Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. 23:54 - May 21 with 992 viewshedgeend61

Mine, giving age away.

Man City V Leicester 1969, first time i ever watched anything on colour TV, don't think we got colour TV at home till early 1970's.
I can remember every FA Cup final 1970-1988, hardly any after, except 2003.

Mexico 1970, Gordon Banks save.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 9:43]
You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 00:51 - May 22 with 976 viewsdirk_doone

1962 World Cup Final - Garrincha & co. I remember wanting the host nation, Chile, to win the tournament but they only finished 3rd. I've since been to a match in the stadium in Santiago where the final was played.

All three of the FA Cup finals that Leicester lost in the '60s stick in my mind, as does the one that Preston lost to West Ham in '64. I guess we all root for the underdog in cup finals.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 06:18 - May 22 with 950 viewsWints76

First FA Cup final memory is also my first memory of watching football, and it is Ricky Villa scoring that goal against City. It was the next season I really got in to football. And as per above, I can name FA Cup winners from mid 60s onwards, but when I get to the last few years I really struggle. Such a shame the cup has been devalued

First World Cup memory is Bryan Robson scoring against the French in 82. For the semi final, our next door neihhbours had French exchange students but no tv, so they came round ours to watch. My dad therefore decided to support West Germany
You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 08:16 - May 22 with 914 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Because there was so little football on TV, I remember the FA cup in the early 80s and even up to the 90s used to be a family event. We'd all have "FA Cup day" no matter who was playing and watch.

Stand out cup final from the 80s for me is that Wimbledon one.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 08:25 - May 22 with 906 viewsNumber_58

The injured Mick Jones being helped up the 39 steps to collect his winners medal when Dirty Leeds beat Arsenal in 1972. I recall bits of the 1974 World Cup, like Holland's early penalty in the final, Sepp Maier, and Scotland playing Brazil and Zaire.
You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 08:48 - May 22 with 896 viewssolent_toffee

You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 06:18 - May 22 by Wints76

First FA Cup final memory is also my first memory of watching football, and it is Ricky Villa scoring that goal against City. It was the next season I really got in to football. And as per above, I can name FA Cup winners from mid 60s onwards, but when I get to the last few years I really struggle. Such a shame the cup has been devalued

First World Cup memory is Bryan Robson scoring against the French in 82. For the semi final, our next door neihhbours had French exchange students but no tv, so they came round ours to watch. My dad therefore decided to support West Germany

The 81 final was my first one today and was a bit of a rite of passage to me as an eight year old. With no other live football on the telly in them days the cup final was a big deal and a big event in our house. My dad would have a house full, mum would make a buffet, loads of ale etc and being from a large family, the younger ones were shooed out of the house for the day so as to not get under the feet of the serious football viewing.

I loved the build up to it, special question of sport, special guests, live from the hotel, travelling to the ground. It was fantastic.

When I went to the final in 2009, there were more Everton fans than Chelsea in the stadium when they picked the trophy up. Outside the ground, they didn’t seem arsed. It’s sanitised now by new fans who are more bothered about the premier league and champions league places.
You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 10:17 - May 24 with 758 viewsSaintNick

You're First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 08:48 - May 22 by solent_toffee

The 81 final was my first one today and was a bit of a rite of passage to me as an eight year old. With no other live football on the telly in them days the cup final was a big deal and a big event in our house. My dad would have a house full, mum would make a buffet, loads of ale etc and being from a large family, the younger ones were shooed out of the house for the day so as to not get under the feet of the serious football viewing.

I loved the build up to it, special question of sport, special guests, live from the hotel, travelling to the ground. It was fantastic.

When I went to the final in 2009, there were more Everton fans than Chelsea in the stadium when they picked the trophy up. Outside the ground, they didn’t seem arsed. It’s sanitised now by new fans who are more bothered about the premier league and champions league places.

I remember that we got our first TV for the 1965 cup final, but I cant remember watching the game, the first final I can remember anything of was the 1968 final between West Brom and Everton, I can remember that as kids we were all looking forward to it, (this was Redbridge infants so not a West Brom or Everton fan in the school)

From then on I could name every cup final until about 1994, from then on it gets very sporadic

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Your First FA Cup Final/ World Cup Final memories. on 10:23 - May 24 with 756 viewsVagina_Dentata

Laying under a table at my Granny and Grandads house, watching the 94 World Cup final.

First cup final I remember watching was the 95 Everton Manchester United. Local lad Paul Rideout got the winner.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024