Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another u-turn 18:08 - Jul 14 with 1484 viewsSadoldgit

Now a u-turn on the 5G plan with Huawei. Oops.
Yet another u-turn on 18:23 - Jul 14 with 1096 views1885_SFC

Thank fook for that. The government has finally seen sense.

Old School is Cool

Yet another u-turn on 18:59 - Jul 14 with 1073 viewsChesham_Saint

Oh, FFS give it a rest.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Yet another u-turn on 19:48 - Jul 14 with 1036 viewsBoris_

You must be such a boring, bed wetting old dribbler with no friends. The sort of lonely character that sits on his own in the corner of the working mans club and everyone points and laughs at.

Poll: Claude Puel

Yet another u-turn on 19:58 - Jul 14 with 1028 viewssaint68

Things change, that's life...although you do seem very stuck in your ways...I suppose there is always the exception to the rule.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Yet another u-turn on 22:06 - Jul 14 with 970 viewsBazza

Yet another u-turn on 18:23 - Jul 14 by 1885_SFC

Thank fook for that. The government has finally seen sense.

Soggy, who was u-turning? According to the Sunday Times; Incredibly it was civil service officials not ministers who authorised the initial deal in 2005 between BT and Huawei. Later Sir Mark Sedwill kept rejecting the US concerns and helped sack Gavin Williamson (May’s Defence Secretary) who was trying to stop the 5G deal Sedwill is now sacked.
Yet another u-turn on 22:15 - Jul 14 with 964 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 19:48 - Jul 14 by Boris_

You must be such a boring, bed wetting old dribbler with no friends. The sort of lonely character that sits on his own in the corner of the working mans club and everyone points and laughs at.

Wrong again Doris. Happy to dish it out but you really don’t like it when it comes your way. Upset that Trump has forced your namesake into another about turn?
Yet another u-turn on 22:33 - Jul 14 with 947 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 22:06 - Jul 14 by Bazza

Soggy, who was u-turning? According to the Sunday Times; Incredibly it was civil service officials not ministers who authorised the initial deal in 2005 between BT and Huawei. Later Sir Mark Sedwill kept rejecting the US concerns and helped sack Gavin Williamson (May’s Defence Secretary) who was trying to stop the 5G deal Sedwill is now sacked.

I assume that the government signed off on the deal originally Bazza? There was a large negative outcry when Johnson announced it but he stood by the decision.
Yet another u-turn on 08:26 - Jul 15 with 863 viewsJaySaint

Yet another u-turn on 22:33 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

I assume that the government signed off on the deal originally Bazza? There was a large negative outcry when Johnson announced it but he stood by the decision.

this deal was signed way before Johnson became PM

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another u-turn on 10:40 - Jul 15 with 816 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 08:26 - Jul 15 by JaySaint

this deal was signed way before Johnson became PM

This from Politics Home on 23rd January 2020.

Boris Johnson is set to award the contract to help build part of the UKs 5G network to Huawei as soon as next week in a snub to Donald Trump. The US President has repeatedly warned the PM not to go with the Chinese firm over security risks with the US officials saying last week it “would be madness” to do so.

But a senior government official said Huawei has already been working within the British comms architecture for 15 years and the risk is managed by the National Security Council. It would also cost billions to go with another supplier and significantly delay the roll out of super fast mobile internet.

So it would appear that Johnson did sign off on the deal.
Yet another u-turn on 10:45 - Jul 15 with 810 viewsBoris_

Yet another u-turn on 22:15 - Jul 14 by Sadoldgit

Wrong again Doris. Happy to dish it out but you really don’t like it when it comes your way. Upset that Trump has forced your namesake into another about turn?

I voted Conservative - We won.
I voted Brexit - We won.

You voted Remain - You lost.
You voted Labour - You lost.

I am a born winner. You are a born loser.

There's the difference soppy.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 10:50]

Yet another u-turn on 11:02 - Jul 15 with 799 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 10:45 - Jul 15 by Boris_

I voted Conservative - We won.
I voted Brexit - We won.

You voted Remain - You lost.
You voted Labour - You lost.

I am a born winner. You are a born loser.

There's the difference soppy.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 10:50]

You do understand how childish that post makes you sound don’t you Doris?
Yet another u-turn on 11:04 - Jul 15 with 793 viewsBoris_

Yet another u-turn on 11:02 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

You do understand how childish that post makes you sound don’t you Doris?

Loooooooooooooser!

Yet another u-turn on 11:05 - Jul 15 with 793 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 11:04 - Jul 15 by Boris_

Loooooooooooooser!

😂😂😂. How old are you?

We are discussing another ridiculous government decision and u-turn, not discussing your childish ego problems Doris.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 11:12]
Yet another u-turn on 11:08 - Jul 15 with 785 viewsJaySaint

Yet another u-turn on 10:40 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

This from Politics Home on 23rd January 2020.

Boris Johnson is set to award the contract to help build part of the UKs 5G network to Huawei as soon as next week in a snub to Donald Trump. The US President has repeatedly warned the PM not to go with the Chinese firm over security risks with the US officials saying last week it “would be madness” to do so.

But a senior government official said Huawei has already been working within the British comms architecture for 15 years and the risk is managed by the National Security Council. It would also cost billions to go with another supplier and significantly delay the roll out of super fast mobile internet.

So it would appear that Johnson did sign off on the deal.

ah well, great that he had the courage to change his mind in light of new developments (and mark Sedwill has gone)

Yet another u-turn on 11:15 - Jul 15 with 770 viewsBoris_

Yet another u-turn on 11:05 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

😂😂😂. How old are you?

We are discussing another ridiculous government decision and u-turn, not discussing your childish ego problems Doris.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 11:12]

It's not a ridiculous u-turn. China inflicted a global pandemic on the world.

Times have changed since the initial decision.

You'd moan either way you dribbling bed wetting old man! ( Oh and a loser! )

Yet another u-turn on 13:09 - Jul 15 with 736 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 11:08 - Jul 15 by JaySaint

ah well, great that he had the courage to change his mind in light of new developments (and mark Sedwill has gone)

I think the issue here Jay is the multiple number of u-turns we have seen from this government. They give the impression that they don’t know what they are doing.
Yet another u-turn on 13:13 - Jul 15 with 734 viewsJaySaint

Yet another u-turn on 13:09 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

I think the issue here Jay is the multiple number of u-turns we have seen from this government. They give the impression that they don’t know what they are doing.

multiple u-turns? really?

Yet another u-turn on 13:50 - Jul 15 with 716 viewsBoris_

Yet another u-turn on 13:09 - Jul 15 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps it gives the impression that they are listening to public opinion?

Or perhaps there was a massive f*cking global pandemic that one way or another, China was responsible for which has changed our appetite for doing BUSINESS with them?

Yet another u-turn on 14:58 - Jul 15 with 694 viewsDorsetIan

Yet another u-turn on 13:50 - Jul 15 by Boris_

Perhaps it gives the impression that they are listening to public opinion?

Or perhaps there was a massive f*cking global pandemic that one way or another, China was responsible for which has changed our appetite for doing BUSINESS with them?

A point of detail perhaps, but it the situation in Hong Kong and massive pressure from the US rather than any blame game around Covid that has shifted our relationship with China.

You shouldn't take what Trump says seriously, you know. The 'Chinese virus' stuff is BECAUSE he wants a fight with China, not the reason for it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Yet another u-turn on 17:19 - Jul 15 with 679 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 13:13 - Jul 15 by JaySaint

multiple u-turns? really?

Yes, a number of them. Keep up.
Yet another u-turn on 19:18 - Jul 15 with 656 viewskernow

Not expecting to sèe any major new signings so let's develop and enjoy watching (hopefuĺly soon) the exciting young Saints that we currently have.
Yet another u-turn on 19:36 - Jul 15 with 641 viewsBoris_

Yet another u-turn on 14:58 - Jul 15 by DorsetIan

A point of detail perhaps, but it the situation in Hong Kong and massive pressure from the US rather than any blame game around Covid that has shifted our relationship with China.

You shouldn't take what Trump says seriously, you know. The 'Chinese virus' stuff is BECAUSE he wants a fight with China, not the reason for it.

The virus either originated in a laboratory or in their wet markets. Regardless of whether it was intentional or not ( I am on the fence with that ) , there is absolutely no doubt that the virus originated in China.

Yet another u-turn on 20:05 - Jul 15 with 626 viewskernow

Yet another u-turn on 19:18 - Jul 15 by kernow

Not expecting to sèe any major new signings so let's develop and enjoy watching (hopefuĺly soon) the exciting young Saints that we currently have.

This was meant to be posted on another thread about Saints' defensive issues and potential new signings. Not quite sure what happened. Too much C8alvados probably.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 20:06]
Yet another u-turn on 20:24 - Jul 15 with 612 viewsChesham_Saint

Yet another u-turn on 20:05 - Jul 15 by kernow

This was meant to be posted on another thread about Saints' defensive issues and potential new signings. Not quite sure what happened. Too much C8alvados probably.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 20:06]

I actually think it's improved this thread no end and made a refreshing change from all the po-faced self righteous bull shit...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Yet another u-turn on 20:40 - Jul 15 with 596 viewsSadoldgit

Yet another u-turn on 11:15 - Jul 15 by Boris_

It's not a ridiculous u-turn. China inflicted a global pandemic on the world.

Times have changed since the initial decision.

You'd moan either way you dribbling bed wetting old man! ( Oh and a loser! )

Read what I said. I said we were discussing a ridiculous decision (you might recall the fuss about it when it was made) and the subsequent u-turn.

What has changed since the decision was made? Has someone suddenly realised the security implications despite us knowing the implications when Johnson agreed the deal?

You are so busy firing childish abuse you completely miss the point of what people are saying. You just make yourself look silly Doris.

Not much of a winner really are you?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2020 20:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024