Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protests Today 19:57 - Jun 6 with 9705 viewsBoris_

Disgusting scenes today in London, scumbags even attacking horses.

But we're all supposed to accept it because they are rioting about an incident in another country 4000 miles away?

Let's see what's on the front pages of the left wing press tomorrow, I bet it won't be pictures of horses coming under attack and a Policeman being knocked off his horse causing the horse to run away in fear?

To think the vast majority of those out protesting today would have had the nerve to be shouting and screaming about Cummings too...

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 19:58]

Poll: Claude Puel

Protests Today on 22:15 - Jun 6 with 1110 viewscocklebreath

Protests Today on 20:40 - Jun 6 by Sadoldgit

The attacks on police horses are indefensible and sadly there are always some morons who just want to cause trouble no matter what the event. I don’t think you can blame the protestors for the policeman who rode into the traffic light though.

The horse was clearly bolting

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Protests Today on 22:20 - Jun 6 with 1103 viewsRon11

Protests Today on 20:46 - Jun 6 by Boris_

There's actually people on Twitter blaming THE HORSES!!!

What a f*cked up generation we're going through.

They should just shoot a few of the fu ckers, then they'd have something cry about.
Protests Today on 00:09 - Jun 7 with 1048 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Protests Today on 20:46 - Jun 6 by Boris_

There's actually people on Twitter blaming THE HORSES!!!

What a f*cked up generation we're going through.

That's because twitter is full of c*nts and knobheads trying to prove how "woke" they are, even though no one has asked them. It's a horrible platform full of strange bullies - deleting my account was the best thing I've done in 2020.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Protests Today on 00:13 - Jun 7 with 1033 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 22:15 - Jun 6 by cocklebreath

The horse was clearly bolting

Bolted into a protester apparently.
Protests Today on 00:15 - Jun 7 with 1031 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 22:15 - Jun 6 by Bazza

and the Guardian and the Independent and the Daily Worker

The Guardian really isn’t a left wing newspaper. You clearly don’t read it or you will know what a hard time it gave to Corbyn.
Protests Today on 00:16 - Jun 7 with 1045 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Protests Today on 00:13 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

*rioter

It bolted as it was scared by the c*nts throwing stuff around and rioting. No defence for doing that. Poor animal.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Protests Today on 00:19 - Jun 7 with 1029 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 21:14 - Jun 6 by Chesham_Saint

Really? Show me one editorial in the Guardian supporting a Tory government. Go on. Just one. It's clearly a Labour backing paper which is fair enough. Saying otherwise would be like citing the Telegraph as supporting the Lib Dems or Labour. It simply doesn't.

It didn’t support Corbyn. Just because it doesn’t suck up to the Tories doesn’t mean it is a Labour paper. It is owned by a Trust whose sole purpose it to ensure that the editor is chosen for impartiality. It clearly has social values but that doesn’t mean it is a Labour paper, it is just more likely to support social issues.
Protests Today on 00:22 - Jun 7 with 1028 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 00:16 - Jun 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

*rioter

It bolted as it was scared by the c*nts throwing stuff around and rioting. No defence for doing that. Poor animal.

Did the person it ran into throw stuff at it? There is a big difference between people protesting peacefully and those just there to make trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

Protests Today on 00:24 - Jun 7 with 1028 viewsSadoldgit

Protests Today on 22:20 - Jun 6 by Ron11

They should just shoot a few of the fu ckers, then they'd have something cry about.

Perhaps you would be more at home in America Ron?

Just a thought, how would you feel about things if you had been born a black person?
Protests Today on 00:34 - Jun 7 with 1034 views1885_SFC

Protests Today on 22:20 - Jun 6 by Ron11

The perfect response...

Old School is Cool

Protests Today on 04:47 - Jun 7 with 997 viewsBicester_North

Protests Today on 00:13 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

So, they threw bikes and other objects at horses and one bolted, injuring a copper (could’ve easily killed her or another protester). Meanwhile, they’ve likely spread any Covid-19 they had all over the shop.
These demonstrators were largely bandwagon jumping c*nts who may kill more of the people they are supposedly supporting.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 6:32]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Protests Today on 07:54 - Jun 7 with 962 viewssaint68

Protests Today on 04:47 - Jun 7 by Bicester_North

So, they threw bikes and other objects at horses and one bolted, injuring a copper (could’ve easily killed her or another protester). Meanwhile, they’ve likely spread any Covid-19 they had all over the shop.
These demonstrators were largely bandwagon jumping c*nts who may kill more of the people they are supposedly supporting.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 6:32]

Can you imagine in say 2 weeks time when all of a sudden thousands of black people start dying due to these mass gatherings, I wonder who the snowflakes will turn on then?

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Protests Today on 08:14 - Jun 7 with 949 viewsJaySaint

Guardian isn't left wing lol

The paper's readership is generally on the mainstream left of British political opinion, and its reputation as a platform for liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often-pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or "politically correct" tendencies.

didnt support Corbyn - well, not directly in 2019....

At the 2015 election, the paper switched its support to the Labour Party. ... Despite this critical position, in the 2017 election The Guardian endorsed the Labour Party. In the 2019 European election The Guardian invited its readers to vote for pro-EU candidates, without endorsing specific parties.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Protests Today on 09:00 - Jun 7 with 929 viewssolent_toffee

Protests Today on 20:29 - Jun 6 by Boris_

I've put him on ignore now. He is clearly a troll.

The scenes today are absolutely sickening and indefensible and that's without even considering the lack of social distancing by the very same people that were crying about Cummings.

Remember the outrage when one football fan took a swing at a horse? Then you see these pictures of horses coming under constant attack from 100+ 'protesters' launching bikes in to horses and throwing missiles, causing one of them to bolt for his live and seriously injure a policeman.

Imagine if that was football fans?!
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 20:31]

Why on earth would anyone take a push bike to a Raleigh.
Protests Today on 09:03 - Jun 7 with 928 viewsDorsetIan

The irony of people going on ‘black lives matter’ marches, thereby risking those same lives to Covid is not lost on me, and personally I won’t be joining any marches.

The only explanation I can give is that the issue of racism is usually just bubbling away under the surface, with no one doing anything about systematic change. And sometimes change only comes because of particular pressure at particular moments in history.

In the States particularly, and with such a tone deaf president in charge, I get the impression that black people feel that this is one of those moments and that they aren’t going to let it pass, Covid or no Covid. Same motivation here perhaps.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Protests Today on 09:19 - Jun 7 with 911 viewsChesham_Saint

Protests Today on 09:03 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

The irony of people going on ‘black lives matter’ marches, thereby risking those same lives to Covid is not lost on me, and personally I won’t be joining any marches.

The only explanation I can give is that the issue of racism is usually just bubbling away under the surface, with no one doing anything about systematic change. And sometimes change only comes because of particular pressure at particular moments in history.

In the States particularly, and with such a tone deaf president in charge, I get the impression that black people feel that this is one of those moments and that they aren’t going to let it pass, Covid or no Covid. Same motivation here perhaps.

Ian, As I said on another thread in a reply to 22, could you please list examples of systemic and institutional racism in the UK? I don’t mean generalising from the particular, I mean those rules which essentially constitute a hidden apartheid here.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Protests Today on 09:21 - Jun 7 with 908 viewssaint68

Protests Today on 09:00 - Jun 7 by solent_toffee

Why on earth would anyone take a push bike to a Raleigh.

😂🤣

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Protests Today on 09:29 - Jun 7 with 904 viewsareasix

My wife goes in every shift not knowing whether she will get the virus as an ICU nurse with the news yesterday that 5 of her colleagues are carriers and gone into self isolation and then she came home and watched the news. She cried in front of me in sheer frustration that the protesters are supporting a very valid cause but more will die from that March alone then any police killings as only 50% are surviving icu at present and how many have come into contact with covid yesterday at the March , idiots and how many will they spread it to , the nhs is already planning another spike in 10 days looks like another one 11 days after that.
You can meet up with 6 people not 6006.
There must be safer ways to protest!,
Protests Today on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 861 viewsDorsetIan

Protests Today on 09:19 - Jun 7 by Chesham_Saint

Ian, As I said on another thread in a reply to 22, could you please list examples of systemic and institutional racism in the UK? I don’t mean generalising from the particular, I mean those rules which essentially constitute a hidden apartheid here.

Good morning Chesh. Good to see you back on here - have you been away?

Well clearly the legal system cannot discriminate - we have anti-discrimination laws to deal with that (and also the Human Rights Act ensures that all new legislation has to be compliant with Human Rights law). And for what it's worth, I believe that the same goes for the US too.

If you want to stop there and say that that means neither the US or the UK can be systematically or institutionally racist, then I can't really argue with you.

The counter argument is that it is not just the letter of the law that counts. The lived experience of the law is equally relevant and then you would start looking at the disproportionate numbers of people being stopped, or arrested, or charged, or sent down or - particularly in the US (but not exclusively) killed by excessive use of force by the police. And then I think it would be reasonable to say that nothwithstanding the idea of equality before the law, that something is still askew.

Protests Today on 10:24 - Jun 7 with 853 viewsRon11

Protests Today on 00:24 - Jun 7 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps you would be more at home in America Ron?

Just a thought, how would you feel about things if you had been born a black person?

When I made my comment, where'd I say shoot just black people? there were plenty of white agitators in there too.
As I've posted elsewhere, I lived and worked in Nigeria for over five years, training local lads as oil and gas mechanics while working for Exxon. I still count many of them as friends...during that time (including being taken hostage for a week) I learned a lot about them as fellow human beings. Just like any other race there are good and bad - like most other places, crime levels are driven by necessity as in having no job, or no chance of a job for example.

Sadly in this country, that is not the case, and it's steadily getting worse. Look at the knife crime over the last couple of years it's mostly black youths killing black youths. It's easier to make quick money dealing drugs. And they wonder why police stop and search more black people than they do white, while at the same time failing to understand that all that negativity fuels racism.
They talk about 'police brutality' ...well when I was a 'youth' we were all very wary of being nicked, because we knew we were going to be 'roughed up' with nothing said. I well remember being arrested and having my head bashed against the car roof, then down at the nick 'you've got a cut on your head mate, how did you that?' The result? We kept well away from crime or arrest.

These days, it's 'can you get in the car for me please sir?'. Police brutality - why attack a police horse like that? No there word for it - savages, black and white.
Short memories - 'Blakelock tripped, fell and was surrounded by a mob with machetes, knives and other weapons who attempted to decapitate him, resulting in his death. Following the murder, Bernie Grant, labour MP for Tottenham said, 'the youth gave the police a bloody good hiding'.

Has anything changed since then? I'm not a racist, I just see it as it is.
Protests Today on 10:27 - Jun 7 with 841 viewsJaySaint

2 unarmed people were killed by police in the UK over the whole of 2019

one of those was a terrorist (London Bridge)

meanwhile, gangs in London are killing each other, and that is my fault because I am white?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Protests Today on 11:04 - Jun 7 with 811 viewsDorsetIan

These racism threads on here get very polarised very quickly.

I was speaking to a US friend on Thursday. He's a bit of a hippy, but he said that nothing will change until each side does the thing that is most difficult for them to do. Thus, one side needs to acknowledge that there is a racism problem and the other side needs to acknowledge that racism can be used as an excuse.

I don't know if he's right, but if this forum is an example of wider attitudes then bunkering down into our polarised but sincerely held positions seems unlikely to be able to achieve anything.

Protests Today on 11:10 - Jun 7 with 804 viewsBoris_

Nobody seems to want to talk about the scummy past of George Flloyd, being imprisoned 5 times and once for an armed robbery where he held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman whilst he went on to rob her house.

Poll: Claude Puel

Protests Today on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 795 viewsNewdawn2014

Its twitter ! anyone can post any old shite and they do , some of them live their whole world through social media, this poor thing may never have seen a horse in real life .
Protests Today on 11:20 - Jun 7 with 790 viewsChesham_Saint

Protests Today on 10:17 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

Good morning Chesh. Good to see you back on here - have you been away?

Well clearly the legal system cannot discriminate - we have anti-discrimination laws to deal with that (and also the Human Rights Act ensures that all new legislation has to be compliant with Human Rights law). And for what it's worth, I believe that the same goes for the US too.

If you want to stop there and say that that means neither the US or the UK can be systematically or institutionally racist, then I can't really argue with you.

The counter argument is that it is not just the letter of the law that counts. The lived experience of the law is equally relevant and then you would start looking at the disproportionate numbers of people being stopped, or arrested, or charged, or sent down or - particularly in the US (but not exclusively) killed by excessive use of force by the police. And then I think it would be reasonable to say that nothwithstanding the idea of equality before the law, that something is still askew.

Hi Ian, yes it’s been a while. I just saw no point in taking part in the Piers Morgan style endless Government bashing on here, when I think the truth is that any government of any political stripe would have had massive difficulty with the pandemic. BLM is a different issue.

Your first 2 paragraphs — I agree.

Your points about the “lived experience” are interesting. I'm of the view that sadly it’s never going to be a perfect world (although we have to try). Secondly, the vast majority of British people are basically reasonable, don’t like bullies and just want to get on with their lives. In short, whilst there inevitably many, many cases of racism, there are an almost infinite number of times when this doesn’t happen and people just get on and work, live and love together. In other words, the UK problem is not the US problem in scale or intent.

The reality is that the US is a very different country. If anyone assumes they're ‘just like us’ because they look similar and have a common language, they're wrong. Their views on religion, health and the penal system for example, are off the scale compared to us. This isn’t a view confined to red necks; in my experience business people (Republican and Democrat alike) support a lot of that too.

Back to the UK experience and our police. Like many, I’ve experienced first hand their over-use of force and although they employ quite a few dick heads, overall they do a good job in very difficult circumstances. Try comparing them to France, Japan or Hong Kong for example.

The bottom line for me is that in the UK right now the virus rules out mass demonstrations — particularly when a lot of it is people politically posturing (Barry Gardiner anyone?).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024