Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets Next Year 21:38 - Jul 20 with 5047 viewsSaintsforeverj

I have spoken to a lot of Saints fans I know and in conversation, there are many valid questions to be answered before they buy a ST. Until these questions are answered, many including myself won't renew and understandably so imo.

- so with the reported 40 per cent capacity in September, some ST holders won't be able to sit in their own seats. So you buy a premium ST in the Kingsland centre and end up sitting in row 1 in the Chapel as fans are spread out? Or you like to sit in the Itchen North and pay for a ST there, only to be moved somewhere else, where you usually pay more or less? Or if you are moved somewhere else, do you get back the difference in price of seats?

- 40 per cent would be about 13 000 of St Mary's. So, you buy a season ticket and about 5000 can't go to every game (as there are normally at least 18000 ST holders) , but some fans will be able to every game?

- Refunds have been promised if we get a ST but can't attend. So what kind of refund? Let's say I miss a category A game. Do I get a bigger refund than if miss a category c match? If from the 18000 ST holders we take turns, I want a bigger refund for missing home to Man City, than if I miss home to Burnley. How will it be decided who gets to go to which game?

I will email the club for the answers but won't hold my breath. I also understand that the club might not know the answers yet themselves until the government sets out the rules. But I can't buy a new ST, until I know what I am buying and for which games etc.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 21:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Season Tickets Next Year on 17:30 - Jul 21 with 1384 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 15:05 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

As long as you purchase the season ticket with a credit card, you'll be covered for a full refund with the card company should the club go bust. Highly unlikely that would happen anyway, but that is an undisputable fact if it did.

Can't see the checks on entry being a problem either as the club will have all the details of the season ticket holder on file anyway, so surely no need to fill out forms before going into the ground.

I really can't see the draconian measures some are alluding to happening, as no-one's going to put up with turning up hours before kick-off. Imagine the security issues and unrest that'd create.

My opinion is you've just got to go with it and what will be will be.

Just give over 500/ 600 pounds and not have any idea what the conditions are? You might see 2 games, you might see 20.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:31]

Season Tickets Next Year on 17:32 - Jul 21 with 1382 viewssolent_toffee

Season Tickets Next Year on 10:34 - Jul 21 by BLEEDRED

Next season would have been my 50th season supporting the Saints but I will not be renewing. Reasons- it is almost certain the first 2 or 3 home games will be behind closed doors then into a ballot to see if you can attend. Be given a time slot (up to 3 hours before kick-off) to arrive fill out a form with all your details, have your temperature taken, put your face mask on go to your allocated seat and wait for kick-off (no drinks or food) Kick -off time don't forget no singing or cheering (can spread the virus) no away fans.

We would have to pay up front and hope that the club refunds, as stated will just be the standard amount as the A B C grades of game have no bearing to season tickets, so you could miss all the A grade but get all the C grade games

Everyone I have spoken to not one is renewing, there are a few casual fans who can only afford to attend a few games a season (as a family treat) all say there is no chance they will go this season, so we will find other things to do and not return.

Plus football /footballers are so far removed from reality, they all go on how great they are for deferring their massive wages. Lockdown did not apply to them if then wanted to party, have a hair cut etc no problem. Lower league clubs face major cash flow problems but as long as the prem has its TV money.

There are 1000s of business's going bust, 1000000's of people losing their jobs, millions could face little or no wage growth for years to come but as long as footballers get their loyalty bonus and long contracts all is well. Of course there is a 50/50 chance a second wave will occur this winter and everything will go into lockdown again.

Football is just not important in my life at the moment having had relatives pass away from Covid 19 maybe I will go to some non league games in the future ??

It is not all the clubs fault but if football is to survive it has to change, the big 6 have the Premiership sown up ,they will dictate the rules .

Couldn’t agree more. The top tier needs to have a good look at itself but I don’t think it will, I think clubs will go all out to spend more this summer, certainly those at the top, City, United, Chelsea for sure.

I’ve quite enjoyed the break from football, MOTD, the biased coverage and the patronising coverage,the obsession with the big 6, the armchair supporters giving in the big one.

I’ve missed the day out, meeting my friends and family and the excuse that 90 minutes of football provides for giving up time and money that we wouldn’t all justify for regular non-football gatherings.

I’ve got a season ticket and will probably renew. I will see what the regulations are before making a call on whether or not to attend.
Season Tickets Next Year on 18:05 - Jul 21 with 1345 viewssaintwizzler

‘On a related subject - still haven't received my refund’

Same as. I may of decided to renew last minute, but no, fûck it.
I’ll do a Saturday game once a month instead. If there is one.

Away tickets off Northern Saints.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:21 - Jul 21 with 1334 viewsdirk_doone

"The big six" don't have anything any more tied up than top teams did in previous decades. The top six teams are different nearly every year and 5 different teams have won the league in the last 8 years, which is more than in most previous decades.

The only thing that changes is who those top six or big six teams are, although in recent decades the big two, Manchester United and Liverpool have been more dominant than most but, in spite of that, Liverpool hadn't won the league for 30 years.

Saints were in the top six in 2016 and it would be no great surprise if we were again next year.

Who exactly are the big six in this list? They are constantly changing so nobody really knows and whoever they are now, they will be different again in the future:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_champions

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:52 - Jul 21 with 1309 viewsVagina_Dentata

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:05 - Jul 21 by saintwizzler

‘On a related subject - still haven't received my refund’

Same as. I may of decided to renew last minute, but no, fûck it.
I’ll do a Saturday game once a month instead. If there is one.

Away tickets off Northern Saints.

Was there a deadline to apply for the refund? I’ve just checked my account for the first time and it says I have credit but can’t see a way to have it refunded.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:56 - Jul 21 with 1306 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:52 - Jul 21 by Vagina_Dentata

Was there a deadline to apply for the refund? I’ve just checked my account for the first time and it says I have credit but can’t see a way to have it refunded.

I don't think the club have ever released information about what to do if you are not renewing and want a refund.

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:58 - Jul 21 with 1301 viewsVagina_Dentata

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:56 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think the club have ever released information about what to do if you are not renewing and want a refund.

To be honest, I’ll probably end up renewing anyway.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:05 - Jul 21 with 1299 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 17:30 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

Just give over 500/ 600 pounds and not have any idea what the conditions are? You might see 2 games, you might see 20.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 17:31]

If I only see 2 games, I only see 2 games. I will get reimbursed for the ones I don’t.

The problem is no-one knows what’s going to happen, so I’m not sure what you’re expecting SFC to be able to tell you. I understand your frustrations, but that’s the situation we’re in. Everything will be government led and all we’ve got to go on for now is they hope fans will be allowed back in October.

It’s no different from schools, pubs, businesses etc re-opening...everyone’s been in limbo until a couple of weeks before a new announcement is made.

You’ve got until 1st Sept to decide what to do anyway, but I wouldn’t hold your breath they’ll know the finer details by then. You either accept the situation for what it is and renew, or you have a season off and don’t.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:08 - Jul 21 with 1295 viewsBLEEDRED

Interesting to see many state there will be no checks/time slots to get in to football, as far as I know all the test events in Cricket/Racing/Snooker will have in place timed arrival, hand sanitizing etc before you enter. I know Goodwood is making smaller pens that hold 300/400 customers and there will be no movement around the racecourse. So if it works the same could very well be transferred to football
Season Tickets Next Year on 19:09 - Jul 21 with 1295 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:56 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

They have - there's a form to complete. they'll process it in August.
Season Tickets Next Year on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 1293 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:05 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

If I only see 2 games, I only see 2 games. I will get reimbursed for the ones I don’t.

The problem is no-one knows what’s going to happen, so I’m not sure what you’re expecting SFC to be able to tell you. I understand your frustrations, but that’s the situation we’re in. Everything will be government led and all we’ve got to go on for now is they hope fans will be allowed back in October.

It’s no different from schools, pubs, businesses etc re-opening...everyone’s been in limbo until a couple of weeks before a new announcement is made.

You’ve got until 1st Sept to decide what to do anyway, but I wouldn’t hold your breath they’ll know the finer details by then. You either accept the situation for what it is and renew, or you have a season off and don’t.

"You either accept the situation for what it is and renew, or you have a season off and don’t."

It certainly could come down to this. But if they could just tell me that I can arrive at my normal time at 14:30 ish, I can attend with my family and I can have my own seats then I will renew.

I don't obviously know your situation, you might go on your own or with others but I'm sure you can understand that after having gone to games with wife and kids for many years, I am not going to suddenly go without them or risk this. We all want to renew but I need to know if we can go together or will we be balloted separately? But you could be right, it might come down to just taking the risk or not. But in my case, I am not leaving the kids (or. the wife - although I might consider this!) at home, when they love going too, so I wouldn't be able renew.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 19:17]

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:39 - Jul 21 with 1276 viewsBLEEDRED

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:14 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

"You either accept the situation for what it is and renew, or you have a season off and don’t."

It certainly could come down to this. But if they could just tell me that I can arrive at my normal time at 14:30 ish, I can attend with my family and I can have my own seats then I will renew.

I don't obviously know your situation, you might go on your own or with others but I'm sure you can understand that after having gone to games with wife and kids for many years, I am not going to suddenly go without them or risk this. We all want to renew but I need to know if we can go together or will we be balloted separately? But you could be right, it might come down to just taking the risk or not. But in my case, I am not leaving the kids (or. the wife - although I might consider this!) at home, when they love going too, so I wouldn't be able renew.

It might help some if the club could just say we can't give you any info because we don't know anything and have no idea when we will!!
Season Tickets Next Year on 19:42 - Jul 21 with 1273 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:14 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

My normal time of arrival is 14.55 and I can assure you there’s no way I’ll be going if I’m expected to turn up an hour or two before kick off. I’d rather not go at all and will happily give up my seat to someone that is prepared to do that.

Are you in the family centre? I am and don’t think for one minute they’d split up families. If they do, count yourself lucky and enjoy the piece and quiet.

I think we’ve got to give the club the benefit of the doubt and they usually do right by us. They’ll be fully aware of people’s feelings and I’m sure they’ll try their best to accommodate them as much as they’re allowed to.

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 1264 viewssaintwizzler

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:52 - Jul 21 by Vagina_Dentata

Just keep emailing and ringing mate. Not a lot more you can do.

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:53 - Jul 21 with 1263 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:42 - Jul 21 by Buggalugs

My normal time of arrival is 14.55 and I can assure you there’s no way I’ll be going if I’m expected to turn up an hour or two before kick off. I’d rather not go at all and will happily give up my seat to someone that is prepared to do that.

Are you in the family centre? I am and don’t think for one minute they’d split up families. If they do, count yourself lucky and enjoy the piece and quiet.

I think we’ve got to give the club the benefit of the doubt and they usually do right by us. They’ll be fully aware of people’s feelings and I’m sure they’ll try their best to accommodate them as much as they’re allowed to.

Maybe but I would still like to know the conditions before buying. Are you allowed to buy a ST and then decide you don't want to go to a particular game? You may not get a refund if you are offered the seat but choose not to go because they offer you front row seats and/ or have to turn up an hour before kick off.

Just been to the shops with all the warnings about having to wear a mask just to get a pint of milk! Who knows what we might be forced to do, if we get a ST. They might say we have to wear space suits and goggles in order to attend etc. Who knows!
[Post edited 21 Jul 2020 19:56]

Season Tickets Next Year on 11:59 - Jul 22 with 1187 viewssaintwizzler

Just rang main reception and asked to speak to the finances department.
This is not possible as they are on lockdown still.
I was told to email the TO.
I said I do daily.
Nothing more can be done then was the long story short.

Season Tickets Next Year on 20:54 - Jul 22 with 1125 viewscynicalsaint

Season Tickets Next Year on 11:59 - Jul 22 by saintwizzler

Just rang main reception and asked to speak to the finances department.
This is not possible as they are on lockdown still.
I was told to email the TO.
I said I do daily.
Nothing more can be done then was the long story short.

still no sign of my refund.

Looks like the finance guys don't do batch payments very frequently. i really hope our accounts payable aren't stiffing local suppliers like this.

email received 16th July at 11:09

Thank you for your email.

We shall escalate these to our Finance team to accelerate the process and make a BACS transfer. These are made in batches so we cannot give you an exact date it shall be in your account but we shall ask it for as soon as possible. As stated originally our process was to have these refunded from August onwards.

Kind regards,
Jack D

Ticket Office
Southampton FC
Tel: 02381 780 780
E-mail: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk
Season Tickets Next Year on 07:15 - Jul 23 with 1077 viewssaintwizzler

Season Tickets Next Year on 20:54 - Jul 22 by cynicalsaint

still no sign of my refund.

Looks like the finance guys don't do batch payments very frequently. i really hope our accounts payable aren't stiffing local suppliers like this.

email received 16th July at 11:09

Thank you for your email.

We shall escalate these to our Finance team to accelerate the process and make a BACS transfer. These are made in batches so we cannot give you an exact date it shall be in your account but we shall ask it for as soon as possible. As stated originally our process was to have these refunded from August onwards.

Kind regards,
Jack D

Ticket Office
Southampton FC
Tel: 02381 780 780
E-mail: tickets@saintsfc.co.uk

Same email I got on the 15th July.
I send Jack D, Matt (who is apparently TO manager) and now SFC main reception woman, Amanda, a daily email each asking where my money is.

None of them have replied.

The phone number on the bottom of the email I received a week yesterday when dialled just says there’s no one available (lockdown?) and to email.

I think they’ll drag it out till August tbh.
Luckily I have no kids to feed.

Season Tickets Next Year on 15:47 - Aug 16 with 942 viewsBLEEDRED

UPDATE!!!
I had a long conversation last week when someone at the club phoned me, he confirmed it is impossible to give any accurate info as they have no idea what the rules will be(which I understand). But one thing he did say is that they understand that many supporters have concerns about attending games at the moment, so confirmed that any games played behind closed doors, automatic refund (everyone knew that) but the new info is that anyone that renews their season ticket, then decides they can't go because of the rules applied to enter the ground (face masks, timed entry or just don't feel comfortable) they can email the club and get refunds for any games they don't go to. So if I was to renew I could just email the club and get refunds until the game returns to normal (even if it took all season!!) That way anyone could keep their seat and loyalty discount.
The club also understands that many over 60s are partially worried about returning. It is very hard to plan for fans return as everything will have to okayed by others !!
Reading between the lines I would guess that 50% attendance is very unlikely to start with more like 5/6 thousand and build up game by game
Season Tickets Next Year on 16:10 - Aug 16 with 925 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 15:47 - Aug 16 by BLEEDRED

UPDATE!!!
I had a long conversation last week when someone at the club phoned me, he confirmed it is impossible to give any accurate info as they have no idea what the rules will be(which I understand). But one thing he did say is that they understand that many supporters have concerns about attending games at the moment, so confirmed that any games played behind closed doors, automatic refund (everyone knew that) but the new info is that anyone that renews their season ticket, then decides they can't go because of the rules applied to enter the ground (face masks, timed entry or just don't feel comfortable) they can email the club and get refunds for any games they don't go to. So if I was to renew I could just email the club and get refunds until the game returns to normal (even if it took all season!!) That way anyone could keep their seat and loyalty discount.
The club also understands that many over 60s are partially worried about returning. It is very hard to plan for fans return as everything will have to okayed by others !!
Reading between the lines I would guess that 50% attendance is very unlikely to start with more like 5/6 thousand and build up game by game

Thanks for sharing and that’s what I hoped would be the case.

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:17 - Aug 16 with 916 viewsSaintsforeverj

Season Tickets Next Year on 15:47 - Aug 16 by BLEEDRED

UPDATE!!!

Sounds good. And absolutely no reason not to get a ST. Refund for any game you can't go to. You even make 35 pounds from the voucher, so nothing lost.

Season Tickets Next Year on 17:05 - Aug 16 with 895 viewsBLEEDRED

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:17 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

Sounds good. And absolutely no reason not to get a ST. Refund for any game you can't go to. You even make 35 pounds from the voucher, so nothing lost.

One thing I forgot to say is you have to email the club before the game is played (no refund if you just don't go which is fair)
Season Tickets Next Year on 18:07 - Aug 16 with 871 viewsBoris_

Season Tickets Next Year on 16:17 - Aug 16 by Saintsforeverj

It's taken the club several months and nobody has been refunded yet. How quickly will they process the match by match refunds?

Poll: Claude Puel

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:59 - Aug 16 with 824 viewsarfurdent

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:07 - Aug 16 by Boris_

It's taken the club several months and nobody has been refunded yet. How quickly will they process the match by match refunds?

slowly

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Season Tickets Next Year on 19:37 - Aug 16 with 812 viewsBuggalugs

Season Tickets Next Year on 18:59 - Aug 16 by arfurdent

slowly

My guess would be any credits are accrued to be put towards a 2021/22 season ticket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024