Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A messsage from Pyongyang? 12:51 - Jul 22 with 2191 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/07/meeting-with-the-club-21st-july/

Poll: What is it to be then?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:15 - Jul 22 with 2117 viewsfermin

Off topic, but the title reminded me of this album I bought several years ago and used to listen to a lot!

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:35 - Jul 22 with 2077 viewsAncoats_Blue

Interesting comments re season ticket pricing.
Even before the season being curtailed I expected a price increase was coming. Unless the increase is ridiculous (not sure what my cut off is but say the price doubled - I’m out). I’ll be renewing anyway.
Personally, I do not want a refund for matches not attended last season. Not unless the club have received some sort of hardship payment from the EFL / FA to pass onto supporters (which I doubt they have). I just see this the same as when games are P-P and rearranged for when I’m not available. Shit happens.
A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:35 - Jul 22 with 2072 views442Dale

Excellent work by the Trust to ensure supporters are more aware of the current situation at the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:57 - Jul 22 with 2019 views49thseason

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:35 - Jul 22 by 442Dale

Excellent work by the Trust to ensure supporters are more aware of the current situation at the club.

Reads more like they turned up for a meeting and left with nothing resolved to me:

Don't know when matches will start
Don't know when spectators or how many or under what circumstances will be allowed.
Don't know how much season tickets or prices for POTD will be
Don't have a launch date for STs or new kit
Don't know anything about a refund for lost matches
Don't Know when they can publish their report about Lotto
Don't know anything about new players or contracted players returning to training for that matter
Don't know if they an get into a safety meeting or not

Were the cakes nice? Did you get a brew? Have the bogs been cleaned?
A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:12 - Jul 22 with 1983 viewsdawlishdale

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 13:57 - Jul 22 by 49thseason

Reads more like they turned up for a meeting and left with nothing resolved to me:

Don't know when spectators or how many or under what circumstances will be allowed.
Don't know anything about new players or contracted players returning to training for that matter

It's worrying to me to have it confirmed that BBM is still furloughed, and thus, can't do any sort of work whatsoever, including speaking to potential players.
A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:24 - Jul 22 with 1957 viewsChaffRAFC

Don't know when matches will start - IF the EFL won't tell us, it's not a club or a Trust issue.

Don't know when spectators or how many or under what circumstances will be allowed - The government hasn't specified what capacity restrictions will be in place, again, hardly the fault of the club or the Trust.

Don't know how much season tickets or prices for POTD will be - That's not what was said, they have given the prices to the Trust, but a full press release will follow in the near future.

Don't have a launch date for STs or new kit - New kit will be launched same day as the season tickets. Old stock has to be sold through yet and we'll get the date when the press-release for the season tickets comes out.

Don't know anything about a refund for lost matches - Article literally says announcement due end of this week.

Don't Know when they can publish their report about Lotto - The fact it has been flagged up again tells us that the Trust are doing what the can and info will follow.

Don't know anything about new players or contracted players returning to training for that matter - Players and management currently furloughed until the EFL inform us, again, dependent on the EFL.

Don't know if they an get into a safety meeting or not - Trust pushing for this in order to be a go-to for supporters regarding this.

EFL are holding up a lot of further information being able to be announced and planned. This goes for every club in the football league as well, most of which are doing nothing to even update supporters like the Trust do.

Information is limited at the moment but the fact the Trust are pushing for that information is a huge positive and a good thing.

Progress is happening, albeit slower than we want.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:27 - Jul 22 with 1941 viewsJames1980

Why not make it so this season ticket can be used in the 21/22 season in the event of the next season being cut short.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:31 - Jul 22 with 1935 viewstony_roch975

that's what you call a balanced analysis.
On the other hand:
Club has consulted Trust on 20/21 admission prices before decision and will involve Trust in launch.
The arrangements for the 6 unused 2019/20 Season Tickets were agreed and will be announced this week.
Trust criticised Club's lack of communication over BBM etc - Club has agreed to provide update within the week and Trust will continue monitoring.
Trust has chased new kit launch and new date will be in August.
Club has requested the Trust hold off publishing Lotto report and Trust has agreed to be supportive.
Trust has followed up fans request in the survey to prioritise attracting families - in depth analysis to be done including requesting the Club's input.
Trust requested observer status at the Club's Safety Advisory Group - The Club will consider.
The Government and EFL have not yet provided start date for season & subsequent return from furlough of players & staff, nor arrangements for fans attending - The Trust & Club await these.

and finally - a clear Action Plan we can hold them to account on.
Excellent work.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:05 - Jul 22 with 1857 viewsTVOS1907

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:27 - Jul 22 by James1980

Why not make it so this season ticket can be used in the 21/22 season in the event of the next season being cut short.

Why not wait until something like that actually happens?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 1825 viewsJames1980

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:05 - Jul 22 by TVOS1907

Why not wait until something like that actually happens?

If a degree of flexibility is advertised it might encourage those who are deliberating, to invest in a season ticket.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:27 - Jul 22 with 1791 viewsTVOS1907

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:17 - Jul 22 by James1980

If a degree of flexibility is advertised it might encourage those who are deliberating, to invest in a season ticket.

Doubt it, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 15:35 - Jul 22 with 1769 viewsDaleiLama

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:24 - Jul 22 by ChaffRAFC

Don't know when matches will start - IF the EFL won't tell us, it's not a club or a Trust issue.

Don't know when spectators or how many or under what circumstances will be allowed - The government hasn't specified what capacity restrictions will be in place, again, hardly the fault of the club or the Trust.

Don't know how much season tickets or prices for POTD will be - That's not what was said, they have given the prices to the Trust, but a full press release will follow in the near future.

Don't have a launch date for STs or new kit - New kit will be launched same day as the season tickets. Old stock has to be sold through yet and we'll get the date when the press-release for the season tickets comes out.

Don't know anything about a refund for lost matches - Article literally says announcement due end of this week.

Don't Know when they can publish their report about Lotto - The fact it has been flagged up again tells us that the Trust are doing what the can and info will follow.

Don't know anything about new players or contracted players returning to training for that matter - Players and management currently furloughed until the EFL inform us, again, dependent on the EFL.

Don't know if they an get into a safety meeting or not - Trust pushing for this in order to be a go-to for supporters regarding this.

EFL are holding up a lot of further information being able to be announced and planned. This goes for every club in the football league as well, most of which are doing nothing to even update supporters like the Trust do.

Information is limited at the moment but the fact the Trust are pushing for that information is a huge positive and a good thing.

Progress is happening, albeit slower than we want.

Plenty of imponderables to ponder over there if you're that way inclined.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 16:21 - Jul 22 with 1688 viewsfitzochris

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 14:12 - Jul 22 by dawlishdale

It's worrying to me to have it confirmed that BBM is still furloughed, and thus, can't do any sort of work whatsoever, including speaking to potential players.

Do you actually believe that, though?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 16:45 - Jul 22 with 1634 viewsblackdogblue

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 16:21 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Do you actually believe that, though?

Rules are rules so yes, doesn’t mean we haven’t got anyone talking, not all staff have been furloughed...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:23 - Jul 22 with 1548 viewsfitzochris

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 16:45 - Jul 22 by blackdogblue

Rules are rules so yes, doesn’t mean we haven’t got anyone talking, not all staff have been furloughed...

Right.

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:32 - Jul 22 with 1527 views100notout

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:23 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Right.

Are you suggesting the club are doing something illegal?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:41 - Jul 22 with 1500 viewsfitzochris

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:32 - Jul 22 by 100notout

Are you suggesting the club are doing something illegal?

I’m suggesting it’s naive to think BBM has spent his furlough sitting on his hands.

A messsage from Pyongyang? on 17:56 - Jul 22 with 1445 viewsjudd

Personally think it is an excellent report from the Trust and I think their collective frustration is tangible.

Clearly the Trust in reporting back to the club with "concerns and questions" arising from season ticket and matchday admission prices are signalling problems ahead.

It has been widely tweeted yesterday about a 12th September start date and Premier League financial support - perhaps this is fake news or it was circulated to EFL clubs after the trust meeting?

The lotto farce lumbers on and on and on. How many meetings about this now, and how it's not able to be explained in a straightforward and plausible manner?

No mention of the treat in store for former Goldbond agents.

Safety Advisory Group meetings - well done the Trust in requesting a further invite. Don't forget how you were treated after you last requested the same after the Bradford fiasco. With endemic disdain that cascades through every meeting you have had.

The Fans Forum as cited by the Trust was remarkable in re-building the bridges destroyed by the club's evasive and aloof stance on transparency and then the issuing of new shares and the sale of shares to American investors - all known about during the aforementioned love in - came as bombshells. Recent statements did make a difference in communication. Did they make a difference! Statues all over the country were toppled in readiness for a more deserving replacement.

This is the best report ever issued by the Trust and I commend them for it.

It speaks volumes.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024