Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing teachers 10:02 - May 14 with 13040 viewsOccasional_Showers

Whilst our wonderful NHS have shown what a credit they are to themselves and the nation, teachers are yet again giving a great example to children of how not to behave in a crisis. Excuse after excuse not to go work, just like when they shut schools at the merest hint of snow.

How about making Friday boo the teachers night?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 22:07 - May 17 with 752 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 21:57 - May 17 by Messysaints

Let me guess, draw squares on the floor for break? Teachers in full ppe while kids in none? ( making them feel valued ofc) not aloud to touch other kids?

If you ask me, it's better for my child's mental health to not be made to feel like she is inferior to adults, cause she isn't, then afterwards, after school, she will be even more upset, she will have attended school to see her friends to find out she can't go near them or talk to them ( can't have a classroom full of shouting kids now can we?)

Now I also have to explain that even though she is fine to go school, she still can't see her grandparents or great grand parent, or still go out and play, cause she needs to protect others, but her life is OK to risk? No way... Lol...

She can’t see her grandparents because this disease is dangerous for older people but not for your daughter. It’s not rocket science to understand that, is it?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 22:25 - May 17 with 727 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 21:42 - May 17 by Bicester_North

What I mean is, it’s easy to post a link to somebody else’s opinion to suit your own agenda. Whatever you believe about this virus you can find an online article to suit your opinion. Why not state your case and your reasons for your opinion, rather than just getting someone paid by a newspaper to think for you?
The simple answer is, no fücker knows so we just have to make small steps and see what happens.
I know schools who have already got a plan and logistics in place that the parents are happy (as they can be) with, and are going to try it, because the head teachers and staff are good thinkers and proactive.
Just lazily copying and pasting links and believing somebody else just because a media outlet pays them (or even worse, from some prick on social media), is typical of too many people in the UK today.

I just looked at your history,you've posted numerous links.
So don't try that one.
Booing teachers on 22:32 - May 17 with 717 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 22:25 - May 17 by grumpy

I just looked at your history,you've posted numerous links.
So don't try that one.

Have you? Not got anything better to do? I posted one about a factual matter yesterday, in order to dispel someone putting something inaccurate on here, and might post a link very occasionally to actual news stories, but not just copying somebody else’s opinion with no input of my own. It’s lazy, and shows an inability to think for yourself. Saint22 does it every day.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Booing teachers on 22:36 - May 17 with 712 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 22:32 - May 17 by Bicester_North

Have you? Not got anything better to do? I posted one about a factual matter yesterday, in order to dispel someone putting something inaccurate on here, and might post a link very occasionally to actual news stories, but not just copying somebody else’s opinion with no input of my own. It’s lazy, and shows an inability to think for yourself. Saint22 does it every day.

Posing links from Twitter says enough for me.
Booing teachers on 22:38 - May 17 with 709 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 22:36 - May 17 by grumpy

Posing links from Twitter says enough for me.

What, to James Maddison acting a dick? What does that say to you?

Booing teachers on 22:49 - May 17 with 691 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 22:38 - May 17 by Bicester_North

What, to James Maddison acting a dick? What does that say to you?

How about links from the Sun....
Booing teachers on 22:52 - May 17 with 688 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 22:49 - May 17 by grumpy

What was that one about stalker?

Booing teachers on 23:18 - May 17 with 670 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 22:49 - May 17 by grumpy

Looks like you’ve dipped off. Scouring my post history got boring in the end?

Login to get fewer ads

Booing teachers on 23:51 - May 17 with 647 viewsMessysaints

Booing teachers on 22:05 - May 17 by Bicester_North

Up to you, as the schools have said. Not that difficult to explain to a kid that old people are the ones who get it far worse. So far based on UK death figures children under 15 have a 1 in 5.3 million chance of dying from the virus, so about the same as dying in a plane crash.
You never took your child on a plane either?
The new inflammatory Illness is more of a concern though.

Why does it need to be about the deaths? What about the long term complications of catching it? The long term damage it Will do to your kids lungs? What if your child is in that 10% have an under 5 brother or sister? Great if you other child passes it to your under 5 he/ she has a huge 60% chance of ending up in intensive care...

Its not all about the deaths... Just cause not all die does not mean it isn't harmless nor are kids immune from being contagious either which is why they are still not aloud to go see grandparents.

Would I knowingly put my child ay risk? Knowing that my child knows I have put them at risk? If they get seriously ill, who will they blame? Won't be bojo bagins at number 10 it will be you.
Booing teachers on 23:54 - May 17 with 641 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 23:51 - May 17 by Messysaints

Why does it need to be about the deaths? What about the long term complications of catching it? The long term damage it Will do to your kids lungs? What if your child is in that 10% have an under 5 brother or sister? Great if you other child passes it to your under 5 he/ she has a huge 60% chance of ending up in intensive care...

Its not all about the deaths... Just cause not all die does not mean it isn't harmless nor are kids immune from being contagious either which is why they are still not aloud to go see grandparents.

Would I knowingly put my child ay risk? Knowing that my child knows I have put them at risk? If they get seriously ill, who will they blame? Won't be bojo bagins at number 10 it will be you.

So until they have a vaccine you’ll be keeping your kid(s) off school then, fair enough, your shout.
I think the long term educational and social impact of that on their lives will be huge, even for a year off.
And what’s this about under 5’s who get it have a 60% chance of intensive care?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 23:57]

Booing teachers on 00:05 - May 18 with 630 viewsMessysaints

Booing teachers on 23:54 - May 17 by Bicester_North

So until they have a vaccine you’ll be keeping your kid(s) off school then, fair enough, your shout.
I think the long term educational and social impact of that on their lives will be huge, even for a year off.
And what’s this about under 5’s who get it have a 60% chance of intensive care?
[Post edited 17 May 2020 23:57]

Home schooling? Not heard of it? My kids social needs are fineiving in a house with all her family. My child gets to see her grandparents everyday atm, don't think she will jump at the chance of school over them, it will do my child more harm than good sending her to school, she also has a phone and an ipad who she already before the virus came alone speak to her most treasured friends she also plays games online with them, belive me. My child is not technology restrained, it's not the dark ages. But I do not sit her friends In front of her and force her to stay in her little box taking away her freedom of being able to run about at break time or play a game or do something other than sit in a god dam 2x2 metre box, let me repeat they will be FORCED to sit in these all around school all day every day, like some animal... No thank you. Home schooling it is then.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 0:06]
Booing teachers on 00:06 - May 18 with 621 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 00:05 - May 18 by Messysaints

Home schooling? Not heard of it? My kids social needs are fineiving in a house with all her family. My child gets to see her grandparents everyday atm, don't think she will jump at the chance of school over them, it will do my child more harm than good sending her to school, she also has a phone and an ipad who she already before the virus came alone speak to her most treasured friends she also plays games online with them, belive me. My child is not technology restrained, it's not the dark ages. But I do not sit her friends In front of her and force her to stay in her little box taking away her freedom of being able to run about at break time or play a game or do something other than sit in a god dam 2x2 metre box, let me repeat they will be FORCED to sit in these all around school all day every day, like some animal... No thank you. Home schooling it is then.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 0:06]

Ok hope it goes well. but what’s that 60% intensive care figure?

Booing teachers on 00:08 - May 18 with 618 viewsMessysaints

Booing teachers on 00:06 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Ok hope it goes well. but what’s that 60% intensive care figure?

Under 5s all way to infants, of confirmed cases 60% needed to go intensive care, remember, ktoddlers and infants have very little immune system
Booing teachers on 00:25 - May 18 with 591 viewsSaintsforeverj

This thread basically sums up why opening schools is so much more complicated than opening a supermarket. So we open schools just for select year groups (which in itself suggests there are concerns about the spread of the virus), teachers go in to teach their classes, only for 50 per cent or in some classes 10 per cent perhaps of children turn up. Do the teachers still send work home for those who don't come in? How will the children being sent into school feel about their brother, sister, friends, who don't have to go in? How do schools run, not knowing which kids will be coming in from one day to the next?

So all the kids sit on their own at desks, 5 year olds who normally learn by play using various objects now just sit at a desk on their own without anything apart from a pen, teachers try to teach with a mask around their mouth, at break time the kids sit in a box on the playground and don't talk to their friends. Does this sound right or realistic?

I understand that this virus is here to stay until a vaccine is found and yes, we just have to take the risk or sit in our homes for years. But you know if my kids bring home the virus to me or my wife and we get ill, then that needs to be avoided. There are genuine concerns I think.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 0:41]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Booing teachers on 00:26 - May 18 with 590 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 00:08 - May 18 by Messysaints

Under 5s all way to infants, of confirmed cases 60% needed to go intensive care, remember, ktoddlers and infants have very little immune system

I’ve never seen that stat before. Where was it reported? Is there any influence on that from underlying health conditions?

Booing teachers on 04:56 - May 18 with 575 viewsRednWight

I see Elton. Westminster college, Harrow etc. have all announced they will remain closed until at least September
Are their teachers all lazy lefties ? Or are their pupils special in some way ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Booing teachers on 06:07 - May 18 with 564 viewsJaySaint

Just read that they are still providing a full service to their pupils

Whilst 700,000 kids from state state schools have had no work given to them during lockdown.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 06:35 - May 18 with 559 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 00:08 - May 18 by Messysaints

Well that's an outright lie mush and another example of the irrational fear that some have.

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 06:44 - May 18 with 551 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 06:07 - May 18 by JaySaint

Whilst 700,000 kids from state state schools have had no work given to them during lockdown.

700,000 kids that don't have any work at all set for them each day because teachers are 'embarrassed' ( lazy ) about teaching online. A similar number only have 1 item of work set a day.

Interesting that Dr Hilary Jones is telling people he would send his kids to school, as would every single one of his medical professional friends who he asked over the weekend.

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 08:02 - May 18 with 519 viewsVagina_Dentata

Booing teachers on 06:44 - May 18 by Boris_

700,000 kids that don't have any work at all set for them each day because teachers are 'embarrassed' ( lazy ) about teaching online. A similar number only have 1 item of work set a day.

Interesting that Dr Hilary Jones is telling people he would send his kids to school, as would every single one of his medical professional friends who he asked over the weekend.

If true, it is a very worrying figure. I think the comment from the head about being embarrassed was needless, untrue and only serves to stoke up more divisive rhetoric. You’re the head - tell your staff to teach video lessons if that’s what you want. I think there will need to be investigations following this as to how a small percentage of children were allowed to be left behind.

But this also shows that the majority of schools and teachers are still working. Either video lessons, or planning, setting, marking, phoning, teaching through instant messenger etc.

I guarantee you that most schools will be actively looking at how they can return on 1st June, despite what the unions are saying. I know for a fact our local cluster is.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Booing teachers on 08:12 - May 18 with 514 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 23:18 - May 17 by Bicester_North

Looks like you’ve dipped off. Scouring my post history got boring in the end?

No,I have seen enough thanks to tell me what I wanted to know.
I have other things to do,thanks,especially that time of night.
Back to the point in question,when is it safe to send kids back to school?
A lot of it is down to preparation and consolidation which seems sadly lacking.
My Daughter is a teacher and yes she has been working and she says the preparation of organising small children for return to school is ridiculous.
The kids break up in a few weeks time for summer holidays,why not send them back then,as Italy,Spain and Ireland are doing?
Booing teachers on 10:04 - May 18 with 477 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 08:02 - May 18 by Vagina_Dentata

If true, it is a very worrying figure. I think the comment from the head about being embarrassed was needless, untrue and only serves to stoke up more divisive rhetoric. You’re the head - tell your staff to teach video lessons if that’s what you want. I think there will need to be investigations following this as to how a small percentage of children were allowed to be left behind.

But this also shows that the majority of schools and teachers are still working. Either video lessons, or planning, setting, marking, phoning, teaching through instant messenger etc.

I guarantee you that most schools will be actively looking at how they can return on 1st June, despite what the unions are saying. I know for a fact our local cluster is.

Reading further on this that the main cheer leader at the teachers union, was quoted at a Labour Party Conf (18 months ago) saying 'if one child leaves school and goes on to vote Tory, the education system has failed'

Also, the same people who want Eton et al abolished. These schools are making their content free so to fill the gap where teachers are not bothering and remain 'scared' at home (on full pay).

even the lady on TV today representing Teachers Union, is a fully paid up Momentum activist. FML!
[Post edited 18 May 2020 10:36]

Booing teachers on 10:41 - May 18 with 458 viewsRednWight

Booing teachers on 06:07 - May 18 by JaySaint

All my grandchildren have had schoolwork even online or delivered and collected by teacher

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Booing teachers on 10:42 - May 18 with 453 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 10:41 - May 18 by RednWight

All my grandchildren have had schoolwork even online or delivered and collected by teacher

Im alright Jack.

Nice

Booing teachers on 10:45 - May 18 with 451 viewsBison

Booing teachers on 10:41 - May 18 by RednWight

Mine have had Dominoes and Chicken Chow Mein delivered.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024