Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK now Europes highest death toll 19:25 - May 5 with 2823 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52539905

And its got that high quicker than Italy
UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:17 - May 6 with 592 viewsDorsetIan

UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:11 - May 6 by Bison

This -

Germany spent €4,271 (£3,744) per person on healthcare

It's misleading look at the states they spend aroun 10,000 per person.

Germany also has compulsory insurance you have to pay , the UK doesn't it's totally funded by the government. So per head yes it's more but that is only partly funded by the state.

I don't know enough about the numbers to respond to you what you're saying. The post was a just a v quick response to TCM who seemed to be implying that Germany could test more because it s system was partly private. The point of the article was simply to demonstrate that there seems to be more than one factor at play.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:51 - May 6 with 568 viewsthis_charming_man

UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:17 - May 6 by DorsetIan

I don't know enough about the numbers to respond to you what you're saying. The post was a just a v quick response to TCM who seemed to be implying that Germany could test more because it s system was partly private. The point of the article was simply to demonstrate that there seems to be more than one factor at play.

Yes there is, there always is more than one factor at play. Dont you think the fact that the health service there being part funded privately could have had a significant bearing on the ability to quickly scale tests?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:53]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:04 - May 6 with 559 viewsDorsetIan

UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:51 - May 6 by this_charming_man

Yes there is, there always is more than one factor at play. Dont you think the fact that the health service there being part funded privately could have had a significant bearing on the ability to quickly scale tests?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:53]

OK...I think I've already exceeded my 'responding to TCM' limit. I appreciate that I run the risk of an 'answer the question, answer the question' routine but so be it.

If you would like to put forward an argument in support of your proposition, please do so. Third party supportive evidence always welcome: 'TCM asserts it' works for you but less so for me.

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:06 - May 6 with 560 viewsdirk_doone

UK now Europes highest death toll on 16:11 - May 6 by Bison

This -

Germany spent €4,271 (£3,744) per person on healthcare

It's misleading look at the states they spend aroun 10,000 per person.

Germany also has compulsory insurance you have to pay , the UK doesn't it's totally funded by the government. So per head yes it's more but that is only partly funded by the state.

"Germany also has compulsory insurance you have to pay , the UK doesn't it's totally funded by the government."

It's incredibly generous of those government chappies to fund the health service out of their own pockets.

In this country, we pay National Insurance (it's compulsory and you have to pay it) as well as income tax to fund our health service. If government ministers were topping this up with money out of their own pockets, I'm sure they'd let us know about it

One of the big differences between our national budgets is that we waste billions on buying nuclear weapons from America while Germany told the Americans, they didn't want them but agreed to let the Americans put nuclear weapons in their country for free. Most countries in the world don't bother with nuclear weapons as they realize in this day and age, they are useless, and that the money is better spent on health, education and conventional military equipment. Most countries want a nuclear non-proliferation treaty to rid the world of nuclear weapons but the British government refused to sign it.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 17:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:08 - May 6 with 557 viewsthis_charming_man

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:04 - May 6 by DorsetIan

OK...I think I've already exceeded my 'responding to TCM' limit. I appreciate that I run the risk of an 'answer the question, answer the question' routine but so be it.

If you would like to put forward an argument in support of your proposition, please do so. Third party supportive evidence always welcome: 'TCM asserts it' works for you but less so for me.

Its not my proposition. Its quite simple really. Many left wing people are incandescent with rage at the merest suggestion the NHS might be privatised, yet are also incandescent with rage that we arent dealing with CV-19 as well as Germany, who do have a part privatised system. Maybe there is something in the "we should be more like Germany" mantra.

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:18 - May 6 with 549 viewsBison

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:06 - May 6 by dirk_doone

"Germany also has compulsory insurance you have to pay , the UK doesn't it's totally funded by the government."

It's incredibly generous of those government chappies to fund the health service out of their own pockets.

In this country, we pay National Insurance (it's compulsory and you have to pay it) as well as income tax to fund our health service. If government ministers were topping this up with money out of their own pockets, I'm sure they'd let us know about it

One of the big differences between our national budgets is that we waste billions on buying nuclear weapons from America while Germany told the Americans, they didn't want them but agreed to let the Americans put nuclear weapons in their country for free. Most countries in the world don't bother with nuclear weapons as they realize in this day and age, they are useless, and that the money is better spent on health, education and conventional military equipment. Most countries want a nuclear non-proliferation treaty to rid the world of nuclear weapons but the British government refused to sign it.

Good point Dirk. Yes in Germany to qualify you need to have paid your insurance and qualify for 'free' health insurance whilst in this country every gets it whether they are illegal or not its free at the point of delivery to every man and his dog and whether they have flown in the day before does not matter. The NHS is nearly unique in the world for a reason , it's out of date.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:20 - May 6 with 543 viewsDorsetIan

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:08 - May 6 by this_charming_man

Its not my proposition. Its quite simple really. Many left wing people are incandescent with rage at the merest suggestion the NHS might be privatised, yet are also incandescent with rage that we arent dealing with CV-19 as well as Germany, who do have a part privatised system. Maybe there is something in the "we should be more like Germany" mantra.

You're messing about now - just repeating things that I've already responded too. This is what I meant when I said it was impossible to have a sensible discussion with you.

Over and out on this one for now.

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:34 - May 6 with 527 viewsSadoldgit

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:08 - May 6 by this_charming_man

You do love to over exaggerate don’t you? If you want to be taken seriously perhaps you should do as Hancock suggests and watch your tone? Throwing words around like incandescent and hysterical at the drop of a hat just makes you look...hysterical. Nobody on here is behaving in an overly dramatic way so why pretend that they are? From my experience on these forums lefties seem to prefer to engage in a rational discussion whereas you righties love to throw in drama and name throwing. Try adjusting your tone and see how that works for you. It might help some of these tedious circular arguments move forward a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

UK now Europes highest death toll on 18:00 - May 6 with 512 viewsthis_charming_man

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:34 - May 6 by Sadoldgit

You do love to over exaggerate don’t you? If you want to be taken seriously perhaps you should do as Hancock suggests and watch your tone? Throwing words around like incandescent and hysterical at the drop of a hat just makes you look...hysterical. Nobody on here is behaving in an overly dramatic way so why pretend that they are? From my experience on these forums lefties seem to prefer to engage in a rational discussion whereas you righties love to throw in drama and name throwing. Try adjusting your tone and see how that works for you. It might help some of these tedious circular arguments move forward a bit.

"Nobody on here is behaving in an overly dramatic way" spending day after day on a mongboard telling everyone how bad it all is isnt be dramatic then?

Do you think the NHS should or shouldn't be privatised? You've also not given me your view on democracy yet.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 18:06]

UK now Europes highest death toll on 18:05 - May 6 with 504 viewsthis_charming_man

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:20 - May 6 by DorsetIan

You're messing about now - just repeating things that I've already responded too. This is what I meant when I said it was impossible to have a sensible discussion with you.

Over and out on this one for now.

But you want us to be like Germany, they've privatised parts of their health service, you dont want that. Your position is flawed because your political beliefs hinder your ability to be pragmatic so as to reach your desired result.

UK now Europes highest death toll on 19:43 - May 6 with 471 views1885_SFC

UK now Europes highest death toll on 17:06 - May 6 by dirk_doone

Nuclear weapons - when they first came out - did the job they were designed for by stopping another world war.

Then came the 'Cold War' era where it became a case of willy-waving between the US and Russia.

Today however, nuclear weapons are becoming more & more important once again because of all the nut-jobs around the world ramping up production of their own versions... Iran, North Korea, etc. I wouldn't like the UK/The West to ditch our nuclear arsenals - not until everyone else follows suit & plays by the same rules.

Old School is Cool

UK now Europes highest death toll on 20:39 - May 6 with 455 viewsSadoldgit

UK now Europes highest death toll on 18:00 - May 6 by this_charming_man

"Nobody on here is behaving in an overly dramatic way" spending day after day on a mongboard telling everyone how bad it all is isnt be dramatic then?

Do you think the NHS should or shouldn't be privatised? You've also not given me your view on democracy yet.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 18:06]

When people are pretending things aren’t so bad, our PM is telling us we have been a success and the death rate is going up every day, coming in here putting things into a proper perspective has nothing to do with drama. Having said that, don’t you think that losing 30,000 lives in this country alone is “dramatic”?

Why on earth would I want the NHS to be privatised?Properly funded, yes.

My view on democracy is that it is a system that works well when there is a large majority in favour of a particular cause of action. The closer it gets to 50/50 the less it serves it purpose. For example, if you have 10,000 people voting one way and 10,001 voting another, it is very difficult to make a case that democracy as we use it is the correct way forward.

For major changes it is not unreasonable to look for a large majority in order to move forward with that change. Cameron made many mistakes but a major one (apart from saying he would implement the result despite it only being advisory) was not insisting on a substantial majority would be needed in order to facilitate leaving the EU - say 60%. Even you can’t argue that Leave had a substantial majority.
UK now Europes highest death toll on 21:15 - May 6 with 443 viewsthis_charming_man

UK now Europes highest death toll on 20:39 - May 6 by Sadoldgit

When people are pretending things aren’t so bad, our PM is telling us we have been a success and the death rate is going up every day, coming in here putting things into a proper perspective has nothing to do with drama. Having said that, don’t you think that losing 30,000 lives in this country alone is “dramatic”?

Why on earth would I want the NHS to be privatised?Properly funded, yes.

My view on democracy is that it is a system that works well when there is a large majority in favour of a particular cause of action. The closer it gets to 50/50 the less it serves it purpose. For example, if you have 10,000 people voting one way and 10,001 voting another, it is very difficult to make a case that democracy as we use it is the correct way forward.

For major changes it is not unreasonable to look for a large majority in order to move forward with that change. Cameron made many mistakes but a major one (apart from saying he would implement the result despite it only being advisory) was not insisting on a substantial majority would be needed in order to facilitate leaving the EU - say 60%. Even you can’t argue that Leave had a substantial majority.

The recent general election was won by a huge majority, but you didn't like that result either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024