Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more have they got??! 08:11 - Aug 13 with 4275 viewssaint22

Now you can add Gavin Williamson to the list of endless incompetent fools the clown has in his cabinet
Ruining our education system single handedly and our kids futures
Beggars belief
How many more have they got??! on 19:47 - Aug 17 with 763 viewsBazza

How many more have they got??! on 18:09 - Aug 17 by Saintsforeverj

U-turn from the government but at least it is the right decision in the end. Teachers who have known their students for a number of years, should be deciding their grades. It is the only way to do it. Using a computer generated algorithm to decide on grades and future lives was blatantly stupid.

Algorithms can’t be stupid that’s people. I think it has been a shambles with Ofqual at the heart of the problem. Whining without counter proposals from the left has not been helpful.
Using the teachers grading is not without problems when they have been said to be frequently inflated. Sending weak students to Uni at a cost of over £50k is not doing them any favours. Does anyone really think sending 50% of students to Uni is sensible?
How many more have they got??! on 19:54 - Aug 17 with 756 viewsSaintsforeverj

How many more have they got??! on 19:47 - Aug 17 by Bazza

Algorithms can’t be stupid that’s people. I think it has been a shambles with Ofqual at the heart of the problem. Whining without counter proposals from the left has not been helpful.
Using the teachers grading is not without problems when they have been said to be frequently inflated. Sending weak students to Uni at a cost of over £50k is not doing them any favours. Does anyone really think sending 50% of students to Uni is sensible?

When I did my exams, I got a lower grade in the mocks than for the main exams. I revised more thoroughly for the main exam. For an algorithm to input previous results and to come up with a grade, to me is not accurate. When I did A level geography, in the first exam year 1, I got an E. I revised much harder from then on and got an A. To include that E in an algorithm doesn't take into account improvement and revision. With the algorithm, I would probably would have got an average of a b or c. Teachers will know who will be capable of doing well at University and what grade they were likely to get. Not perfect, and some grades might be inflated but is the only option imo.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 19:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

How many more have they got??! on 21:44 - Aug 17 with 715 viewsDorsetIan

How many more have they got??! on 19:47 - Aug 17 by Bazza

It has been helpful, it's got the thing overturned.

And it's not as if teachers have been predicting As for D students. They will have predicted what the students would get on their best day, so it's not likely that too many will be going to University too far above their abilities. Some that do will be weeded out when they get there. But by the same token some that might have missed out will get a chance to shine that they wouldn't have had.

And what else would you have those kids do for the next 3 years, in the current ecomomic climate? Far better that there are trying to learn than doing nothing.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

How many more have they got??! on 22:48 - Aug 17 with 686 viewsBazza

How many more have they got??! on 21:44 - Aug 17 by DorsetIan

It has been helpful, it's got the thing overturned.

And it's not as if teachers have been predicting As for D students. They will have predicted what the students would get on their best day, so it's not likely that too many will be going to University too far above their abilities. Some that do will be weeded out when they get there. But by the same token some that might have missed out will get a chance to shine that they wouldn't have had.

And what else would you have those kids do for the next 3 years, in the current ecomomic climate? Far better that there are trying to learn than doing nothing.

Rubbish course at rubbish Uni costing £50k is not necessarily better than shelf stacking or on benefits with an income
How many more have they got??! on 08:07 - Aug 18 with 629 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 22:48 - Aug 17 by Bazza

Rubbish course at rubbish Uni costing £50k is not necessarily better than shelf stacking or on benefits with an income

Other than there will be a glut of people who have lost their jobs recently looking to stack shelves. The last thing the job market needs right now is a big influx of new job seekers.
How many more have they got??! on 08:10 - Aug 18 with 628 viewssaint22

How many more have they got??! on 18:58 - Aug 17 by kentsouthampton

At what point do this government actually call these mistakes instead of U turns?
Fkn shambles the lot of them
Brexit and now this, thank god I know I didn't vote for them
How many more have they got??! on 13:09 - Aug 18 with 583 viewsBazza

How many more have they got??! on 08:10 - Aug 18 by saint22

At what point do this government actually call these mistakes instead of U turns?
Fkn shambles the lot of them
Brexit and now this, thank god I know I didn't vote for them

still hurting eh?
How many more have they got??! on 14:07 - Aug 18 with 561 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 13:09 - Aug 18 by Bazza

still hurting eh?

We are all hurting Bazza, that is the problem when you are managed by inept people.
Login to get fewer ads

How many more have they got??! on 15:00 - Aug 18 with 541 viewsBoris_

How many more have they got??! on 14:07 - Aug 18 by Sadoldgit

We are all hurting Bazza, that is the problem when you are managed by inept people.

Still moaning about your employer are you Soppy? You ungrateful old tart.

Poll: Claude Puel

How many more have they got??! on 20:19 - Aug 18 with 488 viewsSadoldgit

How many more have they got??! on 15:00 - Aug 18 by Boris_

Still moaning about your employer are you Soppy? You ungrateful old tart.

No Doris, but then anything you post rarely has a passing resemblance to any approaching a fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024