Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Restart Fixture List 19:56 - Jun 4 with 1696 viewsBoris_

According to the provisional fixture list that I’ve copped eyes on, we are playing Norwich on Friday 19th at 6pm, before Spurs v Man Utd at 8.

We play Arsenal the following Tuesday at 6pm

Then Watford on Sunday 28th

All on Sky

Edit: Official now.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 20:08]

Poll: Claude Puel

Restart Fixture List on 20:24 - Jun 4 with 1651 viewsSaintsforeverj

Do you have a link for this? Would like to see who is playing when.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Restart Fixture List on 20:31 - Jun 4 with 1640 viewsBoris_

Here it is:

https://ibb.co/g4nvhKg
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 20:32]

Restart Fixture List on 20:52 - Jun 4 with 1605 viewsSaintsforeverj

Restart Fixture List on 20:31 - Jun 4 by Boris_

Here it is:

https://ibb.co/g4nvhKg
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 20:32]

Many thanks

Restart Fixture List on 22:12 - Jun 4 with 1525 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm not paying for Sky, I thought they were going to mostly be free to air!? Or did I misunderstand? (obviously)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Restart Fixture List on 22:22 - Jun 4 with 1515 viewsBoris_

Restart Fixture List on 22:12 - Jun 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm not paying for Sky, I thought they were going to mostly be free to air!? Or did I misunderstand? (obviously)

According to that list, Amazon and BBC have picked up a couple of games that nobody wants and that’s about it.

Some Sky and BT games should be free to air though, perhaps on their YouTube channels?

Restart Fixture List on 23:29 - Jun 4 with 1464 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Restart Fixture List on 22:22 - Jun 4 by Boris_

According to that list, Amazon and BBC have picked up a couple of games that nobody wants and that’s about it.

Some Sky and BT games should be free to air though, perhaps on their YouTube channels?

Hope so - I guess there is always streaming! I guess I misunderstood then, oh well.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Restart Fixture List on 07:21 - Jun 5 with 1375 viewssaint22

Restart Fixture List on 23:29 - Jun 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Hope so - I guess there is always streaming! I guess I misunderstood then, oh well.

This is what restarting has been all about
Tv companies wanting their money’s worth and customers paying again
Restart Fixture List on 08:22 - Jun 5 with 1343 viewsSaintNick

Restart Fixture List on 07:21 - Jun 5 by saint22

This is what restarting has been all about
Tv companies wanting their money’s worth and customers paying again

Before anyone gets on their high horses firstly no one is paying again in that you can have a refund from the club if you want or the money of next season or donate it to charity, in fact just about the only thing you can't do is actually pay twice, you have to allocate the money somewhere.

Secondly of the 92 games, Sky have 64 that consists of the 39 they would have had and therefore paid for and then 25 that they are airing free to view

Amazon have 4 matches and they are making them all free to view and so is the BBC.

BT has the 8 games they would have had plus another 8, but so far they have not made any free to view.

So what is wrong with the TV companies wanting their monies worth, all they have asked for is what they paid for, in essence there are only 8 games being shown that you would not have needed to pay for if the season had completed as normal either by buying a ticket for the game or by subscribing to Sky or BT

The Norwich game is on Sky it's away where is the issue, if it is free to view then then Saints supporters are actually better off.

So our exposure is basically 4 home games where we might have to pay to get it on Sky or BT

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Restart Fixture List on 09:56 - Jun 5 with 1276 viewssaint22

Restart Fixture List on 08:22 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

Before anyone gets on their high horses firstly no one is paying again in that you can have a refund from the club if you want or the money of next season or donate it to charity, in fact just about the only thing you can't do is actually pay twice, you have to allocate the money somewhere.

Secondly of the 92 games, Sky have 64 that consists of the 39 they would have had and therefore paid for and then 25 that they are airing free to view

Amazon have 4 matches and they are making them all free to view and so is the BBC.

BT has the 8 games they would have had plus another 8, but so far they have not made any free to view.

So what is wrong with the TV companies wanting their monies worth, all they have asked for is what they paid for, in essence there are only 8 games being shown that you would not have needed to pay for if the season had completed as normal either by buying a ticket for the game or by subscribing to Sky or BT

The Norwich game is on Sky it's away where is the issue, if it is free to view then then Saints supporters are actually better off.

So our exposure is basically 4 home games where we might have to pay to get it on Sky or BT

the issue is its a faux premier league now which will feature friendly matches with no fans and ultimately the only reason its not been curtailed is purely financial
it should have been canned and all efforts put in to ensure a proper restart for next season come mid august
profit before health, lets just hope no one pays then ultimate price
Restart Fixture List on 11:06 - Jun 5 with 1250 viewsBison

Restart Fixture List on 09:56 - Jun 5 by saint22

the issue is its a faux premier league now which will feature friendly matches with no fans and ultimately the only reason its not been curtailed is purely financial
it should have been canned and all efforts put in to ensure a proper restart for next season come mid august

Can the Guardian prove that ?

Link please.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Restart Fixture List on 12:12 - Jun 5 with 1225 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's actually profit and health. It's as safe as it can be. If we can start the new season mid August, then we can start in June. There are no crowds, all the playing staff and club staff are being tested. We have to try and manage this disease, not cancel life forever. To not complete the season would mean clubs taking legal action for many years to come. Plus,
I haven't heard of anyone in Germany dieing with the virus, and they have had games for 2 weeks now. It will be safe enough.
Just enjoy the live sport that we will have to watch.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 12:14]

Restart Fixture List on 16:08 - Jun 5 with 1171 viewsSadoldgit

Whilst it will be good to see some football again and I am pleased that they are going to try and finish the season, it is going to be very weird. Playing behind closed doors must effect the intensity of the games but what can they do? The alternative is to void the season which they still may have to do if a second wave appears. Anyway, it is happening and it will be interesting to see how it works. With such a long lay off, I wonder if players will be more prone to injuries? Will each team’s form continue or will some improve and some dip?
Restart Fixture List on 16:15 - Jun 5 with 1172 viewsBison

I'm looking forward to it now , I think Saints have a good vibe about them now with the recent good news regarding contracts. I think we will probabally do better than if it was a normal game. Being a betting man I will be backing the underdogs in most games as I think it will effect the bigger teams more. In Germany it seems the home advantage has been wiped out and seeing Saints never seemed to have a home advantage we should do just fine.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Restart Fixture List on 17:14 - Jun 5 with 1142 viewssaint22

Restart Fixture List on 16:15 - Jun 5 by Bison

I'm looking forward to it now , I think Saints have a good vibe about them now with the recent good news regarding contracts. I think we will probabally do better than if it was a normal game. Being a betting man I will be backing the underdogs in most games as I think it will effect the bigger teams more. In Germany it seems the home advantage has been wiped out and seeing Saints never seemed to have a home advantage we should do just fine.

Hopefully we can go out and beat Norwich thus eliminating any chance of us going down, that would be a great way to restart!
Restart Fixture List on 21:15 - Jun 6 with 1037 viewsChesham_Saint

For once, I agree with 22.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024