Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It 09:00 - Aug 1 with 3090 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52711/hojbjerg-needs-to-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:11 - Aug 1 with 2470 viewsSaintsforeverj

Spurs have us over a barrel on this. Hojbjerg can join them for free in January and they know it. If Hojbjerg refuses to budge, and Spurs don't budge either, he will go for free in January. We might as well take the 15 million, even though he is worth more because as I say l, we will end up getting nothing.

And its probably about wages too. Spurs have probably promised Hojbjerg more wages if they pay less in transfer fees, so Hodjberg and Spurs playing hard ball.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 15:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 21:23 - Aug 1 with 2393 viewsTripleNiemi

Hjojberg doesn't need to do a thing, the cards are stacked against Saints sadly. Worst comes to the worst, player sits tight, goes to Spurs for next to nothing in due course (and cops more monies personally as a result).

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 2364 viewsA1079

We seem to have a situation like this every close summer with either a player leaving or joining. Levy will know exactly what he is doing and unfortunately we do not have a good record at board level at managing transfers especially when a so called big club wants one of our players - they always seem to know where or what our weakness is.
Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It (n/t) on 19:59 - Aug 2 with 2211 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:11 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

Spurs have us over a barrel on this. Hojbjerg can join them for free in January and they know it. If Hojbjerg refuses to budge, and Spurs don't budge either, he will go for free in January. We might as well take the 15 million, even though he is worth more because as I say l, we will end up getting nothing.

And its probably about wages too. Spurs have probably promised Hojbjerg more wages if they pay less in transfer fees, so Hodjberg and Spurs playing hard ball.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 15:27]

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 20:02]

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:02 - Aug 2 with 2207 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not sure why the club seems to be taking so long to sort out deals. Being reported that West Ham want Kyle Walker-Peters because Saints are taking so long to sort anything out. Also reported that we can't sign salisu until the money is received for Hojbjerg, so we just have stalemate. If we are not careful, we will end losing Hojbjerg for nothing, Walker-Peters will go to another club and salisu will get fed up. Hopefully things happen this week.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:12 - Aug 2 with 2193 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:02 - Aug 2 by Saintsforeverj

Not sure why the club seems to be taking so long to sort out deals. Being reported that West Ham want Kyle Walker-Peters because Saints are taking so long to sort anything out. Also reported that we can't sign salisu until the money is received for Hojbjerg, so we just have stalemate. If we are not careful, we will end losing Hojbjerg for nothing, Walker-Peters will go to another club and salisu will get fed up. Hopefully things happen this week.

Don’t forget that:

1. we are being run by people who are not going to put money into the club
2. the £19 million of prize money will be largely netted off by the sum refundable to SKY and BT for the way the season ended
3. we are looking at having Forster, Hoedt as a 100% cost to us on the payroll unless we can loan them out again.

We are therefore still effectively skint.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 07:51 - Aug 3 with 2054 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:02 - Aug 2 by Saintsforeverj

You answered your own question pretty much there pal. In other words we are no doubt in desperate need of incoming monies from player sales to self fund any new purchases.

If Hjojberg decides to sit out the remainder of his contract then it could be a quiet window which to be honest, is exactly what i am expecting. Anything else above or beyond would be a bonus.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 07:53 - Aug 3 with 2046 viewssaint22

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 07:51 - Aug 3 by TripleNiemi

You answered your own question pretty much there pal. In other words we are no doubt in desperate need of incoming monies from player sales to self fund any new purchases.

If Hjojberg decides to sit out the remainder of his contract then it could be a quiet window which to be honest, is exactly what i am expecting. Anything else above or beyond would be a bonus.

Meaning we face another same old season next year....?
I see we got £123m PL prize/TV money, can't we stretch to spending 11m of that on a CB?
Login to get fewer ads

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 08:17 - Aug 3 with 2029 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 07:53 - Aug 3 by saint22

Meaning we face another same old season next year....?
I see we got £123m PL prize/TV money, can't we stretch to spending 11m of that on a CB?

We are paying £90k a week to our 3rd choice goalkeeper.

£123 million soon disappears with that sort of thing going on.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 08:49 - Aug 3 with 2009 viewsChesham_Saint

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 07:51 - Aug 3 by TripleNiemi

Remember the old days when a player was languishing in the reserves a couple of thugs from the first team (in the mould of a Tommy Smith and a Chopper Harris) would ‘remind’ them what the club was all about? Not sure of that would work for us now. Not least in that we don’t really have any hard players...

And on that subject, I was watching Vinnie Jones (doing his usual over acting) in a show and all the characters were shit scared of him. He’s lucky Jimmy Case wasn’t around - Vinnie always hid when Casey was on the same pitch.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 13:09 - Aug 3 with 1948 viewsSaintNick

Firstly Hojbjerg cant leave for free in January, he cant even negotiate with clubs in the Premier League only abroad, Saints offered him a new deal a year ago, it is not the clubs fault if he has refuded.

People are quick to slate the club as usual, but lets look at it objectively.

The starting point for Spurs is they want to pay £15 million for Hojbjerg only £2 million more than we paid for him and he has now got 100 or so Premier League game sto his name and they want £15 million for KWP a player who has now played more Premier League minutes for Saints than Spurs.

So the deal is being held up by Spurs using KWP as a pawn in the middle, we have tried to keep the two deals separate, but they are trying to hold us to ransom.

I havent seen any reports that we can't buy Salisu till we sell Hojbjerg, in fact as was discussed on here we took out a borrowing facility to enable us to have cash flow, what has held up the Salisu deal is that we couldn't apply for a work permit until last Monday and the process is slow, to apply for the work permit he would have had to sign a preliminary contract, as that forms part of the criteria for the application.

So Saints are trying to rush through all three transfers the delays are not our club but circumstances beyond our control.

But hey let's not let a few leaks of unfounded rumour to the press from Spurs to try and force our hands ruin a good chance to slag off our club

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 13:45 - Aug 3 with 1914 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 13:09 - Aug 3 by SaintNick

Firstly Hojbjerg cant leave for free in January, he cant even negotiate with clubs in the Premier League only abroad, Saints offered him a new deal a year ago, it is not the clubs fault if he has refuded.

The starting point for Spurs is they want to pay £15 million for Hojbjerg only £2 million more than we paid for him and he has now got 100 or so Premier League game sto his name and they want £15 million for KWP a player who has now played more Premier League minutes for Saints than Spurs.

So the deal is being held up by Spurs using KWP as a pawn in the middle, we have tried to keep the two deals separate, but they are trying to hold us to ransom.

I havent seen any reports that we can't buy Salisu till we sell Hojbjerg, in fact as was discussed on here we took out a borrowing facility to enable us to have cash flow, what has held up the Salisu deal is that we couldn't apply for a work permit until last Monday and the process is slow, to apply for the work permit he would have had to sign a preliminary contract, as that forms part of the criteria for the application.

So Saints are trying to rush through all three transfers the delays are not our club but circumstances beyond our control.

But hey let's not let a few leaks of unfounded rumour to the press from Spurs to try and force our hands ruin a good chance to slag off our club

Just to clarify, i for one was not having a pop at the club as i can fully appreciate the current climate and restrictions most clubs are facing. To be honest, if we went into next season with no new recruits and did sell Hjojberg i don't think we would fair that badly as the main thing is, the team does have goals in it. That said, if KWP joins the ranks and possibly a centre back then we should easily finish comfortably mid table again. Let's be honest here, most sensible fans appreciate we still have some high earners to cover for a year or two more. Then, and only then, if we do not see a bit more cash being spent will i have a pop.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 1896 viewsPatfromPoole

I’d take a straight swap between KWP and Hjogjberg.

KWP has been a revelation for us, whereas Hjogjberg has been useless since the Spurs Cup replay (when he was very good), almost as if he was trying to impress for some reason.....

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 14:25 - Aug 3 with 1884 viewsSadoldgit

Dealing with Levy was never going to be straightforward, especially as it could be complicated by buying and selling. This one could well rumble in to the last day of the window. If I was Hoj I wouldn’t be overly impressed.
Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 1861 viewsSaintsforeverj

We know Hojbjerg wants to go to Spurs. We know Spurs want him. We know he could see out his contract, sit tight and we lose him for nothing. What I'm saying is that if we don't get a move on, Walker-Peters will go to West Ham and and Hojbjerg will go for nothing or even less as his contract runs down. Why not just do the swap and be done with it? I know Hojbjerg is worth more, but his contract situation means he holds the cards whether we like it or not, so it's not beyond our control, just do a straight swap. At least will will then have an excellent young right back.

It's not slating the club, it's more a fear, that we will lose our targets as we try to get a few million more. We could end up losing all.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 14:59]

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:46 - Aug 3 with 1826 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 14:55 - Aug 3 by Saintsforeverj

We know Hojbjerg wants to go to Spurs. We know Spurs want him. We know he could see out his contract, sit tight and we lose him for nothing. What I'm saying is that if we don't get a move on, Walker-Peters will go to West Ham and and Hojbjerg will go for nothing or even less as his contract runs down. Why not just do the swap and be done with it? I know Hojbjerg is worth more, but his contract situation means he holds the cards whether we like it or not, so it's not beyond our control, just do a straight swap. At least will will then have an excellent young right back.

It's not slating the club, it's more a fear, that we will lose our targets as we try to get a few million more. We could end up losing all.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 14:59]

Chill Winstan....

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:59 - Aug 3 with 1816 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:46 - Aug 3 by TripleNiemi

Chill Winstan....

No, I'm not going to chill. I will write what I think. That's what forums are for.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 19:01 - Aug 3 with 1764 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:59 - Aug 3 by Saintsforeverj

No, I'm not going to chill. I will write what I think. That's what forums are for.

I completely agree, forums are a platform for reasoned debate.

In the meantime you keep winding yourself up cos i tell you what, it won't make a blind bit of bloódy difference to what the club do.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 19:38 - Aug 3 with 1731 viewsBuggalugs

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 15:59 - Aug 3 by Saintsforeverj

I find it helps it you stamp your feet and say it’s not fair too.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 1701 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 19:01 - Aug 3 by TripleNiemi

I completely agree, forums are a platform for reasoned debate.

In the meantime you keep winding yourself up cos i tell you what, it won't make a blind bit of bloódy difference to what the club do.

Oh, so maybe we should close every thread on here, as the only reason to comment according to you, is if it affects what the club do. And the political threads, well by your logic, people should only comment if it affects the government's decisions.

Actually, according to Nick, the club does check forums so see what the fans think. So you are probably wrong.

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 00:06 - Aug 4 with 1604 viewsSaintJackoInHurworth

Thank you Saint Nick for being a voice of reason and calm in a sea of panic and self-flagellation! You are spot on in so many ways and I think there are more things that can be added:

* Hojbjerg cannot leave for free in January - I am pretty sure that is rubbish and his contract runs until next summer.
* Hojbjerg is worth way more than £15m - even allowing for the fact that his contract is due in a year's time and that we are in a context where it is rumoured that players' values are likely to drop (an expectation that has not been demonstrated in many of the deals being done so far!)
* Walker-Peters is not worth anything like £15m yet - especially in the current climate, though admittedly his performances at Saints probably have added something to his transfer value - maybe even doubling in value from £5m to £10m.
* Premier League winnings are way above the ridiculous figure of £19m that someone quoted above. I think they are closer to the £123m that someone else quoted above.
* £123m is a lot of money that can cover the cost and wages of a reasonably decent player.
* Very rarely are player deals paid up-front - instead they are paid in instalments. Consequently there is some lee-way for negotiation even allowing for any failure to sell Hojbjerg this summer.
* Spurs do not hold ALL the cards on this. They need a central midfielder and will not go without one just to hold Saints to ransom over the amount we will accept. If we hold on and/or set a deadline somehow then they may be forced to shop elsewhere at which stage we may be able to sell PEH to one of the other bidders. In principle I would sell elsewhere than to Spurs as it could make a huge difference in the future if they realise we will not give in to their pressure.
* Hojbjerg definitely does not hold all the cards - if we hold on for a higher fee he will miss out on his dream move as Spuds will go elsewhere (after all this is Spuds not Liverpool we are taking about!), will end up a forgotten man in our reserves and will end up having to accept something far below his current aspirations! (In this respect the OP was right).

I really cannot believe that some people think we should just give in to Spuds demands over this - indeed some people seem even to be advocating going even further than Spurs are wanting us to go!! Are there Spurs, Bompey and Skates fans among us?.... NO, we definitely should NOT accept a straight player swap, nor even just £5m!

Instead I think the rumours that suggest we may end up buying KWP for £12m while selling PEH for £20m are probably much closer to the truth. Figures like that still feel a little like we have given in to Spud demands, but seem a fair compromise.

However, I would feel they should be the ultimate extent of our compromise to get this deal over the line. After all, we need enough money to not just buy KWP but to replace PEH, to shore up our defence and to invest in the future.
Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 06:34 - Aug 4 with 1548 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 00:06 - Aug 4 by SaintJackoInHurworth

Thank you Saint Nick for being a voice of reason and calm in a sea of panic and self-flagellation! You are spot on in so many ways and I think there are more things that can be added:

* Hojbjerg cannot leave for free in January - I am pretty sure that is rubbish and his contract runs until next summer.
* Hojbjerg is worth way more than £15m - even allowing for the fact that his contract is due in a year's time and that we are in a context where it is rumoured that players' values are likely to drop (an expectation that has not been demonstrated in many of the deals being done so far!)
* Walker-Peters is not worth anything like £15m yet - especially in the current climate, though admittedly his performances at Saints probably have added something to his transfer value - maybe even doubling in value from £5m to £10m.
* Premier League winnings are way above the ridiculous figure of £19m that someone quoted above. I think they are closer to the £123m that someone else quoted above.
* £123m is a lot of money that can cover the cost and wages of a reasonably decent player.
* Very rarely are player deals paid up-front - instead they are paid in instalments. Consequently there is some lee-way for negotiation even allowing for any failure to sell Hojbjerg this summer.
* Spurs do not hold ALL the cards on this. They need a central midfielder and will not go without one just to hold Saints to ransom over the amount we will accept. If we hold on and/or set a deadline somehow then they may be forced to shop elsewhere at which stage we may be able to sell PEH to one of the other bidders. In principle I would sell elsewhere than to Spurs as it could make a huge difference in the future if they realise we will not give in to their pressure.
* Hojbjerg definitely does not hold all the cards - if we hold on for a higher fee he will miss out on his dream move as Spuds will go elsewhere (after all this is Spuds not Liverpool we are taking about!), will end up a forgotten man in our reserves and will end up having to accept something far below his current aspirations! (In this respect the OP was right).

I really cannot believe that some people think we should just give in to Spuds demands over this - indeed some people seem even to be advocating going even further than Spurs are wanting us to go!! Are there Spurs, Bompey and Skates fans among us?.... NO, we definitely should NOT accept a straight player swap, nor even just £5m!

Instead I think the rumours that suggest we may end up buying KWP for £12m while selling PEH for £20m are probably much closer to the truth. Figures like that still feel a little like we have given in to Spud demands, but seem a fair compromise.

However, I would feel they should be the ultimate extent of our compromise to get this deal over the line. After all, we need enough money to not just buy KWP but to replace PEH, to shore up our defence and to invest in the future.

Bompey?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 1452 viewsdirk_doone

The clubs have agreed an exchange. It's now just up to the players to agree personal terms:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12042524/tottenham-and-southampton

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:24 - Aug 4 with 1428 viewsSaintsforeverj

Common sense prevails. Straight swap. We have a young player who will be worth 50 million in a few years. They have a player ready to warm their bench. So now I'm saying well done Saints, not slating them, if the reports are correct.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:27]

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:49 - Aug 4 with 1385 viewsTripleNiemi

Hojbjerg Needs To Tell Spurs To Get On With It on 20:24 - Aug 4 by Saintsforeverj

Common sense prevails. Straight swap. We have a young player who will be worth 50 million in a few years. They have a player ready to warm their bench. So now I'm saying well done Saints, not slating them, if the reports are correct.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 20:27]

Straight swap?? Not from what i have read.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024