Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke 19:24 - Jun 26 with 3769 viewsShun

Lovely message from Luke Matheson here.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CB6E4xPBrsY/?igshid=1mg37vgdnqhae
Luke on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 3711 viewsDaleaholic

THAT is how you leave a football club. With respect, humility and an appreciation of what the club has done for him. What an absolute credit to himself, his family and Rochdale AFC.

Unbelievably proud to have watched him play for us and look forward to seeing him reach the very top of the footballing ladder.

Thanks for the incredible memories Luke!

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Luke on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 3707 viewsJames1980

Just watched it he really is a thoughtful well grounded young man.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Luke on 19:42 - Jun 26 with 3699 viewsShun

Luke on 19:40 - Jun 26 by Daleaholic

THAT is how you leave a football club. With respect, humility and an appreciation of what the club has done for him. What an absolute credit to himself, his family and Rochdale AFC.

Unbelievably proud to have watched him play for us and look forward to seeing him reach the very top of the footballing ladder.

Thanks for the incredible memories Luke!

Couldn’t have said it better myself. What a great farewell and what a humble, mature young gent. So proud to call him one of our own.
Luke on 19:43 - Jun 26 with 3693 viewselectricblue

What a level head young man Luke is....
Rochdale faithful are proud of what you have so far achieved.
Long may journey bring as much joy as your time at the Dale.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Luke on 19:52 - Jun 26 with 3664 viewsEllDale

Absolutely incredible. If any deserves to succeed it’s this lad.
I suspect we’ll hear a lot more of him both on and off the pitch.
Thanks for the memories.
PS It’s a shame that valedictory messages from more senior players in the last seven days haven’t been as dignified and gracious.
Luke on 19:55 - Jun 26 with 3652 viewsnordenblue

Luke on 19:52 - Jun 26 by EllDale

Absolutely incredible. If any deserves to succeed it’s this lad.
I suspect we’ll hear a lot more of him both on and off the pitch.
Thanks for the memories.
PS It’s a shame that valedictory messages from more senior players in the last seven days haven’t been as dignified and gracious.

I thought Wilbraham came across very honest and humble really....
Luke on 20:28 - Jun 26 with 3563 viewsjonahwhereru

That was a quality piece for such a young player. The saying if it sounds and looks to good to be true than it isn’t true doesn’t apply to Luke

Thanks I loved watching that, put a Dale smile back on my face.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2020 21:10]
Luke on 20:40 - Jun 26 with 3535 views1mark1

Absolutely brilliant, brought a tear to my eye. What a credit to the Club and the youth set up he is, as well as his family. A brilliant footballer and a brilliant young man.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Luke on 20:45 - Jun 26 with 3510 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Great stuff, from Luke. Really hope he makes it big in his career, and joins us when we reach The Premiership 😀

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Luke on 20:59 - Jun 26 with 3472 viewsncfc_chalky

I enjoyed watching that,well done Luke for putting effort into saying a proper farewell to Dale instead of the usual two sentence Twitter post that past players sometimes do.... I would like to thank blah blah blah and that's all you hear from them but that was obviously heartfelt and genuine and shows how much you think of the club,I wish all players was more like that

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Luke on 21:15 - Jun 26 with 3421 viewsmingthemerciless

Obviously he's been brought up the right way on and off the pitch. Good luck for the future Luke.
Luke on 21:38 - Jun 26 with 3363 viewsShun

Luke on 19:55 - Jun 26 by nordenblue

I thought Wilbraham came across very honest and humble really....

And Camps!
Luke on 07:40 - Jun 27 with 3074 viewsseasidedale

What a well grounded young man, deserves every success in football and in life. Thanks for the memories Luke
Luke on 08:02 - Jun 27 with 3061 viewsrkershaw

Luke on 21:38 - Jun 26 by Shun

And Camps!

I'm beginning to think that Tony Ellis / Kevin Gibbins / Lee Riley and Chris Brown et al will be our most important signings of the closed season.......our academy is 100% a USP (an acronym that I've heard mentioned recently ;))......as for Luke.....without wanting to sound like a certain former Dale manager whom he also acknowledges has giving him the opportunity to succeed......"Just WOWWWW"!! Daniel Farke (Norwich City manager) is getting all of the plaudits atm for "breaking the glass ceiling" and giving youth academy graduates the chance to flourish on the big stage (and signing some well known UK lower league talent to boot;)........Dan Adshead is of a similar ilk as Luke......both men should should be rightly proud of their footballing / academic achievements thus far. When both make it in the Premier league and continue down the international pathway to full honours.......they too will become (and already are) USPs for our academy and doing the things the Rochdale way!!
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 8:03]
Luke on 08:37 - Jun 27 with 3018 viewsDaleiLama

Pride is supposed to be a deadly sin, but it's been mentioned numerous times on this thread and I'm going to shamelessly pile on. So proud that Luke has done what he's done, acheived it with the utmost humility, and sent that vlog love letter to all us fans who have supported him and derived so much enjoyment from his performances. Producing something like this must have also made his parents so proud, not to mention all those at the club who have contributed to his advancement to Wolves.

So much excellence here - the boy who has turned into this young man in such an admirable way, the academy and strong family unit that supported him during this journey and this clip, which must be the best advertisement for our academy you could wish for. And then there's that goal at OT. Thanks Luke. Solid gold and wish you the very best in everything you do. You deserve it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Luke on 09:56 - Jun 27 with 2921 viewssuffolkdale

As I often found in my career many young people have a genuine sincerity which puts some of their elders to shame........
All credit to Luke and of course his amazingly supportive family. We will watch your career progress with a similar level of genuine thanks and pride.
Luke on 12:13 - Jun 27 with 2782 viewsfrenzied

Lets hope the trappings of fortune do not change his ideals

His family will always have his best interests at heart...

Mr Rashford is one to emulate in both a professional and personal way to conduct yourself,

Rashford was clearly being poked by the press to slam into the Boris Govt..he simply stepped back and didn't rise to the bait
Luke on 12:26 - Jun 27 with 2746 viewsD_Alien

Luke on 12:13 - Jun 27 by frenzied

Lets hope the trappings of fortune do not change his ideals

His family will always have his best interests at heart...

Mr Rashford is one to emulate in both a professional and personal way to conduct yourself,

Rashford was clearly being poked by the press to slam into the Boris Govt..he simply stepped back and didn't rise to the bait

Nicely observed...

As this whole thread is. If there were any danger of that happening with Luke, he'd only need to have that played back to himself to bring him back to his senses; but i doubt he'll need that to happen

Wolves have got more than just a very promising young footballer on their hands, but a potential media star. Sincerity is at a premium these days, and unlike footballers, can't be bought. That applies to both Luke & Marcus Rashford

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke on 13:25 - Jun 27 with 2649 viewsmikehunt

Aye. Cheers for that, Luke. Very humble and generous. Never seen anything like it before. All the best, lad.
Check it out if you haven't already and can anyone put that picture of him with Desmond the Dragon up? It's a belter. :-)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024