Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoffs 17:16 - Jun 9 with 10114 viewsShun

Who are we having then?

League Two:
Cheltenham, Exeter, Colchester, Northampton

I think Cheltenham will win, they’re the best of the four and they play some really nice stuff. Although my preference would be Northampton. Always had a soft spot for them.

League One:
Wycombe, Oxford, Fleetwood, Portsmouth

I kind of hope Wycombe do it just to see Peterborough’s chairman explode. It’d be nice to see a small club get promoted too. Although I’ll be glad to see the back of Portsmouth - they always hammer us down there and their fans seem just as deluded as any other big club in the lower leagues.
Playoffs on 17:19 - Jun 9 with 5348 viewsjudd

Yeah, Wycombe and their American owner.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Playoffs on 17:38 - Jun 9 with 5294 viewsjonahwhereru

Selfishly I would like Colchester to come up. Easy for me to get to and in recent years we have done ok there. Even saw andrewS score a belter there once.
Playoffs on 17:44 - Jun 9 with 5260 viewsTVOS1907

Anybody but Fleetwood for me in League One.

Can't comment on League Two as I've only seen all the teams on Quest, but if pushed, Northampton is closer!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Playoffs on 17:51 - Jun 9 with 5233 viewsNorthernDale

Colchester have released 16 players, including some of their better players to save money, so what sot of team would they put out in the playoffs?
Playoffs on 17:55 - Jun 9 with 5214 viewsfermin

Exeter to come up as it is a nice place to visit and they have redeveloped their ground - we would now have a covered terrace: https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/tickets/first-visit/

Not bothered who goes up from League 1.

I hope we play at Wimbledon after they move in and fans are allowed in as that would be a new ground for all of us.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/june/circle-in-on-our-new-home/
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 17:56]
Playoffs on 17:56 - Jun 9 with 5203 viewsisitme

Portsmouth and Northampton for the reasons others have already said.
Playoffs on 18:11 - Jun 9 with 5152 viewsAtThePeake

Playoffs on 17:56 - Jun 9 by isitme

Portsmouth and Northampton for the reasons others have already said.

Portsmouth for the same reason for me.

Anyone but Northampton from L2 as that's the only ground of the four that I've already been to.

Tangled up in blue.

Playoffs on 19:03 - Jun 9 with 5022 viewsDevonDale

Exeter to come up for me - 11 miles to my nearest away trip of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Playoffs on 19:23 - Jun 9 with 4975 viewsboromat

I'd like Exeter to take the step they've played good football for several years now without being able to make it successful in terms of promotion. Might be their year.

And for league one I think I'd like Oxford to get back up there. Can't imagine Wycombe would cope with the Championship and I'm not too fond of the other two for no good reason.

However I think this gap in the season makes this year's play offs more of a lottery than ever, it could be perfect for a team like Wycombe who were to some extent falling down the table.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Playoffs on 19:38 - Jun 9 with 4923 viewsD_Alien

Playoffs on 19:23 - Jun 9 by boromat

I'd like Exeter to take the step they've played good football for several years now without being able to make it successful in terms of promotion. Might be their year.

And for league one I think I'd like Oxford to get back up there. Can't imagine Wycombe would cope with the Championship and I'm not too fond of the other two for no good reason.

However I think this gap in the season makes this year's play offs more of a lottery than ever, it could be perfect for a team like Wycombe who were to some extent falling down the table.

Agree about Wycombe. They play no-nonsense percentage football, and it'd be much easier to settle into that than trying to recapture a more expansive footballing rhythm in the short time available

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Playoffs on 20:04 - Jun 9 with 4873 viewsncfc_chalky

I don't think that I could take it if Forest got promoted to the Premier League

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Playoffs on 20:09 - Jun 9 with 4847 viewsTVOS1907

Playoffs on 20:04 - Jun 9 by ncfc_chalky

I don't think that I could take it if Forest got promoted to the Premier League

Hopefully they will via the play-offs.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Playoffs on 23:16 - Jun 9 with 4692 viewsblackdogblue

Playoffs on 20:09 - Jun 9 by TVOS1907

Hopefully they will via the play-offs.

I hope Wycombe if I’m honest, a good few years ago now they asked my boy to take a penalty at half time. He spent the half time on the pitch & at the end gave him a really nice goody bag... Friendly ground, parking was easy & a good day out with a family ticket option.

Hat off to their Football in the Community team, they made his away day & a credit to them 👍

Saying that, he was at an Exeter game in the old standing area behind the net with the singers from our lot & in the excitement he got knocked over, credit to our guys, the guy that did it felt so guilty organised a whip round to get him some sweets & he ended up with about £20 😀, happy memories of a league 2 promotion season 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Playoffs on 23:53 - Jun 9 with 4656 viewsBrierls

League Two...I’d like Exeter to come up.
League One...I’d like to see Portsmouth stay and Fleetwood preferably. Wycombe and particularly Oxford aren’t happy hunting grounds for us.
Playoffs on 01:13 - Jun 10 with 4611 viewssxdale

Playoffs on 17:38 - Jun 9 by jonahwhereru

Selfishly I would like Colchester to come up. Easy for me to get to and in recent years we have done ok there. Even saw andrewS score a belter there once.

Colchester for me as well 20 mins on the train, now that I've lost me Southend fixture need summat local. At least got to wind up several of me students who were giving it large before the game
Playoffs on 01:55 - Jun 10 with 4595 viewsYadHoDale

Wycombe to go up, purely to see the terror on the faces of hoity toity championship defenders faced with Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Charlton (basket case), Wigan (meh), Middlesbrough (to wind up my Smoggy mates) to come and join us.

Col Ewe seem the least likely to be any good, so they can come up for a season.
Playoffs on 09:31 - Jun 10 with 4442 views1997Dale

I'd like to see Oxford go up, I always find it a rather soulless away day located on the bizzare retail park.

I have great memories of some goals and games at Cheltenham and have family in the proximity so for me it would be great if they could come back up.
Playoffs on 17:26 - Jun 10 with 4319 viewsblackdogblue

Playoffs on 09:31 - Jun 10 by 1997Dale

I'd like to see Oxford go up, I always find it a rather soulless away day located on the bizzare retail park.

I have great memories of some goals and games at Cheltenham and have family in the proximity so for me it would be great if they could come back up.

That’s probably one of the few remaining grounds we can sing “we’ve got more stands then you”, saying that if Biffos came up we could sing “we OWN more stands than you” 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Playoffs on 18:17 - Jun 10 with 4275 viewsfinberty

Ah the Biffos:

'We're...taking over your town...tonight'.

Right up until Hendo slotted it past their keeper.
Playoffs on 18:34 - Jun 10 with 4248 views442Dale

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/portsmouth-fc-statement-covid-19-t

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Playoffs on 14:08 - Jun 11 with 4089 viewsJames1980

If Portsmouth go up hopefully Cannon will be a stand out player in the championship and adds on here we come.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Playoffs on 16:21 - Jun 12 with 3982 viewsEllDale

Who would we like to come down?

In terms of crowds once we're allowed to open stadiums Barnsley (sorry Whitey), Wigan and Huddersfield would be nice.

Certainly not Luton and I wouldn't be too keen on Stoke.
Playoffs on 22:40 - Jun 19 with 3806 viewsShun

Macclesfield receive a two-point deduction, meaning they finish one point above Stevenage and stay up at their expense.
Playoffs on 23:32 - Jun 19 with 3748 viewsncfc_chalky

Playoffs on 22:40 - Jun 19 by Shun

Macclesfield receive a two-point deduction, meaning they finish one point above Stevenage and stay up at their expense.

Does anybody know if Sol is still persuing them for lose of wages?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Playoffs on 01:09 - Jun 20 with 3715 viewsDiddyDave

Playoffs on 23:53 - Jun 9 by Brierls

League Two...I’d like Exeter to come up.
League One...I’d like to see Portsmouth stay and Fleetwood preferably. Wycombe and particularly Oxford aren’t happy hunting grounds for us.

Don`t think any grounds are happy hunting ones for Dale are there? Maybe Accy in recent years,but can`t think of any others and that goes back decades.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024