Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing teachers 10:02 - May 14 with 12565 viewsOccasional_Showers

Whilst our wonderful NHS have shown what a credit they are to themselves and the nation, teachers are yet again giving a great example to children of how not to behave in a crisis. Excuse after excuse not to go work, just like when they shut schools at the merest hint of snow.

How about making Friday boo the teachers night?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 10:58 - May 18 with 1021 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 08:12 - May 18 by grumpy

No,I have seen enough thanks to tell me what I wanted to know.
I have other things to do,thanks,especially that time of night.
Back to the point in question,when is it safe to send kids back to school?
A lot of it is down to preparation and consolidation which seems sadly lacking.
My Daughter is a teacher and yes she has been working and she says the preparation of organising small children for return to school is ridiculous.
The kids break up in a few weeks time for summer holidays,why not send them back then,as Italy,Spain and Ireland are doing?

Obviously you don’t have other things to do, otherwise You wouldn’t be wading your way through all my previous posts.
Yes it is very hard work preparing and organising but schools are managing to do it.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Booing teachers on 11:19 - May 18 with 1002 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 10:58 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Obviously you don’t have other things to do, otherwise You wouldn’t be wading your way through all my previous posts.
Yes it is very hard work preparing and organising but schools are managing to do it.

Obviously!How long do think it takes to do that?Talk about people in glass houses.....
The Schools are NOT managing to do it,I was only talking with my daughter yesterday and they are not.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 11:21]
Booing teachers on 12:05 - May 18 with 981 viewsBison

Booing teachers on 11:19 - May 18 by grumpy

Obviously!How long do think it takes to do that?Talk about people in glass houses.....
The Schools are NOT managing to do it,I was only talking with my daughter yesterday and they are not.

My wife's school are managing , yes there is a degree of uncertainty but they are managing . I guess some are coping better then others.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Booing teachers on 12:10 - May 18 with 974 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 12:05 - May 18 by Bison

My wife's school are managing , yes there is a degree of uncertainty but they are managing . I guess some are coping better then others.

Yes you’re probably right there.
Booing teachers on 12:25 - May 18 with 953 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 11:19 - May 18 by grumpy

People in glass houses would mean I’ve been scouring through your posts, which I’m not bored enough to do.
Yes plenty of schools are, by the sounds of it some are not.

Booing teachers on 13:13 - May 18 with 922 viewsSadoldgit

You have got to admire how some internet keyboard warrior WUM’s feel they can make a call on thousands of other people’s lives. Fortunately it is not their place to make a decision that will effect hundreds of thousands of pupils and teachers wellbeing. I suggest those who call teachers lazy go and get a job as a teacher, do it for a year and then report back to us. It won’t happen of course because teachers care about others and the people here calling them lazy are only concerned about themselves. “Normal” people are told they should go back to work only if it is safe to do so and they can’t work from home. Why should teachers be any different? Also why aren’t the government making available the scientific evidence on which they are basing their assertion that it is safe for pupils and teachers to go back? Surely if it is that solid they would be happy to publish it?
Booing teachers on 14:29 - May 18 with 907 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 13:13 - May 18 by Sadoldgit

You have got to admire how some internet keyboard warrior WUM’s feel they can make a call on thousands of other people’s lives. Fortunately it is not their place to make a decision that will effect hundreds of thousands of pupils and teachers wellbeing. I suggest those who call teachers lazy go and get a job as a teacher, do it for a year and then report back to us. It won’t happen of course because teachers care about others and the people here calling them lazy are only concerned about themselves. “Normal” people are told they should go back to work only if it is safe to do so and they can’t work from home. Why should teachers be any different? Also why aren’t the government making available the scientific evidence on which they are basing their assertion that it is safe for pupils and teachers to go back? Surely if it is that solid they would be happy to publish it?

700,000 pupils have not been set any work whatsoever by their teachers. A further half a million pupils get only 1 piece of work to do a day.

So there is 1.3 million kids whose teachers can't be arsed to educate their pupils or come up with the ridiculous comments about being 'embarrassed' to teach online. Are you honestly still going to try and defend those?

I have never said that all teachers are lazy. The ones who are in the job for the right reasons I have no doubt work very hard and long hours - there appears to be a growing group of lazy arsed teachers though who will come up with any excuse not to do work however and most definitely don't want to put themselves even at a very slight risk for the good of the country.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:32]

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 15:21 - May 18 with 873 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 14:29 - May 18 by Boris_

700,000 pupils have not been set any work whatsoever by their teachers. A further half a million pupils get only 1 piece of work to do a day.

So there is 1.3 million kids whose teachers can't be arsed to educate their pupils or come up with the ridiculous comments about being 'embarrassed' to teach online. Are you honestly still going to try and defend those?

I have never said that all teachers are lazy. The ones who are in the job for the right reasons I have no doubt work very hard and long hours - there appears to be a growing group of lazy arsed teachers though who will come up with any excuse not to do work however and most definitely don't want to put themselves even at a very slight risk for the good of the country.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 14:32]

How do you know? The Daily Mail? As I said, the people who need to make this decision are the teachers (via their unions) and the government. You are perfectly entitled to your view, but both you and OS seems to be vying for a place on the government’s front bench and from your posts here you are both well suited to the role.
Login to get fewer ads

Booing teachers on 15:23 - May 18 with 877 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 15:21 - May 18 by Sadoldgit

How do you know? The Daily Mail? As I said, the people who need to make this decision are the teachers (via their unions) and the government. You are perfectly entitled to your view, but both you and OS seems to be vying for a place on the government’s front bench and from your posts here you are both well suited to the role.

"how do you know?"
One of the teachers union reps admitted as such on the radio this morning.

Put it down to a 'number of things' and then went on to say the country is trying to kill teachers!

So no, not from the Daily Mail at all.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 15:28]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 15:55 - May 18 with 851 viewsSadoldgit

Here’s a thought. By the law of averages some NHS workers are probably workshy and lazy. Should we stop clapping for them all ever week. If the general consensus was it was safe for pupils and teachers to go back and they still refused, you might gave a point. I don’t see that consensus, in fact 3/4 of the Union don’t think schools should be going back now so how that translates into teachers being workshy and lazy I guess that is only a conclusion that someone from the right could come up with. If they went back and your child’s teacher, or worst still, your child caught the virus and died, do you think the risk would have been worth it?
Booing teachers on 16:02 - May 18 with 854 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 15:55 - May 18 by Sadoldgit

Here’s a thought. By the law of averages some NHS workers are probably workshy and lazy. Should we stop clapping for them all ever week. If the general consensus was it was safe for pupils and teachers to go back and they still refused, you might gave a point. I don’t see that consensus, in fact 3/4 of the Union don’t think schools should be going back now so how that translates into teachers being workshy and lazy I guess that is only a conclusion that someone from the right could come up with. If they went back and your child’s teacher, or worst still, your child caught the virus and died, do you think the risk would have been worth it?

The chances of a healthy child catching the virus and dying is currently 1 in 5 million. Far more chance of getting run over on the way to school than dying of Covid 19.

Dr Hilary Jones this morning said both he and every single one of the health professionals that he spoke to over the weekend would send their kids back to school tomorrow if they were open.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 16:03]

Booing teachers on 16:46 - May 18 with 826 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 16:02 - May 18 by Boris_

The chances of a healthy child catching the virus and dying is currently 1 in 5 million. Far more chance of getting run over on the way to school than dying of Covid 19.

Dr Hilary Jones this morning said both he and every single one of the health professionals that he spoke to over the weekend would send their kids back to school tomorrow if they were open.
[Post edited 18 May 2020 16:03]

You keep saying this yet perfectly healthy children have caught the virus and died and others have died or become very sick from variants of the virus. We still do not know to what extent children pass on the virus. If what Dr Hilary says is true, then the government should have no problem on presenting the irrefutable evidence to the teachers unions and they will all be back in no time - no doubt followed by N Ireland, Wales and Scotland.
Booing teachers on 17:32 - May 18 with 811 viewsWaylander

2 children under 15 in England and Wales have died from Covid19 https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-what-are-the-coronavirus-risks
Booing teachers on 18:23 - May 18 with 788 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 17:32 - May 18 by Waylander

2 children under 15 in England and Wales have died from Covid19 https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-what-are-the-coronavirus-risks

And during this time many more from disadvantaged backgrounds will have experienced or witnessed horrendous abuse, and even in some instances died at the hands of adults supposedly caring for them.
I know this happens with or without covid 19 but widespread reports of it increasing heavily in the lockdown.

Booing teachers on 18:41 - May 18 with 781 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 18:23 - May 18 by Bicester_North

And during this time many more from disadvantaged backgrounds will have experienced or witnessed horrendous abuse, and even in some instances died at the hands of adults supposedly caring for them.
I know this happens with or without covid 19 but widespread reports of it increasing heavily in the lockdown.

Yep, then add in households who are unable to return to work due to schools being closed who will ultimately end up without a job and little prospect of employment for potentially years, causing deaths from mental health and poverty.

Booing teachers on 19:14 - May 18 with 759 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 12:25 - May 18 by Bicester_North

People in glass houses would mean I’ve been scouring through your posts, which I’m not bored enough to do.
Yes plenty of schools are, by the sounds of it some are not.

Hilarious,you follow people like Saint22 making snide remarks all the time.Not bored enough to do that are you?
Booing teachers on 19:32 - May 18 with 745 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 19:14 - May 18 by grumpy

Hilarious,you follow people like Saint22 making snide remarks all the time.Not bored enough to do that are you?

Seems like you’re having a little cry, don’t worry. Yes I find it amusing to weed out lying degenerates. They undermine the fabric of our society, and should never get a pass to spout their bollocks on public platforms.

Booing teachers on 19:59 - May 18 with 726 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 19:32 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Seems like you’re having a little cry, don’t worry. Yes I find it amusing to weed out lying degenerates. They undermine the fabric of our society, and should never get a pass to spout their bollocks on public platforms.

‘Little Cry’😂 I doubt you could make a baby cry,yet another trying to be tough behind their keyboard.
Booing teachers on 20:05 - May 18 with 720 viewsBicester_North

Booing teachers on 19:59 - May 18 by grumpy

‘Little Cry’😂 I doubt you could make a baby cry,yet another trying to be tough behind their keyboard.

Hope you feel better now you’ve got it out of your system.

Booing teachers on 20:12 - May 18 with 717 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 20:05 - May 18 by Bicester_North

Hope you feel better now you’ve got it out of your system.

You’re just being childish now.
Booing teachers on 23:57 - May 18 with 667 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-france-close-s

Many schools in France closing again.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Booing teachers on 04:43 - May 19 with 634 viewsOccasional_Showers

When it comes to austerity I hope the government remember the teachers and put them top of the list.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 08:05 - May 19 with 600 viewssolent_toffee

Booing teachers on 04:43 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

When it comes to austerity I hope the government remember the teachers and put them top of the list.

*wakes up, has a shower, gets dressed, has breakfast, makes butties for the services.....

Right then, what utter nonsense can I post of TUI that might get a response when I check in at the M1 later.....

What a winner....
Booing teachers on 08:13 - May 19 with 593 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 23:57 - May 18 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-france-close-s

Many schools in France closing again.

Few things to take from that article you just shared which proves the irrational fear some have which I've been highlighting...

a) There is nothing to say the 70 cases was pupils or teachers and nothing to state whether it was spread in school.

b) The incubation period is generally 7-14 days. Considering schools have only been open for 7 days, it's almost certain that none of the 70 cases caught the virus in school.

c) 7 ( SEVEN ) schools in the entire country are closed. I imagine that's less than 0.01% of schools in France. I wouldn't call that 'many'.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:13]

Booing teachers on 09:49 - May 19 with 551 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 04:43 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

When it comes to booing perhaps top of the list should be self centred people who post tosh to get a rise on social media platforms?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024