Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ugly inside fanzine 14:25 - Jul 6 with 5554 viewsfranniesTache

Nick have you considered doing a one off physical copy of the Ugly for the first game back after the pandemic? I reckon there's loads of folk that'd love it, and a fair few willing to contribute too.

We could even possibly rope back in the cover designer of the infamous "hope you die soon" cover
The ugly inside fanzine on 16:34 - Jul 6 with 5499 viewsdirk_doone

Some of the clubs are still printing a few match programmes. Normally, football programmes don't gain much in value over the years because there are too many of them available. But these ones are going to be worth a fortune in a few years' time.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 20:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The ugly inside fanzine on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 5450 viewsSaintNick

There are still some clubs who have paper fanzines but not many, we weren't actually the one that published the infamous hope you die soon cover though

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The ugly inside fanzine on 20:41 - Jul 6 with 5419 viewsdirk_doone

The ugly inside fanzine on 20:21 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

There are still some clubs who have paper fanzines but not many, we weren't actually the one that published the infamous hope you die soon cover though

Here's an obscure fact for you, Nick. Extracts of the Ugly Inside fanzine once appeared in a book published in Tokyo.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 21:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The ugly inside fanzine on 21:06 - Jul 6 with 5393 viewsBoris_

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:34 - Jul 6 by dirk_doone

Some of the clubs are still printing a few match programmes. Normally, football programmes don't gain much in value over the years because there are too many of them available. But these ones are going to be worth a fortune in a few years' time.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 20:26]

Saints are. I was sent one. Haven't read it but will keep hold of it then I guess.

Poll: Claude Puel

The ugly inside fanzine on 21:15 - Jul 6 with 5375 viewsbattler

The ugly inside fanzine on 20:21 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

Wasn't it the " On The March " fanzine that printed that cover, and proved to be their downfall. Might still have it in the loft somewhere.
The ugly inside fanzine on 09:45 - Jul 7 with 5268 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 21:15 - Jul 6 by battler

Wasn't it the " On The March " fanzine that printed that cover, and proved to be their downfall. Might still have it in the loft somewhere.

yup it was On The March, still have it around somewhere too
The ugly inside fanzine on 10:10 - Jul 7 with 5250 viewsSaintNick

On the subject it could be done as a one off but it would need a lot of help and someone who could collate it together etc

The ugly inside fanzine on 10:11 - Jul 7 with 5249 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 10:10 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

On the subject it could be done as a one off but it would need a lot of help and someone who could collate it together etc

I'd be happy to do some stuff for it and pretty sure most of our lot would be too
Login to get fewer ads

The ugly inside fanzine on 11:22 - Jul 7 with 5216 viewsSaintNick

The ugly inside fanzine on 10:11 - Jul 7 by franniesTache

I'd be happy to do some stuff for it and pretty sure most of our lot would be too

Ill get in touch next week

The ugly inside fanzine on 11:28 - Jul 7 with 5213 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 11:22 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

Ill get in touch next week

Nice one mush
The ugly inside fanzine on 15:40 - Jul 7 with 5143 viewsWalkingRosie

I am also happy to do some stuff for it Nick, any chance we could get hold of Warwick Dave's Shearer quiz?

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 5122 viewsBoris_

If you're doing online order, happy to sort the online purchase and fulfilment mush.

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:16 - Jul 7 with 5121 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:11 - Jul 7 by Boris_

If you're doing online order, happy to sort the online purchase and fulfilment mush.

Genuinely think there's a desire for something like the original ugly, even as a one off
The ugly inside fanzine on 17:54 - Jul 7 with 5081 viewsBoris_

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:16 - Jul 7 by franniesTache

Genuinely think there's a desire for something like the original ugly, even as a one off

Used to buy it and sit on the Milton Road Terrace before the game reading the Ins and Outs and discussing with my pal what others we'd add in. Unless that was On The March....
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 17:54]

The ugly inside fanzine on 18:06 - Jul 7 with 5069 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 17:54 - Jul 7 by Boris_

Used to buy it and sit on the Milton Road Terrace before the game reading the Ins and Outs and discussing with my pal what others we'd add in. Unless that was On The March....

Ins and Outs was both and definitely a favourite of mine
The ugly inside fanzine on 12:34 - Jul 16 with 4909 viewsfranniesTache

Nick any thoughts on this mush?
The ugly inside fanzine on 12:37 - Jul 16 with 4902 viewsSaintNick

The ugly inside fanzine on 12:34 - Jul 16 by franniesTache

Nick any thoughts on this mush?

just looking at a few options can you pm me your contact details etc so I can get hold of you

The ugly inside fanzine on 14:01 - Jul 16 with 4875 viewsButty101

The ugly inside fanzine on 09:45 - Jul 7 by franniesTache

yup it was On The March, still have it around somewhere too

was that Ian branfoot releated?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The ugly inside fanzine on 14:05 - Jul 16 with 4871 viewsSaintNick

The ugly inside fanzine on 17:54 - Jul 7 by Boris_

The ins and outs was us

The ugly inside fanzine on 14:07 - Jul 16 with 4870 viewsButty101

The thing with the Fanzine was it was a differnt time when fans could talk to players. Think of the Shearer/Ruddock interview. You would have no chance of that now and todays crap premiership headphone wearing players seem dull.
Saints had a several characters in their team back then. Now have they any?? Ings maybe.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The ugly inside fanzine on 14:17 - Jul 16 with 4861 viewsSaintNick

The ugly inside fanzine on 14:07 - Jul 16 by Butty101

The thing with the Fanzine was it was a differnt time when fans could talk to players. Think of the Shearer/Ruddock interview. You would have no chance of that now and todays crap premiership headphone wearing players seem dull.
Saints had a several characters in their team back then. Now have they any?? Ings maybe.

Spot on, it was a different time and 30 years ago, players now aren't interested, they have grown up cossetted from the age of 8, they are bred as gladiators by clubs as that is what they effectively are, they need to have a certain arrogance to succeed.

You see 20 year olds with attitudes on every street, just that some of them are not on streets but multi millionaire footballers, I think we have a few characters in our team.

Danny Ings is very down to earth i'm told, JWP is well brought up as his father was a barrister, funnily enough Fraser Forster is also a nice fella as is Jack Stephens so I'm told

Shane Long was friendly when I met him in Hong Kong, but the rest of them im not sure, some i hear some bad rumours about, but I think Ralph has worked hard to try and educate them

The ugly inside fanzine on 16:50 - Jul 21 with 4794 viewsfranniesTache

The ugly inside fanzine on 12:37 - Jul 16 by SaintNick

just looking at a few options can you pm me your contact details etc so I can get hold of you

DM sent Nick
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024