Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 13:43 - Jul 7 with 3414 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Anyone know if the ticket office is open?
Season Tickets on 18:53 - Jul 7 with 2721 viewscynicalsaint

Yes, apparently they are operating on 'skeleton' staff who are working remotely. The office itself is closed because they can't go into the stadium while matches are still being played.

You need to call the main number and select 1 for 'supporter relations' if you actually want to speak to someone. I spoke to them last week - they told me the ticket office would call me back today.

They didn't.
Season Tickets on 19:27 - Jul 7 with 2705 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Thanks for this.

I tried to contact them by email and the indication was that they would get back to me.

Nothing yet either.

Appreciate the current difficulties but doesnt bode well for season ticket sales.

I have 4 I am trying to renew.
Season Tickets on 19:35 - Jul 7 with 2694 viewsTripleNiemi

Season Tickets on 19:27 - Jul 7 by SouthSeaSaint

Thanks for this.

I tried to contact them by email and the indication was that they would get back to me.

Nothing yet either.

Appreciate the current difficulties but doesnt bode well for season ticket sales.

I have 4 I am trying to renew.

I emailed the ticket office last week and whilst not quite as quick as usual, i did get a response the following day (so things are happening albeit it a little slower than normal pace).

I do find laughable however that the club cannot have one or two staff members working within the office confines itself though whilst distancing. What do the club think they are gonna do? Go pitchside and start running round hugging Redmond or something!! FFS.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 19:36]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Season Tickets on 19:44 - Jul 7 with 2684 viewsChesham_Saint

I contacted them three times (Yes 3) and they finally called back. A young sounding lad who didN’t seem to know his arse from his elbow.

All I wanted to know was:
1. What credit or refund would I get on my 2 season tickets due to Covid?
2. What credit did I have for this season’s ticket exchange?
3. How much would new season tickets be?

The answers were:

1. Either £239 or £259 - it changed twice during the call
2. Possibly just the Liverpool game (he couldn’t be sure) for which the credit was £20.
3. He couldn’t say.

My reaction (politely)

1. Make your mind up.
2. Is that all?
3. Find out - before you call me and waste any more of my fvcking time!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Season Tickets on 20:13 - Jul 7 with 2672 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 19:44 - Jul 7 by Chesham_Saint

I contacted them three times (Yes 3) and they finally called back. A young sounding lad who didN’t seem to know his arse from his elbow.

The answers were:

2. Possibly just the Liverpool game (he couldn’t be sure) for which the credit was £20.
3. He couldn’t say.

My reaction (politely)

1. Make your mind up.
2. Is that all?

Don't hold your breath.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 20:20]
Season Tickets on 07:04 - Jul 8 with 2575 viewssaintwizzler

Season Tickets on 19:44 - Jul 7 by Chesham_Saint

The answers were:

3. He couldn’t say.

My reaction (politely)

1. Make your mind up.
2. Is that all?

Sounds like the half asleep, unhelpful man who rang me.
I was asked to email the TO manager to receive my refund, which I declined.
I asked for him to ring me, which to my shock actually happened.
This was last Friday and was told my refund would be processed this week.
We will see.

Don’t bother with the email route, they have always been pîss poor on that.
Answering the occasional one isn’t helpful.

I’m sure the hospitality department answer back rapidly.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Season Tickets on 20:38 - Jul 15 with 2400 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 07:04 - Jul 8 by saintwizzler

Sounds like the half asleep, unhelpful man who rang me.
I was asked to email the TO manager to receive my refund, which I declined.
I asked for him to ring me, which to my shock actually happened.
This was last Friday and was told my refund would be processed this week.
We will see.

Don’t bother with the email route, they have always been pîss poor on that.
Answering the occasional one isn’t helpful.

I’m sure the hospitality department answer back rapidly.

Two weeks ago i phoned them and asked for my money back.

I was told they'd phone me last Tuesday - they didn't.

Got through to someone last Wednesday after numerous failed attempts (finally got in by selecting the corporate events option).

Had quite a long conversation where i was given the sob story - season tickets are our major income stream (umm, really - thought that was broadcasting rights) and got a bit of guilt shaming (we rely on your money for transfers), I pointed out some people might need the money back to pay their mortgage / rent so the club making it hard to get a refund wasn't really on.

Anyhow was told to email my bank details because the new ticketing system isn't up and running for refunds yet (how convenient / incompetent) so finance would need to process the refunds with specific authority from the customer.

So i mailed them straight away.

One week later? Radio silence.

I'll follow up again tomorrow but the utter disinterest / contempt the club are showing for a life long supporter really beggars belief.
Season Tickets on 21:23 - Jul 15 with 2370 viewshedgeend61

Season Tickets on 20:38 - Jul 15 by cynicalsaint

Got through to someone last Wednesday after numerous failed attempts (finally got in by selecting the corporate events option).

Had quite a long conversation where i was given the sob story - season tickets are our major income stream (umm, really - thought that was broadcasting rights) and got a bit of guilt shaming (we rely on your money for transfers), I pointed out some people might need the money back to pay their mortgage / rent so the club making it hard to get a refund wasn't really on.

Anyhow was told to email my bank details because the new ticketing system isn't up and running for refunds yet (how convenient / incompetent) so finance would need to process the refunds with specific authority from the customer.

I'll follow up again tomorrow but the utter disinterest / contempt the club are showing for a life long supporter really beggars belief.

Being a lifelong supporter aren't you planning to renew next season?

Especially after the way they've performed since last October, I'd find it strange anyone not renewing, unless for financial reasons.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 21:40 - Jul 15 with 2351 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 21:23 - Jul 15 by hedgeend61

Being a lifelong supporter aren't you planning to renew next season?

Especially after the way they've performed since last October, I'd find it strange anyone not renewing, unless for financial reasons.

you're kind of missing the point i think.
Season Tickets on 21:57 - Jul 15 with 2334 viewsSaintsforeverj

They ought to have people at the ticket office. Fans could even book a slot couldn't they if necessary to maintain social distancing. We need to get one ambulant and enabler ticket in our family. We usually show proof of disability, and there isn't the option for this online. When mentioning this to the ticket office, they didn't provide an answer.

So I won't be renewing until they give me an answer to the problem. Would be more than happy to pop down to the ground at an arranged time / slot to sort out the season tickets. Normally we go to the ticket office in person, show disability documents and renew. But they haven't suggested anything, so I can't renew.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 22:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Tickets on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 2320 viewsBuggalugs

Fake news.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Season Tickets on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 2303 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 22:00 - Jul 15 by Buggalugs

Fake news.

Sadly not fake news.
Season Tickets on 22:42 - Jul 15 with 2277 viewsMytchettSaint

I bought a ST (2 actually) for the first time in years last week. Not sure how much I’ll be allowed to use them come the new season but hope springs eternal I guess.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Season Tickets on 12:30 - Jul 16 with 2213 viewsBoris_

I very much doubt the club gave you a sob story and tried to stop you requesting a refund. If they did, why don't you go to the Echo? That's quite a big story.

Poll: Claude Puel

Season Tickets on 14:56 - Jul 16 with 2176 viewshedgeend61

Season Tickets on 21:40 - Jul 15 by cynicalsaint

you're kind of missing the point i think.

Maybe, but my refund on a goals ticket is 112£, so centre tickets max would probably be 160£, so tbh it's hardly worth the ballache of asking for that back as by the time it's in the bank it will be time to pay to renew. (By Sept 1st I think).

Way I look at it is, you shell out 500-800£ for a S/T the previous summer, that money's gone, if yu didn't bother turning up for 5 games you wouldn't expect a refund would you?

Being a lifelong supporter not happy with SFC, aren't you planning to renew next season?
Season Tickets on 15:20 - Jul 16 with 2165 viewsSaintNick

Season Tickets on 14:56 - Jul 16 by hedgeend61

Maybe, but my refund on a goals ticket is 112£, so centre tickets max would probably be 160£, so tbh it's hardly worth the ballache of asking for that back as by the time it's in the bank it will be time to pay to renew. (By Sept 1st I think).

Way I look at it is, you shell out 500-800£ for a S/T the previous summer, that money's gone, if yu didn't bother turning up for 5 games you wouldn't expect a refund would you?

Being a lifelong supporter not happy with SFC, aren't you planning to renew next season?

You are right and if you get the money back then you lose the £35 voucher for applying it to the renewal.

I await the "Ive been a season ticket holder for 20 years up until this season" posts on social media when we get to the cup final next season lol

I cant understand why anyone would have sat through the past two seasons but give up now just as its starting to look good again

Of course there will be some who have financial reasons that mean they have no choice

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Tickets on 15:32 - Jul 16 with 2159 viewsBoris_

Season Tickets on 15:20 - Jul 16 by SaintNick

You are right and if you get the money back then you lose the £35 voucher for applying it to the renewal.

I await the "Ive been a season ticket holder for 20 years up until this season" posts on social media when we get to the cup final next season lol

I cant understand why anyone would have sat through the past two seasons but give up now just as its starting to look good again

Of course there will be some who have financial reasons that mean they have no choice

I am glad you put that final paragraph in. There will be plenty of people out there whose financial situation will have been turned on their head and will really need that £100+ and have no intention of renewing due to being out of work etc.

Season Tickets on 17:23 - Jul 16 with 2134 viewsarfurdent

I suspect that the club are using funds from ST renewals to satisfy requests for refunds, hence the delay to implementing the refunds.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Season Tickets on 19:19 - Jul 16 with 2124 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 12:30 - Jul 16 by Boris_

I very much doubt the club gave you a sob story and tried to stop you requesting a refund. If they did, why don't you go to the Echo? That's quite a big story.

It was a bizarre conversation last week - with a guy called Jack (think he's in supporter relations). Plenty of flannel about how important ST money is vs. other revenue streams, why they couldn't refund earlier, why they couldn't refund now (they had to roll out the new ticketing system when they did due to contractual reasons).

I mail'd them last night to chase them and then called again this morning. Was told refunds were being processed in August and there was nothing they could do other than have me call the west quay tomorrow as there may be someone from the ticket office in then. I explained that Jack had told me to mail my details and they'd expedite things.

Got a mail from Jack a couple of hours later to tell me that "We shall escalate these to our Finance team to accelerate the process and make a BACS transfer. These are made in batches so we cannot give you an exact date it shall be in your account but we shall ask it for as soon as possible. As stated originally our process was to have these refunded from August onwards."

I'll keep you all posted on when it arrives.

My reasons for not renewing after 42 out of 43 seasons as a STH (one year working overseas) - the club weren't at all interested but figure i owe you all an answer after sharing my story here?

Similar to a lot of people who have expressed an opinion on here in the last few years - it's turned into a money driven monster. Nothing like the game i fell in love with on 20th August 1977 when i rocked up to the family centre to watch saints draw 1-1 with Brighton. End of an era but this is nothing to do the quality of football. It principles - i loathe the greed, the hype and the way we get treated by the club. If we get to a cup final next year i'll watch it in the pub.

The way they're handling refunds is up there with the scummiest of businesses - which really grates because apparently we aren't customers we are part of the Southampton family. I don't need the £140 they are holding on to but if there's 1 fan out there that needs it to cover their rent cheque that is being treated like this then shame on them.

In all honesty i am gutted - but enough is enough.
Season Tickets on 21:18 - Jul 16 with 2093 viewsChesham_Saint

Season Tickets on 19:19 - Jul 16 by cynicalsaint

It was a bizarre conversation last week - with a guy called Jack (think he's in supporter relations). Plenty of flannel about how important ST money is vs. other revenue streams, why they couldn't refund earlier, why they couldn't refund now (they had to roll out the new ticketing system when they did due to contractual reasons).

I mail'd them last night to chase them and then called again this morning. Was told refunds were being processed in August and there was nothing they could do other than have me call the west quay tomorrow as there may be someone from the ticket office in then. I explained that Jack had told me to mail my details and they'd expedite things.

Got a mail from Jack a couple of hours later to tell me that "We shall escalate these to our Finance team to accelerate the process and make a BACS transfer. These are made in batches so we cannot give you an exact date it shall be in your account but we shall ask it for as soon as possible. As stated originally our process was to have these refunded from August onwards."

I'll keep you all posted on when it arrives.

My reasons for not renewing after 42 out of 43 seasons as a STH (one year working overseas) - the club weren't at all interested but figure i owe you all an answer after sharing my story here?

Similar to a lot of people who have expressed an opinion on here in the last few years - it's turned into a money driven monster. Nothing like the game i fell in love with on 20th August 1977 when i rocked up to the family centre to watch saints draw 1-1 with Brighton. End of an era but this is nothing to do the quality of football. It principles - i loathe the greed, the hype and the way we get treated by the club. If we get to a cup final next year i'll watch it in the pub.

The way they're handling refunds is up there with the scummiest of businesses - which really grates because apparently we aren't customers we are part of the Southampton family. I don't need the £140 they are holding on to but if there's 1 fan out there that needs it to cover their rent cheque that is being treated like this then shame on them.

In all honesty i am gutted - but enough is enough.

They are an absolute shower of shite. I can’t think of many businesses that would treat their ‘customers’ this way. They’re expecting me to stump up over a grand and they’re treating me like a cvnt. I may well be one, but for that amount of money I expect a reasonable level of service.

Season Tickets on 22:27 - Jul 16 with 2058 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 21:18 - Jul 16 by Chesham_Saint

They are an absolute shower of shite. I can’t think of many businesses that would treat their ‘customers’ this way. They’re expecting me to stump up over a grand and they’re treating me like a cvnt. I may well be one, but for that amount of money I expect a reasonable level of service.

yeah, the customer service aint great but its more than that. they have been dry humping us for years and to prioritise club cash flow over their supporters finances at a time when some may be deep in the 5hit is, in my opinion, unforgiveable.

so i'm out.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 22:36]
Season Tickets on 10:15 - Jul 17 with 2009 viewsBuggalugs

Just renewed my two. Filled out the contact form last night as can't apply credits online if renewing for more than one person. A very pleasant lad rang back at 10.00 this morning saying I had £176.00 worth of credit, so only £517.50 to pay for both.

Wonderful service from SFC

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Season Tickets on 10:21 - Jul 17 with 2006 viewsBoris_

Season Tickets on 10:15 - Jul 17 by Buggalugs

Just renewed my two. Filled out the contact form last night as can't apply credits online if renewing for more than one person. A very pleasant lad rang back at 10.00 this morning saying I had £176.00 worth of credit, so only £517.50 to pay for both.

Wonderful service from SFC

Southampton have sent me a wonderful Cheese and Wine hamper, as well as a special end of Season programme.

Not to mention the promise of a free bottle of Champers when I renew.

Fantastic service.

Season Tickets on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 2000 viewsChesham_Saint

Season Tickets on 10:21 - Jul 17 by Boris_

Southampton have sent me a wonderful Cheese and Wine hamper, as well as a special end of Season programme.

Fantastic service.

I’ll expect all that and an offer of a blow job too then....

Season Tickets on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 1987 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets on 10:21 - Jul 17 by Boris_

Fantastic service.

Great to hear - sounds like they've got the process for returning corporates nailed.

A shame they don't pay so much attention to their retention strategy / consideration for people who aren't in a position to shell out for 'the product' in the current climate.

Wonder what their AP process looks like for small local suppliers and wonder how sustainable the approach to 'customers / supporters' will be when we, inevitably, drop out of the EPL. I was one of the c. 14k who stuck with them last time we dropped down a couple of divisions. Wont be there next time unless something changes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024