Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton game 22:24 - Jul 6 with 1355 viewskingslandstand1

A big'un on Thursday now with them losing tonight. They're only 1 point ahead on same games now and apparently pretty cr@p game so we could star looking up a couple of places seriously now
Or am I getting above our station, this is Saints after all!
Everton game on 22:35 - Jul 6 with 1342 viewsSaintNick

I would rather it have been a draw, but it gives us an opportunity, we are due a win in the league there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton game on 22:56 - Jul 6 with 1308 viewsA1079

Do we dare to hope Kingslandstand? That last sentence of yours says it all. You never know what you are going to get with Saints - the Arsenal performance a week or so ago or the Watford performance or the last night performance.

We have a pretty abject record at Everton even when we are having a good season and they are not, so who knows. This season has been full of surprises - but would be good to match the points that we got under Puel.
Everton game on 23:04 - Jul 6 with 1293 views1885_SFC

I thought Everton were gutless tonight. If ever there was a case of a team playing out their remaining fixtures just for the sake of it with f*ck all left to play for - Everton were it. I hope the same side turn up on Thursday night.

Old School is Cool

Everton game on 05:49 - Jul 7 with 1210 viewssolent_toffee

Everton game on 23:04 - Jul 6 by 1885_SFC

I thought Everton were gutless tonight. If ever there was a case of a team playing out their remaining fixtures just for the sake of it with f*ck all left to play for - Everton were it. I hope the same side turn up on Thursday night.

They could have put on a video of any Everton away games against the big teams for the past few seasons and no one would have noticed. Gary Neville has it spot on in his commentary, it was gutless and boring. I’d also add predictable because I’ve seen that kind of performance so many times over the past few seasons.

Hopefully there will be a reaction on Thursday and hopefully Sigurdsson will be benched and given the same treatment as Schneiderlin.

As much as I want to win all games though, the thought of being in the Europa League next season doesn’t interest me in the slightest. Lots of travel without the fun for the fans. The extra games would put undue pressure on the squad that Ancelotti is sorting out too.
Everton game on 08:22 - Jul 7 with 1111 views1teeminants

Everton game on 22:35 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

I would rather it have been a draw, but it gives us an opportunity, we are due a win in the league there

Hopefully We will be positive and chase the down with high press.I think This would be a good game to put Djenepo on at some point and attack them on the break with pace . A Decent side Everton on their day but as the table shows there’s nothing in it. I’m feeling confident with Ralph at the helm.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Everton game on 08:39 - Jul 7 with 1096 viewskernow

Still glowing after the performance and result against City but thinking ahead, one game at a time as they say.
Everton game on 10:50 - Jul 7 with 1026 viewsWaylander

Holgate went off with an injury in the first half so could be missing on Thurs
Everton game on 11:34 - Jul 7 with 990 viewsA1079

Everton game on 05:49 - Jul 7 by solent_toffee

They could have put on a video of any Everton away games against the big teams for the past few seasons and no one would have noticed. Gary Neville has it spot on in his commentary, it was gutless and boring. I’d also add predictable because I’ve seen that kind of performance so many times over the past few seasons.

Hopefully there will be a reaction on Thursday and hopefully Sigurdsson will be benched and given the same treatment as Schneiderlin.

As much as I want to win all games though, the thought of being in the Europa League next season doesn’t interest me in the slightest. Lots of travel without the fun for the fans. The extra games would put undue pressure on the squad that Ancelotti is sorting out too.

I don't think Everton will play like that on Thursday Solent. In fact, they will probably react to the negative coverage from last nights game.

Also, for as exciting and enjoyable our victory was on Sunday it does not mean we are suddenly a good team. A good defensive and goalkeeping display and a bit of Lady Luck got us a victory which on another day could have been a rout.

I think for Everton though, it is about the longer term plan and in Ancelotti I think you have a good manager who, given time and support will make you a hard team to beat - but you always are for us anyway, no matter what your fortunes. But, hopefully we can get something on Thursday
Login to get fewer ads

Everton game on 15:04 - Jul 7 with 899 viewssolent_toffee

Everton game on 11:34 - Jul 7 by A1079

I don't think Everton will play like that on Thursday Solent. In fact, they will probably react to the negative coverage from last nights game.

Also, for as exciting and enjoyable our victory was on Sunday it does not mean we are suddenly a good team. A good defensive and goalkeeping display and a bit of Lady Luck got us a victory which on another day could have been a rout.

I think for Everton though, it is about the longer term plan and in Ancelotti I think you have a good manager who, given time and support will make you a hard team to beat - but you always are for us anyway, no matter what your fortunes. But, hopefully we can get something on Thursday

They couldn’t play any worse than they did last

The pace of Everton’s games so far have been like pre-season friendlies and I can’t see tomorrow being any different. Hopefully Ancelotti is in it for the long term as he said a few weeks ago but he has got his work cut out with the obscene negligence of the past couple of managers.

I’d rather he played some of the younger players on Thursday but keep the defence as it is.
Everton game on 15:58 - Jul 7 with 869 viewsSaintNick

Everton game on 15:04 - Jul 7 by solent_toffee

They couldn’t play any worse than they did last

The pace of Everton’s games so far have been like pre-season friendlies and I can’t see tomorrow being any different. Hopefully Ancelotti is in it for the long term as he said a few weeks ago but he has got his work cut out with the obscene negligence of the past couple of managers.

I’d rather he played some of the younger players on Thursday but keep the defence as it is.

Will his indictment on Tax evasion charges have any affect going forward

Everton game on 16:49 - Jul 7 with 849 viewssolent_toffee

Everton game on 15:58 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

Will his indictment on Tax evasion charges have any affect going forward

Doesn’t every manager/player get accused of tax evasion in Spain? Apparently it’s related to image rights. Can’t see anything coming from it.
Everton game on 22:10 - Jul 7 with 751 viewsSaintNick

Everton game on 16:49 - Jul 7 by solent_toffee

Doesn’t every manager/player get accused of tax evasion in Spain? Apparently it’s related to image rights. Can’t see anything coming from it.

It was a serious question, it was in the press but they dont seem to have taken up much on it or when it is likely to be.

Everton game on 07:54 - Jul 8 with 655 viewssolent_toffee

Everton game on 22:10 - Jul 7 by SaintNick

It was a serious question, it was in the press but they dont seem to have taken up much on it or when it is likely to be.

My response was serious in that off the top of my head I can think of Messi, Ronaldo, Mourhino, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, even Gareth Bale all of have been charged with tax evasion in recent years, plus loads more in football.

It’s not being widely reported because it’s common and not a big deal.
Everton game on 08:18 - Jul 8 with 640 viewsCenturion

0-0 bore draw!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024