Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uk Now in recession 10:31 - Aug 12 with 6976 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53748278

We have the worst excess death rate in Europe and now the worst economic performance of the G7 in this crisis.

We have a bunch of corrupt clowns in government and a hologram opposition.
Uk Now in recession on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 1417 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 09:17 - Aug 23 by oeuf

Was this nonsense aimed at me? I didn't realise that being a right wing loon and a frothing leaver were requirements for forum membership, and that you had the job of chasing newcomers around the forum imposing your opinion of their political allegiances upon them.

This thread is about the recession. I voted leave. Its a fact that our leaving will drive out some service industries and deepen the recession. That's a fact regardless of whether you voted leave or remain.

So you’re claiming to be a leave voter but also claiming you knew all along that it would be bad for us to leave the EU?

Ok then!

Poll: Claude Puel

Uk Now in recession on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 1386 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 12:22 - Aug 23 by Boris_

So you’re claiming to be a leave voter but also claiming you knew all along that it would be bad for us to leave the EU?

Ok then!

We weren't in recession when we had the vote, nor were we in a pandemic. We now are. When I voted leave I didn't have a crystal ball and if you did then you're in a minority of one. As it is, we're now in a mess.

Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit? A simple yes or no without your misplaced opinion would be nice.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 13:41]
Uk Now in recession on 13:45 - Aug 23 with 1378 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 10:43 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

when you say "worse" and claim it to be a fact. That is simply not true

how can something make a recession 'deeper' or 'worse' when by all accounts we are not even in a recession?

The recession was the shortest (and deepest) in history (of our country)

but keen to understand your 'facts'....or are you just spouting anti-tory nonsense?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 10:52]

You're disputing that we're in recession?! Blimey.

It's basic and simple economics. If more money is in the economy, its stronger. Are you seriously saying that taking a large cog out of the economy will not make it worse? If you are, its a stupid thing to say.
Uk Now in recession on 16:48 - Aug 23 with 1337 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 13:40 - Aug 23 by oeuf

We weren't in recession when we had the vote, nor were we in a pandemic. We now are. When I voted leave I didn't have a crystal ball and if you did then you're in a minority of one. As it is, we're now in a mess.

Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit? A simple yes or no without your misplaced opinion would be nice.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 13:41]

You didn't vote to leave so I have no appetite to debate with you.

Uk Now in recession on 17:29 - Aug 23 with 1327 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 16:48 - Aug 23 by Boris_

You didn't vote to leave so I have no appetite to debate with you.

Ha! I voted leave, but the suggestion that you can set an entry criteria to have the misfortune of debating with you says it all.

I'll take your unwillingness to explain how having less service industries improves our economy as a grudging acceptance that you realise that you're talking bollox.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 17:33]
Uk Now in recession on 17:43 - Aug 23 with 1309 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 17:29 - Aug 23 by oeuf

Ha! I voted leave, but the suggestion that you can set an entry criteria to have the misfortune of debating with you says it all.

I'll take your unwillingness to explain how having less service industries improves our economy as a grudging acceptance that you realise that you're talking bollox.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 17:33]

"Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit? "

Your opinion above doesn't change because of the pandemic. We were going to lose or retain service industries regardless. So you're saying that you 'know' we are going to be financially worse off yet you voted for Brexit?

Now let me know, are you completely stupid or a troll? You have to be one of them, so which one is it?

Uk Now in recession on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 1303 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 17:43 - Aug 23 by Boris_

"Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit? "

Your opinion above doesn't change because of the pandemic. We were going to lose or retain service industries regardless. So you're saying that you 'know' we are going to be financially worse off yet you voted for Brexit?

Now let me know, are you completely stupid or a troll? You have to be one of them, so which one is it?

Mush, cut out the forum hard man bollox and take a breath. Your style does you an injustice. Just address points without being rude, even when you're on the defensive.

I went into the vote knowing there'd be financial fall out, but believing that was worth it to leave. I remain of that view. That doesn't alter the fact that given the impact of the pandemic, we'd be better off retaining the service industries we'll be losing.

I arrive at that place not by being a lefty or remainer or whatever idiotic badge you want to apply as part of your forum persona, but by using some sense and looking at issues individually and on their merits. Try it.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 17:51]
Uk Now in recession on 17:53 - Aug 23 with 1294 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 17:43 - Aug 23 by Boris_

Any chance of answering the question?

Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit?
Login to get fewer ads

Uk Now in recession on 19:32 - Aug 23 with 1266 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 17:53 - Aug 23 by oeuf

Any chance of answering the question?

Do you disagree that we'd be better placed financially if we were able to retain the service industries that'll be lost post brexit?

Any chance of answering why you're yet another new poster who has gone to the effort of joining a football forum, only to spout left wing political b*llocks to a bunch of strangers?

You're boring.

Uk Now in recession on 19:33 - Aug 23 with 1266 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 13:45 - Aug 23 by oeuf

You're disputing that we're in recession?! Blimey.

It's basic and simple economics. If more money is in the economy, its stronger. Are you seriously saying that taking a large cog out of the economy will not make it worse? If you are, its a stupid thing to say.

Do you think Q3 and Q4 figure will STILL show we are in recession.

If so, why?

Of course there is less money in the economy. The govt shut the country down. It was not shut down hard/long enough for most on the left wing of the divide...ie, you.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 19:35]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Uk Now in recession on 19:45 - Aug 23 with 1256 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 19:33 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

Do you think Q3 and Q4 figure will STILL show we are in recession.

If so, why?

Of course there is less money in the economy. The govt shut the country down. It was not shut down hard/long enough for most on the left wing of the divide...ie, you.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 19:35]

I have no idea what the q3 and q4 figures will be. Do you?

Do you think, yes or no, that our economy in the short to medium term, would be better if none of our service industries would be lost? Its a simple question.

Your last point is bizarre. You're either Boris with another logo in or equally wrong & opinionated. Quite what I've posted makes you believe I wanted the economy locked down for longer, I have no idea. I was back out in restaurants and shopping as soon as possible, I've been working throughout, and i encourage others to do so.
Uk Now in recession on 20:31 - Aug 23 with 1243 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 19:45 - Aug 23 by oeuf

I have no idea what the q3 and q4 figures will be. Do you?

Do you think, yes or no, that our economy in the short to medium term, would be better if none of our service industries would be lost? Its a simple question.

Your last point is bizarre. You're either Boris with another logo in or equally wrong & opinionated. Quite what I've posted makes you believe I wanted the economy locked down for longer, I have no idea. I was back out in restaurants and shopping as soon as possible, I've been working throughout, and i encourage others to do so.

yes, i do (re Q3 and Q4). The economy started to make a pretty sharp recovery from may....and it has continued (more sharply than the EU) since.

So yes, yes I do
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 20:31]

Uk Now in recession on 20:49 - Aug 23 with 1229 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 20:31 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

yes, i do (re Q3 and Q4). The economy started to make a pretty sharp recovery from may....and it has continued (more sharply than the EU) since.

So yes, yes I do
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 20:31]

You may be correct. There's a more positive mood out there than people think. Property is selling, new builds are still going up and trades at all end of the building stages are bouyant. Rishi has done his best to keep restaurants going which is helping the supply chain. We may bounce q3 but I'm interested to see how we go post furlough, and then post actual brexit. Interesting times ahead, but back to my original point, there's no doubt imo that we'd benefit from the retention of all industries in the current climate. It is what it is though.
Uk Now in recession on 20:56 - Aug 23 with 1216 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 20:49 - Aug 23 by oeuf

You may be correct. There's a more positive mood out there than people think. Property is selling, new builds are still going up and trades at all end of the building stages are bouyant. Rishi has done his best to keep restaurants going which is helping the supply chain. We may bounce q3 but I'm interested to see how we go post furlough, and then post actual brexit. Interesting times ahead, but back to my original point, there's no doubt imo that we'd benefit from the retention of all industries in the current climate. It is what it is though.

the retention of industries is a question way beyond this current climate and in fact, this govt.

but hey, all BoJo'f fault (not suggesting you believe that, but many do)

there is very little 'Great' about Great Britain. We are now a nation of whiney fat b'startds, who want everything handed to them with little critical thought and determination to overcome a bit of hardship.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 21:01]

Uk Now in recession on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 1102 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 20:56 - Aug 23 by JaySaint

the retention of industries is a question way beyond this current climate and in fact, this govt.

but hey, all BoJo'f fault (not suggesting you believe that, but many do)

there is very little 'Great' about Great Britain. We are now a nation of whiney fat b'startds, who want everything handed to them with little critical thought and determination to overcome a bit of hardship.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 21:01]

Jay, you do know that the “Great” in Great Britain doesn’t mean “great” as in wonderful don’t you?
Uk Now in recession on 12:50 - Aug 29 with 1091 viewsJaySaint

Uk Now in recession on 12:42 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Jay, you do know that the “Great” in Great Britain doesn’t mean “great” as in wonderful don’t you?

fully aware, thanks

Uk Now in recession on 12:57 - Aug 29 with 1080 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 12:50 - Aug 29 by JaySaint

fully aware, thanks

👍
Uk Now in recession on 13:22 - Aug 29 with 1067 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 12:42 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

What a miserable life you must have. You hate your country and everything about it. Are you ever happy about anything?

Uk Now in recession on 18:31 - Aug 29 with 1025 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 13:22 - Aug 29 by Boris_

What a miserable life you must have. You hate your country and everything about it. Are you ever happy about anything?

Do you ever stop having a dig at people, even when they aren’t addressing you?
Uk Now in recession on 12:31 - Aug 30 with 969 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 18:31 - Aug 29 by Sadoldgit

Do you ever stop having a dig at people, even when they aren’t addressing you?

Answer the question. What makes you happy? There must be SOMETHING?

Uk Now in recession on 12:33 - Aug 30 with 967 viewsSadoldgit

Uk Now in recession on 12:31 - Aug 30 by Boris_

You going on a break 😀
Uk Now in recession on 15:38 - Aug 30 with 938 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 12:31 - Aug 30 by Boris_

Ever thought of getting a hobby?
Uk Now in recession on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 936 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 15:38 - Aug 30 by oeuf

Ever thought of getting a hobby?

You've literally registered another anonymous username on an internet forum. I think it's you that needs the life pal.

Uk Now in recession on 16:01 - Aug 30 with 923 viewsoeuf

Uk Now in recession on 15:39 - Aug 30 by Boris_

You've literally registered another anonymous username on an internet forum. I think it's you that needs the life pal.

Eh? I've only ever registered once on here pal.

I've never encountered someone who presumes to know so much about someone else, but get it so wrong. You're hilariously shit.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 16:02]
Uk Now in recession on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 911 viewsBoris_

Uk Now in recession on 16:01 - Aug 30 by oeuf

Eh? I've only ever registered once on here pal.

I've never encountered someone who presumes to know so much about someone else, but get it so wrong. You're hilariously shit.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 16:02]

So you thought you'd register for the first time on a Southampton fans football forum and so far, you've talked about football once and every single other post is backing up your 'friends' political opinions.

OK then....
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 16:09]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024