Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raab 14:17 - Jun 18 with 4845 viewssaint22

"i only take the knee for the Queen and the Mrs""
WAC
Shows exactly how pathetically out of touch he and this govt are
FFS even if you are to THINK that way keep quiet, especially in a so called power position
Imbecile
Raab on 14:40 - Jun 18 with 1800 viewsBison

Happy Waterloo day Saint22 , which was your favourite ? Mine was the blonde.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Raab on 15:20 - Jun 18 with 1763 viewskingslandstand1

"FFS even if you are to THINK that way keep quiet"

Think that may be me then, but please don't call me a C for thinking along those lines as most people are that disagree with your political ways. I am 100% behind the reasoning for the campaign but do not feel the need to go down on one knee to show that
Raab on 15:26 - Jun 18 with 1749 viewssaint22

Raab on 15:20 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

Think that may be me then, but please don't call me a C for thinking along those lines as most people are that disagree with your political ways. I am 100% behind the reasoning for the campaign but do not feel the need to go down on one knee to show that

I didnt call you it did I?
I said he was and also are you an MP who has been preaching to us daily?
Raab on 15:39 - Jun 18 with 1735 viewsgrumpy

Raab on 14:40 - Jun 18 by Bison

Well that cheered a wet day up.....
Raab on 15:54 - Jun 18 with 1720 viewskingslandstand1

Raab on 15:26 - Jun 18 by saint22

I didnt call you it did I?
I said he was and also are you an MP who has been preaching to us daily?

I didn't say you did, it's just that why should anyone go down on one knee to show that you believe in a cause
And there is absolutely no way would I even consider wanting to be an MP, I'm too honest! What about you with your strong views, have you considered entering politics or are you already a fully paid up member with ambitions of going further?
Raab on 16:58 - Jun 18 with 1680 viewssaint22

Raab on 15:54 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

I didn't say you did, it's just that why should anyone go down on one knee to show that you believe in a cause
And there is absolutely no way would I even consider wanting to be an MP, I'm too honest! What about you with your strong views, have you considered entering politics or are you already a fully paid up member with ambitions of going further?

But how can he not support a cause that fights to empower black people and stamp out systemic and endemic racism?
as a politician and someone in a position to make a difference he should be fighting for that cause
He can't because he is another privileged posh boy who has no care for how 99% of the population live
Raab on 17:04 - Jun 18 with 1671 viewskingslandstand1

Raab on 16:58 - Jun 18 by saint22

But how can he not support a cause that fights to empower black people and stamp out systemic and endemic racism?
as a politician and someone in a position to make a difference he should be fighting for that cause
He can't because he is another privileged posh boy who has no care for how 99% of the population live

But did he actually say he does not support that cause or will fight for it? I don't know, you quoted him as just saying he wouldn't go down on one knee, not that he doesn't support or will support the cause
Raab on 17:25 - Jun 18 with 1652 viewsgeezershoong1

You took a snippet if what he said but didn't have the balls to quote the rest.

Kudos for not screaming 'Racist!', but you really wanted to, didn't you?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Raab on 17:34 - Jun 18 with 1640 viewsBicester_North

What an utter bandwagon jumping plum you really are. Perfectly easy to support a cause without having to be pressurised fascist style into copying an American footballer.
You’re just on one of your weird little attention seeking wind ups.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 17:35]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Raab on 17:47 - Jun 18 with 1623 viewsRednWight

Raab on 14:40 - Jun 18 by Bison

Bjorn or the other one ?

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Raab on 17:55 - Jun 18 with 1615 viewsA1079

I was wondering last night, what if you are a player that does not want to engage in this "Take the Knee" event? I was thinking, if it was me, I would not want to engage in it, yet if any footballer out of a team did not wish to, they would not stand a chance would they (imagine if just one player last night did not take part - could you imagine the noise today across the media and various action groups)? They would be pilloried by the great and the not so good, the media et al. They would probably have to go into hiding. Would his own rights or views be respected? - I doubt it.

I am sorry, I cannot stand this latest contrived PR symbolism. "Taking the Knee" does not prove or disprove whether or not you are less of a racist than anyone else. You may not (like me) agree with this kind of symbolism but in my everyday life I like to think I see people as people and it is my actions or the actions of a person and the character of a person that is far greater than cheap contrived PR stunts. This may not be an exact quote as I have not bothered to check, but Martin Luther King said something along the lines that he dreams of a day where a person is judged by their character rather than by the colour of their skin.

Almost being forced to do something because if you don't, you will be seen in a negative manner is no better than the many decades and centuries ago when people felt forced to go to Church otherwise they must be bad people - never mind that all sorts of crimes and injustices were taking place in the name of religion.

We spoke about Rashford this week and there was one example of making a case, a point and acting upon it in a grown up, mature and sensible fashion - win people over by action, not symbolism. Whether it is Black Lives Matter, Climate change or whatever, a cause is not advanced by 2 or 3 weeks of bandwagon jumping high octance short periods of outbursts which often detracts from the core of the issue. Sustained pressure and persuasion of an argument and evolving a cause step by step usually results in long lasting change and benefits.
Raab on 18:14 - Jun 18 with 1593 viewsBicester_North

Raab on 17:55 - Jun 18 by A1079

I was wondering last night, what if you are a player that does not want to engage in this "Take the Knee" event? I was thinking, if it was me, I would not want to engage in it, yet if any footballer out of a team did not wish to, they would not stand a chance would they (imagine if just one player last night did not take part - could you imagine the noise today across the media and various action groups)? They would be pilloried by the great and the not so good, the media et al. They would probably have to go into hiding. Would his own rights or views be respected? - I doubt it.

I am sorry, I cannot stand this latest contrived PR symbolism. "Taking the Knee" does not prove or disprove whether or not you are less of a racist than anyone else. You may not (like me) agree with this kind of symbolism but in my everyday life I like to think I see people as people and it is my actions or the actions of a person and the character of a person that is far greater than cheap contrived PR stunts. This may not be an exact quote as I have not bothered to check, but Martin Luther King said something along the lines that he dreams of a day where a person is judged by their character rather than by the colour of their skin.

Almost being forced to do something because if you don't, you will be seen in a negative manner is no better than the many decades and centuries ago when people felt forced to go to Church otherwise they must be bad people - never mind that all sorts of crimes and injustices were taking place in the name of religion.

We spoke about Rashford this week and there was one example of making a case, a point and acting upon it in a grown up, mature and sensible fashion - win people over by action, not symbolism. Whether it is Black Lives Matter, Climate change or whatever, a cause is not advanced by 2 or 3 weeks of bandwagon jumping high octance short periods of outbursts which often detracts from the core of the issue. Sustained pressure and persuasion of an argument and evolving a cause step by step usually results in long lasting change and benefits.

You’ve summed it up an absolute treat.

Raab on 18:15 - Jun 18 with 1594 viewssaint22

Its a show of support
If you are the kind of person who does things for causes you don't really believe in then thats pathetic anyway, whatever the cause
the point here is that you are showing your support for an important cause to fight against systemic racism within society
Yes fair enough if you don't believe in that then don't take the knee, my point is that a person in such powerful position damn well should believe in such an important cause because if they don't then why not?
I notice he has now come out to say he does believe in the cause, another U turn though not enough to take a knee
Raab on 18:19 - Jun 18 with 1588 viewsBicester_North

Raab on 18:15 - Jun 18 by saint22

Its a show of support
If you are the kind of person who does things for causes you don't really believe in then thats pathetic anyway, whatever the cause
the point here is that you are showing your support for an important cause to fight against systemic racism within society
Yes fair enough if you don't believe in that then don't take the knee, my point is that a person in such powerful position damn well should believe in such an important cause because if they don't then why not?
I notice he has now come out to say he does believe in the cause, another U turn though not enough to take a knee

You spend as much time as you want on your knee then Lauren. There are even loads of black British people who aren’t interested in doing it, are they therefore anti black?

Raab on 18:39 - Jun 18 with 1565 viewsBazza

A1079 is spot on. As a show of support it's a matter of personal choice. If I was a player I'd probably feel obliged to do it. Otherwise I'd prefer not to do it since I have no strong knowledge of the people behind BLM so I prefer All Lives Matter.
Raab on 19:05 - Jun 18 with 1536 viewsBuggalugs

Raab on 18:19 - Jun 18 by Bicester_North

You spend as much time as you want on your knee then Lauren. There are even loads of black British people who aren’t interested in doing it, are they therefore anti black?

I would imagine he’s taken to both knees on many occasions.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Raab on 19:09 - Jun 18 with 1517 viewsSadoldgit

When Paul McCartney proposed to Heather Mills, did he go down on one knee? ( think about it).

I couldn’t go down one knee even if I wanted too thanks to old footy injuries but have been thinking about it for a few days. If you want to show solidarity by a gesture at least this is a passive one, unlike the clenched fist on raised arm of the old black power salute.
Raab on 19:11 - Jun 18 with 1528 viewssaint22

Raab on 18:39 - Jun 18 by Bazza

A1079 is spot on. As a show of support it's a matter of personal choice. If I was a player I'd probably feel obliged to do it. Otherwise I'd prefer not to do it since I have no strong knowledge of the people behind BLM so I prefer All Lives Matter.

Yes agreed it is a personal choice
My point was more the fact that yet again this government and its muppet excuses for MP's that preach to us daily have shown themselves yet again to be out of touch, ignorant and stupid

"Taking the knee began in 2016 with American athletes refusing to stand for US national anthem.
"They were protesting police brutality and racism. But Dominic Raab thinks it comes from Game of Thrones!"
Raab on 19:20 - Jun 18 with 1517 viewsBicester_North

Raab on 19:11 - Jun 18 by saint22

My point was more the fact that yet again this government and its muppet excuses for MP's that preach to us daily have shown themselves yet again to be out of touch, ignorant and stupid

"Taking the knee began in 2016 with American athletes refusing to stand for US national anthem.
"They were protesting police brutality and racism. But Dominic Raab thinks it comes from Game of Thrones!"

OUTRAGE!!!

Raab on 19:30 - Jun 18 with 1509 viewssaint68

Fully concur ..seems we all have to think and feel the same nowadays .that in itself reflects the goings on in Germany in the early stages of the last century..now I've heard that such actions are that of Nazism..what a quandary.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Raab on 19:34 - Jun 18 with 1506 viewsBazza

Raab on 19:11 - Jun 18 by saint22

So they refused to stand for their US Anthem. Exactly why I wouldn’t feel comfortable with showing support to BLM.
Raab on 19:49 - Jun 18 with 1489 viewssaint68

Raab on 18:15 - Jun 18 by saint22

Its a show of support

No 22, its mass coercion and very very disturbing..tow the party lines or suffer

Raab on 19:50 - Jun 18 with 1486 viewssaint68

Raab on 19:05 - Jun 18 by Buggalugs

I would imagine he’s taken to both knees on many occasions.

Ooohhh that's nasty😉

Raab on 20:33 - Jun 18 with 1454 viewsDorsetIan

I think I must have missed something today.

Has a footballer lost their livelihood for refusing to take the knee?

Whereas Colin Kaepernick who took the knee when he wasn't supposed to during the US national anthem, hasn't worked in the NFL since 2016.

If there are footballers out there who are vehemently opposed to anti-racism or BLM in particular, I would encourage them to have courage of their convictions like Colin Keapernick did, and refuse to take the knee.

It's no different to those footballers who sing, stretch and whistle during minutes' silences at the start of games. The peer pressure for them to stand there like a muppets for people they never knew is a totalitarian slippery slope. Fair play to all of them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Raab on 20:35 - Jun 18 with 1452 viewssaint68

Once again a superb post Sir.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024