Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhys Norrington-Davies 14:42 - May 26 with 6439 viewsNorthernDale

What are the chances of keeping Rhys Norrington-Davies and also Luke Matherson on loan for next season or do think Sheffield United and Wolves will send them to other clubs.
Rhys Norrington-Davies on 14:48 - May 26 with 4610 viewsChaffRAFC

Would imagine Rhys will be subject to interest from clubs further up the leagues than us while Matheson is anybody's guess.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 14:50 - May 26 with 4606 viewsAtThePeake

I don't know for certain, but I suspect RND will be touted out to Championship clubs. Luke is a strange one. Although I'm of the opinion that he'll certainly turn out to be a Premier League standard player in the future, he's only 17 and I don't think he is ready for Championship football yet, so perhaps he would benefit from another year at Dale - particularly if that means he can continue his studies also as we have seen how important that is to him.

Perhaps both are more likely to stay at their parent clubs if they end up competing in the Europa League next season and more squad depth is required as a result.

Tangled up in blue.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 15:21 - May 26 with 4546 viewsisitme

RND started off really well, but flagged a bit towards the end of the season. He is a good player who I would love to sign for next season but I suspect clubs higher up the food chain will be after him. I suspect he will sign for a promotion chasing League One side or a Championship team. Regarding Luke, Wolves tend to have a smaller first team squad and use their under 23 team players when needed.

I wonder where Sanchez will end up next year? I can definitely see him playing at Championship level next season.

It does highlight that we need two new full backs and a first choice keeper for next season.
Rhys Norrington-Davies on 16:31 - May 26 with 4453 viewsAtThePeake

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 15:21 - May 26 by isitme

RND started off really well, but flagged a bit towards the end of the season. He is a good player who I would love to sign for next season but I suspect clubs higher up the food chain will be after him. I suspect he will sign for a promotion chasing League One side or a Championship team. Regarding Luke, Wolves tend to have a smaller first team squad and use their under 23 team players when needed.

I wonder where Sanchez will end up next year? I can definitely see him playing at Championship level next season.

It does highlight that we need two new full backs and a first choice keeper for next season.

I seem to remember someone saying that BBM had indicated that Sanchez will more than likely be heading to a Championship club next season during his Q&A at the cricket club.

Tangled up in blue.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 16:35 - May 26 with 4446 viewsboromat

Agree RND will be touted to championship clubs. Be very lucky to get him back but it happened with O'Connell so you never know.

I think it's unlikely we'd get Luke back next season. Think Wolves will want to get him integrated into their teams and systems. Depending on his development we could see him the season after but I'm sure they'd be hoping for him to go to the Championship at that point.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 18:46 - May 29 with 3875 viewsblackdogblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 15:21 - May 26 by isitme

With the other thread on potential new squad sizes & wage caps think that is wishful thinking...

Conrad is available if Josh goes, he might be older but I would have him back rather than an unknown cheap entity

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 18:52 - May 29 with 3864 viewselectricblue

So if Lillis leaves and Sanchez heads back to his club that will leave Lynch and Wade..
So what about the possibility of Andy Lonergan signing.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:15 - May 29 with 3821 views442Dale

With the situation as it is, when the time comes offering Lillis a new deal on reduced terms would be a sensible option. We’ll just need an affordable squad as a priority.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:54 - May 29 with 3750 viewsboromat

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:15 - May 29 by 442Dale

With the situation as it is, when the time comes offering Lillis a new deal on reduced terms would be a sensible option. We’ll just need an affordable squad as a priority.

Do we not think Lynch is good enough with Wade as 2nd choice? I wouldn't be too upset if that was the case with the current situation. We'll have to save everywhere we can.

Not sure what the current situation with goalkeeping coach is. Lillis could potentially move into the collis role coaching while also covering 3rd choice goalkeeping role. Conrad Logan could also do that role I'm sure.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:12 - May 29 with 3717 viewsblackdogblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:54 - May 29 by boromat

Do we not think Lynch is good enough with Wade as 2nd choice? I wouldn't be too upset if that was the case with the current situation. We'll have to save everywhere we can.

Not sure what the current situation with goalkeeping coach is. Lillis could potentially move into the collis role coaching while also covering 3rd choice goalkeeping role. Conrad Logan could also do that role I'm sure.

A coaching role would be an additional expense & non plying staff, can’t see that happening if I’m honest

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 07:26 - May 30 with 3545 viewstodmordendale

Thought Lynch looked confident in the games he played so far. I suppose if we manage to tempt Lonerghan again, would he come before Lunch or back up.
Rhys Norrington-Davies on 07:46 - May 30 with 3527 viewsmikehunt

Wasn’t getting Luke back for a season part of the deal?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 09:50 - May 30 with 3477 viewsChaffRAFC

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 07:46 - May 30 by mikehunt

Wasn’t getting Luke back for a season part of the deal?

No, only for the rest of this season.

Lillis is a no go surely. He's not featured in the squad all season, not even on the bench. We've even called back Brad Wade rather than put Lillis on the bench.

I'd be amazed if we offered him any role, even a coaching role.

We do not currently have a goalkeeping coach however so there is room for one.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:50 - May 30 with 3389 viewsTVOS1907

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 09:50 - May 30 by ChaffRAFC

Lillis is a no go surely. He's not featured in the squad all season, not even on the bench. We've even called back Brad Wade rather than put Lillis on the bench.

Agree about Lillis.

BBM clearly doesn't rate him, so I'm not sure how he's going to go from not being rated as a goalkeeper to the club's goalkeeping coach.

Plus, he's still got plenty of playing years left in him, so maybe his loan to AFC Fylde could turn into something more permanent, whether there or somewhere else.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:35 - May 30 with 3248 viewsblackdogblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 09:50 - May 30 by ChaffRAFC

TVOS will have you mate, I’m pretty sure he has been on the bench before all this started... 😀

I will of course stand corrected but sure I’m right

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:52 - May 30 with 3222 viewsTVOS1907

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:35 - May 30 by blackdogblue

TVOS will have you mate, I’m pretty sure he has been on the bench before all this started... 😀

3 times

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 22:13 - May 30 with 3153 viewsblackdogblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:52 - May 30 by TVOS1907

3 times

Cheers, as far as I remember though think he only left the dig out to warm up once

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 10:05 - May 31 with 3044 viewselectricblue

A..Wycome
H....Gillingham.
A...Dons

Those are Lillis appearances although on the bench.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 10:06]

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 18:22 - May 31 with 2876 viewsChaffRAFC

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 20:35 - May 30 by blackdogblue

Indeed, I do remember that, we must not have been able to call Wade back at the time. It was literally the last resort before having no goalkeeper on.

Made me wonder if he had a clause in his contract stating he was entitled to a new deal based on a certain number of appearances that he may well have been close to.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:13 - May 31 with 2821 viewsblackdogblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 18:22 - May 31 by ChaffRAFC

Indeed, I do remember that, we must not have been able to call Wade back at the time. It was literally the last resort before having no goalkeeper on.

Made me wonder if he had a clause in his contract stating he was entitled to a new deal based on a certain number of appearances that he may well have been close to.

Wasn’t that the same with Joe Bunney a couple of years ago? Seem to remember the thread but I thought only playing time counted?

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 10:05 - Jun 2 with 2682 viewsChaffRAFC

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 19:13 - May 31 by blackdogblue

Wasn’t that the same with Joe Bunney a couple of years ago? Seem to remember the thread but I thought only playing time counted?

Yeah only playing time counted but for Lillis not to be on the bench meant there was no need for him if Sanchez/Lynch was injured during the game. We actively called Wade back from an early spell rather than put Lillis on the bench. He was on the bench while he was on loan at the back end of the season for a month so I reckon we couldn't recall Wade and had to have Lillis on the bench as it was the only step we could take other than having no keeper.

I may be wrong but I don't get why you just wouldn't have Lillis as back up even if you don't rate him. Instead he was completely frozen out and we tried to offload him in both windows.

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:06 - Jun 2 with 2577 viewselectricblue

If its true that BBM does not rate him why didnt he move on in the windows!
Ok Lillis did eventually go out on loan to AFC Fylde and the virus kicked in and scuppered the season..

Some say that Lillis and a few others( Andrew) are on big money if that is the case then the management may think that there are better options on less funds....
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 12:18]

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:09 - Jun 2 with 2571 viewsTVOS1907

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:06 - Jun 2 by electricblue

If its true that BBM does not rate him why didnt he move on in the windows!
Ok Lillis did eventually go out on loan to AFC Fylde and the virus kicked in and scuppered the season..

Some say that Lillis and a few others( Andrew) are on big money if that is the case then the management may think that there are better options on less funds....
[Post edited 2 Jun 2020 12:18]

Because nobody wanted to sign a player who was out of contract six months later.

Yes, the management might think that....

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:21 - Jun 2 with 2538 viewselectricblue

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:09 - Jun 2 by TVOS1907

Because nobody wanted to sign a player who was out of contract six months later.

Yes, the management might think that....

As BBM signed Lynch as Lillis replacement or will there be another keeper coming!
Thus will Lynch want to be 2nd choice....

There are a few on here who where extremely surprised that wade was given a contract last summer so surely he as something about him to achieve that...

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 13:14 - Jun 2 with 2486 viewsboromat

Rhys Norrington-Davies on 12:21 - Jun 2 by electricblue

As BBM signed Lynch as Lillis replacement or will there be another keeper coming!
Thus will Lynch want to be 2nd choice....

There are a few on here who where extremely surprised that wade was given a contract last summer so surely he as something about him to achieve that...

Wade has been getting rave reviews from his appearances out on loan if that's anything to go by.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024