Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 11299 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

“Stay Alert” on 14:43 - May 13 with 900 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 14:40 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

There are probably many teachers who would be happy to just go back to normal perhaps. But the government is saying it is not safe to do so, and schools must therefore follow instructions I. E social distancing and 15 to a class. This 15 to a class rule, is to continue being followed when ALL year groups return before the Summer. It is not possible.

You would need double the staff and double the classrooms, when all year groups return if every class is split. Even with 15 young children, you can't keep them apart and also away from the teacher.

There are just so many "questions unanswered" and this is the problem. The teachers I know are more than happy to engage with anyone, the head, unions, parents but the government has given its instructions. Everyone should engage and discuss solutions but what is the answer? Place extra cabins at each school? Set single desks for 5 year olds?

Personally I think you get in say one year group one day a week and alternate. Every student then gets at least some time in school. Enough Classrooms for social distancing and enough staff. Would that not be a solution? The thing is the government have set their instructions and now schools are trying to work out how to carry out these out.

But it's all one big nightmare isn't it. From football to schools to the economy. Very difficult for any government to deal with and anyone.

If all children came back on a rota system, they’d be sharing resources and classroom space over the week which is also against the guidelines. No sharing of resources which will be a nightmare with the play-led learning of reception.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

“Stay Alert” on 14:56 - May 13 with 878 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 14:43 - May 13 by Vagina_Dentata

If all children came back on a rota system, they’d be sharing resources and classroom space over the week which is also against the guidelines. No sharing of resources which will be a nightmare with the play-led learning of reception.

I suppose you could in theory split one year group up per day, each year group has its own resources (pens, pencils etc in a zippy wallet) and school gets deep cleaned every evening before the next year group comes in the next day. Each class in that year group could be split across the school.

As it stands with just select year groups coming into school, how many student will come in? Parents who have one child in year 1 and one in year 5 won't be able to work anyway. So will they bother sending in their year 1 child but still have to be at home for their year 5 child? It just seems very chaotic.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

“Stay Alert” on 15:10 - May 13 with 861 viewsVagina_Dentata

Chaotic is the right word.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

“Stay Alert” on 15:41 - May 13 with 842 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 14:56 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

I suppose you could in theory split one year group up per day, each year group has its own resources (pens, pencils etc in a zippy wallet) and school gets deep cleaned every evening before the next year group comes in the next day. Each class in that year group could be split across the school.

As it stands with just select year groups coming into school, how many student will come in? Parents who have one child in year 1 and one in year 5 won't be able to work anyway. So will they bother sending in their year 1 child but still have to be at home for their year 5 child? It just seems very chaotic.

There will be many permutations amongst the millions of people in the country. That is why there are guidelines and it is up to the rest of us to apply a bit of mission command and make it work. If someone decides to keep their Year 1 kid home because they've got a Year 5 kid as well that's fine, they won't be penalised. It's complicated, not chaotic. If people just got on with it instead of thinking up different scenarios as a reason to not do anything then imagine what we could achieve as a nation.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 15:47 - May 13 with 836 viewsSadoldgit

If we consulted with all interested parties and reached a consensus before implementing half baked plans, just think what we would achieve as a nation.
“Stay Alert” on 15:48 - May 13 with 836 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 15:41 - May 13 by TheMoog

There will be many permutations amongst the millions of people in the country. That is why there are guidelines and it is up to the rest of us to apply a bit of mission command and make it work. If someone decides to keep their Year 1 kid home because they've got a Year 5 kid as well that's fine, they won't be penalised. It's complicated, not chaotic. If people just got on with it instead of thinking up different scenarios as a reason to not do anything then imagine what we could achieve as a nation.

I agree. Complicated is the right word but that's why we shouldn't be slamming teachers or any worker when things are so "complicated".

“Stay Alert” on 15:56 - May 13 with 822 viewsSaintsforeverj

Somebody mentioned France - is this really the solution?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/11610977/france-schools-coron

It's not unreasonable for teachers tolo ask if this is acceptable. I have children. Making them spend all day like this makes you question whether it's worth it.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 16:00]

“Stay Alert” on 16:00 - May 13 with 813 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 15:48 - May 13 by Saintsforeverj

I agree. Complicated is the right word but that's why we shouldn't be slamming teachers or any worker when things are so "complicated".

No, the unions were being slammed for telling teachers to not engage in the planning process.

Standby to standby

Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 16:03 - May 13 with 806 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 15:47 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

If we consulted with all interested parties and reached a consensus before implementing half baked plans, just think what we would achieve as a nation.

How long would that take? Go round every school and assess their individual situation for them?

No, here's what we want to achieve, go away and try and make it work. Very fookin simple. Unions telling their members to not get involved is hugely counterproductive.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 18:33 - May 13 with 782 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 16:03 - May 13 by TheMoog

How long would that take? Go round every school and assess their individual situation for them?

No, here's what we want to achieve, go away and try and make it work. Very fookin simple. Unions telling their members to not get involved is hugely counterproductive.

It would take as long as it takes and there will always be individual issues, but better to launch something that people are behind and will work to tweak where necessary. This “plan” has multiple floors from the start and has no support. Surely if we have learned one thing from this pandemic so far it is you can’t mess about when lives are at stake.
“Stay Alert” on 18:55 - May 13 with 780 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 18:33 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

It would take as long as it takes and there will always be individual issues, but better to launch something that people are behind and will work to tweak where necessary. This “plan” has multiple floors from the start and has no support. Surely if we have learned one thing from this pandemic so far it is you can’t mess about when lives are at stake.

A ‘high rise’ plan you could say, no?

There is plenty of support. My best mate is a deputy head at a Hampshire school and his wife is a year head and they are both behind it and getting on with it. The lack of support seems to be from those determined to cause problems.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 19:05 - May 13 with 769 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 18:55 - May 13 by TheMoog

A ‘high rise’ plan you could say, no?

There is plenty of support. My best mate is a deputy head at a Hampshire school and his wife is a year head and they are both behind it and getting on with it. The lack of support seems to be from those determined to cause problems.

There is a difference between being cautious and being safety conscious and deliberately causing problems. The teachers I know are not looking to cause problems and just want a safe and manageable return to work.
“Stay Alert” on 19:12 - May 13 with 763 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 19:05 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

There is a difference between being cautious and being safety conscious and deliberately causing problems. The teachers I know are not looking to cause problems and just want a safe and manageable return to work.

Get in there and work one out for that particular school then.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 20:10 - May 13 with 733 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 19:12 - May 13 by TheMoog

Get in there and work one out for that particular school then.

Why me? There are people employed to do that. The unions. How many schools do you think there are in the country with similar issues? Doesn’t it make sense to tackle the issues nationally so that there is an agreed standard to work to? Flying by the seat of your pants might have worked for Johnson’s career so far, but it doesn’t work with national organisations and people’s lives.
“Stay Alert” on 21:03 - May 13 with 715 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 20:10 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

Why me? There are people employed to do that. The unions. How many schools do you think there are in the country with similar issues? Doesn’t it make sense to tackle the issues nationally so that there is an agreed standard to work to? Flying by the seat of your pants might have worked for Johnson’s career so far, but it doesn’t work with national organisations and people’s lives.

Not you, the teachers.

But the unions are telling them not to.

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 22:02 - May 13 with 692 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 21:03 - May 13 by TheMoog

Not you, the teachers.

But the unions are telling them not to.

There is an article in The Guardian today which explains the position which you should read. Sorry, I tried to copy the link but it didn’t work.
“Stay Alert” on 22:30 - May 13 with 681 viewsTheMoog

“Stay Alert” on 22:02 - May 13 by Sadoldgit

There is an article in The Guardian today which explains the position which you should read. Sorry, I tried to copy the link but it didn’t work.

Ell oh ell

Standby to standby

“Stay Alert” on 11:22 - May 14 with 647 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 22:30 - May 13 by TheMoog

Ell oh ell

You could always find it yourself, or read this instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-52650259
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024