Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing teachers 10:02 - May 14 with 12566 viewsOccasional_Showers

Whilst our wonderful NHS have shown what a credit they are to themselves and the nation, teachers are yet again giving a great example to children of how not to behave in a crisis. Excuse after excuse not to go work, just like when they shut schools at the merest hint of snow.

How about making Friday boo the teachers night?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 12:09 - May 20 with 686 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 11:52 - May 20 by Occasional_Showers

No comment about the BMA then. What a shock. Time to pipe down me thinks soggy.

No point Dune. As ever, you are spouting nonsense. Start getting your facts right and perhaps then we can have a decent discussion.
Booing teachers on 12:58 - May 20 with 659 viewsJaySaint

Booing teachers on 11:12 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Where do I say that they are unable to teach? If you were able to take in basic information I said they do more than just set work.

seeing as teachers are not teaching (700K pupils at least), which you put down to because of other duties

what other duties are these?

Quite a simple questions

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 13:09 - May 20 with 643 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 12:58 - May 20 by JaySaint

seeing as teachers are not teaching (700K pupils at least), which you put down to because of other duties

what other duties are these?

Quite a simple questions

What I said was how do you know they are not doing other (teaching) duties and not just sitting on their hands? I am sure that you know that teachers do not just “teach”.

According to The Times one of the governments senior scientific advisers says that schools should not reopen until test and trace is properly up and running. Funny that Dune, Jay or Boris don’t mention these stories.
Booing teachers on 13:10 - May 20 with 645 viewsTheMoog

True story that happened just now:

Out for a walk with my daughter and sat on the grass near the edge of the 6th green of the local golf course.

Two golfers approach the green and one looks over and says ‘Is she starting reception in September?’.

I replied ‘I was hoping she’d go back on the first of June’.

The other piped up ‘You’re talking to two teachers so that won’t be happening’.

Must be running online lessons off their phones in between shots.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 13:20 - May 20 with 634 viewsSadoldgit

Are we to assume from your story that every teacher is out playing golf? At least it shows that they arent lazy and are at home sitting in their hands. If it helps I know two teachers. One is at her school today and the other is sitting in her garden marking work.
Booing teachers on 13:35 - May 20 with 631 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 13:20 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Are we to assume from your story that every teacher is out playing golf? At least it shows that they arent lazy and are at home sitting in their hands. If it helps I know two teachers. One is at her school today and the other is sitting in her garden marking work.

Only if you’re thick.

My story is a first hand account that SOME teachers are doing no work at all during school hours.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 13:46 - May 20 with 621 viewsDorsetIan

Booing teachers on 13:35 - May 20 by TheMoog

Only if you’re thick.

My story is a first hand account that SOME teachers are doing no work at all during school hours.

Maybe they were PE teachers, doing their compulsory professional training while they can.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Booing teachers on 13:49 - May 20 with 617 viewsSadoldgit

Booing teachers on 13:35 - May 20 by TheMoog

Only if you’re thick.

So why mention it? You don’t know what 99.9% of school teachers are doing today but chose to share a story which appears at face value to show 2 in a poor light. Classic.

Still, what’s good enough for Eton is good enough for your kids school eh?
Login to get fewer ads

Booing teachers on 14:03 - May 20 with 605 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 13:49 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

So why mention it? You don’t know what 99.9% of school teachers are doing today but chose to share a story which appears at face value to show 2 in a poor light. Classic.

You are clearly a former or current teacher and your with your victim card playing and self congratulating, you should be supporting Liverpool, not Saints.

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 14:11 - May 20 with 601 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 13:46 - May 20 by DorsetIan

Maybe they were PE teachers, doing their compulsory professional training while they can.

There was nothing professional about the way they were playing golf.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 14:18 - May 20 with 591 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 13:49 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

Because it’s an example of teachers that are quite clearly not fulfilling the job they are paid to do. The probability of me coming across the only two of that ilk in the country are fairly slim. It’s a relevant observation or do you only accept input into the debate if it agrees with your assertion that all teachers are hardworking heroes?

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 14:29 - May 20 with 583 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 14:18 - May 20 by TheMoog

Because it’s an example of teachers that are quite clearly not fulfilling the job they are paid to do. The probability of me coming across the only two of that ilk in the country are fairly slim. It’s a relevant observation or do you only accept input into the debate if it agrees with your assertion that all teachers are hardworking heroes?

My Daughter is a Teacher and she told me she has to set out work,send it and mark it when returned.She has to monitor who has and who hasn't returned work and report it etc etc..
This 'Teachers are lazy' is so wrong.
I would love to see these people calling teachers names do their work, I doubt they would last 5 minutes.
Booing teachers on 14:33 - May 20 with 577 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 14:29 - May 20 by grumpy

My Daughter is a Teacher and she told me she has to set out work,send it and mark it when returned.She has to monitor who has and who hasn't returned work and report it etc etc..
This 'Teachers are lazy' is so wrong.
I would love to see these people calling teachers names do their work, I doubt they would last 5 minutes.

You’re right, I’m shoite at golf.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 14:34 - May 20 with 572 viewsDorsetIan

Booing teachers on 14:11 - May 20 by TheMoog

There was nothing professional about the way they were playing golf.

Biology teachers on a field trip?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Booing teachers on 14:35 - May 20 with 575 viewsVagina_Dentata

Maybe they were taking a break and were going back to work afterwards? Maybe they were marking in between shots? Maybe they’ve done no work at all and have spent their time doing nothing but playing golf.

Who knows.

Around 90% of teachers have been doing right for their pupils.

The narrative seems to be to demonise us all because of a few.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Booing teachers on 14:41 - May 20 with 566 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 14:35 - May 20 by Vagina_Dentata

Maybe they were taking a break and were going back to work afterwards? Maybe they were marking in between shots? Maybe they’ve done no work at all and have spent their time doing nothing but playing golf.

Who knows.

Around 90% of teachers have been doing right for their pupils.

The narrative seems to be to demonise us all because of a few.

A break long enough to squeeze in a round of golf? Don’t be daft.

And there was no marking going on- they weren’t even keeping up with how many shots they were taking going from rough to rough to out of bounds to bunker.

They were playing golf during the school day and we’re quite smug about that and the fact that schools are not open.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 14:43 - May 20 with 563 viewsVagina_Dentata

Booing teachers on 14:41 - May 20 by TheMoog

A break long enough to squeeze in a round of golf? Don’t be daft.

And there was no marking going on- they weren’t even keeping up with how many shots they were taking going from rough to rough to out of bounds to bunker.

They were playing golf during the school day and we’re quite smug about that and the fact that schools are not open.

90% of teachers are doing right by the pupils. Something needs to be done about the missing 10%.

You’ve managed to encounter 3 teachers from the 10% in the last few days. Probably move from the area.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 14:45]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Booing teachers on 14:44 - May 20 with 560 viewsSadoldgit

As I have said before, I am sure some teachers don’t work as hard as others. The ones I know love their jobs and work hard so I can’t really talk about those who don’t. Perhaps the teachers you met were on a day off? Perhaps they were playing golf this morning but will be working this evening? Do you know? No one seems bothered about Eton not going back until September. Why? What’s the difference? The people who have been called work and lazy, where is the evidence. If they haven’t set work there may be a perfectly good reason for that (but you will need to read more than the Daily Mail to find out). As I have said before, teachers did not close the schools the government did. The same government that tells us to stay home to save lives - unless you are a school teacher it seems. There is nothing wrong in professional people expecting a well thought out and relatively safe return to their workplace. I would expect anyone on here to expect anything less. Why should teachers expect less? A neighbour who teaches has a husband in the high risk group and is terrified of bringing home something that could kill him. If you think that booing her is ok tomorrow night because she isn’t in a rush to get back into a school full of potential virus carriers, feel free, but in my book that makes you a pretty unpleasant human being.
Booing teachers on 14:55 - May 20 with 552 viewsJaySaint

700,000 pupils have not received a single piece of work to do since day 1 of this lockdown,
another 500,000 pupils get a maximum of 1 piece of work a day.

madness

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Booing teachers on 14:58 - May 20 with 546 viewsTheMoog

Booing teachers on 14:44 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

As I have said before, I am sure some teachers don’t work as hard as others. The ones I know love their jobs and work hard so I can’t really talk about those who don’t. Perhaps the teachers you met were on a day off? Perhaps they were playing golf this morning but will be working this evening? Do you know? No one seems bothered about Eton not going back until September. Why? What’s the difference? The people who have been called work and lazy, where is the evidence. If they haven’t set work there may be a perfectly good reason for that (but you will need to read more than the Daily Mail to find out). As I have said before, teachers did not close the schools the government did. The same government that tells us to stay home to save lives - unless you are a school teacher it seems. There is nothing wrong in professional people expecting a well thought out and relatively safe return to their workplace. I would expect anyone on here to expect anything less. Why should teachers expect less? A neighbour who teaches has a husband in the high risk group and is terrified of bringing home something that could kill him. If you think that booing her is ok tomorrow night because she isn’t in a rush to get back into a school full of potential virus carriers, feel free, but in my book that makes you a pretty unpleasant human being.

You make a lot of poor assumptions and talk a lot of shoite as a result.

Teachers can book days off on top of all the planned holiday? They’ve got half term next week FFS! No wonder the education system is fooked.

I don’t read the Mail.

Shouldn’t they be running online lessons or something? You said their evenings were taken up with other jobs.

The Eton issue has been answered by others but you seem to have your fingers in your ears over that one.

I’ve never mentioned booing.

Opening schools is part of the plan to get back to normal. I agree with that and all involved should do what they can to make it happen, not just refuse to get involved. If that makes me a ‘pretty unpleasant human being’ then I suggest you are too for expecting people to come out and empty your bins or deliver your mail.

Standby to standby

Booing teachers on 14:58 - May 20 with 545 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Booing teachers on 15:28 - May 20 with 525 viewsSadoldgit

I am not the one suggesting we boo “workshy and “lazy” teachers. And given the thousands of lives lost already, don’t you consider the pandemic a drama?
Booing teachers on 15:30 - May 20 with 520 viewsBoris_

Booing teachers on 15:28 - May 20 by Sadoldgit

I am not the one suggesting we boo “workshy and “lazy” teachers. And given the thousands of lives lost already, don’t you consider the pandemic a drama?

Do you want to run through the differences to Eton and a State School? I feel you've been explained a few times but you've not quite grasped it?

Are you going to let us know what other 'duties' teachers are doing over and above what they would normally have to do in school that prevents them from teaching from home?

Poll: Claude Puel

Booing teachers on 15:34 - May 20 with 506 viewsOccasional_Showers

It's a beautiful day outside and you're moaning on the internet. Again...

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Booing teachers on 15:46 - May 20 with 501 viewsgrumpy

Booing teachers on 14:55 - May 20 by JaySaint

700,000 pupils have not received a single piece of work to do since day 1 of this lockdown,
another 500,000 pupils get a maximum of 1 piece of work a day.

madness

Can you post a link to those figures?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024