Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Howe Has Left Bournemouth 21:24 - Aug 1 with 3323 viewsTimSaint

Just been announced that he has left the club - by mutual consent

Once touted as the next Arsenal and indeed England manager. What next for him ?

TimSaint

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 2629 viewsPatfromPoole

Possibly Bristol City if he wants a quick return.

Though he may just hide his time.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:38 - Aug 1 with 2600 viewsTripleNiemi

PMSL - Agent Redknapp to the rescue.....

Triffic
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 21:39]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 2573 viewsDorsetIan

Two months too late, if you ask me.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:44 - Aug 1 with 2571 viewsSaintsforeverj

I fear for Bournemouth. Howe leaving will change the club immensely. Small ground, small fan base with massive wages to pay in the championship will probably see them disappear back into the wilderness with financial difficulties.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:49 - Aug 1 with 2555 viewsA1079

I like the guy and he seems a decent person and overall I still think he is a decent manager, but I think he over-stayed his time at Bournemouth. He should have left last summer, I think he knew he had taken them as far as he could. There are some question marks over his tactics sometimes and he spent alot of money last summer but did not get the best out of them but I wonder whether he had lost his own sense of motivation.

I would not surprised if he bides his time for a little while, he looked deflated and deep in thought at the end of the season. It is a case though of whether you get back on the bike straight away or have a break.
Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 2490 viewsDorsetIan

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:49 - Aug 1 by A1079

I like the guy and he seems a decent person and overall I still think he is a decent manager, but I think he over-stayed his time at Bournemouth. He should have left last summer, I think he knew he had taken them as far as he could. There are some question marks over his tactics sometimes and he spent alot of money last summer but did not get the best out of them but I wonder whether he had lost his own sense of motivation.

I would not surprised if he bides his time for a little while, he looked deflated and deep in thought at the end of the season. It is a case though of whether you get back on the bike straight away or have a break.

If he's got any sense he'll take a long break. He's looked for a very long time like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. Needs to get his mojo back before he thinks about taking on another team. Nobody wants a misery-guts in charge.

One thing about Ralph. He's enthusiastic and he's a smiler.

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:43 - Aug 1 with 2454 viewsChesham_Saint

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:24 - Aug 1 by DorsetIan

If he's got any sense he'll take a long break. He's looked for a very long time like he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders. Needs to get his mojo back before he thinks about taking on another team. Nobody wants a misery-guts in charge.

One thing about Ralph. He's enthusiastic and he's a smiler.

I agree with all that but it is kind of sad. I wish him well (unless he ends up with the skates).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:43 - Aug 1 with 2451 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:44 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

I fear for Bournemouth. Howe leaving will change the club immensely. Small ground, small fan base with massive wages to pay in the championship will probably see them disappear back into the wilderness with financial difficulties.

Agree with this. They'll sink under any other manager unless it's someone who is "super motivational"

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 23:08 - Aug 1 with 2411 viewsDorsetIan

Echoes too of David Wagner. Took over at Huddersfield in 2015, did extraordinarily well but left by mutual consent in Jan 2019 with Huddersfield bottom of the prem.

..."On 9 May 2019, Wagner was appointed as manager of Bundesliga club Schalke 04 on a three-year contract until 30 June 2022.[22] In the second half of the 2019—20 season, Schalke set a new club record of 16 league games without a win between 25 January and 27 June 2020."... (They stayed up though).

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 23:09 - Aug 1 with 2412 viewsdarthvader

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:43 - Aug 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agree with this. They'll sink under any other manager unless it's someone who is "super motivational"

I think he knew he was fücked the moment that goal against us was chalked off

keep the faith coyr

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 00:34 - Aug 2 with 2340 viewsdirk_doone

He has been to Bournemouth what Don Revie was to Leeds and Brian Clough was to Nottingham Forest.

They will never have a better manager. He deserves a statue in front of their stadium if they ever build a stadium.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 00:34 - Aug 2 with 2339 viewsSadoldgit

Interesting. I thought he could have taken them back up. He will probably end up with another Prem job whereas Bournemouth could now sink further back down the league.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:36]
Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 02:47 - Aug 2 with 2305 viewsBison

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 00:34 - Aug 2 by Sadoldgit

Interesting. I thought he could have taken them back up. He will probably end up with another Prem job whereas Bournemouth could now sink further back down the league.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:36]

Give Keith Curl a chance or CH.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 07:45 - Aug 2 with 2226 viewsJaySaint

perfect fit for Sol Campbell

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 08:14 - Aug 2 with 2190 viewsChesham_Saint

Give him a year or so to recharge his batteries, do indifferently at another club and I should think there’s a good chance he’ll go back. Whether he’ll ever regain his mojo with them is another matter.

Meanwhile from what I can see most of their fans seem devastated. I suppose we could feel sorry for them, but what do we know, we’re just ‘scummers’...

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 2072 viewsA1079

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 22:43 - Aug 1 by Chesham_Saint

I agree with all that but it is kind of sad. I wish him well (unless he ends up with the skates).

haha Chesham, heaven forbid, but funny enough, I don't think that outcome at some point is beyond the realms of possibility.
Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 2054 viewsKennington

They’ve spent an absolute shÄ«t load and most of that on dross. Howe must take a fair bit of the blame for that. I get he likes attacking attractive play but that is a bit one dimensional. I’d take Ralph over Howe every time.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 10:36 - Aug 2 with 2042 views1885_SFC

He'll take a few months off and then take a manager's job around Christmas/New Year when some struggling PL team come calling... Palace, Fulham/Brentford, Villa, etc.

Old School is Cool

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 12:25 - Aug 2 with 1967 viewsChesham_Saint

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 10:36 - Aug 2 by 1885_SFC

He'll take a few months off and then take a manager's job around Christmas/New Year when some struggling PL team come calling... Palace, Fulham/Brentford, Villa, etc.

I think he’s from Watford originally so might be tempted there plus he was an Everton fan as a kid so that’s a possibility when the current fella fvcks up.

He did also play for the skates but that would be a massive step down (even from Bournemouth).

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 13:02 - Aug 2 with 1941 viewskingslandstand1

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 21:44 - Aug 1 by Saintsforeverj

Although I wanted them to go down, I fear you are right, which will really confirm why they are not a Premiership club
Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 1930 viewskingslandstand1

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 00:34 - Aug 2 by dirk_doone

He has been to Bournemouth what Don Revie was to Leeds and Brian Clough was to Nottingham Forest.

They will never have a better manager. He deserves a statue in front of their stadium if they ever build a stadium.

There won't be a statue then! Who would invest in a club that didn't always fill that 11,000 seater. I think as SainforeverJ has said, they will struggle and slip in to mediocraty if as expected, they lose their big players. One has gone already
Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 18:03 - Aug 2 with 1778 viewsarfurdent

so basically Howe has left the building but unlike Elvis he will disappear into League 2

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 07:29 - Aug 3 with 1582 viewssaintwizzler

What about Alex Scott?
She seems to know a lot about football. Apparently.

Or that lesbian looking scouse bint on SSN with the man’s Yogi Bear.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 08:18 - Aug 3 with 1547 viewsPatfromPoole

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 07:29 - Aug 3 by saintwizzler

What about Alex Scott?
She seems to know a lot about football. Apparently.

Or that lesbian looking scouse bint on SSN with the man’s Yogi Bear.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 08:39 - Aug 3 with 1535 viewsSaintNick

Howe Has Left Bournemouth on 08:18 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

A good article on the BBC site last night, which I think is as accurate as most I have read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53628740

i think it rightly points out as some have said on here, he should have got out whilst his star was brightest, not long ago he was mentioned for some good jobs, now he has the stigma of relegation he will struggle.

Some mentioned struggling Premier League clubs might be interested mid season, but his problem is now that he won't be seen as a man to keep a club up.

McNulty points out that he probably needs to drop down a division, do it all again with another club so he can show he is not a one club wonder, won't be a short way back for Howe

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024