Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Eat Out to Help Out“ 13:26 - Aug 3 with 9518 viewsPatfromPoole

Any Uglies doing this over the next 3 days????

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:35 - Aug 3 with 2704 viewsTripleNiemi

Have to admit it's a no from me. Apart from seeing my parents i am continuing to avoid all contact with the outside world wherever possible. Love going for a pint and curry etc. but sadly i don't feel this is something i need to do at this stage.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:40 - Aug 3 with 2694 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:35 - Aug 3 by TripleNiemi

Have to admit it's a no from me. Apart from seeing my parents i am continuing to avoid all contact with the outside world wherever possible. Love going for a pint and curry etc. but sadly i don't feel this is something i need to do at this stage.

I'd encourage you to get out mush. Stay out of the city centres and you will be fine.

I am taking my parents to a local Romsey pub tomorrow. It will be my Mums first time out since lockdown as they have been frightened off by the media. I want to show them that local pubs are very very safe.

I won't be going back in to Southampton City Centre any time soon though, as it seems as though Covid doesn't exist with the mongy student population.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:17 - Aug 3 with 2651 viewsSalisburySaint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 13:40 - Aug 3 by Boris_

I'd encourage you to get out mush. Stay out of the city centres and you will be fine.

I am taking my parents to a local Romsey pub tomorrow. It will be my Mums first time out since lockdown as they have been frightened off by the media. I want to show them that local pubs are very very safe.

I won't be going back in to Southampton City Centre any time soon though, as it seems as though Covid doesn't exist with the mongy student population.

What the mongy student population that are back home with their parents?

universities have summer recess since June ? And most shut for all but online learning in March
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:33 - Aug 3 with 2638 viewssolent_toffee

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:17 - Aug 3 by SalisburySaint

universities have summer recess since June ? And most shut for all but online learning in March

Yep, Bedford place has been dead for months. As you say most of the students have gone home.

Popped into town last week, Oxford Street, High Street, East Street. This was about 2 in the afternoon and it was a ghost town. Hopefully these students will come back soon and start spending their money as the local economy needs it, especially with the Cruise industry taking a battering plus lack of Saints games etc.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:35 - Aug 3 with 2635 viewssolent_toffee

I’m leaving it a week but will be going out next Monday as I have family down for their Summer break. My brother and his wife are minted and will be paying though so won’t be taking much advantage although will rinse my brother in lieu of my hospitality.
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:06 - Aug 3 with 2606 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:17 - Aug 3 by SalisburySaint

Do students not go out in their home towns when not at Uni then?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:11 - Aug 3 with 2599 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 14:33 - Aug 3 by solent_toffee

Yep, Bedford place has been dead for months. As you say most of the students have gone home.

Popped into town last week, Oxford Street, High Street, East Street. This was about 2 in the afternoon and it was a ghost town. Hopefully these students will come back soon and start spending their money as the local economy needs it, especially with the Cruise industry taking a battering plus lack of Saints games etc.

I went to Funky Flamingo a couple of weeks ago with friends and it was fine until around 9pm when they closed the roof terrace and it became packed and standing room only.

Went to Diegos for Wing Wednesday in Bedford Place for a mates birthday last week and absolutely no social distancing in there, groups of 10 sat at a table together sharing plates of Chicken. Went to The Social for a pint as well and groups of 10+ gathered around tables. It was like Covid never existed.

Won't be going back in to town. On the contrary, all of the pubs in Romsey and Baddesley have been great.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:51 - Aug 3 with 2564 viewssaint22

Another great idea from the government to coincide with their Stop Obesity campaign
Brilliant logic
Login to get fewer ads

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:08 - Aug 3 with 2550 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:51 - Aug 3 by saint22

Another great idea from the government to coincide with their Stop Obesity campaign
Brilliant logic

You're not very bright are you?

So many times in the last couple of weeks you've shown yourself to have absolutely no BUSINESS sense and your claimed 'success' is nothing but a fantasy.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:40 - Aug 3 with 2514 viewssaint22

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:08 - Aug 3 by Boris_

You're not very bright are you?

So many times in the last couple of weeks you've shown yourself to have absolutely no BUSINESS sense and your claimed 'success' is nothing but a fantasy.

And you continuous prove yourself blind to this governments idiocy and that you are a self serving greedy “I’m alright jack” furloughing take the loans screw everyone else type
A Tory basically
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:47 - Aug 3 with 2501 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:40 - Aug 3 by saint22

And you continuous prove yourself blind to this governments idiocy and that you are a self serving greedy “I’m alright jack” furloughing take the loans screw everyone else type
A Tory basically

Employed 8 new staff in the last 2 months, taken the keys to a High Street Shop and leased a second commercial premises which will create a similar amount of jobs on top.

16-20 people in work who otherwise would be jobless and one of very few businesses moving ON to the High Street.

No need to thank me.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:01 - Aug 3 with 2483 viewsBuggalugs

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 16:47 - Aug 3 by Boris_

Employed 8 new staff in the last 2 months, taken the keys to a High Street Shop and leased a second commercial premises which will create a similar amount of jobs on top.

16-20 people in work who otherwise would be jobless and one of very few businesses moving ON to the High Street.

No need to thank me.

Very admirable in these challenging times pal. Keep up the good work.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:06 - Aug 3 with 2439 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 17:01 - Aug 3 by Buggalugs

Very admirable in these challenging times pal. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your kind words. As no doubt you understand, but the minimum wage workers 22 and Soppy don't - you need money to make money.

The governments intervention wasn't just to stop people going out of BUSINESS as Soppy and 22 naively think, it was to stimulate the market and encourage BUSINESS's to invest.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:41 - Aug 3 with 2405 viewsSalisburySaint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 15:06 - Aug 3 by Boris_

Do students not go out in their home towns when not at Uni then?

My daughter who’s at university hasn’t been out once since returning from uni in March, so obviously not all are going out in their own town

Can’t see why you think students are to blame for mass gatherings,Where’s your evidence
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:14]
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:43 - Aug 3 with 2402 viewssaint22

No need to thank me.

As the high street dies and more and more people shop online and delivery companies reap the benefits, you open on the High St, genius move
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:44 - Aug 3 with 2402 viewsgrumpy

No need to thank me.

What's your business name and where in the high street is it?
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:48 - Aug 3 with 2393 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:43 - Aug 3 by saint22

As the high street dies and more and more people shop online and delivery companies reap the benefits, you open on the High St, genius move

Thankfully, I don't need to take my BUSINESS advice off someone who works in McDonalds but pretends to fly First Class to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Have you googled how Stamp Duty works yet?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 22:16 - Aug 3 with 2277 viewsThermosNBlanket

Boris take them to The Wheatsheaf it’s brilliant really well done and safe.
Great food
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:17]

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 00:12 - Aug 4 with 2226 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

No. I don't need to go out and I cook great food at food, no reason to do this.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 00:14 - Aug 4 with 2223 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Brilliant logic

Agree with this. Far healthier to cook your own decent food, knowing what you have put in it.

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 06:12 - Aug 4 with 2183 viewssaintwizzler

Funky Flamingo

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:31 - Aug 4 with 2110 viewsBoris_

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 00:14 - Aug 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agree with this. Far healthier to cook your own decent food, knowing what you have put in it.

You've turned in to a right grumpy old man recently mush.

You don't like planes, you don't like beaches, you don't like eating out...

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 09:02 - Aug 4 with 2091 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 08:31 - Aug 4 by Boris_

You've turned in to a right grumpy old man recently mush.

You don't like planes, you don't like beaches, you don't like eating out...

haha!

It crept up on me ...

Planes - I just think they're dreadful for the environment and have got fed up with people travelling around for no reason. No one needs to fly for work, it can all be done remotely - I used to do it quite often to Seattle and Budapest etc so I'm a hypocrite, but I wouldn't do it now.

Beaches - I grew up right next to Lepe beach, loved it in the winter and tended to avoid in August, but I've always found Bournemouth beach like mini-Spain with topless red people being angry ... I prefer coastal walking along the cliffs if I'm honest, always have.

Eating out - We will do this very occasionally as a family for lunch but ultimately it ends up disappointing as I can cook better food and not have to put up with other people, haha. The last decent meal I had out, that I definitely couldn't have done myself was at Northcote in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire (last Nov) when visiting family, stunning and the Government won't pay me to eat there ;)

But yes, I am very grumpy, although I actually an away day out on the football would sort me out ;)

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 10:36 - Aug 4 with 2039 viewsSadoldgit

“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 18:44 - Aug 3 by grumpy

What's your business name and where in the high street is it?

McDonalds?
“Eat Out to Help Out“ on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 2037 viewsSadoldgit

Brilliant logic

Someone on the news the other night saying their bookings up Monday’s, Tuesdays and Wednesdays but down Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. What a shock!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024