Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing teachers 10:02 - May 14 with 12570 viewsOccasional_Showers

Whilst our wonderful NHS have shown what a credit they are to themselves and the nation, teachers are yet again giving a great example to children of how not to behave in a crisis. Excuse after excuse not to go work, just like when they shut schools at the merest hint of snow.

How about making Friday boo the teachers night?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 15:35 - May 19 with 690 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 15:07 - May 19 by Boris_

Why do they have more than one job? I thought they didn't have time to do anything other than teach, let alone get a second income elsewhere?

More than one job as in not just setting work.
Booing teachers on 16:21 - May 19 with 671 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 15:35 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

More than one job as in not just setting work.

I would say a teachers job is to provide an education. I'm not sure what else they could be doing at home that doesn't involve providing an education?

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 16:24 - May 19 with 667 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 15:02 - May 19 by JaySaint

what other jobs?

what other jobs could they be doing at the expense of their student?

I can't find a thing online that highlights what teachers should be doing over and above teaching.

If you don't know, it is ok to say. I am genuinely interested given my view on this issue

Sadoldgit, any ideas?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 16:39 - May 19 with 653 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 16:21 - May 19 by Boris_

I would say a teachers job is to provide an education. I'm not sure what else they could be doing at home that doesn't involve providing an education?

As I am sure you know, they don’t just set work. You are clearly just being obtuse.
Booing teachers on 17:43 - May 19 with 635 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 16:24 - May 19 by JaySaint

Sadoldgit, any ideas?

None,

Ok, thanks for making stuff up

Booing teachers on 17:59 - May 19 with 625 viewsSaintsforeverj

Booing teachers on 16:21 - May 19 by Boris_

A teacher’s job is to provide an education and teach but whilst not being in school might change things slightly, teachers do a lot more than just teach.

- Ringing parents of difficult children, who aren't doing their work or have hit out or been in a fight.

- Writing incident reports of fights, arguments, accusations etc.

- Supporting unstable families in whatever form.
- Dealing with the mental health of their students - those who self harm, suicidal thoughts, abuse in the home etc etc. This involves supporting those children directly, plus then reporting issues to social services, which involves another set of phone calls and meetings.

- Planning lessons, preparing curriculum, writing an itinerary of resources for September.

- Writing IEP's (look it up) for special needs kids and those who can't speak English.

- Preparing worksheets which are translated into the various languages of the children in the class.
- Preparing and cutting out printed coins for maths lessons.

- Preparing 30 pots with soil in, ready for a science experiment about how seeds grow.

These are the things I have seen the teachers in my family doing, albeit more when schools were open and this list could go on and on. They do many things, other than just teach.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Booing teachers on 18:27 - May 19 with 606 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 17:59 - May 19 by Saintsforeverj

A teacher’s job is to provide an education and teach but whilst not being in school might change things slightly, teachers do a lot more than just teach.

- Ringing parents of difficult children, who aren't doing their work or have hit out or been in a fight.

- Dealing with the mental health of their students - those who self harm, suicidal thoughts, abuse in the home etc etc. This involves supporting those children directly, plus then reporting issues to social services, which involves another set of phone calls and meetings.

- Planning lessons, preparing curriculum, writing an itinerary of resources for September.

- Writing IEP's (look it up) for special needs kids and those who can't speak English.

- Preparing worksheets which are translated into the various languages of the children in the class.

- Preparing 30 pots with soil in, ready for a science experiment about how seeds grow.

These are the things I have seen the teachers in my family doing, albeit more when schools were open and this list could go on and on. They do many things, other than just teach.

That is all correct and fair comments but Mr Old Git is trying to suggest they will be doing other things that they normally wouldn't be doing, which means they can't teach their pupils or even set them generic work.

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 18:38 - May 19 with 596 viewsSaintsforeverj

Booing teachers on 18:27 - May 19 by Boris_

That is all correct and fair comments but Mr Old Git is trying to suggest they will be doing other things that they normally wouldn't be doing, which means they can't teach their pupils or even set them generic work.

Ah ok. The teachers I know are teaching lessons on zoom, plus going in to school on a rota to look after the key workers' children. Those who can't access zoom are having work packs prepared and sent in the post. These worksheets to be sent, are constantly being prepared. They are continuing to ring their students, write reports about them, liase with other agencies, prepare resources, although this is what they normally do, so nothing different but still as busy. The one thing that is helping them, is not having to drive through lots of traffic at 6 in the evening. Saves lots of time.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Booing teachers on 18:45 - May 19 with 588 viewsWaylander

Booing teachers on 18:38 - May 19 by Saintsforeverj

Ah ok. The teachers I know are teaching lessons on zoom, plus going in to school on a rota to look after the key workers' children. Those who can't access zoom are having work packs prepared and sent in the post. These worksheets to be sent, are constantly being prepared. They are continuing to ring their students, write reports about them, liase with other agencies, prepare resources, although this is what they normally do, so nothing different but still as busy. The one thing that is helping them, is not having to drive through lots of traffic at 6 in the evening. Saves lots of time.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 18:41]

Not members of the NEU then?
Booing teachers on 19:00 - May 19 with 581 viewsSaintsforeverj

Booing teachers on 18:45 - May 19 by Waylander

Not members of the NEU then?

I have explained this before, they are members of a union, in case the need arises for legal advice and support (in case of a malicious allegation or whatever) or if they get forced out of their job for not achieving enough high grades for example. But, they do not agree with everything the union says or become a member of one just to be militant. I

In fact, they make their own mind up about what is best for the students in their care. For example, they still call children girls and boys, they still discipline a child when they deserve it and they still make their own decisions. They are certainly not the flower wearing, left winged, wet weekends people say teachers are. They are my family, they are teachers, they work hard and they nothing like what people describe teachers as.
Does that answer your question?
[Post edited 19 May 2020 19:03]

Booing teachers on 19:15 - May 19 with 560 viewsWaylander

A simple "they are members of another union" would have been enough
Booing teachers on 19:18 - May 19 with 559 viewsHappy_Jack

Booing teachers on 17:59 - May 19 by Saintsforeverj

Yes but apart from providing an education, ringing parents of difficult children, writing incident reports, supporting unstable families, dealing with the mental health of students, planning lessons, preparing carriculum, writing IEP's, preparing worksheets, preparing and cutting out printed coins and preparing 30 pots with soil in ready for a science experiment what have the teachers ever done for us?

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Booing teachers on 19:18 - May 19 with 559 viewsSaintsforeverj

Booing teachers on 19:15 - May 19 by Waylander

A simple "they are members of another union" would have been enough

No, they are members of the NEU and they make their own decisions, they don't just follow what the union says.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 19:19]

Booing teachers on 19:23 - May 19 with 549 viewsSaintsforeverj

Booing teachers on 19:18 - May 19 by Happy_Jack

Yes but apart from providing an education, ringing parents of difficult children, writing incident reports, supporting unstable families, dealing with the mental health of students, planning lessons, preparing carriculum, writing IEP's, preparing worksheets, preparing and cutting out printed coins and preparing 30 pots with soil in ready for a science experiment what have the teachers ever done for us?

Well if you would like to suggest the closure of all schools indefinitely, as teachers don't do anything for us, write to your MP and suggest that all children are home schooled.

Booing teachers on 22:48 - May 19 with 498 viewshedgeend61

Booing teachers on 14:40 - May 19 by Occasional_Showers

Everyone has a win. Picking out a 50-1 on bet isnt exactly difficult.

Who's picked a 50-1 on winner you thick Dribbler?
You're not very bright Dribbler, are you ?
Just showed you a 100/1 winner, and plenty of free money, don't think you understand the game Dribbler?
Who's ever given you or anyone 31% interest on your dough ( for any stake) in 80 minutes? Lucky to get 1% in the bank.
Didn't fancy the bet eh?

Keep Dribbling, and posting at 4 in the morning, be setting our alarms early
Booing teachers on 09:50 - May 20 with 408 viewsDorsetIan

Booing teachers on 19:18 - May 19 by Saintsforeverj

No, they are members of the NEU and they make their own decisions, they don't just follow what the union says.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 19:19]

Correct.

And by way of a near and dear example, isn't Dune a member of his Union, so when he's not freeloading off the taxpayer, he's freeloading of the work being done by the Union to maximise his £ and employment rights?

And I'm pretty sure he disagrees with the Union's very right to exist, and completely ignores them when they are not feathering his nest.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Booing teachers on 10:15 - May 20 with 407 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 22:48 - May 19 by hedgeend61

Who's picked a 50-1 on winner you thick Dribbler?
You're not very bright Dribbler, are you ?
Just showed you a 100/1 winner, and plenty of free money, don't think you understand the game Dribbler?
Who's ever given you or anyone 31% interest on your dough ( for any stake) in 80 minutes? Lucky to get 1% in the bank.
Didn't fancy the bet eh?

Keep Dribbling, and posting at 4 in the morning, be setting our alarms early

We've all met someone ckever like you that beats the bookies. They never mention all the times they lose.

Booing teachers on 10:51 - May 20 with 395 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 19:18 - May 19 by Happy_Jack

😂 priceless!

It appears that at least 11 local councils disagree with reopening schools on 1st June and many others have concerns over the safety of doing so so soon. Perhaps we should boo the workshy and lazy local councils too?
Booing teachers on 10:56 - May 20 with 393 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 18:27 - May 19 by Boris_

No I am not. That is just the way that you have chosen to interpret what I said. What I actually said was that teachers do a lot more than just set work in reaction to your assertion that many teachers were doing nothing at the moment and are basically workshy and lazy.
Booing teachers on 10:59 - May 20 with 389 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 10:56 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

No I am not. That is just the way that you have chosen to interpret what I said. What I actually said was that teachers do a lot more than just set work in reaction to your assertion that many teachers were doing nothing at the moment and are basically workshy and lazy.

again, what are teachers doing that mean they are unable to actually teach?

Booing teachers on 11:12 - May 20 with 383 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 10:59 - May 20 by JaySaint

again, what are teachers doing that mean they are unable to actually teach?

Where do I say that they are unable to teach? If you were able to take in basic information I said they do more than just set work.
Booing teachers on 11:42 - May 20 with 379 viewsOccasional_Showers

The BMA have today said teachers should get their lazy arses back in the classroom. You better find something else to whinge about now Soggy.

Booing teachers on 11:45 - May 20 with 377 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 11:42 - May 20 by Occasional_Showers

The BMA have today said teachers should get their lazy arses back in the classroom. You better find something else to whinge about now Soggy.

When you go out to boo the teachers tomorrow night Dune, remember to boo the pupil’s parents who aren’t sending their children back to school.
Booing teachers on 11:52 - May 20 with 372 viewsOccasional_Showers

Booing teachers on 11:45 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

When you go out to boo the teachers tomorrow night Dune, remember to boo the pupil’s parents who aren’t sending their children back to school.

No comment about the BMA then. What a shock. Time to pipe down me thinks soggy.

Booing teachers on 12:02 - May 20 with 367 viewsDorsetIan

Booing teachers on 11:42 - May 20 by Occasional_Showers

Not what the BMA said:

Writing for The Telegraph, Dr Peter English, the chairman of the BMA’s Public Health Medicine Committee, said: “The BMA wants schools to reopen as soon as it is safe to do so and the evidence allows — this could be before June 1 or after.

Anyway, let's see what King Lazy Arse has got to say for himself today - PMQs shortly. Surprised he's managed to drag himself out of bed by noon to be honest.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024