Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return 07:35 - Jul 23 with 1989 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52682/lallana-linked-wit

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 08:11 - Jul 23 with 1959 viewsSadoldgit

Really can’t see this one happening at all. Too old. Too injury prone. As for a replacement for Hoj, they play different roles. I’d be very surprised if he name has even been mentioned when looking for players this summer.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:14 - Jul 23 with 1899 viewsKennington

Can’t see it happening and is he really that much better than Redmond or Armstrong?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 1901 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 08:11 - Jul 23 by Sadoldgit

Really can’t see this one happening at all. Too old. Too injury prone. As for a replacement for Hoj, they play different roles. I’d be very surprised if he name has even been mentioned when looking for players this summer.

I did point al this out in the article, linking him as the media have done is just lazy journalism or his agent just trying to drum up interest

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:47 - Jul 23 with 1858 viewsarfurdent

do not want that t0sser back

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:01 - Jul 23 with 1839 viewsA1079

If you ask fans about this one you are just going to get a very emotive response. Whether there is any genuine truth or substance in it, is another matter, but personally if Ralph thinks he is right for us and can do the job that he is looking for, whatever my personal feelings may be, I would rather go with the objective view of our manager.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:33 - Jul 23 with 1815 viewsSaintNick

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:01 - Jul 23 by A1079

If you ask fans about this one you are just going to get a very emotive response. Whether there is any genuine truth or substance in it, is another matter, but personally if Ralph thinks he is right for us and can do the job that he is looking for, whatever my personal feelings may be, I would rather go with the objective view of our manager.

I think some of the abuse aimed at Lallana is unfair, after all he stayed loyal when he could have left during adminstration in 2009 and then was a major part of our two straight promotions and 8th place in 2014.

He had served his time and paid his dues at Saints and in truth deserved a big money move.

However it could have been handled better and all three parties played their part Saints, Liverpool and the player himself in the way the situation was dealt with.

Lallana should have left with our best wishes, after all he didn't demand a move at the first opportunity like Lovren, didn't do a year or two then just go like Shaw or Oxlade Chamberlain and the fee bought both his direct replacement Sadio Mane and another player.

Therefore I think whether he returns to St Mary's as a Saints player or with another club, he deserves us to let bygones be bygones, of all who left he gave us the most and we loved him the most, that is why it is the most painful, time to let things go.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 1800 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Yeah I can't see him coming back, more the case that he's been injured a LOT and is 32. Can't see him playing a pressing game now ...

But stranger things have happened.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 11:07 - Jul 23 with 1767 viewsdirk_doone

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:33 - Jul 23 by SaintNick

I think some of the abuse aimed at Lallana is unfair, after all he stayed loyal when he could have left during adminstration in 2009 and then was a major part of our two straight promotions and 8th place in 2014.

He had served his time and paid his dues at Saints and in truth deserved a big money move.

However it could have been handled better and all three parties played their part Saints, Liverpool and the player himself in the way the situation was dealt with.

Lallana should have left with our best wishes, after all he didn't demand a move at the first opportunity like Lovren, didn't do a year or two then just go like Shaw or Oxlade Chamberlain and the fee bought both his direct replacement Sadio Mane and another player.

Therefore I think whether he returns to St Mary's as a Saints player or with another club, he deserves us to let bygones be bygones, of all who left he gave us the most and we loved him the most, that is why it is the most painful, time to let things go.

Watching Lallana, van Dijk, Mane, Lovren and Oxlade-Chamberlain collect their Premier League winners' medals last night I thought it's understandable why they left. It's not only about the money. Every professional footballer dreams of winning trophies with one of the big clubs.

If we get many years' service from them before we sell them, like we did with Lallana, then we should be grateful for that. I'm never going to be bitter about our ex-players because of negative stories spread about them online during the Les Reed era. Unfortunately Old Les was just not very good at dealing with either footballers or football managers.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 11:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 11:34 - Jul 23 with 1734 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:01 - Jul 23 by A1079

Unusually for me I’ve thought long and hard about this. My gut reaction was “nah, fvck him, he left us like a thief in the night.

Then on quieter reflection, I remembered that Lawrie Mac used to get fantastic results with players in the last part of their careers (Ball, Osgood, Channon, Mills, Watson etc) so if Ralph thinks he could add to the team then why not? I won’t ever do that fecking stoopid wave though (er, not that I ever did of ocurse..).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 12:17 - Jul 23 with 1692 viewsButty101

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 11:07 - Jul 23 by dirk_doone

Watching Lallana, van Dijk, Mane, Lovren and Oxlade-Chamberlain collect their Premier League winners' medals last night I thought it's understandable why they left. It's not only about the money. Every professional footballer dreams of winning trophies with one of the big clubs.

If we get many years' service from them before we sell them, like we did with Lallana, then we should be grateful for that. I'm never going to be bitter about our ex-players because of negative stories spread about them online during the Les Reed era. Unfortunately Old Les was just not very good at dealing with either footballers or football managers.

Spot on Dirk.

if he wanted to come back, then i would say bring him back. Les had a habit of making the players the bad guys.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 12:48 - Jul 23 with 1661 viewsWinchesterExile

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:47 - Jul 23 by arfurdent

do not want that t0sser back

Completely understand this point of view but if we refused to sign cun*ts then we’d be really restricted as to who we could sign. The question is is he quality and can he bring something to the team which we need? Personally I say yes.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 13:06 - Jul 23 with 1641 viewsSaintsforeverj

I wouldn't want him back and don't think the club would either. Hadn't Ralph always said they have to be young players to develop? I can't see this happening.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 13:12 - Jul 23 with 1637 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 11:07 - Jul 23 by dirk_doone

If they had all stayed it would have been us wouldn't it? Except they would be on a lot less money at Southampton and the bonuses would have been smaller.

From 10pm last night, football was finished and we watched some classic comedies. That was much better than watching a load of arrogant, idiots on 300k a week, thinking they are clever for winning the league.

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 13:25 - Jul 23 with 1622 viewsA1079

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 10:33 - Jul 23 by SaintNick

I agree completely with what you have said there Nick. It could all have been handled better, but my interest is he someone who Ralph feels can add value to our team and the way he wants to play and if that is the case and the price is right, then I would rather he joined us than a rival.

I am not saying he should be signed or shouldn't be signed but I am happy to allow that decision to be made by our manager and then support it. There are bigger issues to deal with than to hold some strange vendetta against one of our former players who perhaps did not handle himself well but was also a useful scapegoat for the board at the time to deflect any venom or ill feeling at a departing player than the strategy of the club.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 14:43 - Jul 23 with 1565 viewsSadoldgit

Irrespective of how we feel about the way he left, he simply doesn’t fit into the profile of the players that we sign or look to sign. I agree that the decision should be down to Ralph but we seem to be looking for young hungry players with potential and he just doesn’t tick those boxes.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 15:18 - Jul 23 with 1537 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 14:43 - Jul 23 by Sadoldgit

Irrespective of how we feel about the way he left, he simply doesn’t fit into the profile of the players that we sign or look to sign. I agree that the decision should be down to Ralph but we seem to be looking for young hungry players with potential and he just doesn’t tick those boxes.

Totally agree. Ralph likes to have players who do as they are told, not set in their ways and players he can train / mold etc. It was also actually Hughes who bought Ings. Every Ralph signing has been young. I just can't see this happening.

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 18:26 - Jul 23 with 1449 viewskernow

He was a good player for Saints and moved on to bigger and better things. Don't blame him for that, nothing personal.
Why would he want to return to Southampton?
Why would we want him?
As has been said already, he doesn't fit.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 04:43 - Jul 24 with 1251 viewsareasix

It was handled badly by all concerned and I might have got this wrong but did he not take out an ad in the echo trying to neutralise the issues at the time and to say sorry but most of this was not my doing was the way I read it.

Personally I don’t think he has the engine in him for 90 mins and I think everyone forgets we have Harrison Reed waiting to fill the vacant gap.
Went to Fulham a couple of times this year the supporters love him , rate him and I have to say both games he was the linch pin and best player by far on the pitch. Right age as well.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:29 - Jul 24 with 1155 viewsSadoldgit

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 04:43 - Jul 24 by areasix

It was handled badly by all concerned and I might have got this wrong but did he not take out an ad in the echo trying to neutralise the issues at the time and to say sorry but most of this was not my doing was the way I read it.

Personally I don’t think he has the engine in him for 90 mins and I think everyone forgets we have Harrison Reed waiting to fill the vacant gap.
Went to Fulham a couple of times this year the supporters love him , rate him and I have to say both games he was the linch pin and best player by far on the pitch. Right age as well.

My brother is a Fulham supporter and he loved Matty Targett too! Still it would be good to have another look at Reed to see if he fits the bill now.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 12:26 - Jul 24 with 1108 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 04:43 - Jul 24 by areasix

He did take out an ad. Half a page. Trouble is SRL who was jumping ship at the same time also took out an ad. His was a full page which made Lallana’s effort look half hearted and piss poor.

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 17:42 - Jul 24 with 1052 viewsTripleNiemi

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 12:26 - Jul 24 by Chesham_Saint

He did take out an ad. Half a page. Trouble is SRL who was jumping ship at the same time also took out an ad. His was a full page which made Lallana’s effort look half hearted and piss poor.

Wasn't it more to do with the actual content rather than size of the ad? I seem to recall Nivea Boy starting off well and then pretty much digging himself a hole with his whole love in for all things Scouse.

Would prefer he fcuked off somewhere else tbh (and don't expect him to be interested in coming back to us anyway).

Always made me laugh when the plastics asked why he got stick..........
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 17:44]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 18:07 - Jul 24 with 1034 viewsChesham_Saint

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 17:42 - Jul 24 by TripleNiemi

Wasn't it more to do with the actual content rather than size of the ad? I seem to recall Nivea Boy starting off well and then pretty much digging himself a hole with his whole love in for all things Scouse.

Would prefer he fcuked off somewhere else tbh (and don't expect him to be interested in coming back to us anyway).

Always made me laugh when the plastics asked why he got stick..........
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 17:44]

Any player that puts on another team’s shirt whilst he’s still at another club is a thoughtless tvvat. Just ask what West Ham fans still think of Paul Ince and that must have been about 25 years since he shat on them for the mancs.

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 08:38 - Jul 25 with 927 viewsarfurdent

lala is still a complete t0sser

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 883 viewsinthebox

Well Lovren won't be coming back he's off to Russia.
Lallana Linked With A St Mary's Return on 16:58 - Jul 25 with 787 viewsPatfromPoole

Seems that Lallana is off to Brighton. Bit surprised by that.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024