Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets Next Year 21:38 - Jul 20 with 5078 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have spoken to a lot of Saints fans I know and in conversation, there are many valid questions to be answered before they buy a ST. Until these questions are answered, many including myself won't renew and understandably so imo.

- so with the reported 40 per cent capacity in September, some ST holders won't be able to sit in their own seats. So you buy a premium ST in the Kingsland centre and end up sitting in row 1 in the Chapel as fans are spread out? Or you like to sit in the Itchen North and pay for a ST there, only to be moved somewhere else, where you usually pay more or less? Or if you are moved somewhere else, do you get back the difference in price of seats?

- 40 per cent would be about 13 000 of St Mary's. So, you buy a season ticket and about 5000 can't go to every game (as there are normally at least 18000 ST holders) , but some fans will be able to every game?

- Refunds have been promised if we get a ST but can't attend. So what kind of refund? Let's say I miss a category A game. Do I get a bigger refund than if miss a category c match? If from the 18000 ST holders we take turns, I want a bigger refund for missing home to Man City, than if I miss home to Burnley. How will it be decided who gets to go to which game?

I will email the club for the answers but won't hold my breath. I also understand that the club might not know the answers yet themselves until the government sets out the rules. But I can't buy a new ST, until I know what I am buying and for which games etc.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 21:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 2877 viewsdirk_doone

Anyone without a season ticket is not going to get into any games this year.

I have been impressed by the way the club has conducted itself during these difficult times and I would expect them to give full refunds to those who wanted them for any matches missed.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:25 - Jul 20 with 2863 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:18 - Jul 20 by dirk_doone

Anyone without a season ticket is not going to get into any games this year.

I have been impressed by the way the club has conducted itself during these difficult times and I would expect them to give full refunds to those who wanted them for any matches missed.

I have also been impressed with the club's conduct and the 35 pounds voucher is a good incentive. But I would like to know before I get a ST, how they plan to allocate tickets fairly. As it stands, I might get to see Burnley, Watford and Brighton only. I might miss the rest if there are 22 000 season ticket holders. I realise the club might not know themselves, but I would like to know what I am buying and how it will work. And will I get moved all around the ground. Plus, will they tell me I have to arrive at 1:45 on the dot for my slot?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:32]

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:33 - Jul 20 with 2843 viewsdirk_doone

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:25 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

I have also been impressed with the club's conduct and the 35 pounds voucher is a good incentive. But I would like to know before I get a ST, how they plan to allocate tickets fairly. As it stands, I might get to see Burnley, Watford and Brighton only. I might miss the rest if there are 22 000 season ticket holders. I realise the club might not know themselves, but I would like to know what I am buying and how it will work. And will I get moved all around the ground. Plus, will they tell me I have to arrive at 1:45 on the dot for my slot?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:32]

This is just my personal take on things but I think the current economic climate will mean that season ticket sales will be down, which should result in just about a perfect uptake i.e. the number of season ticket holders will equal the reduced capacity.

Of course, if not for the coronavirus crisis currently affecting everything, our storming finish to the season, playing the most entertaining football in the league, would probably have resulted in record season ticket sales for next season. But, I think all of the uncertainty will mean only about 14,000 are sold, which will be ideal for everyone. I really can't see any way that season ticket holders will be ripped off.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:34 - Jul 20 with 2838 viewsBuggalugs

I queried the refund amount for this season with the ticket office, as it worked out at just £28.50 per game. I thought this wasn’t enough with us missing category A games against Arsenal, Man City and Sheff Utd (last home game is always cat A), plus Brighton which was probably a Cat B.

They replied the following day and said it’s irrelevant which games are being missed as individual game categories don’t apply to season ticket holders. The total cost of the season ticket is divided by 19 to give the match price/refund amount.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:40 - Jul 20 with 2823 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:33 - Jul 20 by dirk_doone

This is just my personal take on things but I think the current economic climate will mean that season ticket sales will be down, which should result in just about a perfect uptake i.e. the number of season ticket holders will equal the reduced capacity.

Of course, if not for the coronavirus crisis currently affecting everything, our storming finish to the season, playing the most entertaining football in the league, would probably have resulted in record season ticket sales for next season. But, I think all of the uncertainty will mean only about 14,000 are sold, which will be ideal for everyone. I really can't see any way that season ticket holders will be ripped off.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:34]

True, but even if this is the case, those 14 000 would have to be spread around the ground. So you buy a ST in the Northam and end up in the Chapel. To spread everyone out, people will inevitable have to move seats. Will they say I have to arrive at a certain time? I usually watch son play football until 1pm and can't get to the ground until 2:30. Can I go and get a beer when I want or do I have to ask a steward? Not expecting anyone to know the answers, just showing why I can't buy a ST until I know the answers and many others are thinking the same from the conversations I have had.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:48]

Season Tickets Next Year on 06:34 - Jul 21 with 2708 viewsSoton

My thoughts are more about the ballot, will they make it possible to go to the same matches as friends and family. It would be nice to get some more in-depth information on how at this time they are intending to to things
Season Tickets Next Year on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 2647 viewsSaintNick

You are right there are many questions to be answered and I will try and get some answers for you, but ultimately why are people so hung up on what these answers will be.

Assuming that the individual buying the ticket can afford to and I do appreciate that there will be some that will have financial difficulty due to the current situation, many are forgetting the meaning of the word supporter.

That means supporting the club in all its aims etc, so a few questions back, using the collective YOU and not aimed at Saintsforever directly

1. Why would you now want to help the club out financially at this time by paying for your season ticket at a time when the club needs cash flow.

2. If you have to miss a few games due to either an empty stadium or reduced capacity would it really be much of a hardship knowing that you get a pro rata refund than an extra £10 or so for a category A game, lets be blunt if it is a category C game you are missing then you wont be demanding that the club pay you a rate lower than the pro rata rate and indeed there would be all hell to pay.

Too many people are getting into petty gripes and forgetting the actual reality, we are supporters of Southampton Football Club, we should be doing that at a difficult time, not making it harder for them.

We will all moan when we don't make major signings, but season ticket money all goes towards that, everything helps in the grand scheme of things, finishing 11th gets an extra 2.5 million into the kitty, 18,000 season ticket holders paying up now puts an extra £11 million into the kitty,, 5,000 adults not renewing takes about £3 million out.

I speak to a lot of fans from other football clubs, the feedback I get is that yes they all have the same questions, but these are questions and not issues or reasons to with hold buying a season ticket, with a fair chunk of our fans it seems the other way round.

I'll stick up for the club here, they have done their best to help fans to buy their season ticket and not imposed a deadline for holding their seat and getting a discount till September 1st.

They would probably have been better making it 1st August as then a lot more people would now be renewing to get the discount rather than waiting another month.

To answer the statement "It is btter off in my bank account than theirs " that is complete rubbish, if you leave £600 in your bank account for the two months, then even if it is in a savings account paying 0.10% that would pay you the grand total of 4p a month interest, in the clubs account it pays for Salisu.

There is a sizable minority of our supporter base who have lost sight of supporting the club and want to have a moan at everything and harping back to 2013 constantly, forget the past look to the future.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Tickets Next Year on 10:34 - Jul 21 with 2621 viewsBLEEDRED

Next season would have been my 50th season supporting the Saints but I will not be renewing. Reasons- it is almost certain the first 2 or 3 home games will be behind closed doors then into a ballot to see if you can attend. Be given a time slot (up to 3 hours before kick-off) to arrive fill out a form with all your details, have your temperature taken, put your face mask on go to your allocated seat and wait for kick-off (no drinks or food) Kick -off time don't forget no singing or cheering (can spread the virus) no away fans.

We would have to pay up front and hope that the club refunds, as stated will just be the standard amount as the A B C grades of game have no bearing to season tickets, so you could miss all the A grade but get all the C grade games

Everyone I have spoken to not one is renewing, there are a few casual fans who can only afford to attend a few games a season (as a family treat) all say there is no chance they will go this season, so we will find other things to do and not return.

Plus football /footballers are so far removed from reality, they all go on how great they are for deferring their massive wages. Lockdown did not apply to them if then wanted to party, have a hair cut etc no problem. Lower league clubs face major cash flow problems but as long as the prem has its TV money.

There are 1000s of business's going bust, 1000000's of people losing their jobs, millions could face little or no wage growth for years to come but as long as footballers get their loyalty bonus and long contracts all is well. Of course there is a 50/50 chance a second wave will occur this winter and everything will go into lockdown again.

Football is just not important in my life at the moment having had relatives pass away from Covid 19 maybe I will go to some non league games in the future ??

It is not all the clubs fault but if football is to survive it has to change, the big 6 have the Premiership sown up ,they will dictate the rules .
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets Next Year on 10:39 - Jul 21 with 2616 viewsSalisburySaint

Season Tickets Next Year on 09:47 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

You are right there are many questions to be answered and I will try and get some answers for you, but ultimately why are people so hung up on what these answers will be.

Assuming that the individual buying the ticket can afford to and I do appreciate that there will be some that will have financial difficulty due to the current situation, many are forgetting the meaning of the word supporter.

That means supporting the club in all its aims etc, so a few questions back, using the collective YOU and not aimed at Saintsforever directly

1. Why would you now want to help the club out financially at this time by paying for your season ticket at a time when the club needs cash flow.

2. If you have to miss a few games due to either an empty stadium or reduced capacity would it really be much of a hardship knowing that you get a pro rata refund than an extra £10 or so for a category A game, lets be blunt if it is a category C game you are missing then you wont be demanding that the club pay you a rate lower than the pro rata rate and indeed there would be all hell to pay.

Too many people are getting into petty gripes and forgetting the actual reality, we are supporters of Southampton Football Club, we should be doing that at a difficult time, not making it harder for them.

We will all moan when we don't make major signings, but season ticket money all goes towards that, everything helps in the grand scheme of things, finishing 11th gets an extra 2.5 million into the kitty, 18,000 season ticket holders paying up now puts an extra £11 million into the kitty,, 5,000 adults not renewing takes about £3 million out.

I speak to a lot of fans from other football clubs, the feedback I get is that yes they all have the same questions, but these are questions and not issues or reasons to with hold buying a season ticket, with a fair chunk of our fans it seems the other way round.

I'll stick up for the club here, they have done their best to help fans to buy their season ticket and not imposed a deadline for holding their seat and getting a discount till September 1st.

They would probably have been better making it 1st August as then a lot more people would now be renewing to get the discount rather than waiting another month.

To answer the statement "It is btter off in my bank account than theirs " that is complete rubbish, if you leave £600 in your bank account for the two months, then even if it is in a savings account paying 0.10% that would pay you the grand total of 4p a month interest, in the clubs account it pays for Salisu.

There is a sizable minority of our supporter base who have lost sight of supporting the club and want to have a moan at everything and harping back to 2013 constantly, forget the past look to the future.

Well said Nick

The club has made assurances about any season ticket holders should supporters be excluded or allowed into games in reduced numbers.

On the pitch the clubs performances since Lockdown have been entertaining and results good everything most supporters desire, and club even before restart showed ambition in giving Ralph an extended contract

Ralph has already rewarded us by making sure team was well prepared for restart, which is something you can’t say about quite a few teams,

Now is the time to back the club by buying season tickets, with a few decent signings things looking encouraging for next sesason.
Season Tickets Next Year on 11:31 - Jul 21 with 2588 viewsBuggalugs

Just found out you can't use the £35 renewal incentive voucher on the new kit. Might be wrong, but don't remember reading that when it was announced, which if the case, is naughty imo.

Will now have to find some other over-priced tat to use it for.

Disclaimer: any purchase from the club shop is strictly not for my own use.

Season Tickets Next Year on 12:27 - Jul 21 with 2556 viewsBLEEDRED

Season Tickets Next Year on 11:31 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

Just found out you can't use the £35 renewal incentive voucher on the new kit. Might be wrong, but don't remember reading that when it was announced, which if the case, is naughty imo.

Correct cannot be used on anything you would want to buy!!!!
Season Tickets Next Year on 12:44 - Jul 21 with 2535 viewsSaintsforeverj

Absolutely agree with all the reasons for getting a ST and supporting the club. In normal times, family and I would 100% have already renewed. I like Ralph, the team is exciting to watch and I'm looking forward to next season.

But the questions fans have are about logistics too. Some go for a pre-match drink, some like arrive at 1pm, some like or have to arrive at 2:45. The question of will we be given time slots is essential to be answered for some fans. Some fans work until 1pm or have kids who can't sit in their seats that long etc etc. And yes, I would like to know how they will work out who gets to see particular games. As someone else put, can I go with my family or will there be a separate ballot for them?

On this occasion, we want to get a ST more than most years in recent times but I need to know the restrictions. I'm not going to football without the rest of my family, or being told we have to sit in row 1 in the Chapel, or being told we have to arrive at 1:26. It's reasonable imo, to want to know what I am buying. And I'm not blaming the club in any way, it's just I can't get to the ground until 14:30, I can't go without the rest of the family and I want to know, so that hopefully we can all renew.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 12:49]

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:00 - Jul 21 with 2513 viewsSaintNick

Season Tickets Next Year on 10:34 - Jul 21 by BLEEDRED

Next season would have been my 50th season supporting the Saints but I will not be renewing. Reasons- it is almost certain the first 2 or 3 home games will be behind closed doors then into a ballot to see if you can attend. Be given a time slot (up to 3 hours before kick-off) to arrive fill out a form with all your details, have your temperature taken, put your face mask on go to your allocated seat and wait for kick-off (no drinks or food) Kick -off time don't forget no singing or cheering (can spread the virus) no away fans.

We would have to pay up front and hope that the club refunds, as stated will just be the standard amount as the A B C grades of game have no bearing to season tickets, so you could miss all the A grade but get all the C grade games

Everyone I have spoken to not one is renewing, there are a few casual fans who can only afford to attend a few games a season (as a family treat) all say there is no chance they will go this season, so we will find other things to do and not return.

Plus football /footballers are so far removed from reality, they all go on how great they are for deferring their massive wages. Lockdown did not apply to them if then wanted to party, have a hair cut etc no problem. Lower league clubs face major cash flow problems but as long as the prem has its TV money.

There are 1000s of business's going bust, 1000000's of people losing their jobs, millions could face little or no wage growth for years to come but as long as footballers get their loyalty bonus and long contracts all is well. Of course there is a 50/50 chance a second wave will occur this winter and everything will go into lockdown again.

Football is just not important in my life at the moment having had relatives pass away from Covid 19 maybe I will go to some non league games in the future ??

It is not all the clubs fault but if football is to survive it has to change, the big 6 have the Premiership sown up ,they will dictate the rules .

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you nor understand your attitude on this.

You support the club for 50 years and because of a situation beyond the control of the club that should only be for a short period you decide to walk away.

Firstly all the reasons you are giving have no actual basis from fact, we do not know how many games will be behind closed doors or partially attended intitially.

I have not seen any basis to say fans will have to arrive as games 3 hours before have their temperature taken etc, outdoor gigs are now restarting and they dont have these restrictions so there is no reason why football wlll have, so your claims here are pure rumour mongering with no foundation.

You say you have to hope the club refunds, they have already given the promise they would, so why would you doubt that ?

Season tickets are done on a discounted pro rata basis not on pick and choosing fixtures, my season ticket price is £660 to renew before refunds etc, just under £35 a game that is still cheaper than the cheapest ticket for that section bought individually, but the chances of the six opening games all being against the top sides are minimal anyway and the likelihood is that it would be pretty even, if we take this season the first 4th home game was two months in restrictions are likely to be lifted by this point ie November after the restart, so it won't be 6 games, likely 2 at most.

I think it must be a peer group thing, you say that everyone you know is not renewing, in my sphere I would say around 85-90 % are renewing, it is what they do, they are not throwing away decades of following the club to cut their nose off to spite their face.

I suspect that when fans are allowed in the same fans will moan that a % should be on an individual basis, will complain that they want to get a season ticket now and are being charged full price and not getting a discount despite the fact they have been a season ticket holder for 10/20 years etc previously and will certainly complain when they can't get a ticket for a big game.

This is not a new thing, people said the same in 2008 when Lowe returned and we were in freefall, things change if the team does well.

The footballers earn millions thing is not relevant to this situation, that has been the case for 25 years now, it is the reality, the number of footballers who flouted lockdon as a percentage is a lot less than those in normal jobs etc and a lot more such as Marcus Rashford did some good things, perhaps they will learn a little from this.

I'm sorry to hear of your relatives deaths, I have been lucky I have not known a single person who has died of Covid 19, I guess I am lucky, I do not mean that to sound as sarcastic as it might read.

I think you are right though, with your view of modern football and the cynicism that you now have, you are better going to non league than St Mary's, I am not being funny here or sarcastic, you have passed a point of no return, it is not the be all and end all for me either, but I see the game for what it is, better in some areas worse in others, but I don't get hung up on it, it is just what i do at a weekend and I like doing it so i will keep doing so, thats my choice.

The good news for people like me is that given the number who don't renew is likely to be low and that the club are already identifying those likely to be unable to go for a time anyway due to age and health issues so they can have safe special arrangements in the ground or to ensure that they only come back when they feel able to do (fast refunds etc) The likelihood is that most season ticket holders will get in to all but the first couple of games , so for me that is a plus point when people don't renew.

Sad really that some walk away at this time.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:07 - Jul 21 with 2497 viewsPatfromPoole

Season Tickets Next Year on 22:34 - Jul 20 by Buggalugs

I queried the refund amount for this season with the ticket office, as it worked out at just £28.50 per game. I thought this wasn’t enough with us missing category A games against Arsenal, Man City and Sheff Utd (last home game is always cat A), plus Brighton which was probably a Cat B.

They replied the following day and said it’s irrelevant which games are being missed as individual game categories don’t apply to season ticket holders. The total cost of the season ticket is divided by 19 to give the match price/refund amount.

Mmm.

Would the club have applied that principle if the remaining games were against Norwich, Burnley and Watford?

Think I can guess the answer there.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:07 - Jul 21 with 2501 viewsBoris_

Suggesting that people renewing their season tickets will be a factor in whether players are bought or sold is propaganda at its finest.

The net income of Season Ticket sales will be in single figures in terms of percentage of overall turnover.

Poll: Claude Puel

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:31 - Jul 21 with 2475 viewsPatfromPoole

The mob up the road from me don’t appear to be any better at refunding people.....

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18595747.afc-bournemouth-fans-waiting-ref

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Season Tickets Next Year on 14:44 - Jul 21 with 2429 viewsSoton

I have supported Saints through thick and thin for longer then I care to remember, but I dont see the club as if a cult.
The club must want and need as many supporters to renew as possible, I really don’t think it’s to much to ask for the club to outline what plans they have for the fans and how they intend to carry them out, unless you are one of Saints cult supporters you surely must want to know what your match day experience might be like before you, your friends and family commit to a large outlay to find out you might not go to any games together, after all its Southampton fc we are talking about, after some games you need close friends around you to make sense of things
Season Tickets Next Year on 14:44 - Jul 21 with 2429 viewsBLEEDRED

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:00 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

You support the club for 50 years and because of a situation beyond the control of the club that should only be for a short period you decide to walk away.

Firstly all the reasons you are giving have no actual basis from fact, we do not know how many games will be behind closed doors or partially attended intitially.

I have not seen any basis to say fans will have to arrive as games 3 hours before have their temperature taken etc, outdoor gigs are now restarting and they dont have these restrictions so there is no reason why football wlll have, so your claims here are pure rumour mongering with no foundation.

You say you have to hope the club refunds, they have already given the promise they would, so why would you doubt that ?

Season tickets are done on a discounted pro rata basis not on pick and choosing fixtures, my season ticket price is £660 to renew before refunds etc, just under £35 a game that is still cheaper than the cheapest ticket for that section bought individually, but the chances of the six opening games all being against the top sides are minimal anyway and the likelihood is that it would be pretty even, if we take this season the first 4th home game was two months in restrictions are likely to be lifted by this point ie November after the restart, so it won't be 6 games, likely 2 at most.

I think it must be a peer group thing, you say that everyone you know is not renewing, in my sphere I would say around 85-90 % are renewing, it is what they do, they are not throwing away decades of following the club to cut their nose off to spite their face.

I suspect that when fans are allowed in the same fans will moan that a % should be on an individual basis, will complain that they want to get a season ticket now and are being charged full price and not getting a discount despite the fact they have been a season ticket holder for 10/20 years etc previously and will certainly complain when they can't get a ticket for a big game.

This is not a new thing, people said the same in 2008 when Lowe returned and we were in freefall, things change if the team does well.

The footballers earn millions thing is not relevant to this situation, that has been the case for 25 years now, it is the reality, the number of footballers who flouted lockdon as a percentage is a lot less than those in normal jobs etc and a lot more such as Marcus Rashford did some good things, perhaps they will learn a little from this.

I'm sorry to hear of your relatives deaths, I have been lucky I have not known a single person who has died of Covid 19, I guess I am lucky, I do not mean that to sound as sarcastic as it might read.

I think you are right though, with your view of modern football and the cynicism that you now have, you are better going to non league than St Mary's, I am not being funny here or sarcastic, you have passed a point of no return, it is not the be all and end all for me either, but I see the game for what it is, better in some areas worse in others, but I don't get hung up on it, it is just what i do at a weekend and I like doing it so i will keep doing so, thats my choice.

The good news for people like me is that given the number who don't renew is likely to be low and that the club are already identifying those likely to be unable to go for a time anyway due to age and health issues so they can have safe special arrangements in the ground or to ensure that they only come back when they feel able to do (fast refunds etc) The likelihood is that most season ticket holders will get in to all but the first couple of games , so for me that is a plus point when people don't renew.

Thanks for your detailed reply, yes I'm probably being cynical! If we are to believe that the season will restart on 12th Sept (not confirmed yet) supporters will not be allowed in until Oct so the first couple of games will be behind closed doors then no-one knows how many will be allowed in. My guess is that it will start off low and build up over time so that the club can monitor crowd control. The club will not want to risk large amount of fans arriving just before kick-off so timed entry is very possible. The club want supporters to buy season tickets without knowing what the rules will be, I understand this, but if someone buys a couple of tickets and only one gets one in the ballot (or will the club be hand-picking who gets in?) After all they knew the risks, checks on entry are very likely I went to a restaurant last week I had to give my name address and contact number just in case someone was positive later on (contract tracing) then my temperature taken, that was only 25 customers, imagine 10000 customers the risks would be very high. You are right though it must be an age thing! Many don't seem to care about the virus. Most of the supporters I know are in their 60/70s. But as you say just hand over your money yes the club have said they will refund you on a match by match bases, I have no reason to believe there will be any problem with that. But you are putting absolute faith in the club because if the club did fall into financial problems there would be no refund.
I have no problem with fans blindly renewing without knowing what they are getting after all I've done it myself though all the bad times, Branfoot. Lowe etc. Down to the 3rd tier and back (the good times.)

I hope that those that do renew don't come on later complaining !!
Season Tickets Next Year on 14:56 - Jul 21 with 2420 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets Next Year on 13:00 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

You make an awful lot of assumptions about what other people are going to do there Nick.

Maybe the question to ask is why any long serving supporter feels so disenchanted at a time when as you say, on the pitch, things are looking up. Surely the club should be a little concerned if it's losing core customers who have been there through thick and plenty of thin down the years?

I've already tried, without success, to explain my point of view and said how utterly depressing it is to get to the point where something that's been so central to my life doesn't sit right with my principles any more. Appreciate others may see it as being disloyal but it is what it is.

On a related subject - still haven't received my refund

:-)
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 14:58]
Season Tickets Next Year on 15:05 - Jul 21 with 2405 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 14:44 - Jul 21 by BLEEDRED

Thanks for your detailed reply, yes I'm probably being cynical! If we are to believe that the season will restart on 12th Sept (not confirmed yet) supporters will not be allowed in until Oct so the first couple of games will be behind closed doors then no-one knows how many will be allowed in. My guess is that it will start off low and build up over time so that the club can monitor crowd control. The club will not want to risk large amount of fans arriving just before kick-off so timed entry is very possible. The club want supporters to buy season tickets without knowing what the rules will be, I understand this, but if someone buys a couple of tickets and only one gets one in the ballot (or will the club be hand-picking who gets in?) After all they knew the risks, checks on entry are very likely I went to a restaurant last week I had to give my name address and contact number just in case someone was positive later on (contract tracing) then my temperature taken, that was only 25 customers, imagine 10000 customers the risks would be very high. You are right though it must be an age thing! Many don't seem to care about the virus. Most of the supporters I know are in their 60/70s. But as you say just hand over your money yes the club have said they will refund you on a match by match bases, I have no reason to believe there will be any problem with that. But you are putting absolute faith in the club because if the club did fall into financial problems there would be no refund.
I have no problem with fans blindly renewing without knowing what they are getting after all I've done it myself though all the bad times, Branfoot. Lowe etc. Down to the 3rd tier and back (the good times.)

I hope that those that do renew don't come on later complaining !!

As long as you purchase the season ticket with a credit card, you'll be covered for a full refund with the card company should the club go bust. Highly unlikely that would happen anyway, but that is an undisputable fact if it did.

Can't see the checks on entry being a problem either as the club will have all the details of the season ticket holder on file anyway, so surely no need to fill out forms before going into the ground.

I really can't see the draconian measures some are alluding to happening, as no-one's going to put up with turning up hours before kick-off. Imagine the security issues and unrest that'd create.

My opinion is you've just got to go with it and what will be will be.

Season Tickets Next Year on 15:58 - Jul 21 with 2358 viewskingslandstand1

Season Tickets Next Year on 14:44 - Jul 21 by Soton

I have supported Saints through thick and thin for longer then I care to remember, but I dont see the club as if a cult.
The club must want and need as many supporters to renew as possible, I really don’t think it’s to much to ask for the club to outline what plans they have for the fans and how they intend to carry them out, unless you are one of Saints cult supporters you surely must want to know what your match day experience might be like before you, your friends and family commit to a large outlay to find out you might not go to any games together, after all its Southampton fc we are talking about, after some games you need close friends around you to make sense of things

I like the way you've referred to Southampton being a cult club for some implying as such that some people would even sell their grandmother if it helps the cause

I shall renew no matter what, but I don't want to go in blind (slight contradiction there I know). I'm ok that although it's not a money no object situation (just yet anyway!!) it will not be for some especially when they may be buying for a family etc. I will not just give them the cash to support them as I have done for instance with the National Trust although I've nowhere near had my money's worth for that this year but that is a charity. SFC are not, they are a business. And businesses need to let people know what they are buying or they will not come back. I'm not saying they will go elsewhere, but they may choose when to go and watch a game to suit their circumstances

I think the club have been generous with the offer made re the voucher etc, but I still don't know what my match day experience is going to be like. I also must say that the club probably don't either!! I enjoy going and sitting with mates and all the people around us that we have got to know over the years and long may that continue

Next season is not going to start until late September ish I'd guess at the moment so there is time to sort something out. I'd say that at least 50% of ST holders will renew no matter what. probably more. In the scheme of things, ST money is not as vast a percentage of club income as it used to be or for lower division clubs. Saints must take a business decision and gamble on what is going to happen or at least tell us what they think will happen so that then we will have more of an idea than we do now
Season Tickets Next Year on 16:08 - Jul 21 with 2351 viewskingslandstand1

Season Tickets Next Year on 11:31 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

When did that one come in? I'm sure when the initial email came round you could just use it in the club shop on anything or along those lines? ANd do we still get the 10% discount on the new shirt then?
Season Tickets Next Year on 16:27 - Jul 21 with 2329 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:08 - Jul 21 by kingslandstand1

When did that one come in? I'm sure when the initial email came round you could just use it in the club shop on anything or along those lines? ANd do we still get the 10% discount on the new shirt then?

Don't know. I emailed them earlier to say I didn't get the voucher when I renewed and with it being my lads birthday at the weekend, I wanted it asap to use towards the new kit.

They replied with the following:

Please see the form below for the incentive voucher, please note the voucher cannot be used on the new kit.

https://r1.surveysandforms.com/e92hkl29-214qrubc

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:32 - Jul 21 with 2325 viewsarfurdent

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:27 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

Don't know. I emailed them earlier to say I didn't get the voucher when I renewed and with it being my lads birthday at the weekend, I wanted it asap to use towards the new kit.

They replied with the following:

Please see the form below for the incentive voucher, please note the voucher cannot be used on the new kit.

https://r1.surveysandforms.com/e92hkl29-214qrubc

ripoff alert

they probably reckon a high proportion of ST renewers will have better things to do with their life than actually use it. Very akin to the strategy from Hoover many years ago

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Season Tickets Next Year on 17:20 - Jul 21 with 2296 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:32 - Jul 21 by arfurdent

ripoff alert

they probably reckon a high proportion of ST renewers will have better things to do with their life than actually use it. Very akin to the strategy from Hoover many years ago

That's why I am asking the questions before I renew. 35 pound voucher that can't be used for a new shirt etc etc. You can choose 5 pounds off away travel but we don't know if away fans will get to any games.

It's very naive imo, for anyone spending hundreds or thousands of pounds on ST, without finding out the conditions first. I want to know what a 600 pound ST gets you.

It might get you into 1 or 2 matches before Christmas, not in your usual seat, with time slots. I personally won't renew until I know what I'm buying
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024