Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur 14:25 - Aug 6 with 2920 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52728/saints-reach-agree

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 15:27 - Aug 6 with 2824 viewsPatfromPoole

If this is based on “information” from the utterly laughable Alex Crook, then it should be treated with much caution.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 21:36 - Aug 6 with 2612 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 15:27 - Aug 6 by PatfromPoole

If this is based on “information” from the utterly laughable Alex Crook, then it should be treated with much caution.

Adam Blackmore is saying the same thing as well

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 05:12 - Aug 7 with 2490 viewsareasix

They are both nearest to the heartbeat of the club apart from the reporter from the telegraph.
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 08:53 - Aug 7 with 2394 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 05:12 - Aug 7 by areasix

They are both nearest to the heartbeat of the club apart from the reporter from the telegraph.

It's a done deal according to Mail Sport this morning. £20m plus add ons - appearances etc (hope that's not for full 90 mins!), and pers terms agreed

And we pay them £12m for KWP
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 09:17 - Aug 7 with 2381 viewssaint22

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 08:53 - Aug 7 by kingslandstand1

It's a done deal according to Mail Sport this morning. £20m plus add ons - appearances etc (hope that's not for full 90 mins!), and pers terms agreed

And we pay them £12m for KWP

Oh in the Fail then it must be true

Seems to me 15m plus KWP would have been a better deal
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 2282 viewsRipleys_revenge

I am so bored of Hojbjerg , an average player making a hell of a noise seemingly without respite. I’ll take 15mill or whatever it is just to shut all this sh!t down. I also don’t get all the fuss about levy. The mans a c@nt, lets get on with shipping Hojbjerg out and focusing on ourselves.

I saw Pierre recently ‘liked’ some tweet by Mourinho. Is there anything less edifying than a professional footballer pressing a ‘heart’ icon as some sort of statement to try and force the issue? Just go mate, see how things work out for you at Spurs when you start waving your hands around and looking aggressive to make up for your own shortcomings on the pitch
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 2241 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:20 - Aug 7 by Ripleys_revenge

I am so bored of Hojbjerg , an average player making a hell of a noise seemingly without respite. I’ll take 15mill or whatever it is just to shut all this sh!t down. I also don’t get all the fuss about levy. The mans a c@nt, lets get on with shipping Hojbjerg out and focusing on ourselves.

I saw Pierre recently ‘liked’ some tweet by Mourinho. Is there anything less edifying than a professional footballer pressing a ‘heart’ icon as some sort of statement to try and force the issue? Just go mate, see how things work out for you at Spurs when you start waving your hands around and looking aggressive to make up for your own shortcomings on the pitch

Totally agree with this. All that waving around, kissing the badge, only to say that we are far too small a club for someone as brilliant as him. Give us a break Pierre. After the exciting attacking football they have been used to at Spurs with Poch, how long will it be, before their fans have had enough of park the bus tactics and boring, sideways passer Hojbjerg? He will end up in the reseves when the inevitable happens and Jose leaves or gets sacked.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 18:15 - Aug 7 with 2141 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:20 - Aug 7 by Ripleys_revenge

POTD I think
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 2140 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:44 - Aug 7 by Saintsforeverj

Totally agree with this. All that waving around, kissing the badge, only to say that we are far too small a club for someone as brilliant as him. Give us a break Pierre. After the exciting attacking football they have been used to at Spurs with Poch, how long will it be, before their fans have had enough of park the bus tactics and boring, sideways passer Hojbjerg? He will end up in the reseves when the inevitable happens and Jose leaves or gets sacked.

But a lot wealthier!
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 2111 viewsgrumpy

We didn't do too badly after the break without him.
£25 million
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 21:22 - Aug 8 with 1846 viewssaint22

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 18:34 - Aug 7 by grumpy

We didn't do too badly after the break without him.
£25 million

So medical Monday ahead of 15m move!
KWP yet to agree terms ahead of proposed 12m
So we make 3m profit!?!
Great business ffs
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 01:02 - Aug 9 with 1749 viewsBicester_North

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 21:22 - Aug 8 by saint22

So we make 3m profit!?!
Great business ffs

Well Lauren, when you think of our situation, Hojbjerg not long left on his contract, we are in need of a right back, Hojbjerg not been an important player for us for most of the season, KWP has been vital in our good recent run, is young and can be improved.
A couple of months back nobody would dream we’d get £25M for PEH, so all in all it’s not a bad deal.
But of course some like to give the club grief at any opportunity.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 08:39 - Aug 9 with 1627 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 01:02 - Aug 9 by Bicester_North

Well Lauren, when you think of our situation, Hojbjerg not long left on his contract, we are in need of a right back, Hojbjerg not been an important player for us for most of the season, KWP has been vital in our good recent run, is young and can be improved.
A couple of months back nobody would dream we’d get £25M for PEH, so all in all it’s not a bad deal.
But of course some like to give the club grief at any opportunity.

Agreed. I would have been happy with a straight swap with as you say an unwanted player who has contributed little for a player who wants to be here and was influential on the last 8/9 matches.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 10:45 - Aug 9 with 1552 viewssaint22

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 08:39 - Aug 9 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. I would have been happy with a straight swap with as you say an unwanted player who has contributed little for a player who wants to be here and was influential on the last 8/9 matches.

Well I would have been happier ie we sold him for 25m to Everton and bought KWP for 12m from spurs and made 13m profit
To me that sounds a much better deal but some seem to think second best is alright so there we go
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 1547 viewsDellHero_Would

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 10:45 - Aug 9 by saint22

Well I would have been happier ie we sold him for 25m to Everton and bought KWP for 12m from spurs and made 13m profit
To me that sounds a much better deal but some seem to think second best is alright so there we go

Keep going pal

Poll: Wearing a mask

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 12:46 - Aug 9 with 1463 viewswashington_saint

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 21:22 - Aug 8 by saint22

So we make 3m profit!?!
Great business ffs

You really are a complete wet blanket aren't you?

To get 20 million (+5 million in add-ons) for PEH with one year on his contract is fantastic. SOunds like KWP is 10 million with a further 2 in add-ons.

Great piece of negotiation from Saints if true!

Your math, for a successful businessman, is terrible. We will be making between 8 and 13 million profit on this deal. HOw is that bad business?
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 13:08 - Aug 9 with 1442 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 12:46 - Aug 9 by washington_saint

To get 20 million (+5 million in add-ons) for PEH with one year on his contract is fantastic. SOunds like KWP is 10 million with a further 2 in add-ons.

Your math, for a successful businessman, is terrible. We will be making between 8 and 13 million profit on this deal. HOw is that bad business?

Whether any of these £ figures are correct is almost irrelevant. The bottom line is that if you tracked PEH’s performances whilst he’s been with us, he ranges from very good to poor with most data falling in the ‘ok to good’ bracket (and then with more troughs than peaks).

He has also has a tendency to be hot headed and cheat (Palace away with blatant dives, for example). He clearly has no desire to play for SFC any more and has only one year left on his contract. The pragmatic solution then is get shot and if this engineers KWP In then, Washington is right, it’s a good deal.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 14:09 - Aug 9 with 1392 viewsSadoldgit

The thing is we can’t force a player to go to a club against his will. Given that Hoj apparently was dead set against going to Everton, we look to have done ok out of the deal. I wouldn’t trust the figures thrown about in the media but Ralph made the point that unless we were happy with the deal then he was staying put. I assume that the club are happy with the deal, in which case we should be too.
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 15:19 - Aug 9 with 1352 viewssaint22

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 12:46 - Aug 9 by washington_saint

Hmmmm all accounts I have read are saying 15m plus add ins - and what are they CL qualification....?
Then we pay 12m for KWP
I can’t see 8-10m there
Getting rid of PEH is good business I just think we could have done it better
Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 15:54 - Aug 9 with 1321 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 15:19 - Aug 9 by saint22

Hmmmm all accounts I have read are saying 15m plus add ins - and what are they CL qualification....?
Then we pay 12m for KWP
I can’t see 8-10m there
Getting rid of PEH is good business I just think we could have done it better

I think Saints have done exactly the right thing, accepting 15m or whatever it is. Spurs (and Hojbjerg) have us over a barrel. Hojbjerg can very soon leave for free as his contract runs out. So we have had to get the best deal we can with Hojbjerg demanding a move to Spurs and Levy not willing to pay much. We are a bit stuck. In the end if we get Walker-Peters in, get rid of a trouble maker, and gain a few million, I think it's fine. The alternative is keeping an unhappy player, who leaves anyway, not getting in a good right back and not receiving any money at all.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2020 15:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 1278 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 13:08 - Aug 9 by Chesham_Saint

Whether any of these £ figures are correct is almost irrelevant. The bottom line is that if you tracked PEH’s performances whilst he’s been with us, he ranges from very good to poor with most data falling in the ‘ok to good’ bracket (and then with more troughs than peaks).

He has also has a tendency to be hot headed and cheat (Palace away with blatant dives, for example). He clearly has no desire to play for SFC any more and has only one year left on his contract. The pragmatic solution then is get shot and if this engineers KWP In then, Washington is right, it’s a good deal.

He got sent off at home against Leicester season before last for diving while trying to con a penalty if I remember rightly?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 21:14 - Aug 9 with 1128 viewskingolaf

Saints Reach Agreement With Tottenham Hotspur on 16:48 - Aug 9 by MytchettSaint

He got sent off at home against Leicester season before last for diving while trying to con a penalty if I remember rightly?

To be honest, I’m amazed we’re getting £15m for such a limited player.

His win back data shows how misleading stats can be. Most of his tackles are a result of his Sunday League touch.

He is nowhere near as good as Winks or Dembele. Not in their league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024