Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Covid Stats 16:47 - Aug 10 with 9750 viewsBoris_

There is currently 11 people in the whole of Southampton area in hospital with Covid, 2 in the Portsmouth NHS Trust and 2 in Winchester and Basingstoke hospitals.

No ICU patients in Winchester or Basingstoke hospitals.
No ICU patients in Portsmouth,
5 ICU covid patients in Southampton.

So across the whole of Hampshire, there is FIVE people severely ill with Covid ( none of them admitted in the last 2 weeks... they have been there a while )

There has been ONE Covid admission in to a Hampshire hospital since June.

Why don't the local press want to share the good news, instead of trying to make people feel guilty for going to the beach etc, where it clearly is perfectly safe to do so?

These stats are fantastic news. No doubt that the usual suspects on here will be quick to jump on and paint more doom and gloom.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 18:41]

Poll: Claude Puel

Current Covid Stats on 17:09 - Aug 10 with 2706 viewsthissceptredsaint

Can you tell us where you got the information from?

It's not good news for the 11 people is it?
Current Covid Stats on 17:12 - Aug 10 with 2701 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 17:09 - Aug 10 by thissceptredsaint

Can you tell us where you got the information from?

It's not good news for the 11 people is it?

There has been ONE Covid admission in to any Hampshire hospital in the last 6 weeks.

This shows that the virus is well under control in our area. Would you not say?

Current Covid Stats on 17:24 - Aug 10 with 2676 viewsthissceptredsaint

Where did you get this information from? Just asking?

There is no good news in people being ill
Current Covid Stats on 17:31 - Aug 10 with 2662 viewscocklebreath

Current Covid Stats on 17:24 - Aug 10 by thissceptredsaint

Really? You don’t think it’s good news that so few are ill? It’s the same in Dorset, we’ll it’s actually less.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Current Covid Stats on 17:41 - Aug 10 with 2649 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 17:24 - Aug 10 by thissceptredsaint

You either have a political agenda or you have a really depressive character. Do you think that people who celebrated the end of World War 2 did so in bad taste?

And they are published hospital reports from the respective NHS trusts to Public Health England. Anyone can view them. I suggest viewing them rather than reading newspapers.

Current Covid Stats on 17:45 - Aug 10 with 2614 viewsDorsetIan

Current Covid Stats on 17:31 - Aug 10 by cocklebreath

Really? You don’t think it’s good news that so few are ill? It’s the same in Dorset, we’ll it’s actually less.

Yes, Dorset very low. And it is good news.

I am not losing sleep about people on the beach (down here at least). It's boiling hot, people can't go abroad, they've been locked up for weeks and as far as I can see from my recent trips people are doing their best to keep their distance and be sensible. (apart from the odd idiot).

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Current Covid Stats on 17:47 - Aug 10 with 2631 viewsSadoldgit

Given all the grief you give others for posting non football related items on the football section perhaps you would like to explain what this has to do with football?
Current Covid Stats on 17:48 - Aug 10 with 2631 viewsBoris_

Indeed. Dorset Hospitals NHS Trust have not had a single Covid admission since June and have 0 Covid patients.

Bournemouth have not had a Covid patient since May and have ONE patient currently in hospital with minor symptoms of Covid ( but the way PHE report, it is likely it's someone who caught it and recovered months ago but is in hospital long term for another condition )

So there's hardly any Covid in Hampshire and Bournemouth. Great news!

Login to get fewer ads

Current Covid Stats on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 2629 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 17:47 - Aug 10 by Sadoldgit

Given all the grief you give others for posting non football related items on the football section perhaps you would like to explain what this has to do with football?

Do you not want to discuss good news? This is not political. It is sharing positive news that the virus is well under control in our area.

Fantastic news, yes?

Current Covid Stats on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 2628 viewsSoton

Great new Boris, and it would still be great news if you could work out that it would be better suited to be posted on the non football part of the forum
Current Covid Stats on 17:49 - Aug 10 with 2628 viewsKennington

No idea where that data is from. If true it’s clearly positive news for the Hampshire area, but not all areas are fairing so well. I guess the problem is the daily infection numbers have gone back to above 700, it’s 816 today. So broadly things are just about controllable. But it won’t take much for things to spiral again. Clearly we have elements of the population who have no civic responsibility at all and think nothing of going partying or not social distancing by having their mates over. It’s these idiots ruining it for everyone else.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Current Covid Stats on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 2621 viewsthissceptredsaint

Where have you got your information from?

You still haven't answered a very simple question
Current Covid Stats on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 2621 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 17:49 - Aug 10 by Kennington

No idea where that data is from. If true it’s clearly positive news for the Hampshire area, but not all areas are fairing so well. I guess the problem is the daily infection numbers have gone back to above 700, it’s 816 today. So broadly things are just about controllable. But it won’t take much for things to spiral again. Clearly we have elements of the population who have no civic responsibility at all and think nothing of going partying or not social distancing by having their mates over. It’s these idiots ruining it for everyone else.

It's from the horses mouth, so to speak: https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-a

Note that PHE reporting still reports people who have had Covid at any point regardless of whether they are suffering with it now, so the numbers will be even lower.

Current Covid Stats on 17:56 - Aug 10 with 2613 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 17:53 - Aug 10 by thissceptredsaint

Where have you got your information from?

You still haven't answered a very simple question

I've linked it in my previous message sweetie. Why are you so desperate for things to be much worse than they are? Do you have a depressive character, or do you have a political agenda? It's one or the other.

This is a thread for positive news only. The news being that the virus is well under control across our region and as long as people remain sensible, then the worst is over.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 17:57]

Current Covid Stats on 18:15 - Aug 10 with 2586 viewsthissceptredsaint

You appear to have a political agenda in posting what you call good news in that some people are extremely ill.

I simply don't believe anyone is collateral damage so I do not believe bunting and balloons as you seem to believe is the order of the day is appropriate.

That isn't having a 'depressive' character it simply is the ability to empathise with others.

Can you tell me for instance where the expert opinion resides that says it is perfectly safe to go onto beaches and mix in such close quarters?

I am not saying it is or isn't at this time but I do notice you are making conclusions that are more politically motivated than reliably evidenced.

Do these figures measure people with Covid who are not being treated in hospital? Milder symptomatic sufferers are being told to stay at home for instance so are not being put into the figures. Whilst these populations may or may not have better survival rates they are infection risks.

You seem desperate to paint a very rosy picture based on very incomplete data.

In 1918 people with your sense of optimism declared Spanish flu beaten by this time in the year, by September it had returned with a vengeance

What is YOUR political motivation?
Current Covid Stats on 18:21 - Aug 10 with 2575 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 18:15 - Aug 10 by thissceptredsaint

You appear to have a political agenda in posting what you call good news in that some people are extremely ill.

I simply don't believe anyone is collateral damage so I do not believe bunting and balloons as you seem to believe is the order of the day is appropriate.

That isn't having a 'depressive' character it simply is the ability to empathise with others.

Can you tell me for instance where the expert opinion resides that says it is perfectly safe to go onto beaches and mix in such close quarters?

I am not saying it is or isn't at this time but I do notice you are making conclusions that are more politically motivated than reliably evidenced.

Do these figures measure people with Covid who are not being treated in hospital? Milder symptomatic sufferers are being told to stay at home for instance so are not being put into the figures. Whilst these populations may or may not have better survival rates they are infection risks.

You seem desperate to paint a very rosy picture based on very incomplete data.

In 1918 people with your sense of optimism declared Spanish flu beaten by this time in the year, by September it had returned with a vengeance

What is YOUR political motivation?

Crikey. You do have a depressive character.

There is nothing wrong in seeing light at the end of the tunnel whilst remembering those who weren't so lucky.

I'll ask again - do you think the street parties to celebrate the end of WW2 were in bad taste?

Why are you so desperate for things to be so much worse than the factual and unbiased information that I have shared?

Current Covid Stats on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 2551 viewsinthebox

Footy only please
Current Covid Stats on 18:33 - Aug 10 with 2547 viewsinthebox

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/category:2-non-football
Current Covid Stats on 18:41 - Aug 10 with 2536 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 18:31 - Aug 10 by inthebox

Footy only please

Does positive news offend you?

Current Covid Stats on 19:19 - Aug 10 with 2490 viewsSoton

That’s better, no point in having football and non football forums if no one bothers to moderate them
Current Covid Stats on 19:26 - Aug 10 with 2477 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 19:19 - Aug 10 by Soton

That’s better, no point in having football and non football forums if no one bothers to moderate them

Are you now just exclusively happy that it appears the virus is well under control?

I happen to be friends with ICU nurses at both Winchester and SGH and both still don't have any new/recent serious cases.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2020 19:27]

Current Covid Stats on 19:43 - Aug 10 with 2457 views1ASIN12

Very goodnews indeed,

You are right the meadia seem to only want to report the negative rather then the positive.

However its down to us to be responsible and do our bit unlike this fvcking prlck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53721267

I hope some way he gets charged with breaking the virus rules.
Current Covid Stats on 20:18 - Aug 10 with 2413 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s fantastic news.

And I’m one of the sceptical lot who struggles to understand why the pubs are open.

It’s going to be really interesting to see what Johnson says at the end of the week about relaxing any measures that he hold off relaxing 10 days ago.

As for whether this should be on the Football Board or not, there is hardly any football news at the moment, so it’s good to fill up this board with other threads.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Current Covid Stats on 20:46 - Aug 10 with 2385 viewsKennington

I’d actually forgotten there are two different boards on this site, it’s not exactly obvious. Usually these types of forums use proboard type setups where it’s completely clear, so no wonder everything merges together here. It doesn’t really matter as there are only about 10 regulars here anyway.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Current Covid Stats on 20:47 - Aug 10 with 2381 viewsBoris_

Current Covid Stats on 19:43 - Aug 10 by 1ASIN12

Very goodnews indeed,

You are right the meadia seem to only want to report the negative rather then the positive.

However its down to us to be responsible and do our bit unlike this fvcking prlck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53721267

I hope some way he gets charged with breaking the virus rules.

There are some absolute bellends around for sure, however as long as the vast majority are sensible ( don't cough in someones face, wear a mask when shopping and wash your hands - that's about it ) then the virus won't be able to spread far.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024