Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Week 12:55 - Jul 30 with 1941 viewsSaintNick

Sees the 20th birthday of this website

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Next Week on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 1311 viewsdirk_doone

The years fly by. I remember finding out about 9/11 on here when somebody posted that a plane had just flown into the World Trade Center. I also remember an early exchange we had during the construction of the new stadium. I was living overseas so it was great to hear from someone who had visited the building site how impressive it was.

The first Saints fans' forum online was an e-mail list (early 90s?), which I believe was the predecessor of Saintsweb.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Next Week on 13:31 - Jul 30 with 1291 viewsWints76

I think there should be guest appearances from Hillbilly, Guderian, WToo, Mil the Yid, Avrom Shalom and Bent Eric

And yes, the day of 9/11 and the Saints fan giving reports from NYC was quite something
Next Week on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 1284 viewsdirk_doone

Next Week on 13:31 - Jul 30 by Wints76

I think there should be guest appearances from Hillbilly, Guderian, WToo, Mil the Yid, Avrom Shalom and Bent Eric

And yes, the day of 9/11 and the Saints fan giving reports from NYC was quite something

I remember Guderian posting 10 years ago: "You are lower league rubbish." He stopped posting on both this forum and pompeyfansonline, after they got relegated to League One. He just couldn't stomach it.

He'll still be hurting somewhere: every year a little bit more. Little did he know back then that 2020/21 would be Little Pompey's 21st in the bottom two divisions.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:51]

Next Week on 13:49 - Jul 30 with 1270 viewsChesham_Saint

Avrom Shalom? Hate to speak Ill of the dead, but he was a first rate tvvat.

So Nick, how many originals still post?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Next Week on 13:49 - Jul 30 with 1270 viewsSaintNick

As you are in touch with a couple of them perhaps you could ask them to make a 20th anniversary comeback next week or prerecord a video link as they do at the oscars

Next Week on 13:51 - Jul 30 with 1270 viewsWints76

Next Week on 13:42 - Jul 30 by dirk_doone

I remember Guderian posting 10 years ago: "You are lower league rubbish." He stopped posting on both this forum and pompeyfansonline, after they got relegated to League One. He just couldn't stomach it.

He'll still be hurting somewhere: every year a little bit more. Little did he know back then that 2020/21 would be Little Pompey's 21st in the bottom two divisions.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:51]

Yep, some of them were funny (Wtoo, G Stand (or something) and Stumpy in particular), but Guderian came across as pretty nasty and disappeared despite them 'owning the past, present and future'

Patred should come back, especially now Bliss has sadly passed away
Next Week on 13:55 - Jul 30 with 1259 viewsChesham_Saint

Next Week on 13:51 - Jul 30 by Wints76

Yep, some of them were funny (Wtoo, G Stand (or something) and Stumpy in particular), but Guderian came across as pretty nasty and disappeared despite them 'owning the past, present and future'

Patred should come back, especially now Bliss has sadly passed away

Bliss has passed away? You mean in the virtual world, right?

Next Week on 13:55 - Jul 30 with 1257 viewsWints76

Next Week on 13:49 - Jul 30 by SaintNick

As you are in touch with a couple of them perhaps you could ask them to make a 20th anniversary comeback next week or prerecord a video link as they do at the oscars

"Since starring in the early days of the Ugly Inside and mocking Southampton relentlessly during the brief time that Portsmouth were superior, WToo has not even mentioned Southampton for over 8 years at the time of recording. When they used to work in the same office, he used to ask this interviewer 'So what 3rd division dross have you got this weekend? Merthyr Tydfil or something?""
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 14:20]
Login to get fewer ads

Next Week on 13:56 - Jul 30 with 1255 viewsWints76

Next Week on 13:55 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

Bliss has passed away? You mean in the virtual world, right?

No, sadly in reality. I didn't know him, but a mutual friend on FB mentioned it
Next Week on 14:01 - Jul 30 with 1247 viewsChesham_Saint

Next Week on 13:56 - Jul 30 by Wints76

No, sadly in reality. I didn't know him, but a mutual friend on FB mentioned it

Shit. He came across as a pompey loser, but I wouldn’t wish that on him. If he has karked that would be ironic as I recall he was always giving Patred grief and poor old Pat had a litany of ailments and misfortunes...

Next Week on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 1235 viewssolent_toffee

Blimey hasn’t time flown. I logged on here a couple of weeks after moving down here asking for advice on getting to the Saints game at Goodison in early October. I ended up going on the Saints supporters bus. 1 each, late penalty for Everton.

This board has been great for me. Got loads of good advice when I left Uni on house shares etc and through this very board got involved with Saints foundation which has supported me getting a dream job (for me anyway). So I probably owe Nick a long overdue pint.

Met some cracking people over the years through this site too.

Carry on...
Next Week on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 1200 viewsSadoldgit

Next Week on 13:15 - Jul 30 by dirk_doone

The years fly by. I remember finding out about 9/11 on here when somebody posted that a plane had just flown into the World Trade Center. I also remember an early exchange we had during the construction of the new stadium. I was living overseas so it was great to hear from someone who had visited the building site how impressive it was.

The first Saints fans' forum online was an e-mail list (early 90s?), which I believe was the predecessor of Saintsweb.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 13:24]

If that was the Saintslist I used to be on there too! 😀
Next Week on 14:38 - Jul 30 with 1183 viewsChesham_Saint

Next Week on 14:18 - Jul 30 by solent_toffee

Blimey hasn’t time flown. I logged on here a couple of weeks after moving down here asking for advice on getting to the Saints game at Goodison in early October. I ended up going on the Saints supporters bus. 1 each, late penalty for Everton.

This board has been great for me. Got loads of good advice when I left Uni on house shares etc and through this very board got involved with Saints foundation which has supported me getting a dream job (for me anyway). So I probably owe Nick a long overdue pint.

Met some cracking people over the years through this site too.

Carry on...

And you’ve yet to meet me.

Next Week on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 1180 viewssolent_toffee

Bent Eric could flog the left over Mush t-shirts from the 2003 Cup Final, or hang on three years, add a tenner onto them and flog them as retro.
Next Week on 16:04 - Jul 30 with 1123 viewsInsideOut

Congrats !

I started reading TUI around 2002

I miss Elvis Pompey, anyone know what happened to him ?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 16:05]

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Next Week on 16:11 - Jul 30 with 1111 viewsdirk_doone

Next Week on 16:04 - Jul 30 by InsideOut

Congrats !

I started reading TUI around 2002

I miss Elvis Pompey, anyone know what happened to him ?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 16:05]

He could be anywhere from Bombay to the Hillbilly country of West Virginia and points in between. His last username didn't include a place name though. In real life, he also spent a lot of time in Florida. The last I heard from him, he was going to an MLB game in London last summer.

He was at his best with his brilliant Bollywood movies. That was a real highlight in the history of the UI.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 16:14]

Next Week on 16:16 - Jul 30 with 1100 viewsChesham_Saint

Going way back I miss Skooba, Backwater Saint and Tijuana Tim. All very amusing in their own way and not at all abusive.

Next Week on 18:29 - Jul 30 with 1030 viewskingslandstand1

Burley Shassey?? Or has he been mentioned ...............
Next Week on 19:41 - Jul 30 with 990 viewsBison

Next Week on 16:16 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

Going way back I miss Skooba, Backwater Saint and Tijuana Tim. All very amusing in their own way and not at all abusive.

St Bangkok or Bangers as he was affectionately know.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Next Week on 19:54 - Jul 30 with 984 viewsMytchettSaint

Can’t believe Bombay hasn’t been mentioned yet. Not sure if he was an original poster or appeared then disappeared?

Was Hucksake someone else as well on here?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Next Week on 20:23 - Jul 30 with 971 viewsWints76

Next Week on 19:54 - Jul 30 by MytchettSaint

Can’t believe Bombay hasn’t been mentioned yet. Not sure if he was an original poster or appeared then disappeared?

Was Hucksake someone else as well on here?

Bombay has been mentioned several times in various guises!

I have seen Skooba, Backwater and Yateley at the last few games pre lockdown

Shirley Mush had his head screwed on. He would have destroyed certain posters on here lately as well

It was really funny at times. Remembering when loads of irate Geordies logged on after Tahar took out Kieron Dyer.
Next Week on 20:24 - Jul 30 with 972 viewsChesham_Saint

Next Week on 19:41 - Jul 30 by Bison

St Bangkok or Bangers as he was affectionately know.

🤭🤫😮

Sorry I have had to remove the sentence above for legal reasons, there is good reason why

This post has been edited by an administrator

Next Week on 20:25 - Jul 30 with 968 viewsMeonsaint

Next Week on 16:16 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

Tijuana Tim was my old Warsash Youth FC Manager in the inaugural Hampshire Youth League of 1981. We had a great side too and took points off Saints & Pompey.
A real football person and Saints Fan to the core. Legend.
Next Week on 21:48 - Jul 30 with 923 viewskingslandstand1

Next Week on 14:01 - Jul 30 by Chesham_Saint

Shit. He came across as a pompey loser, but I wouldn’t wish that on him. If he has karked that would be ironic as I recall he was always giving Patred grief and poor old Pat had a litany of ailments and misfortunes...

have been wondering how Pat is as he was not in very good health when he left the site. He certainly put up with a lot of stick, and personal stuff as things got a bit heavy. But he was very open on here inc posting pics of himself which no one else does - probably understandably!
Next Week on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 855 viewsSaintNick

It would be nice to see some of them pop back, things evolve and things change, but they all added something to the site.

Rightly or wrongly I have always tried to give people their right to say what they want, for some that proved hard to take, for other it proved hard to stop themselves.

Things have calmed down a lot of late, perhaps some who left will find it more to their liking these days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024