Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! 11:00 - May 19 with 671 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52402/on-this-day-in-his

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 12:10 - May 19 with 648 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I loved that day. It is still one of my best moments at football. Getting beer at the Fitz was impossible, but it didn't matter, the football wasn't the best, but it didn't matter. The day was about mates, atmosphere and saying goodbye properly to an iconic ground, OUR iconic ground.

That Le Tissier goal, slow motion doesn't do that justice, I have never experienced anything happening as slowly as that and then the roof lift off as the crowd erupted.

I remember sitting in the upper west stand, but near the front, just watching everyone pour onto the pitch - I was happy to watch and take it all in. Brilliant day.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 13:22 - May 19 with 629 viewsgreen

Thanks for that write up, brought the memories back. I was sat in the Milton Road end that day, was too young for the pub then but I see the Fitz sign is still up - how long did that stay open for until after the Dell?
On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 09:14 - May 21 with 425 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

BUMP: Underrated (like Marsden) thread. I watched the highlights of this match again - that end ... !

On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 09:26 - May 21 with 422 viewsSaintNick

On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 13:22 - May 19 by green

Thanks for that write up, brought the memories back. I was sat in the Milton Road end that day, was too young for the pub then but I see the Fitz sign is still up - how long did that stay open for until after the Dell?

I think it was open for a few years, but the loss in trade meant inevitable closure

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 09:44 - May 21 with 413 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

On This Day In History - 19th May 2001 The Greatest Goal Ever ! on 09:26 - May 21 by SaintNick

I think it was open for a few years, but the loss in trade meant inevitable closure

Sadly I never went back that way after that match and I don't expect thew students living round there would've kept the Fitz going? Like so many proper local pubs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024