Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shit... 19:38 - Jul 17 with 3761 viewsChesham_Saint

Leeds are back*.

*i accept you may need to be a certain age to appreciate this....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Shit... on 19:50 - Jul 17 with 3086 viewsDellHero_Would

I’m 49 Chesser. Never had any problem with Leads. Drank in the pub opposite the ground a number of times. Seemed a friendly bunch as long as you don’t act like an idiot.

Welcome back Leeds after what is it, 12 years?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 19:52]

Poll: Wearing a mask

Shit... on 20:07 - Jul 17 with 3057 viewskingslandstand1

Have always hated them since schooldays in the 70's. Probably because of the success they had and in particular the way they played. They weren't called Dirty Leeds for nothing. Probably some green eye in there though

Then having seen the brutality of their fans a couple of times I just always thought they were a bunch of sh1ts. And they come from Yorkshire! (Sorry A1079)
Shit... on 20:11 - Jul 17 with 3056 viewsHappy_Jack

I'm glad they're back. Vociferous fans (love or loathe them) with brilliant away support if we ever get back to normal. I can't wait to beat them again

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

Shit... on 20:15 - Jul 17 with 3045 viewskernow

Big club. Should be in the PL.
Shit... on 20:16 - Jul 17 with 3041 viewsSaintsforeverj

Shit... on 20:11 - Jul 17 by Happy_Jack

I'm glad they're back. Vociferous fans (love or loathe them) with brilliant away support if we ever get back to normal. I can't wait to beat them again

Yep, they have some of the most passionate fans in England and it is an interesting trip. Big club and should be amongst the elite.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Shit... on 21:03 - Jul 17 with 2999 viewsChesham_Saint

Ok, to get another point of view, is there anyone On here her who went to the League Cup semi final away in’79? I’m glad I didn’t but remember speaking to friends at the time and it was not safe for men or women (and that’s putting it kindly).

Also several first hand experiences of what their fans are like.... Most memorably on the tube for an England v Scotland match when a Leeds crew piled on to the tube and it became England and Scotland v Leeds (aka “Arthur Scargill’s Republican Army” - although I accept that might appeal to Sogs, Ian and 22) not pleasant....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Shit... on 21:11 - Jul 17 with 2985 viewsinthebox

I think we all need to get over it, welcome back Leeds United.
Shit... on 21:17 - Jul 17 with 2978 viewscynicalsaint

Big club - welcome back.
Login to get fewer ads

Shit... on 21:23 - Jul 17 with 2976 viewsgrumpy

Shit... on 21:03 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

Ok, to get another point of view, is there anyone On here her who went to the League Cup semi final away in’79? I’m glad I didn’t but remember speaking to friends at the time and it was not safe for men or women (and that’s putting it kindly).

Also several first hand experiences of what their fans are like.... Most memorably on the tube for an England v Scotland match when a Leeds crew piled on to the tube and it became England and Scotland v Leeds (aka “Arthur Scargill’s Republican Army” - although I accept that might appeal to Sogs, Ian and 22) not pleasant....

My mate went to Chelsea once on his own,large number of Chelsea fans poured onto his train,imagine how he felt when his phone rang and his ring tone was set to 'when the saints go marching in'
Shit... on 21:39 - Jul 17 with 2958 viewsA1079

Shit... on 20:07 - Jul 17 by kingslandstand1

Have always hated them since schooldays in the 70's. Probably because of the success they had and in particular the way they played. They weren't called Dirty Leeds for nothing. Probably some green eye in there though

Then having seen the brutality of their fans a couple of times I just always thought they were a bunch of sh1ts. And they come from Yorkshire! (Sorry A1079)

Just a minor point Kingslandstand. I live in Yorkshire but I am Hampshire born and bred and proud to be. I will never be a Yorkshire person and it is my intention to return to my kindred home county when I retire - though whether I will be able to afford to is another matter.

As for Leeds. I always had a disdain for them because of the thuggish behaviour of their fans in the 70's and 80' and I am not convinced they have changed that much. They will be a strong team in the PL and providing we fans are allowed to go back to watching live it is another nearby ground for me personally.

There will be some interesting matches though when they play Man U, Chelsea and West Ham!
Shit... on 22:10 - Jul 17 with 2921 viewsdirk_doone

Shit... on 21:39 - Jul 17 by A1079

Just a minor point Kingslandstand. I live in Yorkshire but I am Hampshire born and bred and proud to be. I will never be a Yorkshire person and it is my intention to return to my kindred home county when I retire - though whether I will be able to afford to is another matter.

As for Leeds. I always had a disdain for them because of the thuggish behaviour of their fans in the 70's and 80' and I am not convinced they have changed that much. They will be a strong team in the PL and providing we fans are allowed to go back to watching live it is another nearby ground for me personally.

There will be some interesting matches though when they play Man U, Chelsea and West Ham!

Their nickname for Man United is the Scummers. Leeds fans have had a massive chip on their shoulders ever since Cantona decided to leave them for a bigger club.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 10:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Shit... on 22:12 - Jul 17 with 2913 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/live-leeds-
They certainly are back

Shit... on 22:21 - Jul 17 with 2898 viewsdirk_doone

Shit... on 22:12 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/live-leeds-
They certainly are back

This is Leeds' 40th season in the second tier. That's one more than we were down there. It's also the 7th time they've been promoted to the top flight. They've always been a bit of a yo-yo club.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 10:23]

Shit... on 22:26 - Jul 17 with 2881 viewsSaintsforeverj

Shit... on 22:21 - Jul 17 by dirk_doone

This is Leeds' 40th season in the second tier. That's one more than we were down there. It's also the 7th time they've been promoted to the top flight. They've always been a bit of a yo-yo club.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 10:23]

Some of their fans are intimidating and violent. We played them a few years ago at St Mary's in the championship. They put up a steel wall around the away end and had police horses. Been to Elland Road and it wasn't pleasant. We will all know they are back, that's for sure.

Shit... on 22:30 - Jul 17 with 2868 viewsdirk_doone

Shit... on 22:26 - Jul 17 by Saintsforeverj

Some of their fans are intimidating and violent. We played them a few years ago at St Mary's in the championship. They put up a steel wall around the away end and had police horses. Been to Elland Road and it wasn't pleasant. We will all know they are back, that's for sure.

They attracted a lot of hooligans because their little spell of success, under Revie, was at the height of the hooligan era in the late 60s/early 70s and because their players were seen as hard men who kicked the sh!t out of the opposition. I remember when spotty teenagers all over the country suddenly started wearing Leeds scarves in the early 70s because they thought it would make them look hard.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 10:03]

Shit... on 23:14 - Jul 17 with 2807 viewsInsideOut

Glad they're back especially with that manager. Be interesting to see how they do next season.

Would also be glad to see Millwall somehow win the play offs, I know how bad that sounds but fkit.

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Shit... on 07:02 - Jul 18 with 2739 viewsSalisburySaint

Shit... on 21:03 - Jul 17 by Chesham_Saint

I and a mate suffered at the end of their fists that night, with a cowardly fist from behind, as we were walking back to our car.

Also in 73 last game of season, as a 14 year old, whilst in queue at Milton Road end before turnstiles opened, had Leeds fans attack me and try to take my scarf. Never gave scarf up to them, and still have scarf.

Was so pleased when Sunderland beat them in Cup Final the following week.

So I’ve plenty of reasons to hate them.

But have been back to Elland Road loads of times since and savoured our 1-0 win In Championship promotion season, when Kelvin Davis was supreme.
Shit... on 08:52 - Jul 18 with 2651 viewssolent_toffee

I went to a number of Leeds away games last season as I have a mate who is a Leeds fan and I can get free tickets (not now they are in the PL). Firstly their away support is massive. Selling out mid week games in the middle of winter against Reading and QPR. They are loud and generally a great bunch, real mix of families, groups of young lads, arl arses. Like most clubs they have whoppers when things don’t go their way and like most clubs have fans who aren’t the best representative of their city and aren’t, how can I say it, particularly cultured.

I’m glad they are back though as Leeds is another great city to go out in and they will bring something to the premier league, they’ve got some very good young players who some might not know yet who will hopefully push on and the have a great manager. I can’t see them parking the bus against any team in the league.
Shit... on 09:03 - Jul 18 with 2642 viewsRon11

I was in a 'comedy' pub in Leeds many years ago on a long weekend drinking trip and to take in an old friend, Arthur Smith doing his live set. It didn't last long.
Up on stage in front of a mob of jeering Leeds fans and Harvey Smith lookalikes yelling 'southern poof' etc etc., he opens his set.
'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I wonder if you've noticed one thing we don't see much of these days - white dog shit. Well, unless you're a supporter of Leeds fu ckin United football club of course.'
That was the end of the set, hilarious watching Hale & Pace lookalike fat Yorkshire men frothing at the mouth in meltdown.
Arthur luckily had already been paid and beat a hasty retreat out of the back door.
Hilarious, until they noticed us laughing our tits off.
Shit... on 09:26 - Jul 18 with 2627 viewskernow

Never went to Leeds. Supposed to be a good night out.
Shit... on 09:31 - Jul 18 with 2625 viewsgrumpy

Shit... on 23:14 - Jul 17 by InsideOut

Glad they're back especially with that manager. Be interesting to see how they do next season.

Would also be glad to see Millwall somehow win the play offs, I know how bad that sounds but fkit.

Leeds and Millwall in the premiership.
Shit... on 10:34 - Jul 18 with 2560 viewsdirk_doone

Shit... on 07:02 - Jul 18 by SalisburySaint

I and a mate suffered at the end of their fists that night, with a cowardly fist from behind, as we were walking back to our car.

Also in 73 last game of season, as a 14 year old, whilst in queue at Milton Road end before turnstiles opened, had Leeds fans attack me and try to take my scarf. Never gave scarf up to them, and still have scarf.

Was so pleased when Sunderland beat them in Cup Final the following week.

So I’ve plenty of reasons to hate them.

But have been back to Elland Road loads of times since and savoured our 1-0 win In Championship promotion season, when Kelvin Davis was supreme.

1973 was the last time they reached the FA Cup final. Revie left them the following year. The spell of success he had there was amazing, considering that when he took over, they were just a small second division club, who'd never won anything before. Their greatest achievement before that had been reaching the FA Cup 6th round once in 1949/50.

Shit... on 13:02 - Jul 18 with 2484 viewsBison

I know shofistication, I've been to Leeds.

My Leeds mate vowed to see every Leeds game in a season when they were in European Cup , he did it but had to go to Russia twice as 1st game was called off and then got interviewed on National TV when his mate got stabbed in the arse in Turkey.

My dog likes Leeds.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Shit... on 16:37 - Jul 20 with 2239 viewsSadoldgit

It’s started already. A policeman was injured in the Leeds fans promotion celebrations last night.
Shit... on 16:42 - Jul 20 with 2229 viewsSaintsforeverj

Shit... on 16:37 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

It’s started already. A policeman was injured in the Leeds fans promotion celebrations last night.

Yep, some of the Leeds fans are horrid and violent. They like smashing up cars.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024