Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Chairman 16:03 - Jun 22 with 19242 viewsfitzochris

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Statement from the Chairman on 16:05 - Jun 22 with 8099 viewsoddjob007

Sounds like Hendo wanted his cake, and to eat it.

If what the Chairman says is true, Hendo does come across as a bit of an a*sehole.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 16:06]
Statement from the Chairman on 16:08 - Jun 22 with 8058 viewsEllDale

Wow.
That puts the cat amongst the pigeons.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:12 - Jun 22 with 7999 viewsDalenet

No way back from that then. Shame really. Need to move on
Statement from the Chairman on 16:16 - Jun 22 with 7950 viewsSandyman

Statement from the Chairman on 16:12 - Jun 22 by Dalenet

No way back from that then. Shame really. Need to move on

Beat me to it.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:17 - Jun 22 with 7932 viewsAtThePeake

Still a legend for everything he did on the pitch.

Handled this situation terribly off it and purposefully threw shade on the club despite 'not holding a grudge.'

A real shame, but as others have said, time to move on. Thanks for everything Hendo.

Tangled up in blue.

Statement from the Chairman on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 7902 viewsjudd

Cracking statement.

Well done the club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement from the Chairman on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 7863 viewsBrierls

A very solid statement. Mr Kilpatrick should talk more.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:32 - Jun 22 with 7759 viewsblackdogblue

Statement from the Chairman on 16:08 - Jun 22 by EllDale

Wow.
That puts the cat amongst the pigeons.

Yep, depends on the definition between “minor details” & “demands”...

Also the quote about looking at other opportunities could have been interpreted two ways, lack of loyalty or a push to get something signed...

I look at Jobsite (not in work or on company equipment), and as such they can’t sack me for looking... A good few years ago (ffs nearly 13 years ago now 😢 getting old) I wasn’t particularly happy in my job as only been there a couple of months and they sacked my MD who had recruited me (& I knew the guy as they were a supplier to my previous company which closed down) I made a few calls & got another job so resigned. To my surprise the new MD made me a substantial counter offer to stay so I did.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 16:33]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from the Chairman on 16:34 - Jun 22 with 7737 views1907

I’ve felt sick for days since reading Henderson’s post. Great job Mr Chairman getting this statement out today. I feel much more relieved and assured than I did over the weekend.

Hendo - what the hell were you trying to achieve? You knew that post would cause chaos. You say you love the club but the financial implications of fans boycotting the club due to the manipulation of your situation could have been catastrophic. Once the dust settles i sincerely hope you issue some form of apology.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:34 - Jun 22 with 7731 viewsjustanillusion

Good statement and sound desicions made by those in charge..always two sides to a story
Statement from the Chairman on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 7683 viewsdavidab2202

As in all these matters there are always two sides to a story and possibly neither side comes out on the credit side of the situation with perhaps Agents playing both sides off against the middle and as a result we lose a fine servant ,but from Henderson's point of view he has missed out on a reasonable contract which he may struggle to replicate in these uncertain times.
Will always fondly remember Henderson's achievements with the club and wish him nothing but the best for his future in the game
Statement from the Chairman on 16:38 - Jun 22 with 7675 viewsblackdogblue

Forgot to add..,

When he says fans comments, does he mean our Forum or Twitter?

For those of you who don’t tweet, looking at the replies on the club one, they are pretty much 50/50 & only a few asking for answers including mine 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Statement from the Chairman on 16:41 - Jun 22 with 7630 viewsD_Alien

Statement from the Chairman on 16:23 - Jun 22 by Brierls

A very solid statement. Mr Kilpatrick should talk more.

Could be wrong, and whilst i'd welcome more visible input from the Chairman, this statement won't just be his own work

Still, if it achieves what it sets out to do - sets the record straight - it'll do me

The aspect that's most concerned me is how the remaining squad might be affected if they perceived the club to have done Hendo a disservice. Hopefully, that's not how it'll be seen and we're not the only ones who can move on

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Statement from the Chairman on 16:44 - Jun 22 with 7598 viewsMancDale

Glad that the club has given some clarity on the situation but sad that it basically means there's no chance of Hendo playing for the club again. Just wish all of this had been kept private. Hendo really should've just kept his mouth shut.
Statement from the Chairman on 16:54 - Jun 22 with 7503 viewsfrenzied

A case of the dog wagging the tail and not vice versa.

Thanks for the statement..now lets move on
Statement from the Chairman on 16:55 - Jun 22 with 7493 viewsAtThePeake

Statement from the Chairman on 16:38 - Jun 22 by blackdogblue

Forgot to add..,

When he says fans comments, does he mean our Forum or Twitter?

For those of you who don’t tweet, looking at the replies on the club one, they are pretty much 50/50 & only a few asking for answers including mine 😀

Certain Facebook groups are included in that I'm sure.

Tangled up in blue.

Statement from the Chairman on 17:04 - Jun 22 with 7401 viewskel

“In some instances, this has resulted in inappropriate comments and threats being posted online and in some cases to Board members personally.”

Anyone who has made alleged threats is a fookin bellend. Grow up.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:11 - Jun 22 with 7322 viewsShun

Really good statement and it’s just what was needed, well done the club. Henderson will always be a club legend and one of my favourite ever players, and it’s a real shame his time ended in this way, but I now believe the club acted rightly and bear them no ill will on this subject.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:12 - Jun 22 with 7317 viewsroccydaleian

Statement from the Chairman on 17:04 - Jun 22 by kel

“In some instances, this has resulted in inappropriate comments and threats being posted online and in some cases to Board members personally.”

We were all mocking the bury fans when they did that to SD2. Unbelievable.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:13 - Jun 22 with 7308 viewsSalegraham

Looks like Hendo got what he wanted, only to be contacted by email, that's what he got. Over and out now.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:18 - Jun 22 with 7251 viewsrochdaleriddler

Statement from the Chairman on 17:04 - Jun 22 by kel

If they have been posted online, the identity of the people involved should be easily identifiable , actual threats should be reported to the police surely.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Statement from the Chairman on 17:21 - Jun 22 with 7230 viewsjonahwhereru

The only issue I have with the statement is the strength of the disappointment “huge” and the negativity could have been dampened down. To take some heat out.
Having said that what the player said didn’t seem to stack up. If it was e mail only mode in April and instead he didn’t grab a pen and sign the contract (when the whole world craved security) it just sounds like he was never going to sign unless the board caved in.

Sadly Hendo has kicked out once to often.

I know on another thread I said it was still possible that he could return and take Reg’s record, but without major board changes that seems a very remote possibility now.

Unfortunately everyone has lost something in this battle.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:23 - Jun 22 with 7210 viewskel

Statement from the Chairman on 17:12 - Jun 22 by roccydaleian

We were all mocking the bury fans when they did that to SD2. Unbelievable.

Yep. It’s embarrassing how grown men (assumption on my part) think it’s acceptable. Knuckle dragging halfwits is me describing them politely.
Statement from the Chairman on 17:28 - Jun 22 with 7153 viewsDaleiLama

Well, that seems to have put that to bed. There was never going to be a winner from this, but Hendo should have kept schtum and walked away with his legacy untarnished based on this version. He finished his statement with an Up the Dale, so bridges could still be rebuilt in the future if he wanted to return as a fan, but not the fairytale ending it should have been. Still a privilege to watch him for so long in a Dale shirt though. Thanks for the memories Ian.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Statement from the Chairman on 17:29 - Jun 22 with 7147 viewsfunkkk

Well done the club for putting something out reasonably quickly.

Going to have to sit on the fence a bit here and I suspect, as usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle of the two.

The crux of the issue seems to be the 'minor details' I'd be fascinated to know what these are and what the cost of these was likely to be.

It's a rubbish end to his time here that's for sure.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 17:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024