quite personal with complete strangers.

im not defending them, im simply adding some balance and pointing out the relentless negativity you are peddling. Youre taking it personally unfortunately, which It isn't healthy you know.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 16:39]

Tough read on 16:42 - Apr 23 with 357 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 08:47 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Dont you think it's amazing feat that they've built a number of temporary hospitals all over the country in a matter of weeks.

Absolutely wonderful, but we can still call out their woeful handling of the crisis.I know a lot of people who voted tory have got a lot invested in that vote,mainly because of Brexit,and the footballification of politics ( I'm the blue/red team and they can never do any wrong)The fact is that this government is shite and maybe one day the scales will fall from their eyes.
Tough read on 16:44 - Apr 23 with 356 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 09:02 - Apr 23 by JaySaint

Why is there ranting (by the loony left/FBPE) of not joining the EU ventilator / PPE scheme....?
despite said scheme not providing a single thing!

FBPE are not left,it's those dickheads that enabled this government of shysters
Tough read on 16:49 - Apr 23 with 354 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 13:22 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

Okay "Ian" you keeping spending all day googling "Cornavirus bad news reports" and i'll carry on taking a more balanced view.

Sorry mate, but your slavish support of the government isn't taking a balanced view,you might think it is,why wouldn't you?It's your opinion,but it really isn't.
Tough read on 16:51 - Apr 23 with 351 viewshuelinsaint

That's how it works i'm afraid,and i'm sure that more people further down the food chain will fall on their swords if they are found to have been incompetent.
Tough read on 16:55 - Apr 23 with 348 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 16:49 - Apr 23 by huelinsaint

Sorry mate, but your slavish support of the government isn't taking a balanced view,you might think it is,why wouldn't you?It's your opinion,but it really isn't.

Read the thread again, very slowly and try to comprehend what ive said, not what you think ive said. maybe you'll find "slavish support" or maybe it isn't. For example I had to ask twice what people thought of the hospitals before i got an answer. Funny how no one cut and paste any of those articles to this forum saying how great it was.

Tough read on 16:58 - Apr 23 with 344 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 16:49 - Apr 23 by huelinsaint

Is it balanced to support a party that wanted Diane Abbott to be Home Secretary?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Tough read on 17:00 - Apr 23 with 337 viewshuelinsaint

Tough read on 14:11 - Apr 23 by this_charming_man

They done well but they didn't actually build them ,they converted some venues,still a good effort,unfortunately not enough nurses for the London Nightingale hospital,but i'm sure and hope they'll overcome that problem
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024