Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Care homes 13:22 - May 14 with 1880 viewsBazza

Care homes felt "completely abandoned" as the coronavirus crisis swept across the UK, the National Care Association has said. BBC headline

Here's the question; care homes are 84% business-owned with huge profits so why is the government taking all the flak? Understand that the government is ultimately responsible for us all but why are the care businesses not sharing the criticism of lack of PPE, sudden death-rate increases etc?
Care homes on 13:44 - May 14 with 1853 viewsPatfromPoole

Mmmmm.

They pay terrible wages to staff who do a thankless job, and they charge a kings ransom.

But the State are dependent on their existence as we simply have no other means of dealing with an ageing population.

Where to start to solve this???????

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Care homes on 14:04 - May 14 with 1841 viewsarfurdent

or maybe the government approach of ignoring care homes was a way of reducing the social care bill

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Care homes on 14:17 - May 14 with 1829 viewsSadoldgit

Aren’t they part owned by local government and bound by certain regulations?
Care homes on 14:28 - May 14 with 1824 viewsYarman

Can only comment based on the treatment of a much loved elderly aunt, a private care home seems to be a blood sucking money making business intent on making as much profit as possible, and providing as little care as possible.
Care homes on 23:59 - May 17 with 1682 viewsRon11

My wife worked as a home carer for Southampton City council. She was paid a reasonable rate, conditions and equipment provided were good.
She then moved to a private home 'care' mob based in Lowford, as we moved out of the centre of Southampton.
She was paid a rubbish rate, no fuel allowance, given no record of her actual hours, given minimal assistance for her work (including protective equipment) and generally had the piss taken, and not given time to really care for her 'clients' who were the ones she really cared about. I furloughed her out of it myself.
No regrets, I only felt sorry for the poor people who were not receiving the time devoted to them that they actually required.
Care homes on 08:03 - May 18 with 1635 viewsSalisburySaint

Care homes on 23:59 - May 17 by Ron11

My wife worked as a home carer for Southampton City council. She was paid a reasonable rate, conditions and equipment provided were good.
She then moved to a private home 'care' mob based in Lowford, as we moved out of the centre of Southampton.
She was paid a rubbish rate, no fuel allowance, given no record of her actual hours, given minimal assistance for her work (including protective equipment) and generally had the piss taken, and not given time to really care for her 'clients' who were the ones she really cared about. I furloughed her out of it myself.
No regrets, I only felt sorry for the poor people who were not receiving the time devoted to them that they actually required.

My father is in a care home at Romsey.

This is privately run, although his care is funded by Hants CC, the level of care he receives is top notch, but before we decided on sending him there we did go to see others, where it was obvious level of care not so good.

I think the point most are missing here though is that hospitals sent loads of patients out of hospital back to care homes who had COVID-19, to an environment where it was difficult to stop the spread of the disease , hence so many deaths.
Care homes on 14:10 - May 20 with 1509 viewsgeezershoong1

EU’s Centre for Disease Prevention and Control on the prevalence of Covid-19 in long term care facilities death rate:

Spain 66%
Norway 61% (including out of hospital settings)
Belgium 51%
Sweden 50%
France 50%
Germany 37%
UK 21%

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024