Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing teachers 10:02 - May 14 with 12997 viewsOccasional_Showers

Whilst our wonderful NHS have shown what a credit they are to themselves and the nation, teachers are yet again giving a great example to children of how not to behave in a crisis. Excuse after excuse not to go work, just like when they shut schools at the merest hint of snow.

How about making Friday boo the teachers night?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 10:40 - May 19 with 928 viewshedgeend61

Booing teachers on 04:43 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

When it comes to austerity I hope the government remember the teachers and put them top of the list.

4.43am Dribble Alert, Dribble Alert.

I set the alarm now for 3am these days, don't want others to see this dribble before me.

Keep dribbling

https://tenor.com/view/drooling-omg-yes-yum-gif-15243040
Booing teachers on 11:10 - May 19 with 904 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 08:13 - May 19 by Boris_

Few things to take from that article you just shared which proves the irrational fear some have which I've been highlighting...

a) There is nothing to say the 70 cases was pupils or teachers and nothing to state whether it was spread in school.

b) The incubation period is generally 7-14 days. Considering schools have only been open for 7 days, it's almost certain that none of the 70 cases caught the virus in school.

c) 7 ( SEVEN ) schools in the entire country are closed. I imagine that's less than 0.01% of schools in France. I wouldn't call that 'many'.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 8:13]

Serious question. Why are you so desperate for the schools to go back? Do you have some kind of financial incentive? I assume you will also continue in your internet campaign to get Eton etc. opened too?
Booing teachers on 11:50 - May 19 with 893 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 11:10 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

Serious question. Why are you so desperate for the schools to go back? Do you have some kind of financial incentive? I assume you will also continue in your internet campaign to get Eton etc. opened too?

Eton are providing a full teaching platform. Also, they are private.

700,000 state school kids have not received ANY work from their teachers since their school has shut. Many more have received only 1 item of work in that time.
Schools like Eton are making their content free to the rest of the community, to fill a huge gap left behind by 'teachers'

Why is that?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 11:56 - May 19 with 880 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 10:40 - May 19 by hedgeend61

4.43am Dribble Alert, Dribble Alert.

I set the alarm now for 3am these days, don't want others to see this dribble before me.

Keep dribbling

https://tenor.com/view/drooling-omg-yes-yum-gif-15243040

Any betting tips from the professional gambler who likes everyone to think he doesn't lose to the bookies like everyone else?

Booing teachers on 11:57 - May 19 with 876 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 09:49 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

When it comes to booing perhaps top of the list should be self centred people who post tosh to get a rise on social media platforms?

Well said nutty.

Booing teachers on 12:12 - May 19 with 867 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 11:10 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

On the contrary, my BUSINESS is all on YouTube so I am much better off with kids sat at home with no work issued from their lazy teachers, meaning they spend their day watching YouTube and social media. We've just had our record 2 months thanks to workshy teachers.

It's called being rational and sensible. Why are you so desperate for the virus to be much more serious for kids than it is? Do you want more child deaths to prove your point? That's a little bit sick.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 12:15]

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 12:27 - May 19 with 854 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 12:12 - May 19 by Boris_

On the contrary, my BUSINESS is all on YouTube so I am much better off with kids sat at home with no work issued from their lazy teachers, meaning they spend their day watching YouTube and social media. We've just had our record 2 months thanks to workshy teachers.

It's called being rational and sensible. Why are you so desperate for the virus to be much more serious for kids than it is? Do you want more child deaths to prove your point? That's a little bit sick.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 12:15]

What is sick is labelling all teachers as workshy and lazy. It wasn’t the teachers who closed down schools in the first place, it was the government that you support so rabidly. No one with an ounce if decency can blame teachers, parents and pupils for not wanting to go back until a certain level of safe conduct can be agreed. Both you and OS are either deeply unpleasant human beings or are WUMs.
Booing teachers on 12:36 - May 19 with 849 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 12:27 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

What is sick is labelling all teachers as workshy and lazy. It wasn’t the teachers who closed down schools in the first place, it was the government that you support so rabidly. No one with an ounce if decency can blame teachers, parents and pupils for not wanting to go back until a certain level of safe conduct can be agreed. Both you and OS are either deeply unpleasant human beings or are WUMs.

700,000 kids have had no work set by their teachers since schools were shut.

Another 500,000 only get 1 bit of work a day from their teacher.

Why not address that? I've said multiple times that my opinion is not a generic 'all teachers are workshy' however the teachers of those 1.2 million kids most definitely are.

Login to get fewer ads

Booing teachers on 13:15 - May 19 with 828 viewshedgeend61

Booing teachers on 11:56 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

Any betting tips from the professional gambler who likes everyone to think he doesn't lose to the bookies like everyone else?

Don't see what that's got go do with being a dribbler really, and given up trying to help mugs like you,

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/147189/1901139/are-you-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/120123/get-yourselves-u

About 4.5k profit just from these two (97pts profit) for £620, + put up half a dozen rugby handicaps where you could bet both outcomes for guaranteed winnings of 10%-30% on your stake with no risk of losing. Best was a Wales rugby game over 3.5 Wales tries 13/8, under 3.5 8/5, £1000 on each returned either £625 profit or £600, 31% and no risk whatever happened.

Would bet you £100 if you want to trawl though my betting threads (go on you've got the time, I haven't) and don't find at least 100% profit, (double your dough), but you'd lose.
Give £100 to charity of your choice if proved wrong.
Booing teachers on 13:55 - May 19 with 802 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 12:36 - May 19 by Boris_

Why not address that? I've said multiple times that my opinion is not a generic 'all teachers are workshy' however the teachers of those 1.2 million kids most definitely are.

If that is the case do you know exactly why they have had no work set? Do you know for sure that the teachers haven’t been carrying out other duties? You are the one with your knickers in a twist about teachers not me. I don’t need to prove or disprove anything. I just think you are someone who seems to think he knows more about this virus and how it should be handled in schools than professional experts so perhaps you need to toodle off, stop wasting your time on an Internet football forum and go and share your valuable expertise with the government and the teachers unions.
Booing teachers on 14:00 - May 19 with 796 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 13:55 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

If that is the case do you know exactly why they have had no work set? Do you know for sure that the teachers haven’t been carrying out other duties? You are the one with your knickers in a twist about teachers not me. I don’t need to prove or disprove anything. I just think you are someone who seems to think he knows more about this virus and how it should be handled in schools than professional experts so perhaps you need to toodle off, stop wasting your time on an Internet football forum and go and share your valuable expertise with the government and the teachers unions.

what other duties should a teacher be carrying out at the expense of providing 1 single piece of work per student each day (at least)

Just curious what you think what could be more important.

Booing teachers on 14:01 - May 19 with 796 viewsVagina_Dentata

Booing teachers on 12:36 - May 19 by Boris_

Those children represent around 10% nationwide across primary and secondary. I would agree that any number is too high. But this does also show that around 90% are being provided for; so the vast majority of teachers are doing right for their children.

I’m not casting aspersions on the veracity of the report nor the reporting there of, but I can only find it on the mail online and they don’t seem to really reference their source. I would be interested to read the full survey and report.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Booing teachers on 14:05 - May 19 with 789 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 14:01 - May 19 by Vagina_Dentata

Those children represent around 10% nationwide across primary and secondary. I would agree that any number is too high. But this does also show that around 90% are being provided for; so the vast majority of teachers are doing right for their children.

I’m not casting aspersions on the veracity of the report nor the reporting there of, but I can only find it on the mail online and they don’t seem to really reference their source. I would be interested to read the full survey and report.

It was admitted to be fairly accurate by a Union Rep on the radio yesterday morning.

he put it down to 'various reasons' or what ever it was he said. Before, ranting about how the Tory's want to kill teachers

like most at that level, probably a momentum lunatic

Booing teachers on 14:07 - May 19 with 787 viewsWaylander

The NEU - one of the major teaching unions - has instructed its members to not provide online lessons for their pupils.
Booing teachers on 14:08 - May 19 with 784 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 14:07 - May 19 by Waylander

The NEU - one of the major teaching unions - has instructed its members to not provide online lessons for their pupils.

probably busy doing "other duties"

got 6 week holiday to plan for!

Booing teachers on 14:21 - May 19 with 772 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 14:01 - May 19 by Vagina_Dentata

The Mail is going after the teachers which is not really surprising. Funny that they don’t seem as bothered about MPs returning to Parliament though. Workshy and lazy?
Booing teachers on 14:29 - May 19 with 763 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 14:21 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

The Mail is going after the teachers which is not really surprising. Funny that they don’t seem as bothered about MPs returning to Parliament though. Workshy and lazy?

I see that the Unions have instructed teachers not to mark homework when schools go back to avoid the spread of the virus.

With that rationale, I guess we should also ensure that supermarket workers don't stack shelves with new stock too?

Better get panic buying again!
[Post edited 19 May 2020 14:30]

Booing teachers on 14:39 - May 19 with 751 viewsJaySaint

posties should stop delivering
supermarket shelves should not be stacked
criminals should not be arrested
Buses should not be driven
C19 tests should not be conducted

Booing teachers on 14:40 - May 19 with 750 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 13:15 - May 19 by hedgeend61

Don't see what that's got go do with being a dribbler really, and given up trying to help mugs like you,

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/147189/1901139/are-you-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/120123/get-yourselves-u

About 4.5k profit just from these two (97pts profit) for £620, + put up half a dozen rugby handicaps where you could bet both outcomes for guaranteed winnings of 10%-30% on your stake with no risk of losing. Best was a Wales rugby game over 3.5 Wales tries 13/8, under 3.5 8/5, £1000 on each returned either £625 profit or £600, 31% and no risk whatever happened.

Would bet you £100 if you want to trawl though my betting threads (go on you've got the time, I haven't) and don't find at least 100% profit, (double your dough), but you'd lose.
Give £100 to charity of your choice if proved wrong.

Everyone has a win. Picking out a 50-1 on bet isnt exactly difficult.

Booing teachers on 14:51 - May 19 with 735 viewsVagina_Dentata

Booing teachers on 14:05 - May 19 by JaySaint

It was admitted to be fairly accurate by a Union Rep on the radio yesterday morning.

he put it down to 'various reasons' or what ever it was he said. Before, ranting about how the Tory's want to kill teachers

like most at that level, probably a momentum lunatic

Thank you. Once I am home after teaching our vulnerable and key worker kids in school whilst also setting and marking and giving pastoral care to those at home I will have deeper look for it. A quick google search only yielded the mail online article.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Booing teachers on 14:51 - May 19 with 735 viewsSadoldgit

On some threads it’s like siting in on a Daily Mail editorial meeting. As I have said before, take your points up with the teacher’s unions and the parents who don’t want to send their children back to school yet. Perhaps you should attend future teacher’s union conferences as well and explain to them why you think they are workshy and lazy.
Booing teachers on 14:57 - May 19 with 729 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 14:51 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

On some threads it’s like siting in on a Daily Mail editorial meeting. As I have said before, take your points up with the teacher’s unions and the parents who don’t want to send their children back to school yet. Perhaps you should attend future teacher’s union conferences as well and explain to them why you think they are workshy and lazy.

What 'other duties' do you believe teachers were doing at the disadvantage to 700,000 kids?

not trying to catch you out, just curious what you think could be happening?

Booing teachers on 15:01 - May 19 with 724 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 14:57 - May 19 by JaySaint

What 'other duties' do you believe teachers were doing at the disadvantage to 700,000 kids?

not trying to catch you out, just curious what you think could be happening?

I have no idea other than I know that they had more than one job. If you are that bothered about it perhaps you should research their duties a bit more. Or have you just given up at workshy and lazy because that is what the Daily Mail tells me?
Booing teachers on 15:02 - May 19 with 722 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 15:01 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

I have no idea other than I know that they had more than one job. If you are that bothered about it perhaps you should research their duties a bit more. Or have you just given up at workshy and lazy because that is what the Daily Mail tells me?

what other jobs?

what other jobs could they be doing at the expense of their student?

I can't find a thing online that highlights what teachers should be doing over and above teaching.

If you don't know, it is ok to say. I am genuinely interested given my view on this issue

Booing teachers on 15:07 - May 19 with 712 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 15:01 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

Why do they have more than one job? I thought they didn't have time to do anything other than teach, let alone get a second income elsewhere?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024