Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Walker-Peters 14:37 - Aug 3 with 5139 viewsJaySaint

Is he signing or what?

Read a report that West Ham want him.

Get this done ffs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 15:51 - Aug 3 with 2812 viewssaint22

West Ham will spend
We don’t
Should be taking him and 15m for hojberg - no brained
Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 2781 viewsSaintNick

Kyle Walker-Peters on 15:51 - Aug 3 by saint22

West Ham will spend
We don’t
Should be taking him and 15m for hojberg - no brained

I think we would take £15 m for hojbjerg plus KWP the issue is Spurs are valuing Hojbjerg and KWP at £15 m a piece so want a straight swap

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:33 - Aug 3 with 2757 viewsPatfromPoole

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:21 - Aug 3 by SaintNick

I think we would take £15 m for hojbjerg plus KWP the issue is Spurs are valuing Hojbjerg and KWP at £15 m a piece so want a straight swap

If anybody seriously thinks we would get £15 million plus KWP in exchange for Hjogjberg, I would suggest they have been watching too many cartoons.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:41 - Aug 3 with 2751 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:21 - Aug 3 by SaintNick

So what is the way forward? Hojbjerg can go for free if he runs down his contract. Spurs know this right? It also seems like Spurs know Hojbjerg will refuse any other move. So he won't be sold to another club, and we won't get Walker-Peters unless we agree to their terms.

Do you think the club should just call the whole thing off because they want to do a straight swap and that is not acceptable? Or are you saying Saints need time to negotiate? The thing is, like I said, Spurs probably know that Hojbjerg will just threaten to sit out his contract, so arn't we stuck with the swap and be done with it? It's not right, he is worth more, but it is what it is. We either do the swap and get a good, young right back in, get rid of a disruptive player or we lose them both. That's the choice isn't it?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 16:44]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 17:04 - Aug 3 with 2716 viewsBuggalugs

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:33 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

If anybody seriously thinks we would get £15 million plus KWP in exchange for Hjogjberg, I would suggest they have been watching too many cartoons.

22 has actually lowered his valuation as last week it was Walker-Peters, Winks and £10m for him.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 2618 viewsTripleNiemi

Kyle Walker-Peters on 17:04 - Aug 3 by Buggalugs

22 has actually lowered his valuation as last week it was Walker-Peters, Winks and £10m for him.

22 has been eating too many blue smarties then.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Kyle Walker-Peters on 19:56 - Aug 3 with 2555 views1ASIN12

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:33 - Aug 3 by PatfromPoole

Have to agree , Hjogjberg has less then 12 months on his contract and he could sign in January for free.
Kyle Walker-Peters on 21:08 - Aug 3 with 2462 viewsKennington

Kyle Walker-Peters on 19:56 - Aug 3 by 1ASIN12

Have to agree , Hjogjberg has less then 12 months on his contract and he could sign in January for free.

£5m plus KWP sounds about right. That’s probably actually more than a good deal as imagine If Hoj went on loan somewhere that’s all we’d get. I’d guess KWP is worth about £10-12m as he’s young and English, and has proven capable in the premier league. But I don’t really rate Hoj so I’m probably biased and just want shot of him.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Walker-Peters on 23:02 - Aug 3 with 2344 viewsDorsetIan

Based on their recent performances, you can see why Spurs don't think PEH is worth more than KWP.

It would be nice if, for once, this deal could be done before the eleventh hour on deadline day. They want PEH, we want him gone, we want KWP - this should be one of the easier ones.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 00:03 - Aug 4 with 2284 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 23:02 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

Based on their recent performances, you can see why Spurs don't think PEH is worth more than KWP.

It would be nice if, for once, this deal could be done before the eleventh hour on deadline day. They want PEH, we want him gone, we want KWP - this should be one of the easier ones.

Exactly Ian. I hope you don't get accused of "slating the club" after making obvious observations.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 0:05]

Kyle Walker-Peters on 08:09 - Aug 4 with 2151 viewsTripleNiemi

Kyle Walker-Peters on 16:41 - Aug 3 by Saintsforeverj

So what is the way forward? Hojbjerg can go for free if he runs down his contract. Spurs know this right? It also seems like Spurs know Hojbjerg will refuse any other move. So he won't be sold to another club, and we won't get Walker-Peters unless we agree to their terms.

Do you think the club should just call the whole thing off because they want to do a straight swap and that is not acceptable? Or are you saying Saints need time to negotiate? The thing is, like I said, Spurs probably know that Hojbjerg will just threaten to sit out his contract, so arn't we stuck with the swap and be done with it? It's not right, he is worth more, but it is what it is. We either do the swap and get a good, young right back in, get rid of a disruptive player or we lose them both. That's the choice isn't it?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 16:44]

Can i ask a question.......Do you rate Stuart Armstrong?

I only ask as if we do say a straight swap (and based on us / SFC being a self financing machine) the difference between that type of deal and trying to get say an extra £7m on top for any PEH and KWP move could be the difference to Saints getting another Stuart Armstrong.

I agree with Nick on this one; PEH has played far more PL games than KWP so whilst some think we should be asking for the heavens, i dont think Spurs throwing in say another six or seven million as part of the deal is too much of an ask even though his contract is running down. If not maybe keep PEH and show him Spurs are the ones scuppering the plan.

Just my personal view though, and seriously, i am not having a pop.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 8:12]

Kyle Walker-Peters on 08:54 - Aug 4 with 2119 viewsBuggalugs

Kyle Walker-Peters on 08:09 - Aug 4 by TripleNiemi

I only ask as if we do say a straight swap (and based on us / SFC being a self financing machine) the difference between that type of deal and trying to get say an extra £7m on top for any PEH and KWP move could be the difference to Saints getting another Stuart Armstrong.

I agree with Nick on this one; PEH has played far more PL games than KWP so whilst some think we should be asking for the heavens, i dont think Spurs throwing in say another six or seven million as part of the deal is too much of an ask even though his contract is running down. If not maybe keep PEH and show him Spurs are the ones scuppering the plan.

If only there was a self-made property magnate on this forum who could explain the importance in business of separating emotion when getting the big deals done.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 09:03 - Aug 4 with 2115 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This is silly now. Is this Levy messing around? Same with all these transfers, they always seem to become protracted sagas.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Kyle Walker-Peters on 09:44 - Aug 4 with 2072 viewskernow

Kyle Walker-Peters on 08:54 - Aug 4 by Buggalugs

If only there was a self-made property magnate on this forum who could explain the importance in business of separating emotion when getting the big deals done.

It's BUSINESS !
Don't you know anything ?
Kyle Walker-Peters on 10:13 - Aug 4 with 2036 viewssaint22

Kyle Walker-Peters on 23:02 - Aug 3 by DorsetIan

Ha, no chance
Watch PEH leave for free in January when we still need a new RB and CB
Kyle Walker-Peters on 10:21 - Aug 4 with 2023 views1885_SFC

It's worth remembering that Levy is THE worst person ever to deal with in football - bar none.

Old School is Cool

Kyle Walker-Peters on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 2017 viewsTripleNiemi

Kyle Walker-Peters on 10:21 - Aug 4 by 1885_SFC

It's worth remembering that Levy is THE worst person ever to deal with in football - bar none.

This - coont of the highest order.

Good job he runs Spurs as they are a match made in heaven. Awful club.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:12 - Aug 4 with 1906 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 08:09 - Aug 4 by TripleNiemi

I very much rate Armstrong. Much more than Hojbjerg in fact. So what if Hojbjerg refuses to budge. He decides to sit out his contract unless he gets his move to Spurs. Remember VD. He wouldn't budge unless he went to Liverpool only? Sulked and played badly for us in the meantime? And Liverpool waited until they got their man. They didn't buy another cb.

In this case the club miss out on Walker-Peters and another Armstrong. Levy I'm pretty sure won't budge. But let's see. We either sign Walker-Peters or we don't. If you think we can get Walker-Peters and also another 7 or 8 million from Levy, and Hojbjerg trots off hapily to Spurs, well let's see if it happens like that. If it does, great. But otherwise, we keep an unhappy Hojbjerg and won't have a right back.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:26 - Aug 4 with 1891 viewsSadoldgit

Spurs apparently want Hoj and don’t want KWP. I don’t see why we should cave in. Will Hoj want to spend a year on the bench or in the reserves? If Levy can play hardball, there is no reason why we can’t too. As much as I’d like us to sign KWP, there are other decent RB’s out there.
Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:41 - Aug 4 with 1873 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:26 - Aug 4 by Sadoldgit

Spurs apparently want Hoj and don’t want KWP. I don’t see why we should cave in. Will Hoj want to spend a year on the bench or in the reserves? If Levy can play hardball, there is no reason why we can’t too. As much as I’d like us to sign KWP, there are other decent RB’s out there.

Will Hoj want to spend a year in the reserves? I thought the same when we refused to sell VD. He then caused a whole load of damage to the team by sulking and playing up. Don't forget, Spurs can get Hojbjerg for absolutely nothing very soon anyway, so we don't have much bargaining power in this case. We could make him see out his contract. But we lose Walker-Peters and we lose Hojbjerg for free. We gain nothing apart from getting one over on Spurs.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:42 - Aug 4 with 1871 viewsBuggalugs

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:41 - Aug 4 by Saintsforeverj

Will Hoj want to spend a year in the reserves? I thought the same when we refused to sell VD. He then caused a whole load of damage to the team by sulking and playing up. Don't forget, Spurs can get Hojbjerg for absolutely nothing very soon anyway, so we don't have much bargaining power in this case. We could make him see out his contract. But we lose Walker-Peters and we lose Hojbjerg for free. We gain nothing apart from getting one over on Spurs.

What would you say if Ings wanted to go to Spurs and Levy was only offering KWP for him?

There is a market value for players and if the buying club isn't willing to pay that, the selling club has to be prepared to walk away, no matter what the circumstances. If not, you'll just end up get fvcked over in all future negotiations.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:50 - Aug 4 with 1857 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:42 - Aug 4 by Buggalugs

What would you say if Ings wanted to go to Spurs and Levy was only offering KWP for him?

There is a market value for players and if the buying club isn't willing to pay that, the selling club has to be prepared to walk away, no matter what the circumstances. If not, you'll just end up get fvcked over in all future negotiations.

Ings is a far better player than Hojbjerg and much more vital for the team. I understand your point but Im just happy that someone actually wants Hojbjerg to be honest. I suppose I actually think a young Walker-Peters who, will probably become a 50 million pound player in a few years, is a worthwhile swap. Hojbjerg wants to go (luckily, he is no Ings), I say get rid of the likely trouble maker and get in a quality young right back who I think can only get better and his value will raise to make the club a huge profit in future years. A much bigger profit than the few million we are squabbling over. I woud have taken the 25 million from Everton, but the trouble maker is colluding with Levy until he gets his way. It is what it is.

Who will be the ones laughing when we have a young speedy right back bombing down the wing, and they have a boring slow backwards passing player slowly ageing and heading to the Spurs reserves!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 15:09]

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:52 - Aug 4 with 1853 viewsPatfromPoole

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:50 - Aug 4 by Saintsforeverj

Ings is a far better player than Hojbjerg and much more vital for the team. I understand your point but Im just happy that someone actually wants Hojbjerg to be honest. I suppose I actually think a young Walker-Peters who, will probably become a 50 million pound player in a few years, is a worthwhile swap. Hojbjerg wants to go (luckily, he is no Ings), I say get rid of the likely trouble maker and get in a quality young right back who I think can only get better and his value will raise to make the club a huge profit in future years. A much bigger profit than the few million we are squabbling over. I woud have taken the 25 million from Everton, but the trouble maker is colluding with Levy until he gets his way. It is what it is.

Who will be the ones laughing when we have a young speedy right back bombing down the wing, and they have a boring slow backwards passing player slowly ageing and heading to the Spurs reserves!

Nods in agreement.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kyle Walker-Peters on 15:30 - Aug 4 with 1790 viewsBuggalugs

Kyle Walker-Peters on 14:50 - Aug 4 by Saintsforeverj

Don't disagree with any of that, but the fact remains you can't get pushed around and dictated to by a little helmet like Levy. He's the worst person to do business with and SFC have had enough dealings with him in the past to know how he operates.

Also, the fact Everton have supposedly stuck £25m on the table means it's not a Spurs or nothing deal.

Kyle Walker-Peters on 15:36 - Aug 4 with 1781 viewsSaintsforeverj

Kyle Walker-Peters on 15:30 - Aug 4 by Buggalugs

Don't disagree with any of that, but the fact remains you can't get pushed around and dictated to by a little helmet like Levy. He's the worst person to do business with and SFC have had enough dealings with him in the past to know how he operates.

Also, the fact Everton have supposedly stuck £25m on the table means it's not a Spurs or nothing deal.

It is a Spurs or nothing deal, if Hojbjerg refuses to go anywhere else. But I don't see how we are getting pushed around, if we end up getting a better and potentially more profitable player in. If we say to Hoj, that he is not going to Spurs, we refuse, I bet he plays up, and ends up there anyway, just like the VD situation.

Like I said, we will have the last laugh, it's within our interest to do the swap imo. Levy just doesn't know it yet.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 15:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024