Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... 18:43 - May 4 with 1396 views1885_SFC

died of Corona virus yesterday aged 71.

https://thequietus.com/articles/28210-the-stranglers-dave-greenfield-dead-rip
[Post edited 4 May 2020 18:45]

Old School is Cool

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 18:47 - May 4 with 1385 viewssaint68

Sad loss....top man and extremely talented. RIP.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 18:51 - May 4 with 1375 viewsRonManager

ffs

Hugh Cornwell
@HughCornwell
I am very sorry to hear of the passing of Dave Greenfield. He was the difference between The Stranglers and every other punk band. His musical skill and gentle nature gave an interesting twist to the band. He should be remembered as the man who gave the world the music of Golden Brown. Hugh Cornwell 4/5/2020

[Post edited 4 May 2020 18:59]

I can remember when the internet was all fields

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 18:53 - May 4 with 1367 viewsSadoldgit

Very sad news. One of my favourite bands from that period.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 08:36 - May 5 with 1278 viewsSaint_Beaker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52537293

Greenfield died on Sunday having contracted the virus after a prolonged stay in hospital for heart problems.

Is this died of Covid, or with? Again, we are seeing wooly figures here. He has been in hosital for prolonged periods with heart issues, but no doubt he died 100% because of the virus? Is that so?
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:14 - May 5 with 1262 viewsSadoldgit

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 08:36 - May 5 by Saint_Beaker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52537293

Greenfield died on Sunday having contracted the virus after a prolonged stay in hospital for heart problems.

Is this died of Covid, or with? Again, we are seeing wooly figures here. He has been in hosital for prolonged periods with heart issues, but no doubt he died 100% because of the virus? Is that so?

Dear God. The bloke has just died and you are making a political point on his tribute page. Take it somewhere else.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:16 - May 5 with 1256 viewsSaint_Beaker

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:14 - May 5 by Sadoldgit

Dear God. The bloke has just died and you are making a political point on his tribute page. Take it somewhere else.

In what way am I politicising? I am merely pointing out and asking what he actually died of. Please tel me, in what way is that me brining politics into it? In your own words. I am waiting in eagerness.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:40 - May 5 with 1244 viewsSadoldgit

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:16 - May 5 by Saint_Beaker

In what way am I politicising? I am merely pointing out and asking what he actually died of. Please tel me, in what way is that me brining politics into it? In your own words. I am waiting in eagerness.

Once again, your attempt to reduce the amount of covid deaths does not belong on this thread. Show some decency. Like many others, he went into hospital with one condition and died of covid. If you want to dispute that, perhaps do it on another thread?
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:45 - May 5 with 1239 viewsSadoldgit

Getting back to the memory of Dave Greenfield, we have been discussing the music of The Doors recently. I think his keyboards have The Stranglers a very Doors like sound. For an era when it wasn’t cool to be able to play your instruments well, The Stranglers were a good bunch of musicians.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:00 - May 5 with 1238 viewskernow

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:16 - May 5 by Saint_Beaker

New poster eh?
You seem very familiar to me or could it be that there are numerous other irritating colonic worms who suddenly appear out of the ether?
Politics by the spadeful. Stop taking the p1ss!
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:12 - May 5 with 1229 viewskernow

Saw them live, not on this occasion.

[Post edited 5 May 2020 10:13]
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:23 - May 5 with 1220 viewsSaint_Beaker

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 09:40 - May 5 by Sadoldgit

Once again, your attempt to reduce the amount of covid deaths does not belong on this thread. Show some decency. Like many others, he went into hospital with one condition and died of covid. If you want to dispute that, perhaps do it on another thread?

Once again, please show me where I have made it political. If you cannot, then I suspect it is you trying to make out it is political just to attack me again. Nothing I said was about support of government, in fact if you had a half a brain you would see I am calling into account the figues, meaning I am wondering about the government figures being inflated.

Have a day off from being a jakcass huh.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:24 - May 5 with 1220 viewsSaint_Beaker

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:00 - May 5 by kernow

New poster eh?
You seem very familiar to me or could it be that there are numerous other irritating colonic worms who suddenly appear out of the ether?
Politics by the spadeful. Stop taking the p1ss!

Wqhat? You mean I may have characteristics of others on this forum? Shock horror. man agrees with other mans views.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 10:24]
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:31 - May 5 with 1212 viewskernow

Shut up you muppet.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:32 - May 5 with 1210 viewsSaint_Beaker

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:31 - May 5 by kernow

Shut up you muppet.

Are you sure you did not post on here under another name before as you call people names when found wanting in a debate, just like this other poster used to do.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 11:01 - May 5 with 1203 viewskernow

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 10:32 - May 5 by Saint_Beaker

Are you sure you did not post on here under another name before as you call people names when found wanting in a debate, just like this other poster used to do.

Have posted sheite on the internet for fifteen years, four different Saints forums, same username throughout.
Next question?

What debate?
This was a tribute thread.
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 18:53 - May 5 with 1122 viewsSadoldgit

The BBC have just described The Stranglers as a punk band. Although they were clearly part of what was known as the “new wave” I don’t think that they were a “punk” band were they?
RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 19:16 - May 5 with 1113 views1885_SFC

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 18:53 - May 5 by Sadoldgit

The BBC have just described The Stranglers as a punk band. Although they were clearly part of what was known as the “new wave” I don’t think that they were a “punk” band were they?

They were a punk band in the early days when I used to get to see them when they first started out on the pub scene. They were called 'The Guildford Stranglers' back then. I know it's hindsight and easy to say now - but you always knew back then they were going to become 'big' because they had a unique sound & were... well, quality really.

Old School is Cool

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 20:31 - May 5 with 1086 viewsSadoldgit

RIP The Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield... on 19:16 - May 5 by 1885_SFC

They were a punk band in the early days when I used to get to see them when they first started out on the pub scene. They were called 'The Guildford Stranglers' back then. I know it's hindsight and easy to say now - but you always knew back then they were going to become 'big' because they had a unique sound & were... well, quality really.

I grew up with The Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Yardbirds, Who etc so wasn’t overly impressed when punk came along, but I did like The Stranglers. Regret not seeing them live.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024