Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth 12:49 - Jul 16 with 3284 viewsSaintNick

Who thinks they might just pull out of it ?

If Watford lose to West Ham tomorrow night then there last two games are against Manchester City home and Arsenal away, as it stands at the moment, Bournemouth are 3 points and 4 goals difference behind

I think unless Watford beat West Ham I would back Bournemouth to get out of it, I can see them getting at least 1 win out of the last 2 games possibly a draw as well, I think Watford are now the team in trouble, Bournemouth have the momentum if they Watford fail to win at West Ham

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 12:56 - Jul 16 with 1835 viewsWints76

Yep, I think they could well do it. Working with a pessimistic Watford fan has also convinced me they are in big trouble.

Am still just praying it is West Ham and someone else
Bournemouth on 13:02 - Jul 16 with 1821 viewsDorsetIan

I think Bournemouth have got no more than a slim chance and I think they will have to win their final two games and hope that one of the three teams about them will pick up 0 or 1 points from the remaining three games.

I've been saying for a while that Bournemouth had thrown in the towel soon too soon. Their change in attitude might have come a bit too late, but I did put a small amount on Brighton to drop at 90-1 because stranger things have happened.

As we're playing Brighton and then Bournemouth next we're going to have a big say in things.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bournemouth on 13:21 - Jul 16 with 1788 viewsTimSaint

Man City put out a weakened side against them last night - still capable of getting a cricket score - but once they were in front, they sat back and it nearly bit them on the bum.
Can't really blame them, as they have other competitions (FA Cup and CL) to compete in and it is a squad game after all, but my Villa mate said that they should have gone for it more and scored the 5 goals they usually get - as the goal difference has an affect as well as the over all result.
I fully expect us, as RH has hinted with his targets, that we compete and (hopefully) beat both Brighton and Bournemouth in our next 2 games.
No favours to anyone, win every game and try to finish as high up the league as possible with as many points as possible. If it relegates someone, so what, they would want to do the same to us if it was the other way round. The season is over 38 games, not the last few, so whoever goes down at the end of it, will have deserved to.

TimSaint

Bournemouth on 13:27 - Jul 16 with 1781 viewsbattler

Bournemouth on 13:02 - Jul 16 by DorsetIan

I think Bournemouth have got no more than a slim chance and I think they will have to win their final two games and hope that one of the three teams about them will pick up 0 or 1 points from the remaining three games.

I've been saying for a while that Bournemouth had thrown in the towel soon too soon. Their change in attitude might have come a bit too late, but I did put a small amount on Brighton to drop at 90-1 because stranger things have happened.

As we're playing Brighton and then Bournemouth next we're going to have a big say in things.

Yep pretty much agree. The result against Leicester was superb but why start turning it on now so late in the season.
Also Man City already have 2nd place in the bag and they have far more important games ahead so they rarely got out of 2nd gear last night.
Saying that I'd rather they stay up at the expense of West Ham any day though.
Bournemouth on 13:37 - Jul 16 with 1768 viewsButty101

Bournemouth on 13:21 - Jul 16 by TimSaint

Man City put out a weakened side against them last night - still capable of getting a cricket score - but once they were in front, they sat back and it nearly bit them on the bum.
Can't really blame them, as they have other competitions (FA Cup and CL) to compete in and it is a squad game after all, but my Villa mate said that they should have gone for it more and scored the 5 goals they usually get - as the goal difference has an affect as well as the over all result.
I fully expect us, as RH has hinted with his targets, that we compete and (hopefully) beat both Brighton and Bournemouth in our next 2 games.
No favours to anyone, win every game and try to finish as high up the league as possible with as many points as possible. If it relegates someone, so what, they would want to do the same to us if it was the other way round. The season is over 38 games, not the last few, so whoever goes down at the end of it, will have deserved to.

Didnt Bournemouth do us a massive favour last season. Smashing one of our relegation rivals before letting us turn them over at home.
I would be happy to do them a favour.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bournemouth on 13:40 - Jul 16 with 1767 viewskingslandstand1

Well we must be favourites against them on Sunday and could send them down with our away record. Ok, they lost night but put up a fight apparently, and trounced Leicester

We must be up for it as much as they will be and let's just hope Ralph let's the players know that. Hate to say it we haven't got a great record against them

Watford are just so unpredictable though so I wouldn't put money on them going down
Bournemouth on 13:50 - Jul 16 with 1754 viewsTimSaint

Bournemouth on 13:37 - Jul 16 by Butty101

Didnt Bournemouth do us a massive favour last season. Smashing one of our relegation rivals before letting us turn them over at home.

Last season was 0-0 away and 3-3 at home. At home we managed to get 3-2 in front, via a header from Matt Targett, but conceded late on.

Think we drew at their place the season before that too, but won at home thanks to possibly 2 Tadic goals (he certainly got the winner anyway).

We beat them 3-1 at their place when JRod was playing for us - getting back to fitness after being out for so long. He scored a belter for the 3rd I think. That was probably 16-17 season !! How time flies.

Anyway they beat us at home this season, so we should be aiming to avenge that !! :-)

TimSaint

Bournemouth on 13:54 - Jul 16 with 1747 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Annoyingly I think you're right - they will suddenly pick up 6 points.

Although having said that, I can also see Villa winning tonight against a lacklustre Everton.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 13:56]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth on 14:00 - Jul 16 with 1730 viewsButty101

Bournemouth on 13:50 - Jul 16 by TimSaint

Last season was 0-0 away and 3-3 at home. At home we managed to get 3-2 in front, via a header from Matt Targett, but conceded late on.

Think we drew at their place the season before that too, but won at home thanks to possibly 2 Tadic goals (he certainly got the winner anyway).

We beat them 3-1 at their place when JRod was playing for us - getting back to fitness after being out for so long. He scored a belter for the 3rd I think. That was probably 16-17 season !! How time flies.

Anyway they beat us at home this season, so we should be aiming to avenge that !! :-)

shows what my memory is like........

I think it must have been 2017/18 season. They meekly lost at ours 2-1 (as you say double from tadic) then the following week beat Swansea at home.

I would like to see them survive. If we beat them and would finish 9th then i would take that. If we beat them and remain 11th - well let them have it

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bournemouth on 14:01 - Jul 16 with 1727 viewsdirk_doone

I'll be glad to see the back of Bournemouth. They have become a bogey team for us and we have only won 1 of our last 6 games against them. But, as those results suggest, we are going to find them very difficult to beat yet again.

On current form, you'd expect them to beat Everton so the result against us will be key to whether they stay up or not. It will be like a cup final for them and, as Howe has shown, he knows how to beat us. Aké getting injured when they were losing to Leicester has been a blessing in disguise for them because Steve Cook came on and he is a real leader who has galvanized their team. The extra day they have to rest and prepare for the game will be an advantage too.

I really hope we can beat them and get rid of an annoying bogey team.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bournemouth on 14:05 - Jul 16 with 1719 viewsTimSaint

Bournemouth on 14:00 - Jul 16 by Butty101

shows what my memory is like........

I think it must have been 2017/18 season. They meekly lost at ours 2-1 (as you say double from tadic) then the following week beat Swansea at home.

I would like to see them survive. If we beat them and would finish 9th then i would take that. If we beat them and remain 11th - well let them have it

Fair enough :-)

I really don't want them to do the double over us though. It is bad enough that the likes of Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham (and obviously Liverpool) have already done so, especially when we have taken points off City, Leicester, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs etc.

Draw perhaps ?

TimSaint

Bournemouth on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 1706 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth on 14:01 - Jul 16 by dirk_doone

I'll be glad to see the back of Bournemouth. They have become a bogey team for us and we have only won 1 of our last 6 games against them. But, as those results suggest, we are going to find them very difficult to beat yet again.

On current form, you'd expect them to beat Everton so the result against us will be key to whether they stay up or not. It will be like a cup final for them and, as Howe has shown, he knows how to beat us. Aké getting injured when they were losing to Leicester has been a blessing in disguise for them because Steve Cook came on and he is a real leader who has galvanized their team. The extra day they have to rest and prepare for the game will be an advantage too.

I really hope we can beat them and get rid of an annoying bogey team.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:20]

Wouldnt quite say bogie team yes you are right we have won only one out of the last 6, but so have they and the other 4 were draws, of the 9 games played so far in the Premier League we have won 3 and they have won 2 with 4 draws.

Whatever happens Sunday is a big game for them, but first they have to hope West ham win tomorrow , the result in that is key to them, but whatever happens they do need to get at least a point against us preferably a win

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 14:15 - Jul 16 with 1701 viewshedgeend61

Bournemouth are 6/1 to stay up (a longshot), 1/10 to be relegated.

So a West Ham win would give them the best chance, though a draw could leave Bournemouth needing a win and a draw to catch Watford.
Though if Villa were to win 2 from 3, that would throw a spanner in the works.

Bournemouth couldn't have asked for 2 better fixtures (apart from Palace) as us and Everton are realistically only fighting over 11 & 12th place.

I think we my may not bust a gut down there Sunday, and help out our little neighbours.
Bournemouth on 14:33 - Jul 16 with 1682 viewsRon11

Yes.
I wish it was Burnley down there with that Dyche asshole and his kick and rush football.
Bournemouth on 14:58 - Jul 16 with 1666 viewsdirk_doone

No. Our only victory in our last 6 games against them was a 2-1 win at St Mary's in the 2017/18 season and that was a real battle. Josh King scored their equalizer in injury time at the end of the first half.

Our entire defence was booked in what the BBC described as "a dogged - and sometimes desperate - defensive display to keep Bournemouth out. " McCarthy kept us in it with some great saves at the end.

Bournemouth certainly weren't trying to do us any favours. Their fans, players and manager would have loved to send us down.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 15:17]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bournemouth on 15:37 - Jul 16 with 1606 viewskingslandstand1

Bournemouth on 14:15 - Jul 16 by hedgeend61

So a West Ham win would give them the best chance, though a draw could leave Bournemouth needing a win and a draw to catch Watford.

Bournemouth couldn't have asked for 2 better fixtures (apart from Palace) as us and Everton are realistically only fighting over 11 & 12th place.

I think we my may not bust a gut down there Sunday, and help out our little neighbours.

A lot of ifs and buts where we have been quite a few times over the years but I really hope we don't "help out our little neighbours." as you call it

I'm hoping Villa stay up and "little Bournemouth" take Watford down with them
Bournemouth on 16:04 - Jul 16 with 1577 viewssolent_toffee

Bournemouth on 14:15 - Jul 16 by hedgeend61

I’d be glad to see the back of both Villa and Bournemouth. Villa fans are predominantly whoppers who act like the barmy army throughout the match with epic banter.

I thought Bournemouth would be a great away day when they got promoted but didn’t take into account the size of their ground and can never get a ticket, plus Everton can never win down there.

That said, they will both be well up for beating a non plussed Everton team.
Bournemouth on 16:06 - Jul 16 with 1575 viewsgreen

I've been to all of our recent games at Dean Court but couldn't get a ticket last season when the number of games needed to qualify for a ticket seemed to have gone up by a fair number. Loved our trip there in the L1 promotion season and for the Puel season (I think) when Jay Rodriguez scored a great goal to make it 3-1 but our first PL visit was horrific under Koeman losing 2-0.

They seem to fancy their chances of survival by beating both us and Everton.

I think they might do it by just beating Everton and maybe drawing with us with another day of rest by Sunday.

At least it could provide some last day drama. My preference would be for Bournemouth and West Ham to join Norwich as they've both taken points of us whereas we've taken 18 points from Norwich, Villa and Watford this season.
Bournemouth on 08:38 - Jul 17 with 1407 viewssledger

Bournmouth,shit fans with a chip on there shoulder with us let's help there relegation by putting a nail in there coffin lid on sunday
Bournemouth on 16:40 - Jul 17 with 1320 viewsarfurdent

Bournemouth on 08:38 - Jul 17 by sledger

Bournmouth,shit fans with a chip on there shoulder with us let's help there relegation by putting a nail in there coffin lid on sunday

Amen to that

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Bournemouth on 19:17 - Jul 17 with 1266 viewskernow

Watford can feckorff .
West Ham could have but my new best mate/neighbour supports them so hope they stay up.
Villa can feckorff too.
Bournemouth on 19:18 - Jul 17 with 1264 viewskernow

To be honest I don't really care.
Bournemouth on 19:56 - Jul 17 with 1242 viewsChesham_Saint

Bournemouth on 19:17 - Jul 17 by kernow

Watford can feckorff .
West Ham could have but my new best mate/neighbour supports them so hope they stay up.
Villa can feckorff too.

Just shows how personal an experience football is:

West Ham: at the Dell my first game. Bobby Moore, Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst. Under the lights. I was in the East Stand. We lost. Character east end team (until recent move). Genuine fans (ok, lots of geezers) but I have a soft spot for them.

Watford - I worked there for years. Not really a football town, but credit where credit’s due, it would be so easy for their fans to “follow” one of the larger London teams, but they don’t. Plus they hate Luton.

Villa - they aren’t Birmingham City.

It would be so much easier if say Man U, Spurs or Everton (sorry Toffs,’84 and all that) were in the mix...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bournemouth on 20:12 - Jul 17 with 1227 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Ham 2 up. If Watford lose, Bournemouth have every chance. Unfortunately for us they will go all out to beat us.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Bournemouth on 21:59 - Jul 17 with 1170 views1ASIN12

Bournemouth on 20:12 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

West Ham 2 up. If Watford lose, Bournemouth have every chance. Unfortunately for us they will go all out to beat us.

After tonights result I think Bournemouth will stay up.

They can stay up by just wining one of their next 2 games as I think Watford will get stuffed by both Man City and Arsenal.

Watford have been poor most of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024