Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... 06:48 - May 23 with 1019 viewsTripleNiemi

......have said that their respective clubs can keep their Season Ticket monies (for the remaining unplayed fixtures) in order to support the club through these tough times. So just putting this out there, would any of you gladly forgoe refunds as and when the season is ditched or played behind closed doors to help out?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:14 - May 23 with 967 viewsBoris_

Absolutely not.

I would consider it if there was an option to donate to Eastleigh.

Poll: Claude Puel

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:19 - May 23 with 965 viewssolent_toffee

We’ve had our email from Everton with three options; full refund now, same amount knocked off the 20/21 season ticket or donation made to Everton In The Community. Really clear and simple process all linked to your online membership, no phone calls or hassle, just a click of a button.
So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:23 - May 23 with 959 viewsSalisburySaint

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:19 - May 23 by solent_toffee

We’ve had our email from Everton with three options; full refund now, same amount knocked off the 20/21 season ticket or donation made to Everton In The Community. Really clear and simple process all linked to your online membership, no phone calls or hassle, just a click of a button.

Sounds a good example to follow
So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:23 - May 23 with 960 viewscynicalsaint

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:19 - May 23 by solent_toffee

If (when) they end up voiding the season, will we be offered a refund for the whole cost not just the remaining matches? No way i would have shelled out to watch a series of meaningless friendlies.

Anyhow, absolutely no chance i will be doing anything other than taking the refund as cash. They have been milking me for years and as we know, it's Gao's business now, not OUR club.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 8:27]
So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:39 - May 23 with 939 viewsSaintNick

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:14 - May 23 by Boris_

Absolutely not.

I would consider it if there was an option to donate to Eastleigh.

Devils advocate here Boris, you would not consider donating money to Saints who are run as a business and not bank rolled by a rich owner.

But you would donate to Eastleigh who were built up by a man who pumped millions in and at Conference level were perhaps one of the richest clubs in the league and would have been unable to sustain this level without funding

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:45 - May 23 with 924 viewsBoris_

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 08:39 - May 23 by SaintNick

Devils advocate here Boris, you would not consider donating money to Saints who are run as a business and not bank rolled by a rich owner.

But you would donate to Eastleigh who were built up by a man who pumped millions in and at Conference level were perhaps one of the richest clubs in the league and would have been unable to sustain this level without funding

I wouldn't say Eastleigh are rich now, far from it. Before Donald left for Sunderland then yes you'd have a point, however Eastleighs main income is from matchday revenue so they are going to really struggle if as expected, there's no football with crowds for the rest of this calendar year.

I think the fact a rich owner who pumped his own personal money in, is even more reason to support the club.

Also the refund I'm owed is probably around £1000 so perhaps I'm being a bit more of a tightarse and would think differently if it was £100.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 8:46]

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 14:41 - May 23 with 796 viewskingslandstand1

Money off next season as no matter what I will be there.

If I was supporting a League 2 club that are clearly going to be in trouble I'd do more as that sort of club are likely to be more of a community club as opposed to a business owned by someone coming in to try and make money for themselves

Not saying that Saints are likely to be in trouble or go out of business, but to try and help them pay players earning almost as much in a week as I do in a year, then I'm afraid I''d rather look after myself

Hopefully this whole saga will wake a few people up re football finances
So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 14:43 - May 23 with 796 views1576

If I had a season ticket (or went anymore for that matter) refund without question.£70k per week players can help the club out. No they haven't done anything so far they deferred wages.
Login to get fewer ads

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 14:59 - May 23 with 777 viewsBoris_

If the players forfeit their wages for the rest of the season then I'd consider forfeiting my season ticket refund but that's not going to happen is it?

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 15:04 - May 23 with 764 viewsBoris_

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 14:43 - May 23 by 1576

If I had a season ticket (or went anymore for that matter) refund without question.£70k per week players can help the club out. No they haven't done anything so far they deferred wages.

Indeed. It's all very nice bit of PR that they players have agreed to a 10% wage deferral for 3 months but they will still be paid it at the end of the 3 months so have lost nothing - I hardly think footballers have to worry about cashflow.

They aren't taking a pay cut. Why should fans donate money when he players aren't giving anything? If everyone donated the remainder of their season ticket to the club, it would perhaps cover a weeks wages and would be a completely pointless gesture.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 15:06]

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 17:29 - May 23 with 708 viewsSaintsforeverj

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 14:43 - May 23 by 1576

This post gets straight to point and says it in a nutshell.
Season ticket holders should get a refund without a doubt.

If players can earn 70k a week, without giving anything back, then I want a refund on the games I haven't been able to see - without question.
Give it to the community - No way. Not until players earning 50k plus a week, give a significant amount away themselves.

If you are a supporter of lower league club or Eastleigh, who pay their players £200 a week, you might think differently.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 17:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 18:22 - May 23 with 688 viewsTripleNiemi

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 17:29 - May 23 by Saintsforeverj

This post gets straight to point and says it in a nutshell.
Season ticket holders should get a refund without a doubt.

If players can earn 70k a week, without giving anything back, then I want a refund on the games I haven't been able to see - without question.
Give it to the community - No way. Not until players earning 50k plus a week, give a significant amount away themselves.

If you are a supporter of lower league club or Eastleigh, who pay their players £200 a week, you might think differently.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 17:31]

But is it not merely a question of scale? Eastleigh are massive now from the days when i watched them in the Wessex League. As Nick intimated, why would some Spitfires ST holders say Eastleigh can keep their ST monies whereas Saints ST could not donate theirs to the club?

Merely trying to have an open debate and question why we should be any different to say the L2 fans.

Being totally honest, i agree with all those saying Saints can whistle but is this not purely and simply because most of us hate the PL and the greed it brings with it?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 19:05 - May 23 with 660 viewsSaintsforeverj

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 18:22 - May 23 by TripleNiemi

But is it not merely a question of scale? Eastleigh are massive now from the days when i watched them in the Wessex League. As Nick intimated, why would some Spitfires ST holders say Eastleigh can keep their ST monies whereas Saints ST could not donate theirs to the club?

Merely trying to have an open debate and question why we should be any different to say the L2 fans.

Being totally honest, i agree with all those saying Saints can whistle but is this not purely and simply because most of us hate the PL and the greed it brings with it?

It's as you say, the PL and its players earn rediculous amounts of money. There is no logic to us fans not getting our ST money back. Take the lost money from players who earn more in a week than most of our fans earn in a year.

As for lower league clubs, well their players don't earn very much, so there is more merit in their fans helping their clubs.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 19:06 - May 23 with 658 viewsBoris_

So a reasonable number of League 2 supporters...... on 18:22 - May 23 by TripleNiemi

Because ticket revenue for Eastleigh equates to a huge percentage of their turnover whereas at St Mary's it is fractional. It would be a drop in the ocean if fans handed back their money at Saints and would cover a couple of players wages for a week or two whereas at Eastleigh it could cover the overheads for a number of weeks.

As Cortese once said, Saints could play behind closed doors with little effect on the overall profits for the club, whereas Eastleigh's turnover relies on ticket revenue, non-matchday revenue and TV/Cup fee's.

Finally, the players haven't donated anything so you'd be a mug to donate your £100 when the players are still trousering 100% of their wages and in fact will end up being paid even more as the season rolls on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024