Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Dad, a saint forever 16:43 - May 2 with 4312 viewsluffy22

My dad passed and we had his funeral yesterday, He had a season ticket for well over 30 years, he first started taking me back in the 70's and he had been going long before that.

I want to thank you for being part of his service.

He went to pretty much every ground with saints and had lots of friends from around the ground over the years.

He was in the Northern at St Marys, the Archers at the dell. Him and I used to read the Ugly Inside in paper format when it first started, we would purchase at the ground, he still read this forum up to his passing. Nick you have been part of my family life for many years although we have never met. Dad says thanks for all the laughs and the news :)

It wasn't the virus that got him, but it was because of the virus and self-isolating meant he didn't get the care he needed. He was now old and frail, his time was due, virus or not.

This is not a morbid post, nor one of me seeking sympathy. It is to spread the joy that was bought to us, his family yesterday by him being a saint.

The photos show his coffin had the stripes draped, he was sent to cremation wearing his saints top that was mainly red with the thin white strips, we thought that top was so bad it needed burning, it wasn't a hard choice. He also went into the fire with his saints scarf and bobble hat on.

This is where I thank you all,
The crowning glory was the final music, it was a recording of 'oh when the saints', Recorded at st Marys, it was the crowd singing, no music, just the chant, it was amazing, I'm hoping he was part of the recording.

Cheers and see you all soon

Darren

My Dad, a saint forever on 17:02 - May 2 with 3502 viewsSaint_Beaker

Sincerely sorry to hear that sir. Condolences.
My Dad, a saint forever on 18:11 - May 2 with 3453 viewsHappy_Jack

Condolences to you and your family sir. The Father and son bond when it comes to football is a special one and lasts a lifetime. I'm sure many on here take their nippers to watch Saints so on it goes and hopefully always will. I saw us win at Wembley in 76 with my Dad who is long gone but I'll never forget it.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

My Dad, a saint forever on 18:14 - May 2 with 3450 viewssaint22

What a sublime and moving post
Thoughts and wishes to you and yours
I take my boys and if I get a send off like that from them it will be worth it
My Dad, a saint forever on 18:22 - May 2 with 3434 viewsA1079

A lovely message and so full of meaning and what many of us sons and fathers reasonate with. Sincere condolences to you and your family, but as you say, also a time for reflection and happy memories.
My Dad, a saint forever on 18:26 - May 2 with 3426 viewsdirk_doone

Condolences, Darren. Thank you for posting that tribute.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

My Dad, a saint forever on 18:33 - May 2 with 3412 viewsSadoldgit

Very sad news but a lovely tribute. Deepest condolences to you and your family.
My Dad, a saint forever on 18:41 - May 2 with 3408 views1885_SFC

I echo what all of the above have said Darren.

Good luck mate & all the best.

Old School is Cool

My Dad, a saint forever on 19:05 - May 2 with 3378 viewsgrumpy

Very moving,Darren.Condolences to you and your family.
Login to get fewer ads

My Dad, a saint forever on 20:21 - May 2 with 3326 viewsSoton

A sad time for you Darren, but it seems you can take comfort from some great football bonding moments throughout yours and your dads life
My Dad, a saint forever on 20:37 - May 2 with 3293 viewsthis_charming_man

My Dad, a saint forever on 20:21 - May 2 by Soton

A sad time for you Darren, but it seems you can take comfort from some great football bonding moments throughout yours and your dads life

Condolences Darren

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

My Dad, a saint forever on 21:30 - May 2 with 3256 viewshedgeend61

Sad news,
Lost my dad 12 years back, it's tough, stay strong fella.

RIP Saint.
My Dad, a saint forever on 22:38 - May 2 with 3207 viewskingslandstand1

What a great post said with such sincerity. Coincidentally today I've been sorting through some more of my late dad's "stuff" today and reminiscing as well as read a copy of the eulogy I read
Keep all of those good memories of him, and with a smile
Condolences to you and your family
My Dad, a saint forever on 23:08 - May 2 with 3184 viewsbattler

Many condolences, your dad sounded like a true loyal Saint.
My Dad, a saint forever (n/t) on 06:47 - May 3 with 3123 viewsNumber_58

What a lovely and touching post. Treasure the memories. I lost my dad three years ago. We attended hundreds and hundreds of games together over the years. Me and my boy still occasionally pop up to the graveyard to tell Dad the latest scores. It's silly really but quite therapeutic.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 6:53]
My Dad, a saint forever on 09:02 - May 3 with 3076 viewskernow

Good sentiments expressed in your tribute to your Dad. Pleased to hear that he had a good and fitting send off.
A big hole remains with the loss of your Dad so best wishes to you and your family. Stay strong, stay healthy.
My Dad, a saint forever on 09:22 - May 3 with 3065 views1ASIN12

Condolences to you and all your family .
My Dad, a saint forever on 10:22 - May 3 with 3034 viewssaint68

Sorry for your loss mate, in the months and years to come you will have this immediate urge to speak to your dad about the amazing goal you've just seen or the ridiculous referees decisions...i often found myself picking up the phone to chat with my dad about those kind of situations after he passed away...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

My Dad, a saint forever on 10:37 - May 3 with 3018 viewsWhiteknight

Very moving - my condolences and a reminder that Saints supporters come in many different forms.

This article, together with Nick's excellent retrospectives, remind me of the pleasure that I had going to games with my dad and the pleasure of going to games with my son.

It also reminds me of what it means to support Saints and the bonds that tie us rather than divide.

COYS

Poll: Dover shambles - what's to blame?

My Dad, a saint forever on 10:53 - May 3 with 3006 viewsSaintNick

I am truly humbled and touched that I have been part of his and your Saints supporting life and glad that he got enjoyment from TUI.

It is things like this that make me realise why I started The Ugly Inside and continue on with it, it is all about the Saints family and our mutual love of the club.

Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss and although it s a very upsetting time for you, I can tell by your post that you had many happy times together both in life and supporting Saints.

Hopefully you can take solace that he lived a full and happy life and that when you return to St Mary's or go past the Dell, you will always have a thought of a happy time spent together.

It is a post like this that makes me realise why I started The Ugly Inside and have continued it on for 32 years now, it is about being a part of a wider family, that of being supporters of Southampton FC.

Once again thank you for your kind words, I am truly lost for words of my one that can truly show my appreciation and thoughts that I have meant something to someone in their lifetime.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

My Dad, a saint forever on 11:37 - May 3 with 2975 viewssaintwizzler

ATB

2020 is truly a shît year.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

My Dad, a saint forever on 14:16 - May 3 with 2909 viewsRonManager

RIP, another Saint in heaven.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

My Dad, a saint forever on 17:45 - May 3 with 2861 viewsNewdawn2014

So sorry about your Dad , I did`nt know him but I am sure as a Saints fan he would have been delighted to have had such a glorious send off .

RIP

COYS
My Dad, a saint forever on 18:15 - May 3 with 2853 viewsSaintsforeverj

RIP - Always a Saint.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

My Dad, a saint forever on 20:48 - May 3 with 2796 views1teeminants

Very moving Darren ,Condolences Sir . RIP to your dad.

My dad took me to the Dell and his dad took him and now I take my son .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

My Dad, a saint forever on 15:10 - May 4 with 2713 viewsTimSaint

My condolences Darren.

My Dad was working most Saturdays, so rarely took me to Saints, so instead, I used to go with my Grandad. Going to football together gave us a real bond (more so than he had with my brother) and even when I was a bit older and went with mates, he often used to drive us all and meet up with us after the game. Then once we are all able to drive, we always used to ensure he got a lift to all the home games and some of the aways too. He was taken far too soon, but at least he was able to see us at Wembley quite a few times, win the FA Cup and move to a brand new stadium.
He was given a lovely send off which referred to football and Saints many times and it is so pleasing to see that you have gone a step further with your Dad - really touching.
Stay safe and keep remembering the fantastic Saints experiences you shared together.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024