Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uk Now in recession 10:31 - Aug 12 with 7265 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53748278

We have the worst excess death rate in Europe and now the worst economic performance of the G7 in this crisis.

We have a bunch of corrupt clowns in government and a hologram opposition.
Uk Now in recession on 19:33 - Aug 12 with 1500 viewsChesham_Saint

Uk Now in recession on 18:07 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

I was employing a well known debating tactic called hyperbole Chesham 😉

Ah, the good old ‘Hyperbole Chesham’ tactic, most often favoured by those who’ve let emotion/alcohol get the better of them when firing from the hip early in a debate. That tactic? 🤓

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Uk Now in recession on 20:05 - Aug 12 with 1496 viewsRon11

Uk Now in recession on 13:43 - Aug 12 by Sadoldgit

Cronyism on a grand scale, inept handling of the pandemic, cabinet ministers who couldn’t manage their way out of a paper bag and an electorate of whom many really don’t care about it all because they apparently have got their country back.

I wonder if Doris and his cronies will be as happy when that country ends up being a third world one?

All the current re lockdown areas appear to be prominently third world already.
Uk Now in recession on 23:58 - Aug 12 with 1453 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 19:33 - Aug 12 by Chesham_Saint

Ah, the good old ‘Hyperbole Chesham’ tactic, most often favoured by those who’ve let emotion/alcohol get the better of them when firing from the hip early in a debate. That tactic? 🤓

Could be Chesham, could be 🤔
Uk Now in recession on 23:09 - Aug 13 with 1380 viewskentsouthampton

No surprise, we have been in a recession at some point under every Tory government in the last 100 years.
Uk Now in recession on 23:43 - Aug 13 with 1366 viewsBison

Uk Now in recession on 23:09 - Aug 13 by kentsouthampton

No surprise, we have been in a recession at some point under every Tory government in the last 100 years.

You got to be in it to win it mate , on the flip side they have also been in power when things are hunky dory.

What's your point ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Uk Now in recession on 09:42 - Aug 14 with 1314 viewsBoris_

People do realise that it's not about who is in the 'deepest' recession? It's about who recovers best?

We have a service led economy that grinded to a halt during lockdown. We'll bounce back better than many other countries.

Poll: Claude Puel

Uk Now in recession on 11:56 - Aug 14 with 1291 viewsSadoldgit

We don’t make anything so we have very little to sell. With less money in pockets fewer people will be spending money on “services”. The High Streets were already dying on their feet and this will accelerate shop closures. It is highly likely that it will take many years to get back to where we were, certainly the word ‘bounce’ would seem to be overly optimistic. Factor in a no deal Brexit and the immediate future does not seem bright. Every week more job losses are announced. A second wave of the virus is strongly predicted in winter which will bugger up the Christmas spending surge if it happens. We are in for a tight few years.
Uk Now in recession on 12:35 - Aug 14 with 1281 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 11:56 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

We don’t make anything so we have very little to sell. With less money in pockets fewer people will be spending money on “services”. The High Streets were already dying on their feet and this will accelerate shop closures. It is highly likely that it will take many years to get back to where we were, certainly the word ‘bounce’ would seem to be overly optimistic. Factor in a no deal Brexit and the immediate future does not seem bright. Every week more job losses are announced. A second wave of the virus is strongly predicted in winter which will bugger up the Christmas spending surge if it happens. We are in for a tight few years.

Come on misery guts, it's Friday.

We don't make much because in China and Turkey they can pay their labour £1 an hour.

I hope you're not blaming the government for enforcing minimum wages and levels of Health and Safety which means we are priced out of many production industries?

You really are a f*cking misery mush.

Login to get fewer ads

Uk Now in recession on 13:11 - Aug 14 with 1269 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 12:35 - Aug 14 by Boris_

Come on misery guts, it's Friday.

We don't make much because in China and Turkey they can pay their labour £1 an hour.

I hope you're not blaming the government for enforcing minimum wages and levels of Health and Safety which means we are priced out of many production industries?

You really are a f*cking misery mush.

So it’s Friday so we shouldn’t worry about the continuing pandemic and the state of the country and the economy? Ok. I guess you are still counting the savings you made on your stamp duty which no doubt takes your mind off the problems ahead.

But don’t fret Doris. I am still not crying, wetting my bed or actually miserable. I am worried about what the future holds for my daughters if we don’t up our game though.
Uk Now in recession on 13:18 - Aug 14 with 1263 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 13:11 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

So it’s Friday so we shouldn’t worry about the continuing pandemic and the state of the country and the economy? Ok. I guess you are still counting the savings you made on your stamp duty which no doubt takes your mind off the problems ahead.

But don’t fret Doris. I am still not crying, wetting my bed or actually miserable. I am worried about what the future holds for my daughters if we don’t up our game though.

What do you suggest we do then? The only way we'll ever be able to compete in many production and manufacturing industries again is by abolishing our minimum wage.

You previous post suggests you're somewhat blaming the government for us no longer having much in the way of manufacturing so I'm keen to understand why you think we no longer have a production/manufacturing economy.

Uk Now in recession on 15:07 - Aug 14 with 1230 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 13:18 - Aug 14 by Boris_

What do you suggest we do then? The only way we'll ever be able to compete in many production and manufacturing industries again is by abolishing our minimum wage.

You previous post suggests you're somewhat blaming the government for us no longer having much in the way of manufacturing so I'm keen to understand why you think we no longer have a production/manufacturing economy.

Who do you think is to blame for turning this country into this state? You don’t remember what Thatcher did to out industries? Unfortunately we can’t turn the clock back and reverse the damage her and her dogma did to our industries. Even the service industries in the banking sector that we have relied on for so long are vanishing abroad thanks to Brexit. You might recall that Napoleon once called us a nation of shopkeepers. Sadly we are not even that anymore.
Uk Now in recession on 15:11 - Aug 14 with 1228 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 15:07 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Who do you think is to blame for turning this country into this state? You don’t remember what Thatcher did to out industries? Unfortunately we can’t turn the clock back and reverse the damage her and her dogma did to our industries. Even the service industries in the banking sector that we have relied on for so long are vanishing abroad thanks to Brexit. You might recall that Napoleon once called us a nation of shopkeepers. Sadly we are not even that anymore.

what has that got to do with the current situation?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Uk Now in recession on 15:33 - Aug 14 with 1211 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 15:11 - Aug 14 by JaySaint

what has that got to do with the current situation?

It means that we have nothing to fall back on, no industry to speak of, and soon we'll lose service industries as a result of Brexit. We are where we are, but we'd be better placed to fight what's coming if we had what we had is the point I think he's making. And it's a good point.
Uk Now in recession on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 1206 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 15:33 - Aug 14 by oeuf

It means that we have nothing to fall back on, no industry to speak of, and soon we'll lose service industries as a result of Brexit. We are where we are, but we'd be better placed to fight what's coming if we had what we had is the point I think he's making. And it's a good point.

as a result of brexit?
what would be different now if we voted remain in 2016?

what industries would be running that are no longer?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 15:35]

Uk Now in recession on 15:42 - Aug 14 with 1195 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 15:07 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Speak for yourself mush. I own a shop.

Uk Now in recession on 15:45 - Aug 14 with 1190 viewsSadoldgit

Precisely. We heard that it was all about market forces so we bought in cheaper imports which were subsided by other countries governments and by refusing to subsidise our own products in order to compete on price we effectively signed the death warrant of many of our established industries. Skilled men ended up stacking shelves in supermarkets or making coffee, if they could find another job at all. There were choices and the ones that were made led directly to the predicament in which we now find ourselves.
Uk Now in recession on 15:53 - Aug 14 with 1183 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 15:45 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Precisely. We heard that it was all about market forces so we bought in cheaper imports which were subsided by other countries governments and by refusing to subsidise our own products in order to compete on price we effectively signed the death warrant of many of our established industries. Skilled men ended up stacking shelves in supermarkets or making coffee, if they could find another job at all. There were choices and the ones that were made led directly to the predicament in which we now find ourselves.

You need to cheer up a bit pal, you're a right depressive noddy. Is there anything ever that has made you happy?

Uk Now in recession on 15:54 - Aug 14 with 1181 viewsJaySaint

again, how is the the fault of anything in the last 6-12 months?

Uk Now in recession on 16:21 - Aug 14 with 1160 viewsBison

Things will be better soon mate regarding subsidies

"The default position in WTO rules is that subsidies are generally allowed, while EU rules consider subsidies to be generally illegal. WTO rules apply to goods, but EU rules include services too. ... Under EU rules, a business has to repay illegal state aid."

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Uk Now in recession on 15:32 - Aug 22 with 1047 viewsBoris_

But as you claimed on the other thread, you aren't a remainer and aren't anti-tory hey?

Another lunatic leftie exposed. This place is crawling with them.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2020 15:33]

Uk Now in recession on 15:38 - Aug 22 with 1040 viewsgrumpy

Uk Now in recession on 15:32 - Aug 22 by Boris_

But as you claimed on the other thread, you aren't a remainer and aren't anti-tory hey?

Have you looked under your bed to make sure there isn't a loony left under it.
Uk Now in recession on 09:17 - Aug 23 with 978 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 15:32 - Aug 22 by Boris_

Was this nonsense aimed at me? I didn't realise that being a right wing loon and a frothing leaver were requirements for forum membership, and that you had the job of chasing newcomers around the forum imposing your opinion of their political allegiances upon them.

This thread is about the recession. I voted leave. Its a fact that our leaving will drive out some service industries and deepen the recession. That's a fact regardless of whether you voted leave or remain.
Uk Now in recession on 09:50 - Aug 23 with 960 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 09:17 - Aug 23 by oeuf

Was this nonsense aimed at me? I didn't realise that being a right wing loon and a frothing leaver were requirements for forum membership, and that you had the job of chasing newcomers around the forum imposing your opinion of their political allegiances upon them.

This thread is about the recession. I voted leave. Its a fact that our leaving will drive out some service industries and deepen the recession. That's a fact regardless of whether you voted leave or remain.

You say 'deepen the recession'

by all accounts, the economy stopped contracting from May and although the recession was insanely deep (how wouldn't it be given the whole country was shut down and it was really March / April), the bounce back is expected to be better/longer than we could imagine

so, in what way will the recession 'deepen' when the results for Q3 and then onto Q4, will show the opposite?

I concede that the high st is fooked, but that was happening regardless of brexit, C19 and the Tory party

Uk Now in recession on 10:37 - Aug 23 with 949 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 09:50 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

You say 'deepen the recession'

by all accounts, the economy stopped contracting from May and although the recession was insanely deep (how wouldn't it be given the whole country was shut down and it was really March / April), the bounce back is expected to be better/longer than we could imagine

so, in what way will the recession 'deepen' when the results for Q3 and then onto Q4, will show the opposite?

I concede that the high st is fooked, but that was happening regardless of brexit, C19 and the Tory party

It's pretty obvious that taking out a huge chunk of our economy will make the recession worse.
Uk Now in recession on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 942 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 10:37 - Aug 23 by oeuf

It's pretty obvious that taking out a huge chunk of our economy will make the recession worse.

when you say "worse" and claim it to be a fact. That is simply not true

how can something make a recession 'deeper' or 'worse' when by all accounts we are not even in a recession?

The recession was the shortest (and deepest) in history (of our country)

but keen to understand your 'facts'....or are you just spouting anti-tory nonsense?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 10:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024