Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Class Track and Trace System 17:00 - Jun 3 with 2625 viewsSadoldgit

Just heard from a friend with a 3 year old granddaughter who was due to go back to nursery school on Monday. She woke up Monday with a cough so they took her for a test only to be told she was too young as she needed to be at least 5. They returned home and found out that was wrong and she could be tested. They were given a kit to use from home. There was nothing in the box when they got it home. They tried to order a test kit but were told they couldn’t have one as they had just been tested! After much faffing the daughter and granddaughter managed to get tested. The daughters came back as negative but they lost the granddaughters test. When they asked for a repeat test they were told they couldn’t have one for 72 hours. The granddaughter still has mild symptoms so they are keeping her out of school until they get another test.

Not great.
World Class Track and Trace System on 12:20 - Jun 4 with 697 viewsRon11

World Class Track and Trace System on 11:42 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Instead of abusing me, perhaps go and speak to some black people about it. Or do you think they are making discrimination up?

Where did I abuse you?
Ah, I see, I was expressing an opinion, which in the eyes of the left, is an abuse of the state.
I know many black people, (more than you I'm sure), almost all of them have never suffered any kind of racial abuse.
But then they don't agree with theft, selling drugs or attacking the police.
Ask David Lammy or Bernie Grant.
World Class Track and Trace System on 15:09 - Jun 4 with 668 viewsSadoldgit

World Class Track and Trace System on 12:20 - Jun 4 by Ron11

Where did I abuse you?
Ah, I see, I was expressing an opinion, which in the eyes of the left, is an abuse of the state.
I know many black people, (more than you I'm sure), almost all of them have never suffered any kind of racial abuse.
But then they don't agree with theft, selling drugs or attacking the police.
Ask David Lammy or Bernie Grant.

Telling me to “stick it up my ar5e” sounds pretty abusive to me.

You tells us that you know loads and loads of black people, well more than me apparently, and very few of them have faced abuse. So we have established that some people you know have been racially abused. I think it is also fair to say that you don’t know at least 99.9% of the black population of this planet, therefore how can you possibly know how many black people have been racially abused based on your minuscule sample?

I don’t have to know more black people rhsn you to know that racial discrimination is still rife. How do I know? I have eyes, ears and a brain and I listen to people who tell their stories about the abuse and discrimination they have faced - some almost daily.

I am sure your many black friends all slap you on the back and heartily agree with you when you tell them that black people arent discriminated against (well, very, very few of them).
World Class Track and Trace System on 23:44 - Jun 4 with 627 viewsSadoldgit

Finally, mask are going to have to be used on public transport. What on Earth has taken these clowns so long to realise that they help stop the spread of the virus? Quarantine will kick in for foreign travellers soon. Why now when we have higher infection rates than Europe? Why didn’t we stop people coming in when the virus was at its peak elsewhere? Can the government apologists tell us WTF is going on?
World Class Track and Trace System on 07:19 - Jun 5 with 599 viewssaint22

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/04/nhs-track-and-trace-system-not-e
World Class Track and Trace System on 09:52 - Jun 5 with 572 viewsSadoldgit

So for the umpteenth time during this pandemic our government has over promised and under delivered. I know the apologists will find a reason to excuse this latest blunder, but it really isn’t as if they have not had time to get this right before started to ease the lockdown. As the article mentions, this scheme was more than likely dragged forward to provide a smokescreen for the Cummings incident. We have been told that the lifting of the lockdown would not start until our world beating track and trace system was up and running. As our esteemed leader might say, what an utter inverted pyramid of piffle. As for privatising the NHS by stealth, if it means getting the lockdown sorted efficiently and quickly and saving lives, no complaints about that on this occasion.

But wouldn’t it be better to keep the service in house for the NHS to run itself? These people know what they are doing. Public health services do it already for minor local outbreaks of contagions. It is very likely that we shall see another outbreak within the next 50 or so years. The NHS is well established and highly professional. I am sure this guy from Santander is very committed, but wouldn’t a seasoned, experienced health care official be a better choice to run a public health trace and test system than a banker?

Finally anyone who knows anything about IT systems knows that new ones do not work perfectly straight away. It takes time to iron out the glitches which is precisely why the system should either have been an imported tried and tested system from elsewhere, or they should have started on producing their own months ago.

No strategy. No well planned execution. No clue.
World Class Track and Trace System on 11:02 - Jun 5 with 564 viewsBison

World Class Track and Trace System on 09:52 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

So for the umpteenth time during this pandemic our government has over promised and under delivered. I know the apologists will find a reason to excuse this latest blunder, but it really isn’t as if they have not had time to get this right before started to ease the lockdown. As the article mentions, this scheme was more than likely dragged forward to provide a smokescreen for the Cummings incident. We have been told that the lifting of the lockdown would not start until our world beating track and trace system was up and running. As our esteemed leader might say, what an utter inverted pyramid of piffle. As for privatising the NHS by stealth, if it means getting the lockdown sorted efficiently and quickly and saving lives, no complaints about that on this occasion.

But wouldn’t it be better to keep the service in house for the NHS to run itself? These people know what they are doing. Public health services do it already for minor local outbreaks of contagions. It is very likely that we shall see another outbreak within the next 50 or so years. The NHS is well established and highly professional. I am sure this guy from Santander is very committed, but wouldn’t a seasoned, experienced health care official be a better choice to run a public health trace and test system than a banker?

Finally anyone who knows anything about IT systems knows that new ones do not work perfectly straight away. It takes time to iron out the glitches which is precisely why the system should either have been an imported tried and tested system from elsewhere, or they should have started on producing their own months ago.

No strategy. No well planned execution. No clue.

"Finally anyone who knows anything about IT systems knows that new ones do not work perfectly straight away. It takes time to iron out the glitches which is precisely why the system should either have been an imported tried and tested system from elsewhere, or they should have started on producing their own months ago."

You are so right here SoG , I do work in IT and the government have no idea about project life cycles . It's shown a real dereliction of the basic IT principles. At the latest they should of been building these new track and trace , the new pandemic death calculators in November .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

World Class Track and Trace System on 13:07 - Jun 5 with 550 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently out of 67,000 covid tests sent to a US firm, nearly 30,000 came back void. Not a great start.
World Class Track and Trace System on 13:57 - Jun 5 with 537 viewsBison

World Class Track and Trace System on 13:07 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

Apparently out of 67,000 covid tests sent to a US firm, nearly 30,000 came back void. Not a great start.

You quite rightly suggested we should of imported an off-the-shelf Covid monitoring system ( I'll check the AppStore to see what's available ) and yet when we utilise Jonny Foreigner to help us out with our testing and result capacity they mess it up.

The government should of set up a working party to analyse all the lab s globally and come up with recommendations that's could of been peer reviewed and then published for wider scrutiny before eventually negotiating a deal with the caveat of meeting a certain success percentage.

It's not as if this is going away quickly a proper procedural process should of been done to weed out the chaff. A few months extra wouldn't of made much difference would it .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024