Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday 17:04 - Apr 30 with 6881 viewsOccasional_Showers

The people’s government delivering for the people.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:02 - May 3 with 733 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 15:26 - May 3 by pjt50

Actually that's a 3-way contest (at least).

Like most people, I accept that there are some things that the government has done well but a lot of things that they should have done better — both before and during the pandemic. If you don't agree with this let me know & I'll have a go at explaining...

Calling the government to account - especially in times of crisis - is not only good, it's essential.

Pretty much view. Funnily enough the CoC only share the bad news and never give any credit for the good stuff simply because they don’t like the government if you point any of this out you’re accused of being a WUM and a slave like tory supporter
[Post edited 3 May 2020 16:17]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:19 - May 3 with 713 viewsOccasional_Showers

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 15:30 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

😂 I know what you mean!

Personal insults aren’t becoming of you Giles.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:27 - May 3 with 709 viewspjt50

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:02 - May 3 by this_charming_man

Pretty much view. Funnily enough the CoC only share the bad news and never give any credit for the good stuff simply because they don’t like the government if you point any of this out you’re accused of being a WUM and a slave like tory supporter
[Post edited 3 May 2020 16:17]

Understandable, really. There's not much to be gained from mutual back-slapping. We should look at where things have gone, or are going, wrong so that we can limit the damage from this & future pandemics.

Not that I'm suggesting that Matt Hancock reads this forum. Although maybe Rishi Sunak...
[Post edited 3 May 2020 16:40]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:50 - May 3 with 691 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 15:26 - May 3 by pjt50

Actually that's a 3-way contest (at least).

Like most people, I accept that there are some things that the government has done well but a lot of things that they should have done better — both before and during the pandemic. If you don't agree with this let me know & I'll have a go at explaining...

Calling the government to account - especially in times of crisis - is not only good, it's essential.

I couldn’t agree with you more. The trouble is, those who have been asking difficult questions in the media are told they are being unpatriotic in a time when we should all be pulling together and if you do it on social media you are a traitor who should be rounded up. For example, a number of commentators have been expressing the opinion for some time that Matt Hancock is out of his depth in this job and even The Telegraph suggested that he should be replaced. I read an article this morning suggesting that Jeremy Hunt, who has lots of experience in this role, should be brought in to help Hancock but probably won’t because it is suggested that he has blotted his copy book with Johnson.Not the most controversial things in the world, but you just know by posting them you will get a lot of grief from the usual suspects. You know where you are when people start addressing you as COC. So much for balance. The media have done a great job in holding the government to account so far. If it wasn’t for them, the horrific death toll in care homes would have been sidelined. Now, finally, their mortality rates are being included in the daily figures and their issues with PPE are also on the agenda. You shouldn’t have to preface everything you write about with a positive comment just to prove that you are “balanced” but maybe that is the only way the usual suspects will stop jumping on everyone who points out the things that are being handled poorly.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:54 - May 3 with 692 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:27 - May 3 by pjt50

Understandable, really. There's not much to be gained from mutual back-slapping. We should look at where things have gone, or are going, wrong so that we can limit the damage from this & future pandemics.

Not that I'm suggesting that Matt Hancock reads this forum. Although maybe Rishi Sunak...
[Post edited 3 May 2020 16:40]

Nothing to be gained from relentlessly posting endless negative stuff by people who admit themselves they have an anti government agenda either

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:19 - May 3 with 666 viewsDorsetIan

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:50 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

I couldn’t agree with you more. The trouble is, those who have been asking difficult questions in the media are told they are being unpatriotic in a time when we should all be pulling together and if you do it on social media you are a traitor who should be rounded up. For example, a number of commentators have been expressing the opinion for some time that Matt Hancock is out of his depth in this job and even The Telegraph suggested that he should be replaced. I read an article this morning suggesting that Jeremy Hunt, who has lots of experience in this role, should be brought in to help Hancock but probably won’t because it is suggested that he has blotted his copy book with Johnson.Not the most controversial things in the world, but you just know by posting them you will get a lot of grief from the usual suspects. You know where you are when people start addressing you as COC. So much for balance. The media have done a great job in holding the government to account so far. If it wasn’t for them, the horrific death toll in care homes would have been sidelined. Now, finally, their mortality rates are being included in the daily figures and their issues with PPE are also on the agenda. You shouldn’t have to preface everything you write about with a positive comment just to prove that you are “balanced” but maybe that is the only way the usual suspects will stop jumping on everyone who points out the things that are being handled poorly.

The ‚usual suspects‘ are just getting desperate. For whatever reason they can’t stand to see the govt criticised but they not adding anything at all to the debate by their knee jerk attacks on anything interesting.

Away from here things are a bit more sane, thank goodness, and it is becoming a generally accepted truth that things haven’t gone particularly well in the UK. As more facts come out, this is only going to become clearer, so let’s let the usual suspects waffle on for now, if it allows them to feel good about everything.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:23 - May 3 with 685 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 16:50 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

Enlighten us, what positive comments have you made?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:25 - May 3 with 683 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:19 - May 3 by DorsetIan

The ‚usual suspects‘ are just getting desperate. For whatever reason they can’t stand to see the govt criticised but they not adding anything at all to the debate by their knee jerk attacks on anything interesting.

Away from here things are a bit more sane, thank goodness, and it is becoming a generally accepted truth that things haven’t gone particularly well in the UK. As more facts come out, this is only going to become clearer, so let’s let the usual suspects waffle on for now, if it allows them to feel good about everything.

They haven’t gone particularly well, they haven’t gone as badly as some would like us to believe so ether

Unfortunately those who keep banging on about how bad it is can’t offer a view of what they’d consider to have happened if it had gone well as they’ve “not experts” but they’re experts well telling us how awful it is.

Login to get fewer ads

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:44 - May 3 with 678 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:23 - May 3 by this_charming_man

Enlighten us, what positive comments have you made?

I gave credit to Hancock for the Nightingale Hospitals and for tracing his target of 100,000 (any one know if that was a one off or if we are hitting that daily now?).

Sadly there hasn’t been too much else to be cheery about but we live in hope eh?

Anyway, I have a meal to cook, but I will leave you with this to think about while I am gone.

Today my news feeds have all been about Boris Johnson. In true narcissistic style, as we approach 30,000 deaths it is all about him and his brush with death. Can you imagine a leader like, for example, Barack Obama, over publicising his own illness when so many of his countrymen and woman are dying? Perhaps at the end of the pandemic you could imagine him giving an interview about his own experience with the disease, but right in the middle? For those of you who don’t understand why others don’t feel that he is a fit person to be our PM, this incident shows a complete lack of understand and humility.

Now knock yourself out arguing in his favour.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:02 - May 3 with 640 viewsDorsetIan

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:25 - May 3 by this_charming_man

They haven’t gone particularly well, they haven’t gone as badly as some would like us to believe so ether

Unfortunately those who keep banging on about how bad it is can’t offer a view of what they’d consider to have happened if it had gone well as they’ve “not experts” but they’re experts well telling us how awful it is.

Waffle.

Govt apologist.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:09 - May 3 with 660 viewsBazza

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:44 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

I gave credit to Hancock for the Nightingale Hospitals and for tracing his target of 100,000 (any one know if that was a one off or if we are hitting that daily now?).

Sadly there hasn’t been too much else to be cheery about but we live in hope eh?

Anyway, I have a meal to cook, but I will leave you with this to think about while I am gone.

Today my news feeds have all been about Boris Johnson. In true narcissistic style, as we approach 30,000 deaths it is all about him and his brush with death. Can you imagine a leader like, for example, Barack Obama, over publicising his own illness when so many of his countrymen and woman are dying? Perhaps at the end of the pandemic you could imagine him giving an interview about his own experience with the disease, but right in the middle? For those of you who don’t understand why others don’t feel that he is a fit person to be our PM, this incident shows a complete lack of understand and humility.

Now knock yourself out arguing in his favour.

Being PM or Health Minister is a very tough job with an aging and continually increasing population. Private care homes made a ton of money £1.5Bn last year but seem to fail to deliver consistently.
Currently though everyone is treading in unknown territory. I'm positive Corbyn would have been a disaster. John Ashworth might have done well given a chance. Underlying this, is the current civil service logistics arm fit for purpose?
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:23 - May 3 with 652 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:02 - May 3 by DorsetIan

Waffle.

Govt apologist.

Cracking point “Ian” what a great debater you are.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:00 - May 3 with 635 viewsOccasional_Showers

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:09 - May 3 by Bazza

Being PM or Health Minister is a very tough job with an aging and continually increasing population. Private care homes made a ton of money £1.5Bn last year but seem to fail to deliver consistently.
Currently though everyone is treading in unknown territory. I'm positive Corbyn would have been a disaster. John Ashworth might have done well given a chance. Underlying this, is the current civil service logistics arm fit for purpose?

Dianne Abbott would’ve had us on 1 billion tests a day by now.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:59 - May 3 with 595 viewsDorsetIan

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 18:23 - May 3 by this_charming_man

Cracking point “Ian” what a great debater you are.

Penny's finally dropped Pal. You're incapable of discussion or debate. It's all just hot air. Waffle.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:28 - May 3 with 596 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:59 - May 3 by DorsetIan

Penny's finally dropped Pal. You're incapable of discussion or debate. It's all just hot air. Waffle.

Yet you’ve spent the last month replying to me.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:41 - May 3 with 591 viewsHappy_Jack

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:59 - May 3 by DorsetIan

You are the Travis Bickle of the forum Ian.
"Here is a man who stood up. Here is...."

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:49 - May 3 with 573 viewsDorsetIan

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:28 - May 3 by this_charming_man

Yet you’ve spent the last month replying to me.

We all make mistakes.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:55 - May 3 with 566 viewsDorsetIan

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:41 - May 3 by Happy_Jack

You are the Travis Bickle of the forum Ian.
"Here is a man who stood up. Here is...."

You talkin' to me?

No 'standing up' - just a moment of clarity.

But coincidentally, I did give my youngest a mohican a few days ago, so perhaps there's something unconscious going on that I'm not aware of.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 20:56 - May 3 with 577 viewsJaySaint

I see Piers Morgan says he has been tested due to showing mild symptoms, but yet does not know the result...

2 issues with that;

How can he claim he has been tested when by his own words, there is no test unless you have the result?

Very recently, he was slating ministers for being tested when they didn't really need to/ahead of key workers...how come he has wangled a test?

I hope he is clear of C19 but if is not, shame he never followed his own advice (rants) and worked from home!
[Post edited 3 May 2020 20:56]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 21:18 - May 3 with 563 viewsMr_Happy

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 19:00 - May 3 by Occasional_Showers

Dianne Abbott would’ve had us on 1 billion tests a day by now.

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 22:59 - May 3 with 535 viewsgrumpy

I am not a particular fan of Corbin but how do you know? He would have brought in his own advisers as Boris has done. Any government would have struggled containing this virus but the numbers are appalling.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 23:38 - May 3 with 518 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 11:08 - May 4 with 467 viewsSadoldgit

Yes it is a tough job, especially in times like these, but that is what you sign up for when you stand for election. As for the type of job that Corbyn and his team would have done, we will never know, but given their commitment to public service, I think it is fair to assume that they would have been right behind the care workers sooner. Hancock is making the job so much harder for himself. The testing has fallen back again (not surprising given the way that he artificially inflated the figure so he could reach his target on one day). If he concentrated his efforts on a proper test, trace and isolate plan no one would be talking about his latest failure. He constantly sets himself up to fail. Little wonder the people under have little confidence in his leadership.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 11:28 - May 4 with 458 viewsSadoldgit

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 17:25 - May 3 by this_charming_man

You really do not pay attention do you? I have already explained to you that “good” was described by a Government expert as 20,000 deaths. By definition anything approaching 30,000 deaths must be seen as “not good”.
81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 12:11 - May 4 with 440 viewsthis_charming_man

81,000 Covid-19 tests yesterday on 11:28 - May 4 by Sadoldgit

You really do not pay attention do you? I have already explained to you that “good” was described by a Government expert as 20,000 deaths. By definition anything approaching 30,000 deaths must be seen as “not good”.

If indeed you did say that (which i dont recall you doing) i Probably missed it then as you love to type and type and type and type and type and type some more pages and pages of drivel about how much you hate the tories, ignore any questions you dont like to answer and accuse anyone who disagrees with you as being a WUM a Tory or a far right.

20k Was described as good yes, but as previously pointed out no one knows how many people died because of Covid, not with it and we wont for a very long time. Even your own favourite source of news ran a very good article about that a few days ago. It's far from the "shambles" you like to pretend it is.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 12:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024