Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops 08:22 - Jul 14 with 3547 viewsgrumpy

from July24th,why does it take 11 days?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:39 - Jul 14 with 1400 views1ASIN12

Maybe because some fvcking idiots don't have any to wear and will no doubt moan its not fair etc.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 08:45 - Jul 14 with 1393 viewssaint22

Yet another shambolic pointless decision by this government
Should have happened weeks ago and why do we need 10 days to phase it in
ffs
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 09:30 - Jul 14 with 1357 viewsSadoldgit

So after months of dithering someone has finally made a decision about wearing face masks. It is clearly very important that we wear them in shops (not pubs?). So much so that we can carry on not wearing them for another 11 days. Another shambolic decision in a very, very long line of shambolic and late decisions. This lot went beyond incompetence some time ago. Is anyone actually listening to them any more? Only the other day Johnson and Gove were contradicting each other again. Bunch of bloody clowns the lot of them.

Just read that shop workers won’t have to wear masks!! What a farce.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 9:39]
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:13 - Jul 14 with 1320 viewsSaintNick

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 09:30 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

So after months of dithering someone has finally made a decision about wearing face masks. It is clearly very important that we wear them in shops (not pubs?). So much so that we can carry on not wearing them for another 11 days. Another shambolic decision in a very, very long line of shambolic and late decisions. This lot went beyond incompetence some time ago. Is anyone actually listening to them any more? Only the other day Johnson and Gove were contradicting each other again. Bunch of bloody clowns the lot of them.

Rather than moan at the government why not try to look at some of the reasons why they are phasing it in.

Firstly if they had just announced it and said it goes into virtually immediate affect , there would have been a rush of people buying face masks and within days half the population would own all the face masks which would now be possible to obtain and the other half would have no face masks and be unable to go to the shops.

Secondly the fact they haven't put it into immediate affect could mean they see it as an extra prevention not essential.

Thirdly the number of people using the pubs is minimal compared to the number who have to go shopping.

Fourthly some say it is dithering, but what actual medical evidence do you base that on ? the Government has followed the medical advice virtually to the letter, so perhaps it is not dithering but planning.

I have grown sick of the so called "experts" on social media who know so much more than the government or for that matter anyone else.

The truth is that no one knows whether right or wrong decisions have been made because the medical experts are still unsure of how the disease is transmitted and the cure for it, there has not been years of research into this, it started only 6 months ago, it is trial and error in everything, it is a disease that seems to transmit and grow differently in different countries, different part of those countries and different sections of the population.

No one truly know what the right or wrong things to do are.

I a no lover of the Government, but I do know they have followed the medical advice and whoever was in Governement would be receiving the same advice from the same people and doing the same things.

I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this and that is the saddest thing about this, we are not united as a country in beating it, it is a political football

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:21 - Jul 14 with 1315 viewssaint22

Really?
How long has the world known that wearing masks is a better choice than not?
How badly has this whole pandemic been mismanaged and reactive by this government yet you try and defend them?
Track & trace, testing, masks, care homes failure after failure
Next you will be saying Trump has got it all right too
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:28 - Jul 14 with 1308 viewskingslandstand1

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:13 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Rather than moan at the government why not try to look at some of the reasons why they are phasing it in.

Firstly if they had just announced it and said it goes into virtually immediate affect , there would have been a rush of people buying face masks and within days half the population would own all the face masks which would now be possible to obtain and the other half would have no face masks and be unable to go to the shops.

Secondly the fact they haven't put it into immediate affect could mean they see it as an extra prevention not essential.

Thirdly the number of people using the pubs is minimal compared to the number who have to go shopping.

Fourthly some say it is dithering, but what actual medical evidence do you base that on ? the Government has followed the medical advice virtually to the letter, so perhaps it is not dithering but planning.

I have grown sick of the so called "experts" on social media who know so much more than the government or for that matter anyone else.

The truth is that no one knows whether right or wrong decisions have been made because the medical experts are still unsure of how the disease is transmitted and the cure for it, there has not been years of research into this, it started only 6 months ago, it is trial and error in everything, it is a disease that seems to transmit and grow differently in different countries, different part of those countries and different sections of the population.

I a no lover of the Government, but I do know they have followed the medical advice and whoever was in Governement would be receiving the same advice from the same people and doing the same things.

I also know that if Labour were in power that they would not be getting slaughtered by the Tories for doing exactly this and that is the saddest thing about this, we are not united as a country in beating it, it is a political football

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:50 - Jul 14 with 1285 views1885_SFC

Hang on - let's go by the advice that your beloved WHO give regarding face masks. After all, they're the world authority.

Uuuummm... errrrmm... nope, we don't need them they said. There's not enough evidence that the general public will benefit from wearing one.

Oh, hang on. Yes - yes we should... nope... uuummm... damn... oh yes... no... maybe... FFS.

YES!!! The WHO now say yes, we should now all wear one.

Thank God that's all clear then... for now.

Old School is Cool

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:52 - Jul 14 with 1282 viewsChesham_Saint

At last, a reasoned response. Thank you Nick.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:54 - Jul 14 with 1277 viewsSaintNick

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:21 - Jul 14 by saint22

Really?
How long has the world known that wearing masks is a better choice than not?
How badly has this whole pandemic been mismanaged and reactive by this government yet you try and defend them?
Track & trace, testing, masks, care homes failure after failure
Next you will be saying Trump has got it all right too

Yes really.

1 The truth is that the World doesn't know how much wearing masks stops the disease or doesn't stop it, no one does, everyone is stabbing in the dark

2. No one knows how badly the government had managed the situation because there is nothing to actually compare it with. We do not know whether we would have lost only 10,000 lives or actually 60,000 if we had done it differently as there is no blanket answer, t seems to attack everyone differently

3. I'm not defending them, I am just pointing out that they have followed the medical advice.

4. If you want to mention care homes then perhaps we should consider that these are all privately run, they charge around £4,000 per month for the minimal level of care and they employ staff on minimum wages, yet it is a government failure, not that of a rich owner to actually impose the advice given.

5.If you want to bring politics on to this board do so in an adult way which debates the full situation instead of just the headlines and involving veiled abuse

6. I have never said a good word about Donald Trump, so thank you for justifying number 5 above with such a childish and schoolboyish remark

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:05 - Jul 14 with 1266 viewsButty101

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:54 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Yes really.

1 The truth is that the World doesn't know how much wearing masks stops the disease or doesn't stop it, no one does, everyone is stabbing in the dark

2. No one knows how badly the government had managed the situation because there is nothing to actually compare it with. We do not know whether we would have lost only 10,000 lives or actually 60,000 if we had done it differently as there is no blanket answer, t seems to attack everyone differently

3. I'm not defending them, I am just pointing out that they have followed the medical advice.

4. If you want to mention care homes then perhaps we should consider that these are all privately run, they charge around £4,000 per month for the minimal level of care and they employ staff on minimum wages, yet it is a government failure, not that of a rich owner to actually impose the advice given.

5.If you want to bring politics on to this board do so in an adult way which debates the full situation instead of just the headlines and involving veiled abuse

6. I have never said a good word about Donald Trump, so thank you for justifying number 5 above with such a childish and schoolboyish remark

Well said Nick.

Particularly point 4 and care homes.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:06 - Jul 14 with 1266 viewsChesham_Saint

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:54 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Yes really.

Re the whole mask wearing debate, I take my lead from that Dr Hillary fella on morning TV who has been a voice of sanity throughout giving strong criticism but also praise when due.

His take is that masks have only very limited effect but are primarily a courtesy by the wearer to prevent their breath and snot particles spreading like an exploding viral grenade if they sneeze. Conversely, they are virtually useless at preventing the ingress of the virus.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:07 - Jul 14 with 1265 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t think that you necessarily have to buy a face mask. You just have to wearing a covering which could be self made or just use a scarf. Does it take 11 days to sort something useable out if it is that important that we wear one?

Most of us spend much longer in pubs than in shops and spend time closer to others if inside. Surely it makes sense to wear one there too? The governments argument is that it isn’t practical in pubs. Surely this isn’t about practicality, it is about safety?

If there is a need to wear a face mask in a shop or a supermarket surely that applies to everyone? A shop worker can be symptomatic just like a shopper can.

The debate about face masks has been going on for months and weeks ago the scientists were telling us that wearing them could prevent the spread of the virus yet it had taken this long to do something about it. Even then Gove has contradicted Johnson.

I am not an Internet expert on viruses but I recognise a complete shambolic response to an emergency situation when I see one. I’m not sure how much more evidence you need Nick, but surely you were given the heads up when our PM boasted about shaking hands with Covid victims only to then get infected himself?
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:16 - Jul 14 with 1259 viewsSaintNick

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:07 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I don’t think that you necessarily have to buy a face mask. You just have to wearing a covering which could be self made or just use a scarf. Does it take 11 days to sort something useable out if it is that important that we wear one?

Most of us spend much longer in pubs than in shops and spend time closer to others if inside. Surely it makes sense to wear one there too? The governments argument is that it isn’t practical in pubs. Surely this isn’t about practicality, it is about safety?

If there is a need to wear a face mask in a shop or a supermarket surely that applies to everyone? A shop worker can be symptomatic just like a shopper can.

The debate about face masks has been going on for months and weeks ago the scientists were telling us that wearing them could prevent the spread of the virus yet it had taken this long to do something about it. Even then Gove has contradicted Johnson.

I am not an Internet expert on viruses but I recognise a complete shambolic response to an emergency situation when I see one. I’m not sure how much more evidence you need Nick, but surely you were given the heads up when our PM boasted about shaking hands with Covid victims only to then get infected himself?

The number of people who go in pubs is a lot less than those that go in shops, I havent a clue about the average hours spent in pubs or shops etc so there is no point in discussing it we are all only guessing.

Most people going in pubs at the moment are outside not inside

Most shopworkers on the tills are now behind screens, in my experience those stacking shelves etc are wearing masks

In saying Gove and Johnson contradict each other, it shows how no one knows how much evidence there is in wearing masks.

Your last paragraph actually tells me where you are coming from, whoever was in charge would now be shambolic, every government is because they don't know what is right and what is wrong.

Johnson shook hands to try and calm the situation but that has backfired,

You ask how much evidence is needed, but there is no evidence, we don't know what doing things differently would have achieved whether it would have been better or worse

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:19 - Jul 14 with 1254 viewsBuggalugs

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:06 - Jul 14 by Chesham_Saint

Re the whole mask wearing debate, I take my lead from that Dr Hillary fella on morning TV who has been a voice of sanity throughout giving strong criticism but also praise when due.

His take is that masks have only very limited effect but are primarily a courtesy by the wearer to prevent their breath and snot particles spreading like an exploding viral grenade if they sneeze. Conversely, they are virtually useless at preventing the ingress of the virus.

When I was in the supermarket the other day, this older couple were doing their shopping, both in masks. Just as I was going past, the old fella lifted the mask, let out a massive slobbery sneeze, wiped his face with the back of his hand, put his mask back on and continued with his shopping.

Lovely.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:20 - Jul 14 with 1252 viewsBoris_

Pointless decision forced on them by crybaby lefties who will moan at anything.

Much to the disappointment of Soppy and his friends, deaths and cases continue to fall. We are now at a stage in the virus where outbreaks can be contained locally - all masks will do is discourage people from going to the high street and shop online more ( which personally helps me but I feel sorry for those whose businesses will be killed off by this measure ).

Poll: Claude Puel

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:28 - Jul 14 with 1246 viewsSaintsforeverj

They have given us 11 days, to give us time to decide what sort of mask we would like. I'm not wearing any old mask. I want my mask to look good.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 11:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:30 - Jul 14 with 1238 viewsBoris_

It's not important, Boris just wants to shut bed wetters like you up for 5 minutes.

It's a pathetic show of weakness from the Government who should not be pandering to hysterical tarts like yourself.

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:45 - Jul 14 with 1225 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:30 - Jul 14 by Boris_

It's not important, Boris just wants to shut bed wetters like you up for 5 minutes.

It's a pathetic show of weakness from the Government who should not be pandering to hysterical tarts like yourself.

Lol! You call me a hysterical tart Doris yet what about your constant tirades against lazy workshy teachers or anyone daring to support BLM?

Don’t pretend that if Labour had won the last election and had managed it so ineptly that you wouldn’t be all over them like a rash.

Your just a happy bunny because, apparently, you have made a lot of money out of a pandemic that has killed off over half a million people.

Well done you!
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:55 - Jul 14 with 1214 viewsBoris_

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 11:45 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Lol! You call me a hysterical tart Doris yet what about your constant tirades against lazy workshy teachers or anyone daring to support BLM?

Don’t pretend that if Labour had won the last election and had managed it so ineptly that you wouldn’t be all over them like a rash.

Your just a happy bunny because, apparently, you have made a lot of money out of a pandemic that has killed off over half a million people.

Well done you!

Tories made mistakes and this face mask one is shambolic.

Labour would have made a similar amount of mistakes.

As would any government.

I just don't get hysterical and politicise a pandemic like the anti-Brexit/Tory brigade do.

Also, OAP using "lol!" - I'd hate to see your internet search history.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2020 11:55]

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:15 - Jul 14 with 1195 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 10:50 - Jul 14 by 1885_SFC

Hang on - let's go by the advice that your beloved WHO give regarding face masks. After all, they're the world authority.

Uuuummm... errrrmm... nope, we don't need them they said. There's not enough evidence that the general public will benefit from wearing one.

Oh, hang on. Yes - yes we should... nope... uuummm... damn... oh yes... no... maybe... FFS.

YES!!! The WHO now say yes, we should now all wear one.

Thank God that's all clear then... for now.

This is precisely the issue. Several weeks ago the WHO along with our governments own experts advised that, although a normal face covering probably wouldn’t protect you from the virus, it did have a beneficial effect on stopping the virus spreading. Scotland acted on that information but it has taken Johnson weeks to do the same after previously saying it was down to the common sense of the individual??? So what did that mean? We either need to wear one or we don’t. No point in me wearing one if no one else is. All of a sudden it is so important we wear one that we get fined £100 if we don’t. Unless we are in a pub. Or somewhere other than a shop, a supermarket or on public transport. Not forgetting of course the dozens of people who are working in the supermarkets whilst we are shopping.

🤪
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:44 - Jul 14 with 1176 viewsSaintNick

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:15 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

This is precisely the issue. Several weeks ago the WHO along with our governments own experts advised that, although a normal face covering probably wouldn’t protect you from the virus, it did have a beneficial effect on stopping the virus spreading. Scotland acted on that information but it has taken Johnson weeks to do the same after previously saying it was down to the common sense of the individual??? So what did that mean? We either need to wear one or we don’t. No point in me wearing one if no one else is. All of a sudden it is so important we wear one that we get fined £100 if we don’t. Unless we are in a pub. Or somewhere other than a shop, a supermarket or on public transport. Not forgetting of course the dozens of people who are working in the supermarkets whilst we are shopping.

🤪

Is this the same WHO who reported that this virus could not be transmitted between humans after speaking to China and who bar Taiwan from the organisation ?

Scotland will act on anything to try and discredit England and generate anti English feeling in Scotland that will lead to another independence vote

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:45 - Jul 14 with 1173 views1ASIN12

Have to agree with all of that.

Too many people think they know better.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:49 - Jul 14 with 1166 viewsBoris_

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:44 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Is this the same WHO who reported that this virus could not be transmitted between humans after speaking to China and who bar Taiwan from the organisation ?

Scotland will act on anything to try and discredit England and generate anti English feeling in Scotland that will lead to another independence vote

You're completely right on Scotland.

Sturgeon is intentionally doing everything she can to stir up the campaign for independence. If England locked down tomorrow, she'd open up.

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:55 - Jul 14 with 1162 viewsA1079

Well said Nick.
Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 13:06 - Jul 14 with 1153 viewsSadoldgit

Face Coverings Mandatory in Shops on 12:44 - Jul 14 by SaintNick

Well they seemed to come round to the same conclusions as our people eventually so does it matter what they thought initially when everyone was trying to figure it out?

As for Scotland, perhaps they actually got this right earlier?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024