Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tourism 19:38 - Jul 27 with 1594 viewsBicester_North

Feel sorry for anyone who works in that industry. With what the government have done with Spain nobody will be wanting to book anything now.
Not only will more airlines and travel companies be going under, it’ll destroy tourist areas across Europe and beyond. Boggles the mind what state places like the Spanish islands will be in after all this.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Tourism on 21:45 - Jul 27 with 1147 viewssaint22

another gold star for Raab and his muppets
Tourism on 21:46 - Jul 27 with 1148 viewsJaySaint

Tourism on 21:45 - Jul 27 by saint22

You cried that the govt took too long to act

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Tourism on 21:56 - Jul 27 with 1136 viewsBoris_

If they didn’t do it you would be crying like a massive baby that they took too long.

I booked to go to Marbella next week only a few days ago and now had to cancel and get a voucher for my flights. So what? I knew the risks, as did everyone who decided to go to Spain on holiday.

Poll: Claude Puel

Tourism on 21:59 - Jul 27 with 1131 viewsBicester_North

Tourism on 21:56 - Jul 27 by Boris_

If they didn’t do it you would be crying like a massive baby that they took too long.

I booked to go to Marbella next week only a few days ago and now had to cancel and get a voucher for my flights. So what? I knew the risks, as did everyone who decided to go to Spain on holiday.

It’s not people having their holidays cancelled that’s the problem, it’s the people that rely on it to live.

Tourism on 22:10 - Jul 27 with 1110 views1885_SFC

Yep - a gold star for Raab who's trying to keep me and my family safe from dense people who wanted to holiday abroad during a global f*cking pandemic.

Old School is Cool

Tourism on 22:11 - Jul 27 with 1108 viewsWints76

I am currently in Mallorca. Yep, I knew the risks and was happy to come (arrived Saturday AM, a few hours before the announcement). Have to say that I have found it very well organised here, masks are needed in many places and people use them, sanitiser is readily available and everyone seems very clued up. Where the islands are so reliant on tourism, they really have done a good job.

However, now it has been deemed unsafe to visit but I have been told that it is perfectly safe for me to stay here another 9 days. I am not really bothered as I am having a nice time and it is great being in a hotel that isn't even 25% full, though not great for the hard working staff. Am expecting a few more u turns and we may even end up coming home early. Am amazed they didn't allow the Balearic and Canary Islands an exemption. I believe their argument was that people could fly from mainland Spain to the islands and then on to the UK, but I believe there are still flights from Gibraltar and Southern France?
Tourism on 07:04 - Jul 28 with 1007 viewssaint22

Tourism on 21:46 - Jul 27 by JaySaint

You cried that the govt took too long to act

Yes pal this should have been implemented way back and the govt should have encouraged everyone to forget about travelling abroad and stay in this country ploughing their cash back into our economy but no they rushed 'air bridges' then did another u turn
Why do you all settle for their endless incompetence?
we need proactive leadership not reactive failures
Tourism on 07:18 - Jul 28 with 1003 viewsSalisburySaint

Tourism on 22:11 - Jul 27 by Wints76

I am currently in Mallorca. Yep, I knew the risks and was happy to come (arrived Saturday AM, a few hours before the announcement). Have to say that I have found it very well organised here, masks are needed in many places and people use them, sanitiser is readily available and everyone seems very clued up. Where the islands are so reliant on tourism, they really have done a good job.

However, now it has been deemed unsafe to visit but I have been told that it is perfectly safe for me to stay here another 9 days. I am not really bothered as I am having a nice time and it is great being in a hotel that isn't even 25% full, though not great for the hard working staff. Am expecting a few more u turns and we may even end up coming home early. Am amazed they didn't allow the Balearic and Canary Islands an exemption. I believe their argument was that people could fly from mainland Spain to the islands and then on to the UK, but I believe there are still flights from Gibraltar and Southern France?

No logic in the Balearic and Canary Islands being included in the government action, or many areas of Spain where r rate currently lower than UK.
Login to get fewer ads

Tourism on 09:16 - Jul 28 with 938 viewsSadoldgit

Tourism on 07:04 - Jul 28 by saint22

Yes pal this should have been implemented way back and the govt should have encouraged everyone to forget about travelling abroad and stay in this country ploughing their cash back into our economy but no they rushed 'air bridges' then did another u turn
Why do you all settle for their endless incompetence?
we need proactive leadership not reactive failures

Your point about them being reactive is spot on. No proper long term strategy, just making it up on the hoof. They have had more than enough time to get their heads around the situation but they just don’t seem to have any idea. On the one hand they tell us that this is still a very real problem, then they do something that makes a spike more likely, then they backtrack again and so it goes on.

Johnson has shown no leadership and clearly has no idea of how to lead a country through this pandemic. A number of political commentators have said for a while that he won’t see out his full term. Murdoch is rumoured to prefer Gove (WTF?). We desperately need a PM who can use some joined up thinking to lead us through this and provide a proper plan, presented with clarity and authority. Perhaps Ken Clarke should be brought back from the wilderness but they won’t do that because of his stance on Brexit. None of the current cabinet fit the bill.
Tourism on 09:18 - Jul 28 with 940 viewsBoris_

Tourism on 09:16 - Jul 28 by Sadoldgit

Your point about them being reactive is spot on. No proper long term strategy, just making it up on the hoof. They have had more than enough time to get their heads around the situation but they just don’t seem to have any idea. On the one hand they tell us that this is still a very real problem, then they do something that makes a spike more likely, then they backtrack again and so it goes on.

Johnson has shown no leadership and clearly has no idea of how to lead a country through this pandemic. A number of political commentators have said for a while that he won’t see out his full term. Murdoch is rumoured to prefer Gove (WTF?). We desperately need a PM who can use some joined up thinking to lead us through this and provide a proper plan, presented with clarity and authority. Perhaps Ken Clarke should be brought back from the wilderness but they won’t do that because of his stance on Brexit. None of the current cabinet fit the bill.

Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you big cry baby.

Another thread with soppy spending his twilight years crying about who is Prime Minister. What a sad lonely old man you are mush.

Tourism on 11:36 - Jul 28 with 902 viewskernow

Boris is a beer swilling bloater....FACT.
Tourism on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 857 viewsSadoldgit

Tourism on 09:18 - Jul 28 by Boris_

Wahhhhh wahhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you big cry baby.

Another thread with soppy spending his twilight years crying about who is Prime Minister. What a sad lonely old man you are mush.

No one is crying Doris. No one. Your childish playground antics show you up for what you are. You aren’t even bothering to defend this government because even you can see they are not defendable. Instead you just throw childish insults around. Go back to counting the blood money you have made out if the pandemic mate.
Tourism on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 853 viewsBoris_

Tourism on 12:50 - Jul 28 by Sadoldgit

No one is crying Doris. No one. Your childish playground antics show you up for what you are. You aren’t even bothering to defend this government because even you can see they are not defendable. Instead you just throw childish insults around. Go back to counting the blood money you have made out if the pandemic mate.

The ban in Spain had directly affected me and cost me money through my own holiday having to be cancelled next week and people who I manage currently being in Ibiza and having to quarantine for 14 days on return, so missing a ton of filming.

I am not crying about it. The government are doing what they have to do to stop the squinnying extreme lefties like you shouting and screaming that they 'didn't act fast enough'

The quarantine rules don't affect you in the slightest, yet you have the strongest opinion about them on here. Why is that?

Tourism on 13:20 - Jul 28 with 846 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I just don't know why people are travelling anyway in all honesty.

Air travel is disastrous for the planet but above all else, there is still a global pandemic on.

Also made me laugh when they interviewed two shop owners ... 1 was a 'Cornish restaurant in Spain' and the other a 'British bar', in Spain. Do people REALLY go to Spain to eat and drink what they can back home? I thought it was a stereotype.

Looking at the news with all those VERY red, bloated Brits, if they don't get Coronavirus, they'll get skin cancer.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Tourism on 13:58 - Jul 28 with 823 viewsSadoldgit

Tourism on 12:54 - Jul 28 by Boris_

The ban in Spain had directly affected me and cost me money through my own holiday having to be cancelled next week and people who I manage currently being in Ibiza and having to quarantine for 14 days on return, so missing a ton of filming.

I am not crying about it. The government are doing what they have to do to stop the squinnying extreme lefties like you shouting and screaming that they 'didn't act fast enough'

The quarantine rules don't affect you in the slightest, yet you have the strongest opinion about them on here. Why is that?

The quarantine rules do affect me and everyone in this country because they control the amount of the virus arriving in this country from outside. It is precisely why quarantine rules should have been brought in earlier. As a manager I thought you could have worked that one out for yourself.
Tourism on 14:36 - Jul 28 with 806 viewsBoris_

Tourism on 13:58 - Jul 28 by Sadoldgit

The quarantine rules do affect me and everyone in this country because they control the amount of the virus arriving in this country from outside. It is precisely why quarantine rules should have been brought in earlier. As a manager I thought you could have worked that one out for yourself.

What would you do different? Come on, I am interested to hear. You are quick to highlight all of the problems, yet you're not so quick to offer any solutions.

Your Mrs must be sick and tired of your constant whinging through this pandemic. Only a matter of time before she walks out on you pal.

Tourism on 16:26 - Jul 28 with 767 viewssaint22

Tourism on 13:20 - Jul 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I just don't know why people are travelling anyway in all honesty.

Air travel is disastrous for the planet but above all else, there is still a global pandemic on.

Also made me laugh when they interviewed two shop owners ... 1 was a 'Cornish restaurant in Spain' and the other a 'British bar', in Spain. Do people REALLY go to Spain to eat and drink what they can back home? I thought it was a stereotype.

Looking at the news with all those VERY red, bloated Brits, if they don't get Coronavirus, they'll get skin cancer.

You mean all those who voted Brexit yet love a trip to
Magaluf??!
Tourism on 16:32 - Jul 28 with 762 viewssaint22

Tourism on 12:54 - Jul 28 by Boris_

Anyone over 21 who goes to Ibiza should be quarantined there for good
Tourism on 17:11 - Jul 28 with 740 viewsBoris_

Tourism on 16:32 - Jul 28 by saint22

What's your point?

Have you worked out how stamp duty works yet?

People who lie about their wealth and success on an internet mongboard to a bunch of strangers deserve to be quarantined from the internet for good.

Tourism on 18:34 - Jul 28 with 710 viewsBicester_North

Tourism on 16:32 - Jul 28 by saint22

People who send fake passport pictures over the internet to impress strangers should be quarantined indefinitely

Tourism on 18:35 - Jul 28 with 708 viewsBicester_North

Tourism on 17:11 - Jul 28 by Boris_

What's your point?

People who lie about their wealth and success on an internet mongboard to a bunch of strangers deserve to be quarantined from the internet for good.

you got there first

Tourism on 07:56 - Jul 29 with 612 viewsSadoldgit

Tourism on 17:11 - Jul 28 by Boris_

What's your point?

Didn’t you recently come in here crowing about how much money you were saving out of the stamp duty decision? 😂. What makes you any different? At least he isn’t gloating over money made out of the deaths of thousands.

For someone who supposedly believes in democracy, you seem to want to ban an awful lot of people you don’t like or agree with.
Tourism on 08:37 - Jul 29 with 605 viewsBoris_

Tourism on 07:56 - Jul 29 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t you recently come in here crowing about how much money you were saving out of the stamp duty decision? 😂. What makes you any different? At least he isn’t gloating over money made out of the deaths of thousands.

For someone who supposedly believes in democracy, you seem to want to ban an awful lot of people you don’t like or agree with.

I came on here and congratulated the government on their financial support packages which whether you like it or not, are some of the very best in the world.

Of course for a weirdo like you, you don't want to discuss anything that the government gets right and are obsessed and fixated at crying about the mistakes, so you'll no doubt ignore this reply.

Tourism on 09:47 - Jul 29 with 587 viewssaint22

Tourism on 18:35 - Jul 28 by Bicester_North

you got there first

the only place you ever get first is the Sports Direct sale
Tourism on 10:04 - Jul 29 with 576 viewsBuggalugs

Tourism on 09:47 - Jul 29 by saint22

the only place you ever get first is the Sports Direct sale

Brilliant

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024