Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MLT 23:28 - Aug 5 with 5595 viewsSteveMoron

Does anyone else think he should come off Twitter? He's not doing his reputation any good regarding his comments on Covid and constantly retweeting conjecture by people trying to make a name for themselves. He's gone down in my estimations a little. It's obvious he's not been personally affected by Covid 19.
MLT on 23:42 - Aug 5 with 3066 viewsSaintsforeverj

Is he not entitled to his opinion, whether people agree or not?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

MLT on 00:50 - Aug 6 with 3039 viewsBicester_North

There’s another poster on here that posts about MLT’s Twitter antics every couple of weeks, so there’s at least one other that thinks the same as you.

Probably best to leave this country as a place where freedom of speech is allowed. If you think MLT is a cock on there just tell him.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MLT on 05:50 - Aug 6 with 3005 viewsRipleys_revenge

I think everyone should come off Twitter
MLT on 06:27 - Aug 6 with 2985 viewsBuggalugs

No. Luckily, not everyone in this world has the same opinion.

Most of the tweets of his I’ve seen are about perspective and I completely agree with that way of thinking. That’s not making light of the seriousness of the virus, but believe it or not, there are people out there that don’t want to see the country’s economy and their futures implode over something that is unlikely to affect them.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

MLT on 07:46 - Aug 6 with 2926 viewsSteveMoron

MLT on 23:42 - Aug 5 by Saintsforeverj

Is he not entitled to his opinion, whether people agree or not?

Yes we are all entitled to our own opinion but sometimes it's best to keep it to yourself, especially on a subject that is so emotive and one that scientists don't know enough about. Let's see what happens this winter first.
He's certainly enhancing his reputation amongst Daily Mail readers. Says it all.
MLT on 07:59 - Aug 6 with 2908 viewsTripleNiemi

Don't do Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Pompey, Liverpool, Spurs......just avoid all that sheite

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

MLT on 08:10 - Aug 6 with 2894 viewsChesham_Saint

MLT on 07:46 - Aug 6 by SteveMoron

Yes we are all entitled to our own opinion but sometimes it's best to keep it to yourself, especially on a subject that is so emotive and one that scientists don't know enough about. Let's see what happens this winter first.
He's certainly enhancing his reputation amongst Daily Mail readers. Says it all.

Ah, the cliched shorthand of “Daily Mail readers”. That well know group of illiberal, racist, gay bashing, tax dodging, child abusing ne’er-do-wells who in an ideal world should be shot on sight. You mean them? Just as lazy as those who use “Guardian Readers” to represent everything they dislike (cue similar list of “isms”).

How the high streets of the Chipping Nortons of this world aren’t awash with the blood of the middle classes never ceases to amaze.

Anyway, MLT? No. As I’ve said before, unless he gets convicted for being a child abuser, wife beater, murderer or member of the KKK he can do what the hell he likes. Free speach and all that.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

MLT on 09:01 - Aug 6 with 2847 viewsBoris_

So he should come off Twitter because you don’t agree with his opinion and anyone that does agree with his opinion are “Daily Mail readers” ?

Poll: Claude Puel

Login to get fewer ads

MLT on 09:03 - Aug 6 with 2840 viewsJaySaint

basically, he should be 'cancelled' because you do not agree with him?

am i right?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MLT on 09:28 - Aug 6 with 2813 viewssaint22

MLT on 05:50 - Aug 6 by Ripleys_revenge

Or Twa-tter as its better known
MLT on 09:30 - Aug 6 with 2809 viewsBicester_North

MLT on 09:28 - Aug 6 by saint22

Or Twa-tter as its better known

Great bantz Benny!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MLT on 09:46 - Aug 6 with 2788 viewsthissceptredsaint

I do wish he hadn't posted what he has about Covid, it is disappointing and quite frankly embarrassing at times and I do believe he has damaged his reputation.

I try and remember him for what he should be remembered for his football. Having said that would he have been such a great footballer if he wasn't a little bit eccentric?

Many talented people have shown themselves up, damaged their reputations with behaviour not related to their field of genius.

I suspect there are a few rock fans on this forum who try to turn a blind eye to the behaviour of certain members of Led Zeppelin and others in having sex with underage girls which makes them peados which is far worse than MLT spouting off his ill informed and self entitled opinions on Covid.

And everyone is entitled to an opinion including the original thread poster
MLT on 10:17 - Aug 6 with 2763 viewsBoris_

MLT on 06:27 - Aug 6 by Buggalugs

No. Luckily, not everyone in this world has the same opinion.

Most of the tweets of his I’ve seen are about perspective and I completely agree with that way of thinking. That’s not making light of the seriousness of the virus, but believe it or not, there are people out there that don’t want to see the country’s economy and their futures implode over something that is unlikely to affect them.

You're absolutely right there Bugs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with perspective and looking at the overall picture.

Some are completely unwilling to entertain the thought that lockdown and the poverty that will come from the deep recession we're about to experience will cost tens of thousands of previously healthy lives.

Thousands of people with cancer have already unfortunately passed away due to being scared to attend Doctors with serious acute cancers requiring urgent treatment, for example.

Apparently it's in bad taste to be thinking about them... we're only allowed to consider Covid ( even though the number of people who had died BECAUSE of Covid is likely to be far less than published and the number of those who have died because of lockdown is likely to be far higher than published )

Poll: Claude Puel

MLT on 10:39 - Aug 6 with 2736 viewsWints76

I dont agree with all that he tweets by any means, and I do know that some Saints fans have unfollowed him (which is fine), some argue with him (fine) and some agree (fine).

However, he may need to be careful of some of the stuff that he tweets as if enough people kick up a fuss, his employers may not like being represented by some of his views, and in this day and age they may be swift to act and disassociate themselves from the view with blunt action.
MLT on 10:52 - Aug 6 with 2723 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MLT on 05:50 - Aug 6 by Ripleys_revenge

Agreed. I closed mine down and Instagram a few months ago. I don't miss it. It's a bullying playground 99% full of trolls and wannabe trolls.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

MLT on 10:56 - Aug 6 with 2719 viewssaint22

MLT on 10:52 - Aug 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. I closed mine down and Instagram a few months ago. I don't miss it. It's a bullying playground 99% full of trolls and wannabe trolls.

sounds familiar
MLT on 10:57 - Aug 6 with 2716 viewsBuggalugs

MLT on 10:39 - Aug 6 by Wints76

I dont agree with all that he tweets by any means, and I do know that some Saints fans have unfollowed him (which is fine), some argue with him (fine) and some agree (fine).

However, he may need to be careful of some of the stuff that he tweets as if enough people kick up a fuss, his employers may not like being represented by some of his views, and in this day and age they may be swift to act and disassociate themselves from the view with blunt action.

Sadly your last paragraph is spot on. Having an opinion that differs from the masses is dangerous when you're in the public eye, which is one of the main reasons so many things on tv and in the media are so dull.

There's simply too many people that take a differing opinion personally and rather than respecting it for what it is (an opinion), they want said person chastised and banished from the public eye for eternity.

MLT on 11:04 - Aug 6 with 2709 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MLT on 10:57 - Aug 6 by Buggalugs

Sadly your last paragraph is spot on. Having an opinion that differs from the masses is dangerous when you're in the public eye, which is one of the main reasons so many things on tv and in the media are so dull.

There's simply too many people that take a differing opinion personally and rather than respecting it for what it is (an opinion), they want said person chastised and banished from the public eye for eternity.

Wints is right - that's also the other reason I came off Twitter. It's too easy to bite and start getting involved. Most employers take a very dim view of their employees doing that, especially those who are visible to external partners.

MLT on 11:14 - Aug 6 with 2700 viewsBuggalugs

MLT on 11:04 - Aug 6 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Wints is right - that's also the other reason I came off Twitter. It's too easy to bite and start getting involved. Most employers take a very dim view of their employees doing that, especially those who are visible to external partners.

I have a browse every now and again as it's a good source of information, but I very rarely look at the comments. When I do, it only ends up winding me up and wanting to call people out, so it's just pointless.

MLT on 11:16 - Aug 6 with 2697 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MLT on 11:14 - Aug 6 by Buggalugs

I have a browse every now and again as it's a good source of information, but I very rarely look at the comments. When I do, it only ends up winding me up and wanting to call people out, so it's just pointless.

Exactly! And after a drink the temptation to call people out gets too great, so it was easier to close it down.

MLT on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 2637 viewsJaySaint

this is peak twitter

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

MLT on 13:48 - Aug 6 with 2602 viewsSaintsforeverj

I don't think anyone should be removed from anything, just because they give their opinion. If MLT wants to share his opinion, whether we agree or not he should be free to do so imo. As long as he is not advocating harm or criminality, he should be free to say what he wants.

He or anyone might make themselves look like an idiot but that is their choice. For what it's worth I don't agree with MLT stance on the coronovirus but I absolutely defend his right to give his opinion, even though I disagree. In fact, if someone disagrees, fine have a discussion / debate. The closure of discussion of certain subjects in this world is not helping anything imo.

What kind of world do we want? Not knowing what anyone thinks? Imagine every thread on here:
I agree
Yes, I agree
I agree with your view
I agree
End of thread

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

MLT on 14:20 - Aug 6 with 2575 viewsWints76

He has just tweeted that he is taking a break from twitter as people are emailing his employer etc to try and get him sacked. Shame, as he is one of the good guys (obviously).
MLT on 14:21 - Aug 6 with 2568 viewsBuggalugs

MLT on 14:20 - Aug 6 by Wints76

He has just tweeted that he is taking a break from twitter as people are emailing his employer etc to try and get him sacked. Shame, as he is one of the good guys (obviously).

…..and a very good pundit.

MLT on 19:29 - Aug 6 with 2497 viewsSadoldgit

What kind of scumbag tries to get someone sacked just because they don’t agree with their point of view. It is bad enough having complete strangers thinking it is ok to send posts trolling you without this.

I don’t agree with Matt on this subject but he is entitled to his view and he is prepared to argue his case, so fair play to him. Everyone should be able to express their views without being trolled as long as they are not inciting hatred. Still, we know only too well that some people enjoy using the anonymity of many forms of social media to abuse others who have a different point of view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024