Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict 22:30 - Jul 5 with 1748 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52568/saints-v-mancheste

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:45 - Jul 5 with 1445 viewsBicester_North

Why do we need to spend the money we get for Hojbjerg when Romeu is already at the club?

You must be joking there, Romeu had a great game as he has done many many times but that position is vital, Romeu won’t be available all the time and I think unless Smallbone becomes the next Schneiderlin we definitely need another defensive midfielder.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 23:02 - Jul 5 with 1406 viewsSadoldgit

I thought we looked good in the first half and played well on the break. The second half was pretty much one way traffic and although we fought very hard for the win I wouldn’t want to watch that every week. 3 wins out of 4 though so can’t complain at that. KWP growing into the role, looks worth signing.

Very, very happy for Che. It will do his confidence the world of good to score the winning goal against a quality team like City.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 23:04 - Jul 5 with 1411 viewsdirk_doone

And one more thing: Man city are the reigning Premier League champions, favourites to win this year's Champions League, they beat Liverpool 4-0 in their last game and they threw everything they had at us today: Sterling, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo Silva, David Silva and even Jesus himself.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 23:13 - Jul 5 with 1402 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:45 - Jul 5 by Bicester_North

Why do we need to spend the money we get for Hojbjerg when Romeu is already at the club?

You must be joking there, Romeu had a great game as he has done many many times but that position is vital, Romeu won’t be available all the time and I think unless Smallbone becomes the next Schneiderlin we definitely need another defensive midfielder.

Romeu and Smallbone can give you 38 games between them, perhaps Stephens has a role to play as a holding midfielder

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 00:47 - Jul 6 with 1317 viewsdarthvader

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 23:04 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

And one more thing: Man city are the reigning Premier League champions, favourites to win this year's Champions League, they beat Liverpool 4-0 in their last game and they threw everything they had at us today: Sterling, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo Silva, David Silva and even Jesus himself.

You are right i thought jesus was nailed on to score today ,epecialy on those crosses .

keep the faith coyr

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 08:17 - Jul 6 with 1207 viewsRon11

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:45 - Jul 5 by Bicester_North

The fact that Hojbjerg wasn't on the pitch played a significant part in this win!
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 08:24 - Jul 6 with 1202 viewsareasix

What about bring Harrison Reed back into the fold , playing really well for Fulham at present.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 08:32 - Jul 6 with 1196 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 08:24 - Jul 6 by areasix

What about bring Harrison Reed back into the fold , playing really well for Fulham at present.

But is he? Saw him a couple of weeks ago against Brentford and did not exactly set the place alight, and has he not had his chance here with Ralph?
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 08:33 - Jul 6 with 1191 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 00:47 - Jul 6 by darthvader

You are right i thought jesus was nailed on to score today ,epecialy on those crosses .

That'll upset a few wokes on here
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 09:26 - Jul 6 with 1146 viewsSonicBoom

Not good for the nerves, it looked like City would score every time they came forward but you cannot fault a single player, they all busted a gut. And actually we should have scored 2 or 3 ourselves. Brilliant performance all round.
I did notice though that Che Adams seemed determined not to smile. He scored a wonder goal to win the game and when the cameras were on him he could barely raise a grin. Seemed a little bit odd.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 10:47 - Jul 6 with 1083 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 09:26 - Jul 6 by SonicBoom

Not good for the nerves, it looked like City would score every time they came forward but you cannot fault a single player, they all busted a gut. And actually we should have scored 2 or 3 ourselves. Brilliant performance all round.
I did notice though that Che Adams seemed determined not to smile. He scored a wonder goal to win the game and when the cameras were on him he could barely raise a grin. Seemed a little bit odd.

Re Adams, he was probably in shock, but one of the best things about that goal was the joy on the faces of the other players for him that was clearly evident. Shows great team spirit that must be there
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 10:54 - Jul 6 with 1072 viewsSalisburySaint

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 10:47 - Jul 6 by kingslandstand1

Re Adams, he was probably in shock, but one of the best things about that goal was the joy on the faces of the other players for him that was clearly evident. Shows great team spirit that must be there

It is evident whole team wanted Che to score, this was evident at Watford too, were you could tell how disappointed they were when his shot there was deflected wide, especially JWP setting a captains example
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 12:02 - Jul 6 with 1022 viewsA1079

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 09:26 - Jul 6 by SonicBoom

It was an observation I had made as well Sonicboom. He also did not look that elated at the end of the game either. I don't want to read anything into it. I guess it has been a hell of a weight on his shoulders and the response by his team-mates when he did score was terrific.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 12:18 - Jul 6 with 1006 viewsSadoldgit

I get the feeling that he was completely knackered. He put in one hell of a shift. He was probably still taking it in. It must be a huge deal to finally get off the mark, especially scoring the winner against the previous champions. Also he doesn’t look like much of a “smiler”, unlike Danny Ings.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 949 viewsSonicBoom

Really? Too tired to smile?

Let's be honest, you've just broken your duck by beating one of the worlds best keepers from 40 yards, live on BBC tv playing against one of the powerhouses of global football who have arguably one of the all time great managers.......and you can't smile once?

Maybe I'm way off but it seemed really odd to me.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 15:41 - Jul 6 with 919 viewsTimSaint

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 12:18 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

I get the feeling that he was completely knackered. He put in one hell of a shift. He was probably still taking it in. It must be a huge deal to finally get off the mark, especially scoring the winner against the previous champions. Also he doesn’t look like much of a “smiler”, unlike Danny Ings.

Tired ?
You do realise that he scored in the 16th minute ?

TimSaint

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 15:50 - Jul 6 with 909 viewsBison

Now this is not a happy man after scoring , Che was ecstatic compared to Temuri...

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 16:17 - Jul 6 with 889 viewsSadoldgit

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 15:41 - Jul 6 by TimSaint

Tired ?
You do realise that he scored in the 16th minute ?

He worked his socks off from the first minute. What is wrong with you lot? One minute he is slated for not scoring, now he is slated for not smiling. Perhaps he was just relieved? Is it really important? He can look as miserable as sin for me if he carries on scoring.
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 16:25 - Jul 6 with 882 viewsBison

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 16:17 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

He worked his socks off from the first minute. What is wrong with you lot? One minute he is slated for not scoring, now he is slated for not smiling. Perhaps he was just relieved? Is it really important? He can look as miserable as sin for me if he carries on scoring.

It was strange as most agree a natural reaction would be to go mental , I think it shows that he has let the goal drout get to him , hopefully the next will come soon and he will probably celebrate it more freely. It certainly not his natural celebration .... some quality here as well.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 17:21 - Jul 6 with 854 viewskingslandstand1

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 16:25 - Jul 6 by Bison

It was strange as most agree a natural reaction would be to go mental , I think it shows that he has let the goal drout get to him , hopefully the next will come soon and he will probably celebrate it more freely. It certainly not his natural celebration .... some quality here as well.

Bear in mind also he made an absolute howler in the opening 5 mins or so with time to make a cup of tea 10 yards out and totally mis-kicked where it would have gone for a throw in if Redmond wasn't in the way, so I'd say it was more of a relief to score than go for wild celebrations
Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 20:31 - Jul 6 with 810 viewsBlue

Fantastic game of football to watch, and what a way to get your first goal for the club!

There's more than one way to win a football match and you lot probably deserved it purely for the defensive display.

Still stood in the Kippax

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:15 - Jul 6 with 751 viewsTimSaint

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 16:17 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

I wasn't slating him in any way, shape or form, just questioning why you though a professional footballer, who trains every day to perform for 90 mins, would be so knackered after just 16 mins !! :-)

Personally I think and hope he will come good and possibly start the next few games and perhaps score some more.

As for the goal celebrations, I'm sure he was relieved more than anything and perhaps embarrassed that it had taken so long to break his duck. If he scores the first goal against Everton on Thursday, I'm sure he'll be smiling.

TimSaint

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:16 - Jul 6 with 750 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 20:31 - Jul 6 by Blue

Fantastic game of football to watch, and what a way to get your first goal for the club!

There's more than one way to win a football match and you lot probably deserved it purely for the defensive display.

I wouldnt say it was a great defensive display in terms of quality, too many times we failed to clear a ball and where the architects of our own problems, but it was great in the way we threw ourselves in front of everything

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 19:54 - Jul 7 with 659 viewsBlue

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 22:16 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

I wouldnt say it was a great defensive display in terms of quality, too many times we failed to clear a ball and where the architects of our own problems, but it was great in the way we threw ourselves in front of everything

You kept a clean sheet against the most prolific team in the Premier League, quit your whining ffs!

Still stood in the Kippax

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 629 viewsSaintNick

Saints V Manchester City The Verdict on 19:54 - Jul 7 by Blue

You kept a clean sheet against the most prolific team in the Premier League, quit your whining ffs!

So you think that Pep might be impressed with our defenders and thinking of signing one or two of them then ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024