Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots breaking lockdown 18:30 - Jun 3 with 7763 viewsBazza

On beaches in recent weeks, today’s solidarity marches, picnics on Clapham Common, parties on Hawley Lake and so on. Recent death rates increasing even before these impacts are known. Don’t even think about blaming the politicians this Is individual crass stupidity at best. Why are people so dumb?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:42 - Jun 4 with 1195 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:37 - Jun 4 by DorsetIan

The first reply you got on this thread mentioned Cummings and it wasn't from me or SoG.

Although you might just have been asking a question 'why are people so dumb' others on here have jumped on that to argue that because some people are really dumb, what Boris did re Cummings was irrelevant. I disagree with that.

In terms of answering your question why are people so dumb...some people are born dumb, some people become dumb because they are surrounded by dumb people and get the wrong influences, some people aren't dumb they're just really selfish (think they won't suffer from Covid but don't worry that they might spread it).

Is that better? What is your opinion - why do you think people are dumb?

And some people act dumb so they can use it to push their political views, such as Soggy the soppy old tart and yourself.

Poll: Claude Puel

Idiots breaking lockdown on 19:33 - Jun 4 with 1164 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:42 - Jun 4 by Boris_

And some people act dumb so they can use it to push their political views, such as Soggy the soppy old tart and yourself.

Brilliant. I can see what you did there.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 20:27 - Jun 4 with 1133 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 18:42 - Jun 4 by Boris_

Oh Boris, you love us really, go on, admit it, you would miss us if we weren’t here xxx
Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:31 - Jun 5 with 1087 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 20:27 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Oh Boris, you love us really, go on, admit it, you would miss us if we weren’t here xxx

You can both take it as a compliment that you're two of the people who I think are 'acting' dumb to suit your political agenda as opposed to actually being dumb.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:45 - Jun 5 with 1067 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 08:31 - Jun 5 by Boris_

You can both take it as a compliment that you're two of the people who I think are 'acting' dumb to suit your political agenda as opposed to actually being dumb.

I can't speak for SoG but you'll just have to get used to the fact that what I've written is what I believe. Not trying to suit any agenda. Maybe that makes me actually dumb rather than pretending to be so.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:59 - Jun 5 with 1057 viewsSadoldgit

You are perfectly entitled to your view of my posts, as I am of yours. If you think that they are “dumb” so be it. I would say that coming on here every day defending the indefensible isn’t the smartest thing in the world. I would say that choosing a user name that reflects your admiration for the most inept and clueless PM we have had in living memory and probably longer isn’t the smartest thing to do.

I could go on. Your attack on teachers as being workshy and lazy, not smart.

Do you see a pattern forming here?

By nailing your colours firmly to this bumbling, incompetent government’s mast you have made sure that when the ship goes down, as it inevitably will do, you will be going down with it.

Not smart Boris.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:16 - Jun 5 with 1042 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 09:59 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

You are perfectly entitled to your view of my posts, as I am of yours. If you think that they are “dumb” so be it. I would say that coming on here every day defending the indefensible isn’t the smartest thing in the world. I would say that choosing a user name that reflects your admiration for the most inept and clueless PM we have had in living memory and probably longer isn’t the smartest thing to do.

I could go on. Your attack on teachers as being workshy and lazy, not smart.

Do you see a pattern forming here?

By nailing your colours firmly to this bumbling, incompetent government’s mast you have made sure that when the ship goes down, as it inevitably will do, you will be going down with it.

Not smart Boris.

To be fair to Boris, now that Occasional Showers seems to have disappeared from this parish, he now has an important role to play in presenting the government line.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:23 - Jun 5 with 1036 viewsBison

Idiots breaking lockdown on 17:09 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

Police chiefs are reporting that people are now using Cummings behaviour as a reason for breakdown lockdown rules. You really can’t have the top adviser saying one thing and doing another. Whatever people thought of the message and the rules before, his behaviour has undermined both.

I think they would of been where they were and questioned by the police anyway . I don't think they made a decision to go out because they heard Dominic Cummings had been to a castle in Georgie Land. I don't think they are dumb , I think they were quite clever and told the cops they did it because of Cummings so they acted dumb to get off the hook.

Fair enough they couldn't of used that excuse if Cummings had stayed home but it doesn't change the physics , they'd would of been where they were and questioned by the police which means the Cummings effect is only perceived if you want to see it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Login to get fewer ads

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:49 - Jun 5 with 1022 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:23 - Jun 5 by Bison

I think they would of been where they were and questioned by the police anyway . I don't think they made a decision to go out because they heard Dominic Cummings had been to a castle in Georgie Land. I don't think they are dumb , I think they were quite clever and told the cops they did it because of Cummings so they acted dumb to get off the hook.

Fair enough they couldn't of used that excuse if Cummings had stayed home but it doesn't change the physics , they'd would of been where they were and questioned by the police which means the Cummings effect is only perceived if you want to see it.

I expect that you are right. As you say though, for such a (supposedly) smart guy, it probably wasn’t the smartest move to put himself in this position in the first place. This will stick to him for the rest of his career and has done BoJo no favours either. All he had to do was to run his plan by Johnson or Raab if Johnson wasn’t around and he is covered. He either gets the thumbs up, which means the blame lies with a politician, or he is told to stay put which means there is no story. Not the smartest move by a senior adviser to the government .
Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:02 - Jun 5 with 1011 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 11:23 - Jun 5 by Bison

There is a lot of disagreement around this Cummings/Johnson stuff - did Johnson weaken the public health message by refusing to sack Cummings? Would dumb idiots have broken the rules anyway? Are they just now using Cummings as an excuse?

I've made my views on this clear enough already but how about thinking about this...

What would the impact have been had Boris Johnson really taken advantage of the Cummings situation to promote a very strict line. How would things now be if he had sacked Cummings immediately, marched him out out Downing Street with a cardboard box of his belongings and then made an address to the nation stating how seriously the lockdown guidance had to be taken, that EVERYONE had to obey it without exception, and that so serious was the current situation that even his closest, most trusted adviser had to go.

He could have done that. And compare the message that that would have sent out, to what actually happened. You cannot tell me that the difference between those two things would not have made a very significant difference to the public's behaviour.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:34 - Jun 5 with 997 viewsgeezershoong1

Seems to me that there are those like the thought of everyone locked in their own homes a little too much...

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:34 - Jun 5 with 997 viewsBison

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:02 - Jun 5 by DorsetIan

There is a lot of disagreement around this Cummings/Johnson stuff - did Johnson weaken the public health message by refusing to sack Cummings? Would dumb idiots have broken the rules anyway? Are they just now using Cummings as an excuse?

I've made my views on this clear enough already but how about thinking about this...

What would the impact have been had Boris Johnson really taken advantage of the Cummings situation to promote a very strict line. How would things now be if he had sacked Cummings immediately, marched him out out Downing Street with a cardboard box of his belongings and then made an address to the nation stating how seriously the lockdown guidance had to be taken, that EVERYONE had to obey it without exception, and that so serious was the current situation that even his closest, most trusted adviser had to go.

He could have done that. And compare the message that that would have sent out, to what actually happened. You cannot tell me that the difference between those two things would not have made a very significant difference to the public's behaviour.

"You cannot tell me that the difference between those two things would not have made a very significant difference to the public's behaviour."

Ok we are both the public , the whole forum is the public , so let's ask 'the public' if what he did significantly changed our behaviour , I'll start -

No , not one bit. Your go and if yes explain.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:42 - Jun 5 with 990 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:34 - Jun 5 by Bison

"You cannot tell me that the difference between those two things would not have made a very significant difference to the public's behaviour."

Ok we are both the public , the whole forum is the public , so let's ask 'the public' if what he did significantly changed our behaviour , I'll start -

No , not one bit. Your go and if yes explain.

No, it didn't change my behaviour as well.

If anyone was looking for a weak excuse to break lockdown, they were going to do it anyway. We were coming to the end of the period that the government could lockdown for in any case and people were breaking the rules all over the place.

It's only those who oppose the Tory government that seem to think they were going to break their lockdown because of what happened. That says more about them that it does about Cummings.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:58 - Jun 5 with 979 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:42 - Jun 5 by Boris_

No, it didn't change my behaviour as well.

If anyone was looking for a weak excuse to break lockdown, they were going to do it anyway. We were coming to the end of the period that the government could lockdown for in any case and people were breaking the rules all over the place.

It's only those who oppose the Tory government that seem to think they were going to break their lockdown because of what happened. That says more about them that it does about Cummings.

You call me closed minded but you and Bison seem to be dismissing entirely the concepts of social psychology, behavioural science and public health messaging.

Just because you two, me, SoG or any other handful of people you care to name have not changed our behaviour because of Johnson's recklessness means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

We are talking about an English population of 56million people, about 80% of whom are over 16. That's 45million people and how their behaviour as a group changes. If public health messages didn't have an impact on the public's behaviour there are a lot of people with made up jobs out there and a lot of wasted paper on doctor's waiting room walls.

Your arguments about this ignore science and all common sense.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:00 - Jun 5 with 977 viewsSadoldgit

Of course it wouldn’t change your behaviour at all Boris, you are cut from the same cloth as Johnson and Cummings.

To get an unpopular message across to a vast number of people you have to consider and consistent. The minute Johnson failed to act and Cummings refused to resign was the point that the government’s message lost all credibility. How many people continued to heed the rules thereafter isn’t really the man point. The thing is the message they had been trying to get across was completely discredited when the man who helped draft the rules ignored them himself.

As Ian said, if he had been matched out of Downing Street it would have strengthened the message and hopefully more people would have taken notice. Now, as we all know, it is not such a big deal if we follow the rules or not. If we decided to break the rules, it is no more than a big cheese has done, so who gives a stuff?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:10 - Jun 5 with 974 viewsBison

Idiots breaking lockdown on 12:58 - Jun 5 by DorsetIan

You call me closed minded but you and Bison seem to be dismissing entirely the concepts of social psychology, behavioural science and public health messaging.

Just because you two, me, SoG or any other handful of people you care to name have not changed our behaviour because of Johnson's recklessness means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

We are talking about an English population of 56million people, about 80% of whom are over 16. That's 45million people and how their behaviour as a group changes. If public health messages didn't have an impact on the public's behaviour there are a lot of people with made up jobs out there and a lot of wasted paper on doctor's waiting room walls.

Your arguments about this ignore science and all common sense.

I can't ask 56,000,000 people so I asked here which has a varied audience to say the least.

I presume it didn't change your behaviour as you don't come across as the tÅ·pe that would be influenced by such things. That only leads me to think that you look down on your fellow citizens and think they can be influenced , I expected you also think they are playing Xbox all day and wouldn't know who Cummings is anyway so I stand by my point , what he did had no effect , let alone a significant effect on the countries behaviour.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:15 - Jun 5 with 971 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:10 - Jun 5 by Bison

I can't ask 56,000,000 people so I asked here which has a varied audience to say the least.

I presume it didn't change your behaviour as you don't come across as the tÅ·pe that would be influenced by such things. That only leads me to think that you look down on your fellow citizens and think they can be influenced , I expected you also think they are playing Xbox all day and wouldn't know who Cummings is anyway so I stand by my point , what he did had no effect , let alone a significant effect on the countries behaviour.

And my point stands. Why does anyone bother with public health messaging, if according to you, it makes no difference to anyone?

I suppose you think, branding, marketing, advertising, sloganising, propaganda, all has no effect either?

Get real. (And it is not insulting or looking down on anyone to recognise this).

Idiots breaking lockdown on 14:17 - Jun 5 with 959 viewsBison

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:15 - Jun 5 by DorsetIan

And my point stands. Why does anyone bother with public health messaging, if according to you, it makes no difference to anyone?

I suppose you think, branding, marketing, advertising, sloganising, propaganda, all has no effect either?

Get real. (And it is not insulting or looking down on anyone to recognise this).

you may be right but this is not a public health campaign , it may be good reading news but in no way can you call this constant reporting in the publics interest if as you suggest it encourages people to drive 260 miles for no apparent reason.

All I am saying is I don't think what he did made any difference. Maybe you are right and when Mark and Tracy heard the news after driving 130 miles into their 260 mile trip that Cummings had been sacked they turned the car around and went straight home then fair enough.

I really don't give a toss what happens to him but he must be doing a good job , I would be gutted if I lost my job for doing similar. Yes you will say he devised the policy but did he ? Really ? I think you see him as some sort supernatural force steering our lives , I don't , I think they need him to battle Brussels over Brexit. Just be honest and say that's why you don't like him.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 14:38 - Jun 5 with 951 viewsBoris_

Idiots breaking lockdown on 13:15 - Jun 5 by DorsetIan

Dominic Cumbucket did not disregard the rules to the point that Kinnock, Ali and Gardiner did, for example. He didn't breach social distancing rules and he didn't go and live with/see his family when others couldn't. He isolated in his 2nd home.

Labour MP's disregard for the rules was far more blatant than DC's, you just didn't have the hysterical left wing remoaners going after them on a witch hunt because most rational people think Cummings is a bit of a d*ck but overall, it's no big deal.

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:12 - Jun 5 with 941 viewsJaySaint

This would be amazing !

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:13 - Jun 5 with 938 viewsJaySaint

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:15 - Jun 5 with 932 viewsSadoldgit

Idiots breaking lockdown on 14:38 - Jun 5 by Boris_

Dominic Cumbucket did not disregard the rules to the point that Kinnock, Ali and Gardiner did, for example. He didn't breach social distancing rules and he didn't go and live with/see his family when others couldn't. He isolated in his 2nd home.

Labour MP's disregard for the rules was far more blatant than DC's, you just didn't have the hysterical left wing remoaners going after them on a witch hunt because most rational people think Cummings is a bit of a d*ck but overall, it's no big deal.

It’s no big deal when the person who helps write the rules blatantly ignores them. Really?

Didn’t someone else resign because they were found to have visited their second home?

The rules were very clear. If you think you have the virus go straight home and self isolate.

Still, no bad thing that he stays on. He will be a constant noose around Johnson’s neck. No one is going to forget this in a hurry.
Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:17 - Jun 5 with 926 viewsBazza

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:15 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

It’s no big deal when the person who helps write the rules blatantly ignores them. Really?

Didn’t someone else resign because they were found to have visited their second home?

The rules were very clear. If you think you have the virus go straight home and self isolate.

Still, no bad thing that he stays on. He will be a constant noose around Johnson’s neck. No one is going to forget this in a hurry.

Mmm eh urm um............... Forget what?
Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:18 - Jun 5 with 923 viewsBison

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:15 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

Forget what ?

Idiots breaking lockdown on 15:22 - Jun 5 with 918 viewsDorsetIan

Idiots breaking lockdown on 14:17 - Jun 5 by Bison

you may be right but this is not a public health campaign , it may be good reading news but in no way can you call this constant reporting in the publics interest if as you suggest it encourages people to drive 260 miles for no apparent reason.

All I am saying is I don't think what he did made any difference. Maybe you are right and when Mark and Tracy heard the news after driving 130 miles into their 260 mile trip that Cummings had been sacked they turned the car around and went straight home then fair enough.

I really don't give a toss what happens to him but he must be doing a good job , I would be gutted if I lost my job for doing similar. Yes you will say he devised the policy but did he ? Really ? I think you see him as some sort supernatural force steering our lives , I don't , I think they need him to battle Brussels over Brexit. Just be honest and say that's why you don't like him.

I can't keep repeating myself on this. It's not what he did, it's the message that Johnson sent out by not coming down hard on him.

And if you think that this is not a public health campaign, then there's nothing I can say to you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024