Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham v Watford 23:14 - Jul 16 with 670 viewsDorsetIan

Big game at the bottom tomorrow.

Any thoughts on value bets for this one? Result, score, scorer - as you prefer...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

West Ham v Watford on 23:23 - Jul 16 with 666 viewsSadoldgit

I want West Ham to go down so am hoping for a 3-0 hammering by Watford.
West Ham v Watford on 23:29 - Jul 16 with 661 viewsdirk_doone

If they agree to draw, they know they'll both stay up ;)

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

West Ham v Watford on 00:25 - Jul 17 with 634 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Ham v Watford on 23:29 - Jul 16 by dirk_doone

There was a scenario where a draw would have kept them both up. But a draw could still mathematically see them both go down if Villa and Bournemouth both win their remaining matches so they will go for it to get themselves safe, I reckon just in case. Can't call it tomorrow, so I think a draw is the likely result.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 0:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

West Ham v Watford on 00:44 - Jul 17 with 616 viewsdirk_doone

West Ham v Watford on 00:25 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

There was a scenario where a draw would have kept them both up. But a draw could still mathematically see them both go down if Villa and Bournemouth both win their remaining matches so they will go for it to get themselves safe, I reckon just in case. Can't call it tomorrow, so I think a draw is the likely result.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 0:28]

'Mathematically' yes but realistically, no. They know a draw will see them both stay up. I will be surprised if they don't reach a gentleman's agreement to draw.

Nevertheless, I would love to see Watford, an easy six points for us, beat West Ham, who we struggle against, and hope that's what happens, unlikely as it is.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 0:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

West Ham v Watford on 00:58 - Jul 17 with 605 viewsSaintsforeverj

West Ham v Watford on 00:44 - Jul 17 by dirk_doone

'Mathematically' yes but realistically, no. They know a draw will see them both stay up. I will be surprised if they don't reach a gentleman's agreement to draw.

Nevertheless, I would love to see Watford, an easy six points for us, beat West Ham, who we struggle against, and hope that's what happens, unlikely as it is.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 0:45]

So if Watford and West ham draw, and Bournemouth beat us and Everton (which is possible) there is every chance that one of Watford or West Ham could still go down if either one also lost their final games. Unlikely maybe but the scenario described above is not out of the question. Aston Villa could also win their final games taking them to 37 points. An agreement to draw though, I agree would be a tempting gamble.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 1:05]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

West Ham v Watford on 08:47 - Jul 17 with 485 viewssledger

If I were having a bet I would bet on yellow card market,both need some sort of result,watford kick anything that moves and west ham arnt shy in dishing it out
West Ham v Watford on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 440 viewsDorsetIan

I can't see them agreeing to a draw. A point each still see them at risk of Villa or Bournemouth winning both remaining games. And West Ham won't really be any better off with 5 points, because they are already 4 points clear with a much better goal difference.

Also, there is just too much scrutiny these days for teams to get away with an obvious fix.

Watford will be most nervous. This could easily be their last chance to pick up points.

Think I am going to go for a West Ham win but link it up with something crazy about yellow cards - that's was a good shout.

West Ham v Watford on 11:52 - Jul 17 with 432 viewsChesham_Saint

West Ham v Watford on 23:29 - Jul 16 by dirk_doone

Hmm, a bit like when we played spurs to get promotion in 1978? A very convenient 0-0 draw if I remember, with our players looking aghast when an Alan Ball shot smacked against a post....

The result meant Brighton stayed down and I think their fans still have the hump about it to this day.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham v Watford on 12:20 - Jul 17 with 422 viewsDorsetIan

West Ham v Watford on 11:52 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

Hmm, a bit like when we played spurs to get promotion in 1978? A very convenient 0-0 draw if I remember, with our players looking aghast when an Alan Ball shot smacked against a post....

The result meant Brighton stayed down and I think their fans still have the hump about it to this day.

Or when Coventry and Bristol City shared a 2-2 to send Sunderland down in 1977.

That was completely shameless. Jimmy Hill delayed the kick off and then flashed up that Sunderland has lost on the scoreboard. They just knocked the ball around after that.

Sunderland fans still bear that grudge. (Unsurprisingly).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024