Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Year Sponsorship deal 13:34 - Jun 29 with 2739 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/crownoilsponsorship/

Crown Oil renews the deal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 13:52 - Jun 29 with 2682 viewsD_Alien

Good news

Wonder if that new, cleaner diesel HVO can be made suitable for use with car/truck engines?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 13:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:13 - Jun 29 with 2617 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This deal must be a big boost for the Club's financial stability......well done all who have brokered it.
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:16 - Jun 29 with 2594 viewsDaleiLama

I marked the OP up as it's great news. I also don't want to appear like a curmudgeon, getting on at the club even when good news is reported (kudos to all involved), but was it just me that read that announcement which quoted DB and their MD, whilst Frances and the lady from CO were sent outside to "decorate" the photo opportunity, that thought hmmmmmm?

Maybe I've just been stuck inside too long?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:30 - Jun 29 with 2545 viewsfitzochris

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:16 - Jun 29 by DaleiLama

I marked the OP up as it's great news. I also don't want to appear like a curmudgeon, getting on at the club even when good news is reported (kudos to all involved), but was it just me that read that announcement which quoted DB and their MD, whilst Frances and the lady from CO were sent outside to "decorate" the photo opportunity, that thought hmmmmmm?

DB does appear in some of the other photos if you use the scroll button.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:33 - Jun 29 with 2535 viewsDalenet

It wouldn't even have occurred to them. The 1970s is alive and well. Seriously it is a slick deal and a real commitment from a sponsor in these difficult times. But your observation is right and most of business has moved on nowadays
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:51 - Jun 29 with 2485 viewsDaleiLama

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:30 - Jun 29 by fitzochris

DB does appear in some of the other photos if you use the scroll button.

Fair play - didn't spot that!

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 15:41 - Jun 29 with 2376 viewsisitme

Really good news. Well done to all involved and Crown Oil for their continued support. A 6 year deal in the current climate is unexpected.
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:07 - Jun 29 with 2322 viewsblackdogblue

Doesn’t look like they are social distancing to me unless it’s an 8 metre banner & good photography?

Good news though & guaranteed income for the club..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:20 - Jun 29 with 2273 viewsBartRowou

1. This is good news.
2. Can anyone explain how having their company name on our shirts benefits Crown Oil? Would somebody see it and chance their arm with a bottle of CO rather than a Castrol GTX? Is this how it works but on a larger scale? It must be worth their while if they're sticking around.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:31 - Jun 29 with 2240 viewsmingthemerciless

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:20 - Jun 29 by BartRowou

1. This is good news.
2. Can anyone explain how having their company name on our shirts benefits Crown Oil? Would somebody see it and chance their arm with a bottle of CO rather than a Castrol GTX? Is this how it works but on a larger scale? It must be worth their while if they're sticking around.

When I was working in industry " Crown Oils " were a supplier to the commercial sector. We bought lubricating and hydraulic oils etc from them. I didn't know they served the general public.
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 18:09 - Jun 29 with 2061 views1907

“Bury based” love it
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 18:53 - Jun 29 with 1969 viewsfinberty

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:20 - Jun 29 by BartRowou

1. This is good news.

1. Agreed. Excellent.

2. Brand awareness. When Matheson scored v Man United, and Wilbraham scored v Newcastle - both of which were heavily covered in national media, the Crown Oil logo was clearly on display.
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 20:23 - Jun 29 with 1832 viewsrkershaw

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 18:53 - Jun 29 by finberty

1. Agreed. Excellent.

2. Brand awareness. When Matheson scored v Man United, and Wilbraham scored v Newcastle - both of which were heavily covered in national media, the Crown Oil logo was clearly on display.

Great news indeed.....maybe there could be a
"Proud sponsors of Rochdale AFC" (or club badge) incorporated into their transporter signage...spreading the Dale message and celebrating their sponsorship........or an Eddie 'Spotter' Stobbart system involving the names of Dale players / management to get the young (and young at heart) fans involved.....no loan players mind you!! Competition to name the transporters......(i.e. oil related name).....media links etc etc.....??!! Get the person responsible for new stadium / tunnel mural (eye catching!!) to jazz up their fleet of vehicles and bring them into the 21st century.....mobile fixture / match day advertisement (especially as they're Bury based)!! ;)
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 21:03]
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 20:30 - Jun 29 with 1812 viewsSuddenLad

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 20:23 - Jun 29 by rkershaw

Great news indeed.....maybe there could be a
"Proud sponsors of Rochdale AFC" (or club badge) incorporated into their transporter signage...spreading the Dale message and celebrating their sponsorship........or an Eddie 'Spotter' Stobbart system involving the names of Dale players / management to get the young (and young at heart) fans involved.....no loan players mind you!! Competition to name the transporters......(i.e. oil related name).....media links etc etc.....??!! Get the person responsible for new stadium / tunnel mural (eye catching!!) to jazz up their fleet of vehicles and bring them into the 21st century.....mobile fixture / match day advertisement (especially as they're Bury based)!! ;)
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 21:03]

Oilie Rathbone ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 20:36 - Jun 29 with 1793 viewsrkershaw

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 20:30 - Jun 29 by SuddenLad

Oilie Rathbone ?

Nice try.....I'll let you know when the competition is open!!;)
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 21:46 - Jun 29 with 1667 viewsdingdangblue

Backed by Oil Money 🤣

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:20 - Jun 30 with 1406 viewsNigeriamark

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:13 - Jun 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

This deal must be a big boost for the Club's financial stability......well done all who have brokered it.

Do we know how much a year they pay?
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:37 - Jun 30 with 1373 viewsDaleiLama

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:20 - Jun 30 by Nigeriamark

Do we know how much a year they pay?

Undisclosed, I believe is the party line?

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:50 - Jun 30 with 1349 viewsfitzochris

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:37 - Jun 30 by DaleiLama

That's it in a nutshell. We have to take it at face value that it's a good deal for us, especially if it's over six years.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 10:03 - Jun 30 with 1335 viewsJames1980

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 09:37 - Jun 30 by DaleiLama

Are there any add ons though? Apologies, It is excellent news for financial stability of the club.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 14:21 - Jun 30 with 1155 viewselectricblue

Wow s 6yr deal..
Excellent news in these trying times....

Wonder if the crown oil owners are boards members......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:19 - Jun 30 with 1066 viewsfinberty

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 10:03 - Jun 30 by James1980

Are there any add ons though? Apologies, It is excellent news for financial stability of the club.

Not privy to this deal obviously, but I have seen ones in the past. They tend to be linked to on-field performances such as progression through various stages of cup competitions, due to the increased exposure that a club (and therefore its sponsors) can achieve - increased TV exposure and media interest generally, resulting in an additional premium being paid by the sponsor to the club.
Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:52 - Jun 30 with 1018 viewsJames1980

Six Year Sponsorship deal on 16:19 - Jun 30 by finberty

Not privy to this deal obviously, but I have seen ones in the past. They tend to be linked to on-field performances such as progression through various stages of cup competitions, due to the increased exposure that a club (and therefore its sponsors) can achieve - increased TV exposure and media interest generally, resulting in an additional premium being paid by the sponsor to the club.

Hopefully the club benefitted from such additional premiums from the Cup games at The COA last season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024